What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (7 Viewers)

I feel like drafting rap here is like drafting a kicker. I have a couple more sleeper albums that *might* be on a drafter's radar that aren't rap and there are a bunch of serviceable rap albums but they are mostly interchangeable and not in high demand. Do I go with the old school gangster rap? The newer mumbling stuff that I have to look up the lyrics? 80s sampling phase? There are so many choices. I am going to start with nostalgia I suppose. This is the first album that I know if my mom found out I had I would get physically beaten (along with NWA). It was well hidden and only came out late at night - or at friend's houses who had oblivious (the best kind) parents. 

Definitely NSFW - or family friendly Spotify mixes - so no need add it to the Spotify list.

Round 33) Eazy-Duz-It - Eazy-E (1988)

Boyz-N-The-Hood

Eazy-Duz-It
This was my favorite record in 9th grade.  I would have taken it, but avoiding curse records this draft.  Great pick.

I think it was rcam picked a band covering themselves with an orchestra (getting classical vibes with something fresh). I wish more bands would do this. I love love the results.This was a discovery of the same. I will wear it out. Sounded fantastic on the long drive. Easily my favorite thing they've done. 

Pet Shop Boys - Concrete 2006

Nothing Has Been Proved (love the songwriting)

It's a Sin (shallow track, but really works in this format)

The Decembrists - We All Raise Our Voices 2012

Indie folk rock featruring over 50 musicians through the years. This live album has a bit of punk feel to it. Really enjoying it. Going live was a good move for me.

The Rake's Song

Oceanside

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you’re over-thinking things when you’re this deep into the draft and you spend more than 5 seconds thinking about which of the next 2 to take first. I did. So I smacked myself in the face, stopped, and just picked the one I found myself chair dancing to more. Much like the next one, this is my favorite offering from an artist I want on my island and would have prioritized sooner if this were greatest hits.

Round 33 - Bob Seger, Live Bullet (1975)

I get this artist elicits some strong reactions, ones I don’t particularly understand, I am rather surprised he is completely unrepresented this deep into this thing. There may not be any Night Moves (oh noes! spoiler!), but he’s better live than in the studio so I’ll deal with the trade-off.

Turn the Page

Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

30.30... Simple Minds- New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84) (1982)

Big Sleep

New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)

they had a nice run before and immediately after this, netting them some global success with their single and album following breakfast club (hated the album, and their tour to support it). it somehow avoided my attention that this was a christian anthemic album... in spite of the song titles and a giant cross on the cover. so I'm covered on my island just in case.

You know you’re over-thinking things when you’re this deep into the draft and you spend more than 5 seconds thinking about which of the next 2 to take first. I did. So I smacked myself in the face, stopped, and just picked the one I found myself chair dancing to more. Much like the next one, this is my favorite offering from an artist I want on my island and would have prioritized sooner if this were greatest hits.

Round 33 - Bob Seger, Live Bullet (1975)

I get this artist elicits some strong reactions, ones I don’t particularly understand, I am rather surprised he is completely unrepresented this deep into this thing. There may not be any Night Moves (oh noes! spoiler!), but he’s better live than in the studio so I’ll deal with the trade-off.

Turn the Page

Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
That was my next pick! Figured this was safe as I've rarely seen him taken in these drafts. Plus I'm a Detroiter and grew up listening to him - he's like the Bruce of Detroit.

Skip me until I can catch dinner and get the write-ups done. simey can go ahead again, as can others. I'm not worried about sniping. 

Users who are viewing this thread