What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (2 Viewers)

Games are really light this week. Big12 has only one game on the calendar and it includes Kansas.

There is just one game between two ranked teams (Georgia Alabama)

North Carolina v. Florida State has probably the most interest???? after that one????  I'm trying hard to find another more interesting game, send help.

Games are really light this week. Big12 has only one game on the calendar and it includes Kansas.

There is just one game between two ranked teams (Georgia Alabama)

North Carolina v. Florida State has probably the most interest???? after that one????  I'm trying hard to find another more interesting game, send help.
Kentucky- Tenn, Auburn- SC, TAMU-MissSt are all one score spreads. Problem is pickings are extremely slim at night.

I'm particularly interested to see if TAMU coming off big win can go on the road and avoid laying an egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/chrisbreece/status/1317205740818472960?s=21
Following up on Alabama’s statement on Nick Saban’s Thursday negative test- I’m told Saban’s test today (Friday) was also negative. If tomorrow morning’s test is negative he’ll be cleared to coach, per the given protocol.
Did he originally have a false positive?  I guess maybe I don't understand how the virus works.  How do you go from first having it to not having it after a few days?  I assume he was being tested often?  Did he have it earlier and they weren't aware?  :shrug:  

Of course, there is always dark magic.  :oldunsure:   

Are oatmeal cream pies the cure?

Did he originally have a false positive?  I guess maybe I don't understand how the virus works.  How do you go from first having it to not having it after a few days?  I assume he was being tested often?  Did he have it earlier and they weren't aware?  :shrug:  
A big advantage of having more money than almost all other programs is they can use it to be more thorough with this.  They've tested all players and staff everyday since this summer.

They test everyday, and there have 100% negatives from all players and staff since Wed. They will pass the protocol laid out in advance if another round of 100% negatives comes this morning.
He tested positive 3 days ago. This is why people look down on the south. The very idea that he would be standing on a sideline full of people is lunacy. 

A big advantage of having more money than almost all other programs is they can use it to be more thorough with this.  They've tested all players and staff everyday since this summer.
Most P5 schools are going to have this advantage.

Southern Miss, OTOH...

Right, I get that.  That's why I was wondering if he had a false positive.  If you're tested daily and suddenly test positive, I didn't think you would test negative a few days later.  :shrug:   

Right, I get that.  That's why I was wondering if he had a false positive.  If you're tested weekly (or a couple times a week) and test positive, I didn't think you would test negative a few days later.  :shrug:   
I’m not sure...haven’t seen an explanation yet, but I believe the medical staff confirmed it wasn’t a false positive.

I was wrong...it looks like it’s now being labeled a False Positive:

Statement from team physician Jimmy Robinson:

“Upon evaluation today, Coach Saban remains completely asymptomatic. To address the potential for a false positive, the SEC Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force Protocol allows for follow-up testing to clear the individual’s return to activity. That protocol requires three negative PCR tests 24 hours apart.

Kentucky with 2 pick-6s.  The Vols fans in attendance are getting restless.  

ETA:  So they bring in the backup QB and he throws an int.  They didn't return it for a TD, so I guess that's an improvement.  :oldunsure:  

Breaking: Alabama coach Nick Saban has been cleared to coach in tonight's game against Georgia following a third negative COVID-19 test Saturday, the school announced.

Users who are viewing this thread