What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

Corey Davis WR | TEN

Titans' Corey Davis: Lands on COVID-19 list

(25 mins ago) Davis has been placed on the Titans' Reserve/COVID-19 list.

Fellow wide receiver Adam Humphries is among the team's other players on the list and at this time it's uncertain whether the Titans' scheduled game against the Bills on Sunday will proceed as planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
A.J. Brown WR | TEN

Titans' A.J. Brown: Listed as limited on practice estimate

(5 mins ago) Brown (knee) was listed as limited on Wednesday's estimated practice report Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official site reports.

With Corey Davis and Adam Humphries on the Titans' Reserve/COVID-19 list, Kalif Raymond and Nick Westbrook are the other wide receivers on the team's active roster in addition to Brown, who last suited up in Week 1. The Titans, whose Week 4 game against the Steelers was postponed, are currently schedule to face the Bills on Sunday at 1:00 ET.

He’s the last WR standing, no way we play this one? Once the league starts going 2 weeks off for teams I think the season will begin unraveling unfortunately. 

He’s the last WR standing, no way we play this one? Once the league starts going 2 weeks off for teams I think the season will begin unraveling unfortunately. 
I agree.  Unfortunately I badly need him to play with Julio going down again, but I feel like the COVID thread has been tugged on a little to tightly here and this could all unravel real quick.  

Practice will be a walk through so he probably will do the minimum and then got treatment, reviewed by a doc in an expected fashion; I wouldn't read too much into limited participant on injury report posted

Can’t imagine that they play this weekend. 

Sure does look bad for this game now. 
"I’m told by #Titans and #Bills players they were told there is an option of playing their Sunday game on Monday or Tuesday in Nashville. If that happens, Thursday night’s game between the Chiefs at Bills would be moved to Saturday. This all just being discussed."

Russini

and then there is THIS Mort Tweet that Bills players would not their GAME CHECKS if they cannot play this weekend and I would be irate if I were a Buffalo Bills player. 

Saw today that AJ Brown had a deleted tweet wherein he stupidly denied being at the Titans secret practice in a way that made it very clear he was there.

Now I'm worried he caught the virus just like Corey Davis and Adam Humphries did.

And if he didn't, I'm worried he'll be suspended even if the team plays. 

Saw today that AJ Brown had a deleted tweet wherein he stupidly denied being at the Titans secret practice in a way that made it very clear he was there.

Now I'm worried he caught the virus just like Corey Davis and Adam Humphries did.

Where’d you see that?

Maybe this will increase the odds of a complete recovery from his knee issue whenever he does return. Secret practicing is not the same as playing in NFL games. Need AJB at full strength for back-half of this season and fantasy playoffs.

Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) was limited at practice Friday. 

Brown is widely expected to finally return this week against the Bills. He left the Titans' season opener with a bad bone bruise. If the Titans-Bills game is played Tuesday -- a big if -- Brown is a good bet for lots of targets against a Buffalo secondary that might be without superstar CB Tre'Davious White (back). Tennessee will be without Corey Davis, one of many Titans to land on the COVID-19 list this week. Brown should be in all fantasy lineups if he's active. 

RELATED: 

Corey Davis

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Oct 9, 2020, 3:05 PM ET

If you go by the reports, he's essentially put in like 6 straight "Limited" tags. He looks like he's a go for Tuesday with no Tre'Davious White/Levi Wallace OR Adam Humphries and Corey Davis? Noice!

If you go by the reports, he's essentially put in like 6 straight "Limited" tags. He looks like he's a go for Tuesday with no Tre'Davious White/Levi Wallace OR Adam Humphries and Corey Davis? Noice!
I am just worried about the game getting canceled.  I also have Tannehill and would love to play both, but if I do and the Titans get more infections I get zeros from two positions.  Ugh.

That's a poor report.

He's been getting treatment and they're going to work him in (rejoin the 1s) and see how it goes the next couple days.

Watch the video if necessary. 

People need to stop talking like this was a hammy or somesuch. It's a bruise, a wicked bruise, and has just been about healing, pain tolerance, and risk of future injury. 

Today is a walk through so don't be surprised he walks well 😉 and get all excited.

Tomorrow Vrabel is hoping for some speed he was not sure full or jog. 

AJs missed out on trainers working him back increasing strenuous activity to test things. I would guess they do some today, privately, after practice. If they can get him on that water treadmill and doing some cuts in the bubble that would be a good sign but that'll be after the practice report and probably private.

We've talked about how he struggles against top corners. Are you gonna start him against White? It might be raining too.

I'm just sticking with how I've been for FF and it doesn't seem reasonable to wait n hope here. Tuesday?

Just hope he gets work in and you can use him next week

We've talked about how he struggles against top corners. Are you gonna start him against White? It might be raining too.

I'm just sticking with how I've been for FF and it doesn't seem reasonable to wait n hope here. Tuesday?

Just hope he gets work in and you can use him next week
Is White even going to play ?

White's down and Corey and Humphries got the Covid. I'm not a even a big AJ Brown guy, just ended up with him a few places because that's how the cookie crumbled, but assuming the game goes off I'd fire up AJ Brown with a strong degree of confidence.

I'd like to start him but waiting until Tuesday to find out if they will play when I got Deebo, Ceedee, McClaurin, Jeudy and I am starting (no choice) Jonnu at TE, I can't risk losing 2 spots.  Playing McClaurin and CeeDee this week and won't cry if AJ has a big game. 

Yeah what do you guys think, being a Tuesday game if there are any setbacks we are in a pinch....do we roll him out? I don’t have another top 30 option so it would be a step down, I’m hoping a bone bruise is not something you reinjure like a hamstring?

Yeah what do you guys think, being a Tuesday game if there are any setbacks we are in a pinch....do we roll him out? I don’t have another top 30 option so it would be a step down, I’m hoping a bone bruise is not something you reinjure like a hamstring?
I will likely chance it and roll him out. With Julio out (or a very best really hobbled) I need upside not floor. So it’s either Tim Patrick or AJB.  The full practice and plus matchup has me feeling positive, I’m more worried about a game cancellation then his health.  

Its a good question. I am not entirely sure.

The bone bruise is because some bone or cartilage has mixed in with where the muscles are, causing inflammation and pain that limits what the person could normally do.

Here is an article that talks about risk factors.

• Not appropriately resting muscle after a bruise or muscle strain, thus causing repetitive injury to the injured muscle.
• Not taking measures to reduce inflammation and swelling in the injured muscle, including not icing or applying compression.
• Intensive stretching, therapy, or massage after an injury are thought to increase bleeding into the muscle and inhibit healing, thus leading to myositis ossificans.
• Premature return to sport.
• Re-injury to the same area as a previous injury.
You have to assume their medical staff won't let him play if there are risks of reinjury beyond the normal risks of playing football. Of course we know that some times they rush players back. 

White's down and Corey and Humphries got the Covid. I'm not a even a big AJ Brown guy, just ended up with him a few places because that's how the cookie crumbled, but assuming the game goes off I'd fire up AJ Brown with a strong degree of confidence.
I agree with the analysis.  As much out of necessity as "riverboat gambling", I've got him in my lineup.

I saw your post just a couple minutes after you posted and have been talking amongst the leagues the last 45, I'm not even sure I know who is in and out or playing or not playing this week. 

Titans and Pats have been Postponed, that was the word I heard.
Over Several leagues, I have a variance of Brown or J Smith. With no contingency options in these big tournament style leagues, I am going to be chewing on this one until kickoff today. I do have T Smith in a couple of them, so I do have an option tomorrow. The rest, with no other viable options, I may have to go with safer guys like J Jeudy, S Watkins, R Cobb or N Hines. Sample or Olsen for J Smith in an other ... It's a little rough!

Over Several leagues, I have a variance of Brown or J Smith. With no contingency options in these big tournament style leagues, I am going to be chewing on this one until kickoff today. I do have T Smith in a couple of them, so I do have an option tomorrow. The rest, with no other viable options, I may have to go with safer guys like J Jeudy, S Watkins, R Cobb or N Hines. Sample or Olsen for J Smith in an other ... It's a little rough!
Jeudy isn't safe.  Broncos-Pats postponed from this week.

I had him in my lineup but I am going to pull him for Gage because there is no Covid plan and I am getting nervous.  With such uncertainty it would be nice to designate a contingency plan like people are suggesting in the Covid thread. 

I had him in my lineup but I am going to pull him for Gage because there is no Covid plan and I am getting nervous.  With such uncertainty it would be nice to designate a contingency plan like people are suggesting in the Covid thread. 
As a league commissioner we enacted a designated player for last weeks NE - KC game and 4 teams with Mahomes, C H-E, Kelce, and Hill with designated players in case the game was not played. It was, bullet dodged. Now we have TEN - BUF scheduled yet.. so ... so far Singletary, Allen, and AJ Brown are designated.

My league voted down a designated sub replacement rule (3 people said no). So now I'm forced to bench AJ Brown in a smash spot because I don't know if the Titans will play. They need 2 days of negative tests and I can't take the risk of a zero... benching him for Sammy Watkins.

My league voted down a designated sub replacement rule (3 people said no). So now I'm forced to bench AJ Brown in a smash spot because I don't know if the Titans will play. They need 2 days of negative tests and I can't take the risk of a zero... benching him for Sammy Watkins.
Why? Its not like that benefits just one owner/team. You need a better league brother. Sorry you are forced to make a decision you shouldn't have to make under these circumstances...

Those 3 teams probably didn't need it - and the commish could have overruled it. The designated rule in case the game doesn't go on makes too much sense. REVOTE!

EDIT: AJ Brown and designate with S Watkins in case the game gets postponed.

The other issue with AJ Brown is still the Q status. So I ended up picking up E Sanders on MNF as my designated player for AJ. I bought a lil more time if need be.

Those 3 teams probably didn't need it - and the commish could have overruled it. The designated rule in case the game doesn't go on makes too much sense. REVOTE!

The other issue with AJ Brown is still the Q status. So I ended up picking up E Sanders on MNF as my designated player for AJ. I bought a lil more time if need be.
What if the game is played but AJ brown doesn’t play.

Does your rule cover that?

Im fine with rule changes, I just think it’s silly so many leagues are making changes mid season on the fly.

Im fine with rule changes, I just think it’s silly so many leagues are making changes mid season on the fly.
If AJ doesn't play because he's injured or held out, then that is just fantasy football. So start accordingly or roll the dice a lil.

TRE'DAVIOUS WHITEDB, BUFFALO BILLS

Bills CB Tre'Davious White (back) didn't practice Friday. 

White has missed every practice this week. Probably it's only a matter of time before the Bills declare him out for Tuesday's game against the Titans. A Buffalo secondary without White would be a major boon for A.J. Brown in Week 5. 
Waiting to hear on White but that would be big.

Why? Its not like that benefits just one owner/team. You need a better league brother. Sorry you are forced to make a decision you shouldn't have to make under these circumstances...
... is that you Ubertag?

I am the commish. I can't overrule because rule changes midseason must be unanimous, it's in the league charter.

Yes. For clarity:

• You have to designate the Sub BEFORE games start Sunday at 1pm EST.
  • The possibly subbed player must be in a spot that can accept him (if you want to sub a RB for a WR, the WR must be in a spot that can handle the RB like the W/R/T Flex spot, we use 2 flex spots in our league)
  • Subs can only be used for Monday-Tuesday games at risk of being postponed
  • If the game is played but the guy gets injured... tough. The sub is only used if the game is postponed off the week, not for injury.
  • If the game is played... nothing happens, life goes on.

You've got to be flexible in these situation because this NFL season is all about flexibility. I think it's silly to be rigid and not adjust to the times. Needless to say, the main person who dissented was facing me this week and wanted as easy a win against me this week as possible, eff the league. He won't be back next year.

Users who are viewing this thread