Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

Between Notre Dame and Dabo today Jesus has to really be rethinking his corporate sponsorships......

1 minute ago, Tom Servo said:

Did a female UT fan flip off the camera?

1 minute ago, WDIK2 said:

Did you see the TX girl flip the big bird?  :lmao: 

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Love the girl with the middle finger.

@MoeKhan19: In a nutshell, I think these Longhorns fans summed up Texas’s season.

#TexasVsOU #RedRiverShowdown #Sooners #Longhorns https://twitter.com/MoeKhan19/status/1315031983089766402/photo/1

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
27 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@MoeKhan19: In a nutshell, I think these Longhorns fans summed up Texas’s season.

#TexasVsOU #RedRiverShowdown #Sooners #Longhorns https://twitter.com/MoeKhan19/status/1315031983089766402/photo/1

24 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

It's already picking up some solid traction.

22 minutes ago, Marmalade said:

I love her.  :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I mean, that whole sequence was completely botched by the refs.

The "spike" was clearly a backwards pass and should have been a fumble.

BOTCH #1: not recognizing that the spike was a lateral

BOTCH #2: blowing the play dead when the ball should have been live

BOTCH #3: throwing a flag for intentional grounding

BOTCH #4: the 10-second runoff (not necessarily the ref's fault -- did they give Arkansas the opportunity to decline the penalty? If so, then blame their coach)

Edited by Joe Summer
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Jayded said:

Those of you who still play fantasy football should remember the name Michael Mayer in a few years. He’s just a freshman but already looks the real deal. 

I'll remember him every year on Halloween. 

Edited by psychobillies
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I don’t get the botched punt by Miami being a touchback. He touched the ball at about the 1 or 2 yard line and then in trying to get the ball kicked it out of the end zone. Why wouldn’t it go back to where they first touched the ball. I get it not being a safety because it was technically Clemson ball to start the down. It’s just weird to think that they benefited by kicking it out since he didn’t catch it clean way back from the 20.

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t get the botched punt by Miami being a touchback. He touched the ball at about the 1 or 2 yard line and then in trying to get the ball kicked it out of the end zone. Why wouldn’t it go back to where they first touched the ball. I get it not being a safety because it was technically Clemson ball to start the down. It’s just weird to think that they benefited by kicking it out since he didn’t catch it clean way back from the 20.

I agree, weird rule. Also, Miami QB is seeing ghosts. Also, also, Bama’s defense is terrible. 

Edited by Man In The Box
8 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

I agree, weird rule. Also, Miami QB is seeing ghosts. Also, also, Bama’s defense is terrible. 

Yeah, I kind of get the not safety but the hey you muffed the catch at the 1 so we’ll give it to you at the 20 threw me. Didn’t matter, just odd that the touch by the returner didn’t matter.

8 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

5 minutes ago, Marmalade said:

SEC  defense?

3 minutes ago, gump said:

This is the worst defensive performance in the Saban era...

Defense doesn't seem to be a thing anywhere so far this year. 

7 minutes ago, gump said:

This is the worst defensive performance in the Saban era...

During the Florida game earlier today they mentioned that the lack of a real offseason was much harder on defenses than offenses.  I wonder how true that is because EVERYONE's defense looks awful right now.  Everyone is upset that their team is playing the worst defense in years.  Alabama, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Auburn, etc.

Watching the Florida game today it felt like the worst defense ever and I was shocked to see it had the LOWEST score of all the major games going on at the time.  UNC/VT, LSU/MIZ, and RRR were just as bad if not worse.  Now Bama/Ole Miss and FSU/ND are probably both going to break 80 pts as well.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 2
  • Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.