What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (5 Viewers)

24    .    1    cosjobs    -    skip    -    
24    .    2    simey    -    Gregg Allman    -    Live: Back To Macon, GA
24    .    3    rockaction    -    Outkast    -    Stankonia
24    .    4    Mister CIA        permaskip    -    
24    .    5    Bonzai    -    full day today 5/28. Skip me and I'll catch up later.     -    
24    .    6    RedmondLonghorn    -    Big Audio Dynamite    -    No. 10 Upping Street
24    .    7    MAC 32    -    System Of A Down    -    Hypnotize
24    .    8    Dr Octopus    -    Bruce Springsteen    -    The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
24    .    9    Ilov80s    -    Cannonball Adderly    -    Somethin' Else
24    .    10    Hov34    -    10 min clock    -    
24    .    11    rcam    -    Depeche Mode    -    Playing the Angel 
24    .    12    Mr Ected    -    The Connells    -    Ring
24    .    13    Mrs Rannous    -    15 minute clock - skipped    -    
24    .    14    JZilla    -    @ and then skip    -    
24    .    15    landrys hat    -    Masters of Reality    -    Sunrise on the Sufferbus
24    .    16    krista 4    -    skip indefinitely    -    
24    .    17    Raging weasel    -    Rolling Stones    -    Black and Blue
24    .    18    Eephus    -    Pat Metheny    -    Bright Side Life
24    .    19    otb lifer    -    ITC    -    
24    .    20    Binky the Doormat    -    ITC    -    
24    .    21    Buffaloes    -    ITC    -    
24    .    22    Yo Mama    -        -    
24    .    23    mphtrilogy    -        -    
24    .    24    shuke    -    skip    -    
24    .    25    The Dreaded Marco    -        -    
24    .    26    Chaos Commish    -    permaskip    -    
24    .    27    Charlie Steiner    -        -    
24    .    28    Long Ball Larry    -    skip until further notice    -    
24    .    29    Abrantes    -        -    
24    .    30    El Floppo    -    10 minute clock    -    
24    .    31    Steve Tasker    -        -    
24    .    32    Northern Voice    -        -    
24    .    33    Uruk-Hai    -    skip PM 5/28    -    
24    .    34    PIK95    -        -    
24    .    35    wikkidpissah    -        -    
24    .    36    timschochet    -    permaskip    -    
24    .    37    wazoo11    -        -    
24    .    38    zamboni    -    10 min clock    -    
24    .    39    Nigel Tufnel    -    10 min clock    -    
24    .    40    Karma Police    -        -    

24.18 - Bright Size Life - Pat Metheny (1976)

The debut album from the then 21 year old guitarist was a trio date with a pre-meteorologist Jaco Pastorius and drummer Bob Moses. 

Metheny's distinctive picking style was already in evidence.  He and Jaco flit and float together like conjoined dragonflies while Moses lays down mostly cymbals in the background.  Metheny has made a million albums since that have alternated between popularizing and innovating Jazz music but this is the record I always return to.

Missouri Uncompromised

Sirabhorn
Just found this on vinyl a few weeks ago.

Might've been the last thing I bought before everything hit the fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armchair commissioneering here.

With the weekend approaching, it might be time to switch to one or two untimed picks per day.

Rd 24

Dead Presidents Soundtrack - Various Artists (1995)

feels like a straight up Brinks Truck heist hauling all of this funkified, soulful goodness on one platter. 

- one stop shop for dialing up some of the best of that early 70s sound i love so damn much ... i'm back in dad's Caddy -

"If You Want Me To Stay", by Sly & The Family Stone

"I'll Be Around", by The Spinners

"Never Gonna Give You Up", by Jerry Butler

"The Payback", by James Brown

"I Miss You", by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes

"Get Up & Get Down", by The Dramatics

"If There's a Hell Below, We're All Going to Go", by Curtis Mayfield

"Do Right Woman, Do Right Man", by Aretha Franklin

"Where Is The Love", by Jesse Campbell (singer) & Trina

"Love Train" by The O'Jays

"The Look Of Love", by Isaac Hayes

"Dead Presidents Theme" composed and conducted by Danny Elfman

Walk On By - Issac Hayes just like "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone", if i'm gonna sit for this long, groove my ### like none other could. once this starts i never want it to end.

Tired of Being Alone - Al Green bit of a mood shift from my original pick, but Mr. AL takes a backseat to nobody. 

😎

IN. 

Rd 23 

feels like a straight up Brinks Truck heist hauling all of this funkified, soulful goodness on one platter. 

- one stop shop for dialing up some of the best of that early 70s sound i love so damn much ... i'm back in dad's Caddy -

"Tired Of Being Alone", by Al Green

Walk On By - Issac Hayes just like "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone", if i'm gonna sit for this long, groove my ### like none other could. once this starts i never want it to end.

The Payback - James Brown  i've taken this in previous drafts, and will never get tired of how unrelenting the funk is ... my go to song over all else in my collection - gimme. 

😎

IN. 
Damn, that's a killer track list.

Got a different soundtrack here I might've considered if I were leaning that way for this draft, which I've played a zillion times and which also features "The Payback". Killer tune.

Going with a prog masterpiece here. This is the peak (IMO) of Gabriel’s Genesis. Yo Mama selects:

24.22 - Genesis - Selling England by the Pound (1973)

1 - Dancing With the Moonlit Knight

2 - I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)

3 - Firth of Fifth

4 - More Fool Me

5 - The Battle of Epping Forest

7 - After the Ordeal

8 - The Cinema Show

9 - Aisle of Plenty

For my songs, I’m only choosing one of the longer songs (Firth), but I need that one on the playlist due to Hackett’s and Banks’ mastery throughout the song. 

Firth of Fifth

I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)

Armchair commissioneering here.

With the weekend approaching, it might be time to switch to one or two untimed picks per day.
Not sure how I feel about that method. We did it this way with the Cos drafts and it didn’t spark much conversation. Probably because there was less of a chance at being sniped if you timed your picks well.

But whatever NV and the masses want is cool.

Not sure how I feel about that method. We did it this way with the Cos drafts and it didn’t spark much conversation. Probably because there was less of a chance at being sniped if you timed your picks well.

I agree.

I hate that format and agree it kills conversation. (Some, not all) people will check in, make their pick, then check back in and like some posts and make another pick 8 hours later. Maybe it still flows ok with 40 people?

With so many auto skips and short clocks it might end up be forced on me though. I am brainstorming alternatives.

Going with a prog masterpiece here. This is the peak (IMO) of Gabriel’s Genesis. Yo Mama selects:

24.22 - Genesis - Selling England by the Pound (1973)

1 - Dancing With the Moonlit Knight

2 - I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)

3 - Firth of Fifth

4 - More Fool Me

5 - The Battle of Epping Forest

7 - After the Ordeal

8 - The Cinema Show

9 - Aisle of Plenty

For my songs, I’m only choosing one of the longer songs (Firth), but I need that one on the playlist due to Hackett’s and Banks’ mastery throughout the song. 

Firth of Fifth

I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
DAYUM! dayumdayumdayumdayumDAYUM!!!!!

ETA: and not even taking Epping Forest for when i smuggle Spotify onto my isalnd.....YO MAMA!

Going to grab one from my all time favorite artsts, a mesmerizing guitarist and live performer, I've seen him in concert about a dozen times.  I took an all time favorite from his earlier days when he was married and working with Linda... but he has had and amazing solo career as well and is still putting out top work imho... 

rd 24 - Richard Thompson - Rumor and Sigh - 1991

• read about love
  • 1952 vincent black lightning

Rd 23 

"Tired Of Being Alone", by Al Green

The Payback - James Brown  i've taken this in previous drafts, and will never get tired of how unrelenting the funk is ... my go to song over all else in my collection - gimme. 

😎

IN. 
Love this...wasn't aware of the soundtrack and pretty killer top to bottom.

Which is good- because I already drafted The Payback.

Good Lord! Miss a day and now I'm six picks behind.  I was gonna pass tonight because the people I work with have put me in an irksome mood (let's call them matadors, to put it nicely).  Hope I don't pick too many bitter songs tonight.  Maybe if I post this one song I'll feel better.

I'll be perusing and pondering.

Are you going for the summer, or full time? We go to next door Ocean Grove all the time..and love that the gays found and reinvigorated Asbury (as well as Ocean Grove...the reason we first started going). Party on the boardwalk!
Full time. My 17 year marriage ended last August but been living with her up until now. I closed on a condo 2 blocks from the Beach about a month and a half ago and have been moving stuff in slowly and ordering furniture to be delivered. 

I’ve had an investment house down there with two friends for the last 15 years also that’s literally and figuratively on the wrong side of the tracks so I’ve seen the beachfront area take off. Boardwalk area is great. I love it there now.

I wanted to live there for the Beach and all the live music (unfortunately that part may not start back up for a while). Stone Pony, Wonder Bar, The Saint, Asbury Lanes, House of Indpenants and the Paramount are some of the places with all year live music.

Users who are viewing this thread