What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (8 Viewers)

Band of Horses - Everything All The Time

There's another album of theirs that I have probably listened to way more, but if I have to grab one for eternity it's this one.  Ben Bridwell is another of those voices that completely captivates me.

Tracklist:

The First Song
Wicked Gil
Our Swords
The Funeral
Part One
The Great Salt Lake
Weed Party
I Go To The Barn Because I Like This
Monsters
St. Augustine
new to me, and enjoying very much - i need more of that 😁

I changed my mind a couple more times, but I feel really good about this pick.  1995, my pledge year again.  This is one of those records I play often, and all the way through.  Always improves my mood.  I saw them in like 96 at Lala in VT.

Rancid - And Out Come the Wolves

Songs are 

Journey to the End of the East Bay and...

Olympia Washington
better exemplary latter day genre offering than anything Green Day ever did - this is how ya do it. 

9.09 - The Ramones - The Ramones (1976)

Blitzkrieg Bop

Havana Affair
played chicken with this one too long, lasting 'til the 9th is a gift - debut that changed the 'scape forever, and this is the greatest punk album ever

Time for some VBD, I missed the boat on a lot of great artists over the years as I kept a narrow focus that has widened over the years and now I am playing catch up on a lot of great stuff.  Bowie is one of those acts that when I started collecting vinyl again 3 years ago that I got into big time, I try and play a Bowie record every Friday and need that to continue on my Island.  There are still plenty of Bowie gems left, but I love this record start to finish.

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane - 1973

• The Jean Genie
  • Panic In Detroit
I cannot believe I am up at this hour.  

Panic In Detroit is one of my all-time favorites.  

There's another album of theirs that I have probably listened to way more, but if I have to grab one for eternity it's this one.  Ben Bridwell is another of those voices that completely captivates me.

Tracklist:

The First Song
Wicked Gil
Our Swords
The Funeral
Part One
The Great Salt Lake
Weed Party
Monsters
St. Augustine
well your "forever eternity" 9th round album doesn't have a year

Tracklist:

The First Song
Wicked Gil
Our Swords
The Funeral
Part One
The Great Salt Lake
Weed Party
Monsters
St. Augustine
No idea why I forgot about this band and didn’t have them written down. I love this album. 

Looking at my list and picks, evidently I have switched to almost all 70s and 00s+ for my frequent music listening.   That comes as a slight surprise to me - I thought I would be grabbing more 90s, but all I have is Superunknown and a small list of others I wrote as possible picks.  

@Yo Mama is up

clock begins at 10am EST (already have a couple of picks in though)

I am on deck

@otb_lifer is in the hole

Public Announcement:  Your spreadsheet runners request that you please include the date of the album release with your selection.  It is also a helpful if the round of the selection is included.  

Sorry for the delay - the clock has an east coast bias. I actually woke up early for this. 

In my mid to late 20s I did a bunch of camping at various lakes across CA for jet skiing and drinking and smoking and stuff. This is one of those albums that defined that time and and still reminds me of floating on an inner tube with a beer in hand without a care in the world. Yo Mama selects:

9.19 - Sublime - Sublime (1996)

1 - Garden Grove

2 - What I Got

3 - Wrong Way

4 - Same in the End

5 - April 29, 1992 (Miami)

6 - Santeria

7 - Seed

8 - Jailhouse

9 - Pawn Shop

10 - Paddle Out

11 - The Ballad of Johnny Butt

12 - Burritos

13 - Under My Voodoo

14 - Get Ready

15 - Caress Me Down

16 - What I Got (Reprise)

17 - Doin’ Time

For song choices, I had a hard time narrowing it down to two since this is such a deep album for me even beyond all the hits. Burritos and Get Ready in particular are great quarantine songs, and it was really hard to not choose Doin’ Time, but everyone’s heard that a billion times. My choices:

Pawn Shop

Under My Voodoo

So many great stories to this album, more write up to come. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay - the clock has an east coast bias. I actually woke up early for this. 

In my mid to late 20s I did a bunch of camping at various lakes across CA for her skiing and drinking and smoking and stuff. This is one of those albums that defined that time and and still reminds me of floating on an inner tube with a beer in hand without a care in the world. Yo Mama selects:

9.19 - Sublime - Sublime (1996)
I played the hell out of that in college. Great choice for the island. 

Users who are viewing this thread