What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (5 Viewers)

Notre Dame does not belong in this game. Their win over Clemson comes with a huge * as obviously Trevor was out as were several defensive players for Clemson. Their loss in the rematch is a much more accurate indicator of their talent. 

Notre Dame does not belong in this game. Their win over Clemson comes with a huge * as obviously Trevor was out as were several defensive players for Clemson. Their loss in the rematch is a much more accurate indicator of their talent. 
Who are you putting in when there are three elite teams and ND beat one of them.  That backup qb at Clemson is starting at the majority of schools this year.  I'm a ND fan and realize they will get crushed.

Who are you putting in when there are three elite teams and ND beat one of them.  That backup qb at Clemson is starting at the majority of schools this year.  I'm a ND fan and realize they will get crushed.
If you’re counting Notre Dame’s win over Clemson as a legit victory over a top three team, have at it. 

This game's gonna be over by the end of this quarter :mellow:  

2020 sucked....this is the third football game I've watched this season :kicksrock:  

Clark Lea’s audition for how he’ll play defense as Vandy’s coach in the SEC isn’t going so well. 

They look like this every time they play an elite team, its the type of linebackers and DB's they recruit.  
I generally agree but the ND defensive line is getting abused. Bama could honestly score every drive by handing off continuously and not using their great weapons at WR.

Well, they were top three all year, no matter who was the QB.  They did score 40 without lawrence, not exactly the Jets.
So Notre Dame and their vaunted defense gave up 40 points against a team with their back up quarterback. People don’t talk about it, but it hurt Clemson more that they were missing several defensive starters. And it did take overtime for Notre Dame to beat them. Like I said, the game a couple weeks ago was a lot better if indication of where the teams are.

and its not necessarily a large sample size.  there's only like a handful of elite teams in football.    
True - they can handle big strongmen, and fast linemen.  When teams have NFL big AND fast linemen, its a problem.  They go into that shell of trying to shorten the game, when they should try to score TD's.  You will never beat Bama holding them down with a slow D, so you better get a mindset of needing to score 35+.

So Notre Dame and their vaunted defense gave up 40 points against a team with their back up quarterback. People don’t talk about it, but it hurt Clemson more that they were missing several defensive starters. And it did take overtime for Notre Dame to beat them. Like I said, the game a couple weeks ago was a lot better if indication of where the teams are.
They should have lost to Clemson in South Bend, the RB made a ####### play at the end of the game for Clemson.  Now Ohio St has the type of athletes that can beat Clemson and Bama.  Will they?  doubtful.  No one else does.

That's you're only reason?

I think them being in there is just fine. Who are you putting in over them?

Users who are viewing this thread