What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AR 15 buying recommendation (1 Viewer)

Ben & Jerry's

Footballguy
1st AR purchase. 16" rifle style

Looking at Smith & Wesson M&P Sport 2 and Ruger AR .556. 

All the low prices are OOS and I'm ok with paying current prices to get it while there is "still time" 😉

Budget is $1200 for rifle and a red dot optic

If you don't mind some assembly required, Palmetto State Armory has complete uppers in stock, even have some with the lower build kit.  Just need to procure a striped lower from you LGS and you will have what you need.  PSA has complete lowers as well they can ship to your LGS.  Prices are a bit inflated relative to pre-covid days but can still get a complete rifle for around $8-900.  

I have built a handful of PSA rifles over the years and they have always been reliable and accurate.  

If you have access to a drill press, 80% lowers can still be shipped directly to you without registration.

it's been a few years since I was out shooting these type of sport rifles, but shooting the AK and AR back to back, I surprised that I liked the china AK better then the US made AR style. 

Yes. That thread you will get the help you seek. I'm not a fan of the S&W or Ruger platforms you're talking about.. but if you must go off the shelf you could do worse. 

If you don't mind some assembly required, Palmetto State Armory has complete uppers in stock, even have some with the lower build kit.  Just need to procure a striped lower from you LGS and you will have what you need.  PSA has complete lowers as well they can ship to your LGS.  Prices are a bit inflated relative to pre-covid days but can still get a complete rifle for around $8-900.  

I have built a handful of PSA rifles over the years and they have always been reliable and accurate.  
PSA does what they do.. bring affordable stuff to market. Their quality control is sketchy at best and there are entire FB groups dedicated to photos of their guns/parts failing.. often in spectacular fashion. Glad you've had good luck though! 

How has [icon] not made an appearance in this thread? I would have thought it would have been like catnip.
Date night with the lass last night. :)  

it's been a few years since I was out shooting these type of sport rifles, but shooting the AK and AR back to back, I surprised that I liked the china AK better then the US made AR style. 
Own both, I feel the opposite. 

I recommend you don't buy an assault rifle.
That's good because he's not trying to buy an assault rifle. Hes trying to buy a Semi-Automatic sporting rifle on the Armalite platform. 

Users who are viewing this thread