What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

Exactly. A non-owner probably thinks an overpay would be a first and a high end WR2. When reality is that's maybe halfway there. 
Yes, an over pay for AJB would be 2 firsts. I'm not sure anyone is willing to pay that (and at least one would have to be high) 

I was offered 2.1 for him. Easy pass. Even if it were a pick like 1.3... why chance on a rookie thats likely a 50/50 hit rate for a wr who just hit as a rookie as a wr2? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed when the guy in front of me took Montgomery over Brown.  Of course I did the same damn thing in another league in order to minimize bust risk :(

IMO about where Godwin and Kupp ranked. Both had a lot of bye, more for Godwin. 

I think AJB can be a borderline wr1 next year with Walker presumably moving on
He can't be until he learns (and Tannehill and the Titans) to produce consistently against top corners. I'd make him the best #2 in the league for FF

His concerns come from Tannehill or Mariota or whatever QB they decide to bring in, not from what he's done as a player.  There is a little worry to his value because of that.  Tannehill was not this good in Miami, has he turned a corner with a new staff putting him in good situations or not?  That's the real question, AJ Brown will be and IS a top10 WR in the league, but will he be stuck on an offense that gets stuck in the mud because his QB can't give him the ball consistently.  

I drafted him in every dynasty league I could. He went right before my pick in 3 leagues, but was lucky and got him at 1.12 in one league, 1.6, 1.7, 1.6, and 1.7 in my other leagues. In every single league I got him at 1.6 or 1.7, I took him before Deebo, and remember early on wondering if I did the right thing...granted Deebo has a bright future too, but I think I'd take Brown at 1.1 if the rookie draft was held today. Yes, even before Jacobs (he didn't get nearly the touches in the passing game I had hoped he'd get) I think he proved his talent will rise above situation/QB. Just a beast. 

Overpaid for him before the season started, turned out to be my favorite move. Such a fun player to root for, just hope the offense continues to give him chances to succeed.
You would think when the Titans review tape from this season, he will leap out to all of them. He was their most explosive player and as far as I've heard, just a great kid on and off the field. I think he's going to be the face of the franchise next year. I just hope Tannehill can keep it up, I'm actually cheering for him to do so. He should definitely win NFL comeback player of the year. 

You would think when the Titans review tape from this season, he will leap out to all of them. He was their most explosive player and as far as I've heard, just a great kid on and off the field. I think he's going to be the face of the franchise next year. I just hope Tannehill can keep it up, I'm actually cheering for him to do so. He should definitely win NFL comeback player of the year. 
Yeah I hope so. I hope they get into the playoffs next week. Tenn at KC could be a really good game in the wildcard round. I can't think of other comeback of the year candidates but Tannehill sure has played well. 

Brown just smokes the coverage on a crossing route where he turns up field and scores.

No idea where this game thread is.

Im sure you all will see the play on sports center and whatnot.

own him in 5 of my 10 dynasty leagues. Couldn't be happier. And if not for 3 buttholes in my leagues who picked him RIGHT before my pick, I would have had him in 8 of 10 leagues ;)

And I think the Titans could beat the Patriots for sure. 

own him in 5 of my 10 dynasty leagues. Couldn't be happier. And if not for 3 buttholes in my leagues who picked him RIGHT before my pick, I would have had him in 8 of 10 leagues ;)

And I think the Titans could beat the Patriots for sure. 
I guess that makes you the butthole in 5 of your dynasty league then 😁

I'm kicking myself.  

Tons of people said value talent over situation.  I loved this kid coming out of college.  But wouldn't rank him highly on rookie boards due to the craptastic QB situation.  And as many said, the QB situation worked itself out.  

Will definitely be a redraft target next year.

Russell Clay‏ @RussellJClay

#Titans WR A.J. Brown is the first player In NFL history to have 1,000+ receiving yards on less than 90 targets. Brown accumulated 1051 receiving yards on just 84 targets. 9 players have done it on less than 100, but none lower than 94. Spectacular.

5:22 PM - 29 Dec 2019

------------------------------------

He did it as a rookie.  

Russell Clay‏ @RussellJClay

#Titans WR A.J. Brown is the first player In NFL history to have 1,000+ receiving yards on less than 90 targets. Brown accumulated 1051 receiving yards on just 84 targets. 9 players have done it on less than 100, but none lower than 94. Spectacular.

5:22 PM - 29 Dec 2019

------------------------------------

He did it as a rookie.  
So good. Now that history has been made though let’s get him double those targets next year!

Yes, an over pay for AJB would be 2 firsts. I'm not sure anyone is willing to pay that (and at least one would have to be high) 

I was offered 2.1 for him. Easy pass. Even if it were a pick like 1.3... why chance on a rookie thats likely a 50/50 hit rate for a wr who just hit as a rookie as a wr2? 
I’m contemplating offering my 1.09 and Keenan Allen to land 1.02 to get him.  Or take him with 1.01 that I just traded for and take one of the rookie QBs at 1.09.  It’s a 10-team dynasty, keep 14 league. 

I’m high on him and also believe that top draft picks are better spent on “proven” players than those that haven’t played at all. There are exceptions, of course. 

I’m contemplating offering my 1.09 and Keenan Allen to land 1.02 to get him.  Or take him with 1.01 that I just traded for and take one of the rookie QBs at 1.09.  It’s a 10-team dynasty, keep 14 league. 

I’m high on him and also believe that top draft picks are better spent on “proven” players than those that haven’t played at all. There are exceptions, of course. 

Why would you be drafting AJ Brown with a 2020 rookie pick? 

He was originally, then the poor ******* dropped him just before waivers closed. 
Some one dropped AJ Brown in a dynasty league? He couldn’t find anyone to give him even a second round or heck even a third round pick? 

And if your league is happy with the way the rules are that’s fine, but I can’t wrap my mind around closing waivers before week 10 in a dynasty league either. Seems bad for playoff and non-playoff contenders alike.

Some one dropped AJ Brown in a dynasty league? He couldn’t find anyone to give him even a second round or heck even a third round pick? 

And if your league is happy with the way the rules are that’s fine, but I can’t wrap my mind around closing waivers before week 10 in a dynasty league either. Seems bad for playoff and non-playoff contenders alike.
We honestly prefer closing waivers Week 10 largely because we keep 14 players apiece and it allows for late bloomers to be added to the draft.  Plus, we don’t want playoff-bound teams making matchup based decisions on the waivers and winning the league because you can effectively use the wire as opposed to effectively building a dynasty team.  Him and Devante Parker are on our wire and will be added value to the draft.

Does anyone have any input for strengths/weaknesses of Brown that were able to watch him in game action?  

We honestly prefer closing waivers Week 10 largely because we keep 14 players apiece and it allows for late bloomers to be added to the draft.  Plus, we don’t want playoff-bound teams making matchup based decisions on the waivers and winning the league because you can effectively use the wire as opposed to effectively building a dynasty team.  Him and Devante Parker are on our wire and will be added value to the draft.

Does anyone have any input for strengths/weaknesses of Brown that were able to watch him in game action?  
He's a ####### beast. I'd easily move 1.09 and Allen to get him if that is in the cards. I may have missed it but why are you so sure the 1.01 wouldn't take him? Because the top rookie back would be a lock for 1.01? Ok I can probably see that.

He's a ####### beast. I'd easily move 1.09 and Allen to get him if that is in the cards. I may have missed it but why are you so sure the 1.01 wouldn't take him? Because the top rookie back would be a lock for 1.01? Ok I can probably see that.
I feel like I've hijacked this thread from the AJ Brown discussion so apologies for that, but to answer your question it's because I just traded to get the first overall pick so I already own the 1.01 and my original 1.09. 

I would like to land both AJ Brown and a rookie QB (preferably Burrows).  I feel like I could pull off a trade for the 1.02 by sending my 1.09 and Allen for it.  That would lock up both players but I'd lose a proven player (Allen) for a questionable rookie (Burrows).  Or I could just stay put and draft AJ Brown at 1.01 (keeping Allen) and possibly land one of the three rookie QBs at 1.09.  Barring what comes of the medical analysis of Tua - I could easily see landing him at 1.09.  Heck, MAYBE even Herbert.  The second option seems most logical and carries the most bang for my buck so I'm heavily leaving towards this approach.

Sorry again for my specific fantasy situation talk.  I'm typically the one that is annoyed when people discuss their own on message boards (like anyone really cares).  I just think I'm on a trade high for landing the first overall for David Carr, Zach Ertz (I have Waller as my backup), and my 2nd round pick yesterday.

Back to AJ Brown!

Even though I own him in 3 leagues I tried like hell to trade for him earlier this year in several others before he blew up, but failed :(   Man, has Tannehill turned it around or what.  I must admit I didn't see that coming.  I was like others in thinking that Brown landed in a suck spot, but we sure were wrong about that.

Even though I own him in 3 leagues I tried like hell to trade for him earlier this year in several others before he blew up, but failed :(   Man, has Tannehill turned it around or what.  I must admit I didn't see that coming.  I was like others in thinking that Brown landed in a suck spot, but we sure were wrong about that.
I held onto Corey Davis for three years as I resorted to blaming his inexperience and the quarterback for why he didn't blossom.  With AJ Brown it's easy for me to call Davis a likely bust and move on from him.

Brown put up some eye popping stats the second half of the year.  I'm more inclined to gauge his likely 2020 success on the second half rather than the first half.

If his receptions are prorated to 85 and he maintains a 20.2 ypr average (unlikely) then he would have 1717 yards and 13 touchdowns, besting Michael Thomas of this year.  More realistically is lowering his ypr to the top 10 WR average of 14 (I'm thinking modest) and he would end up with 1190 yards, mimicking Amari Cooper's year.  I would like to think it would be the median of these two extremes, vaulting him to Chris Godwin status - numerically speaking.

I do have concerns though.  What will the QB situation look like?  Did Brown get a good chunk of his yards in garbage time (I didn't see any of the games)?

I held onto Corey Davis for three years as I resorted to blaming his inexperience and the quarterback for why he didn't blossom.  With AJ Brown it's easy for me to call Davis a likely bust and move on from him.

Brown put up some eye popping stats the second half of the year.  I'm more inclined to gauge his likely 2020 success on the second half rather than the first half.

If his receptions are prorated to 85 and he maintains a 20.2 ypr average (unlikely) then he would have 1717 yards and 13 touchdowns, besting Michael Thomas of this year.  More realistically is lowering his ypr to the top 10 WR average of 14 (I'm thinking modest) and he would end up with 1190 yards, mimicking Amari Cooper's year.  I would like to think it would be the median of these two extremes, vaulting him to Chris Godwin status - numerically speaking.

I do have concerns though.  What will the QB situation look like?  Did Brown get a good chunk of his yards in garbage time (I didn't see any of the games)?
I wouldn't give up on Davis just yet.  Perhaps the presence of Brown will help him in the future.  Even with the emergence of Tannehill, I am still leery of their offense going forward, but there is only so much you can worry about.  At some point you have to draw the line and just go on what you know, not what you think will happen.

I feel like I've hijacked this thread from the AJ Brown discussion so apologies for that, but to answer your question it's because I just traded to get the first overall pick so I already own the 1.01 and my original 1.09. 

I would like to land both AJ Brown and a rookie QB (preferably Burrows). 
I would just take Brown at 1.01 then and whoever you deem as the best RB/WR in the class at 1.02 if you move there. I would absolutely not move up to grab Burrows with the 1.02. I think that is a gross overpay, even if he plays at a HOF level. Those top RBs and WRs are just worth more, IMO. 

*I'm assuming it's not superflex. If so I would do it.

I would just take Brown at 1.01 then and whoever you deem as the best RB/WR in the class at 1.02 if you move there. I would absolutely not move up to grab Burrows with the 1.02. I think that is a gross overpay, even if he plays at a HOF level. Those top RBs and WRs are just worth more, IMO. 

*I'm assuming it's not superflex. If so I would do it.
If not a superflex I wouldn't touch Burrow until the early to mid 2nd rd of rookie drafts.  Preferably the mid-2nd.

Was just offered D'Andre Swift for him in a devy league and I refused it.  A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.  I may regret this next year, but I'm fine with it today.

JohnnyU said:
Was just offered D'Andre Swift for him in a devy league and I refused it.  A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.  I may regret this next year, but I'm fine with it today.
This is essentially 1.1 or 1.2 in a dynasty draft for AJB

I think this is a good call. Sure, Swift could be a stud. Or he could be another bust rb. We know what AJB is, and he isn't a bust. That certainty is worth a lot. I would do the same. 

Idk about "easy" no. It would be an easy no for me as I am not very confident in Golladay in general. Just not a guy whoe excites me. He is a great wr1 on his team and should be a low end wr2 for fantasy teams. 

Golladay is worth a bit more than Brown on charts and calculators, but I'd still decline. 

Users who are viewing this thread