Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 PGA Tour -

Joe Mammy

CM basically is Spieth, with slightly better ball striking...minus the long putting spectacular talent but without the spectacular mental hangups. He’ll win more majors no question.

5 minutes ago, gump said:

It’ll never happen. 

I’d take that bet in a heartbeat 

Never is pretty strong word for a guy who is still 27 degrees not you think?

Two Top 3s in majors this year, broke a 4 year drought of winning, and you still trash him relentlessly 

(tbf so do a lot of posters in this thread)

He’s an enormously talented player

He’ll I think he’ll win more majors (plural) but hey, that’s just like my opinion, man

Y’all act like humans are incapable of change, redemption, turning things around, overcoming mental challenges

toxic af

Anyway, great week for him

Better week for Collin, so clutch

• Like 1

no bogies last 31 holes 

(did anyone here what the qualifier was....”third longest ______ to finish _____ in history” :confused: was that Open Championship history? can’t be major history) 

16 minutes ago, gump said:

CM basically is Spieth, with slightly better ball striking...minus the long putting spectacular talent but without the spectacular mental hangups. He’ll win more majors no question.

Speith is spectacular to watch and fail.  It's the most entertaining part of golf right now.  He really has no comparison now in history.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

I’d take that bet in a heartbeat 

Never is pretty strong word for a guy who is still 27 degrees not you think?

Two Top 3s in majors this year, broke a 4 year drought of winning, and you still trash him relentlessly 

(tbf so do a lot of posters in this thread)

He’s an enormously talented player

He’ll I think he’ll win more majors (plural) but hey, that’s just like my opinion, man

Y’all act like humans are incapable of change, redemption, turning things around, overcoming mental challenges

toxic af

Anyway, great week for him

Better week for Collin, so clutch

Sorry gb...long history on this board w Spieth. I haven’t trashed him just feel like it’s my responsibility to remind all of his short putting mental hang up, since the entire world ignores it...and always has. I’ve never said I dislike him.

2 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Speith is spectacular to watch and fail.  It's the most entertaining part of golf right now.  He really has no comparison now in history.  

Norman maybe? Different games and pressure impacted them in different spots.

36 minutes ago, Harry Frogfish said:

That's rough, looked like it was going in for a second, too.  What's the name of the pool?

It is an all majors tournament that a friend runs. 300 bucks to get in. Set up like superbowl squares for each major. Only first two rounds players are posted, and it is just top 20 golfers. After Friday, top 20 on leaderboard are there instead. Money given for low scores of the day and low combined scores for each major, and then low combined scores for all majors (plus players).

That missed putt was the difference of 2K I think. Would have had low round of the day, and low score for The Open, and would have had solo 3rd place overall. Instead I still won 750 I think.

It's all dumb luck, but there is a lot of money in the pool so it is fun

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Not to throw cold water on the Morikawa love but apparently he has a serious girlfriend.

If that poor bastard gets married. it's all downhill. See Rory, Spieth, Rickie..

This is where Brooks shines.  Has weathered that storm 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Not the most impressive trophy I've ever seen.

small country, small jug

(my dad used to refer to the UK as “that little island” just to see if he could get a rise out of our British friends)

That was a dominant performance by Morikawa this afternoon.  Spieth was close but I never even felt like he was in it.

The clutch putts that Morikawa made to not let it slip away are really understated.   Could have been a much different tournament but he wasn't going to let it happen

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, gump said:

I've heard all the post tourney now...he's incredibly bright and polished for his age.

And what a decision to change 3 irons from his bag before the tourney.

You can be sure he's not complaining about anything in that bag!

And also, "sole geometry" was involved. The pointy heads can figure out the golf equipment.

Edited by Joe Mammy

17 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

You can be sure he's not complaining about anything in that bag!

And also, "sole geometry" was involved. The pointy heads can figure out the golf equipment.

I really liked "turf interaction."  

2022 Masters Ticket Information

We have completed the ticket selection process for the 2022 Masters Tournament and we regret to inform you that your application was not selected.

:kicksrock:

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

We have completed the ticket selection process for the 2022 Masters Tournament and we regret to inform you that your application was not selected.

Yeah. Me too.

Maybe I'll have some luck with u s open in boston.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, CGRdrJoe said:

20 hours ago, brun said:

Yeah. Me too.

Maybe I'll have some luck with u s open in boston.

Denied

My wife and daughter are at the final round. If dechambeau doesn't win, my daughter will be one of the kids taking pictures with the winner. (She'll be the Chinese one) 

Go English! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

heads up, DFS players.

PGA fantasy sent email that Webb Simpson has WD. Not seeing anything official on twitter yet.

Apparently PGA Fantasy sent out a bunch of bad emails about guys WD who are not. Kokrak, Si Woo Kim also

@RickRunGood: Apparently people are receiving a notification that Webb Simpson withdrew from PGA TOUR Fantasy. 

I haven’t seen any other reports of this and believe (hope) it to be a mistake. https://twitter.com/RickRunGood/status/1425798157921783808/photo/1