What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (2 Viewers)

:lmao: football players.

Why is that guy trying to make a juggling catch with his knees on the ground 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage? 

I mean, that whole sequence was completely botched by the refs.

The "spike" was clearly a backwards pass and should have been a fumble.

BOTCH #1: not recognizing that the spike was a lateral

BOTCH #2: blowing the play dead when the ball should have been live

BOTCH #3: throwing a flag for intentional grounding

BOTCH #4: the 10-second runoff (not necessarily the ref's fault -- did they give Arkansas the opportunity to decline the penalty? If so, then blame their coach)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of you who still play fantasy football should remember the name Michael Mayer in a few years. He’s just a freshman but already looks the real deal. 

Late slide.  Garbage call.  Slide should be a 5 yard penalty so people ACTUALLY use it to give themselves up and stop pulling this crap where they sprint for a 1st down and the slide at a defender's feet.

Pitt's kicker hit a 58-yarder to force overtime, then missed the XP to give Boston College the win.

(And no ... "Blewitt" isn't there any more. :sadbanana: )

Last year the Bama D was the worst under Saban...healthier and more experienced this year but not looking better. It’s such a complicated system...DC Golding is struggling.

I really don't mind seeing both OU and Texas with 2 losses this time of year.  ;)

Okie State the playoff rep this year?  :oldunsure:

I don’t get the botched punt by Miami being a touchback. He touched the ball at about the 1 or 2 yard line and then in trying to get the ball kicked it out of the end zone. Why wouldn’t it go back to where they first touched the ball. I get it not being a safety because it was technically Clemson ball to start the down. It’s just weird to think that they benefited by kicking it out since he didn’t catch it clean way back from the 20.

I don’t get the botched punt by Miami being a touchback. He touched the ball at about the 1 or 2 yard line and then in trying to get the ball kicked it out of the end zone. Why wouldn’t it go back to where they first touched the ball. I get it not being a safety because it was technically Clemson ball to start the down. It’s just weird to think that they benefited by kicking it out since he didn’t catch it clean way back from the 20.
I agree, weird rule. Also, Miami QB is seeing ghosts. Also, also, Bama’s defense is terrible. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, weird rule. Also, Miami QB is seeing ghosts. Also, also, Bama’s defense is terrible. 
Yeah, I kind of get the not safety but the hey you muffed the catch at the 1 so we’ll give it to you at the 20 threw me. Didn’t matter, just odd that the touch by the returner didn’t matter.

Users who are viewing this thread