What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (4 Viewers)

Who's PlanB?
Nobody.  He's gonna finish 8-3 with a bowl win ranked like 12-15 owed 40mil.   He stays.  Texas has a new qb coming in that you pin everything on and go from there.   This was the year though.  They graduate a lot of studs.  I'm too lazy to confirm  but they start the bama home and home soon based on my ####ty memory

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody.  He's gonna finish 8-3 with a bowl win ranked like 12-15 owed 40mil.   He stays.  Texas has a new qb coming in that you pin everything on and go from there.   This was the year though.  They graduate a lot of studs.  I'm too lazy to confirm  but they start the bama home and home soon based on my ####ty memory
Yea, expectations are out of whack at a lot of these places. I get wanting more after 4 years but a coach also should get more than one recruiting cycle unless he is noticeably terrible. I don’t follow Texas football but I don’t get that impression. These things take time to get going. 

So do you just pretend nothing happened and hope the recruits don't notice or does he get an extension and a raise to prove he's your guy?

Yea, expectations are out of whack at a lot of these places. I get wanting more after 4 years but a coach also should get more than one recruiting cycle unless he is noticeably terrible. I don’t follow Texas football but I don’t get that impression. These things take time to get going. 
It's way worse than you would think.

10 of 11 starters are RS So or above and 10 of 11 D. The 2 deep has only 4 and 5 freshman or RS So.  Their team as of today SUCKS.  And it will suck.  And is so clogged that they won't be able to get some giant 35 person class that makes an impact until 2023.  The cupboard has never been so bare, and the future has never been as bleak.  

He was hired in 2016, these are HIS guys now.  Exclusively.  They return zero upper classmen going into next year.  And his guys are already the foundation of the 2-deep that remain and have seen playing time.  This isn't some bad scheme, or bad development. They simply suck and will suck for the foreseeable future..  

culdeus said:
It's way worse than you would think.

10 of 11 starters are RS So or above and 10 of 11 D. The 2 deep has only 4 and 5 freshman or RS So.  Their team as of today SUCKS.  And it will suck.  And is so clogged that they won't be able to get some giant 35 person class that makes an impact until 2023.  The cupboard has never been so bare, and the future has never been as bleak.  

He was hired in 2016, these are HIS guys now.  Exclusively.  They return zero upper classmen going into next year.  And his guys are already the foundation of the 2-deep that remain and have seen playing time.  This isn't some bad scheme, or bad development. They simply suck and will suck for the foreseeable future..  
So other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Linclon?

@SEC: NEWS | The Ole Miss at Texas A&M FB game of Dec. 12 is postponed due to positive tests, contact tracing & quarantine of individuals within Ole Miss FB program. Rescheduling contingent on any cancellation of Dec. 19 games due to COVID, otherwise game will not be played.

@BZSEC: There is still time to schedule Texas A&M vs. Coastal Carolina for Saturday.

Is it possible Big Ed is heading down the Gene Chizik path? Once in a lifetime QB brings him a title and it’s curtains after that?

Is it possible Big Ed is heading down the Gene Chizik path? Once in a lifetime QB brings him a title and it’s curtains after that?
It's possible.  They are dealing with ridiculous levels of attrition that I don't think anyone could deal with, but the HC is in charge of that.  I think they are in the low 50's as far as scholarship players go.   There is so much NFL caliber talent that walked away from the program this year, and I'm not talking about the guys that got drafted.  I'm talking about underclassmen that just left.  Something is clearly going on that we don't know about. 

Georgia Tech is close to home.  Just kidding he's gotta be headed to UGA or Clemson, right?
Seems like Georgia at the moment, but he may just be opting out and may return next season.  At least that is the spin Orgeron is trying to put on it.  They say he's just homesick.   No life outside of football and a losing season so he just had his mom come pick him up.  2 weeks left and he just quit.  

so what happens with OSU now?
bet OSU will go to the B1G title game after the B1G makes some rules changes to make it happen. Too much $$ at stake.

Amazing, even an infectious disease prevention "pioneer" like Jim Harbaugh can't stop this.

Detroit Free Press Headline, "Michigan finally ends losing streak vs Ohio State!"

:lol:

Time to fire up that 2021 'crootin thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
In what way? If they don’t play again, 1 game, etc?
I said that OSU will watch the CFP with the rest of the country.  You indicated that was the least likely scenario.  If they can't play in the Big10 championship game because they are under the threshold of games, how are they going to make the playoffs?  Or are you suggesting that they Big10 will do away with that threshold and install OSU into the championship game where a win against a punchless opponent get them into the CFP?  

What good are rules if we don't abide by them?

I heard yesterday (ESPN) that if this game is canceled OSU can play another team (in conference) that has an open date or doesn't have a game this weekend due to covid issues with the opponent.  Even if they have already played this year.  Also this has to happen by Wednesday this week (or something to that effect) for it to work.  Seems there was a rule to allow this in preseason discussions.  

Either way, there is no way they won't allow OSU to play in the conference title game.  No way, no how. 

And the CFP committee will still take them in the playoff because they'd rather have the potential of a good playoff game than have Alabama crush Cincy or whoever else they allow in the brackets in OSU's stead.  Assuming the other teams win out of course. 

I said that OSU will watch the CFP with the rest of the country.  You indicated that was the least likely scenario.  If they can't play in the Big10 championship game because they are under the threshold of games, how are they going to make the playoffs?  Or are you suggesting that they Big10 will do away with that threshold and install OSU into the championship game where a win against a punchless opponent get them into the CFP?  

I believe they will skirt the rules and put them in the title game for sure. As they should. 

I so want to draw a parallel to this. But I'd probably be given a TO.

If Michigan was wanting to screw OSU they should have waited until Sat morning to cancel.  OSU will play someone Saturday.  BYU would play them I bet.  If they have to keep it in conference maybe they can talk Mich State into another beat down.  

If Michigan was wanting to screw OSU they should have waited until Sat morning to cancel.  OSU will play someone Saturday.  BYU would play them I bet.  If they have to keep it in conference maybe they can talk Mich State into another beat down.  
Where are they going to play them?   They just had to drive their equipment 40 non-stop hours from Provo to Mulletsville, South Carolina to play on Saturday.  Seems like a tall order to just ask BYU to 'show up' and play.  What a logistics nightmare.

Where are they going to play them?   They just had to drive their equipment 40 non-stop hours from Provo to Mulletsville, South Carolina to play on Saturday.  Seems like a tall order to just ask BYU to 'show up' and play.  What a logistics nightmare.
Have gun will travel.  Maybe they'd pass since they lost in Mulletsville, but this would give them a chance to redeem themselves.  But yeah, logistics nightmare.

They can't go out of conference because of *ahem* rules.  As others have said, there is a potential of playing another conference team if their game is also cancelled by tomorrow.

Sounds like Minnesota is on some shaky ground to play or not, but a Nebraska v OSU rematch would count against the Buckeyes.

They can't go out of conference because of *ahem* rules.  As others have said, there is a potential of playing another conference team if their game is also cancelled by tomorrow.

Sounds like Minnesota is on some shaky ground to play or not, but a Nebraska v OSU rematch would count against the Buckeyes.
Rules are made to be broken and if they have to they'll get the pitchforks out again for the Big10 commish's house to get this team where it needs to be.  But honestly, I think they'll be in the playoffs regardless if they play another season game or not. 

The only teams in the conference I'd want to see in a rematch is IU or PSU.  

Users who are viewing this thread