What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

Thankful to have him on a dynasty team that has other WR options.   Parked firmly on the bench until he has a game that makes me regret it.   Trying to figure out if I should take a run at him in redraft.   

If he starts tonight and is active he starts on one of my teams, otherwise a pivot to Rodgers unless my opponent tries to block me and play defensive. The bummer is having to drop someone.

The bills allow 0.4 passing TDs a game to WRs (slightly skewed since Texans lol). And the YPR is legit like under 11. 

They just don't allow big plays. Disciplined defense and if they get the Titans into forced pass heavy script, I don't even think Volume can save them.

I think Julio's a better play because he's just a better overall player. his efficiency per target has been really good with Tennessee so far.

AJ Brown to me is a wait and see. I'd be stunned if he had anymore than 6-80-1 tonight, which is good. The odds of a 10-150-2 game just seem so ridiculous lol

I'm usually "men in black brain flash" when it comes to my fantasy players. However, AJ's crappy season + injury cannot be ignored. It feels like Allen Robinson tbh. A talented player but it just isn't coming together based off of factors that no one can really quantify 

The bills allow 0.4 passing TDs a game to WRs (slightly skewed since Texans lol). And the YPR is legit like under 11. 

They just don't allow big plays. Disciplined defense and if they get the Titans into forced pass heavy script, I don't even think Volume can save them.

I think Julio's a better play because he's just a better overall player. his efficiency per target has been really good with Tennessee so far.

AJ Brown to me is a wait and see. I'd be stunned if he had anymore than 6-80-1 tonight, which is good. The odds of a 10-150-2 game just seem so ridiculous lol

I'm usually "men in black brain flash" when it comes to my fantasy players. However, AJ's crappy season + injury cannot be ignored. It feels like Allen Robinson tbh. A talented player but it just isn't coming together based off of factors that no one can really quantify 
I would disagree with this part. Robinson's crappy season is easy to quantify, he's not the only decent passing weapon in the offense anymore, and he's playing with a QB who isn't a rhythm passer, and will take off instead of forcing a throw to his top WR. There were signs this was going to be the case going into the season, and I have no idea how Robinson was going in the top-10 WRs.

I think Brown has been 100% injury related. I suspect he'll get back into being a no-brainer every week start as soon as that is no longer an issue. Also the Titans have been crazy run heavy, and while that is their identity, it won't be to this extent for long, not without crippling Henry.

Fortunately I have Crowder on a bye this week who I can drop or trade for someone like Beasley as a stopgap solution. I am down by 5 points. Question is whether he will accept the offer. Argh. LOL.

The usual suspects are all rostered in my league as far as potential replacements. I can't figure out which Tennessee WR might replace Brown, so I went with Firkser. Luckily I have AJ in at Flex so position isn't important. Unluckily, I'm only up 4 and not thrilled about going against E. Sanders under these circumstances. A big shout out to Claypool for nothing last night.

The anticipation is killing me. Have AJB and Sanders going tonight and need 32pts (PPR).  Have no viable replacement option for AJ.  

I stink at Twitter, so apologies if this caused some indigestion for anyone.
No worries at all and I certainly wasn’t making any accusations. I just couldn’t find that tweet when I looked for it, I was looking to see if he’d followed up with anything else. He easily could’ve deleted it. He just never know nowadays.

Sigmund Bloom

@SigmundBloom

That don't sound good. I wish Brown had shown us something earlier this season to believe enough in him to trust him despite this item... but if you waited for him, you probably have to play him

Quote Tweet

Jonathan Jones

@jjones9

· 1h

Titans WR AJ Brown is active tonight but he'll likely be on a snap count

Well-played.

Anyway, food poisoning in a mild form is usually around 24 hours. I think he should be fine and playing tonight.
For anyone that has had true food poisoning, there is no such thing as a mild case. It can last 3-4 days. Even if it goes away quick there can still be dehydration and weakness.

For those that started him…I hope he goes off.

They just gave an update and does not sound like he is  in good shape, Hopefully  he can shake it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's running around knocking the crap out of people. He destroyed White on Henry's TD. He looks fine doing that. But apparently he's just useless as a receiver now. 

Criminal for a coaching staff to not get the ball in his hands. Mind numbing!!
I’ve been saying that for the last 2 yrs when he was only getting 5/6 targets a game and still knocking down double digit TD’s and a 1000+ yards.  Not it’s just inexcusable.  

Impressive showing tonight despite the ailment and opponent. God this team needs Arthur Smith back tho. He made Tannehill work. 

A.J. Brown caught 7-of-9 targets for 91 yards in the Titans' Week 6 win over the Bills Monday night.

The nine targets matched Brown's season high while the catches and yards were new high-water marks for him after injuries had limited him the previous three weeks. Brown's biggest hurdle in this one was the food poisoning bout he battled the last 23-48 hours that was still hampering him in a catch-less first half. He did all of his damage in the final 30 minutes of game action. Brown looked like his normal after-catch self with the ball in his hands. Brown needs to take care of his body on a short week ahead of a mouthwatering Week 7 date with the Chiefs.

Oct 18, 2021, 11:44 PM ET

I'm not sure of logistics, but the Titans should definitely try and trade Tannehill for Matt Ryan.  Make some sort of playoff push, while you still have Derrick Henry.  That dude is a monster... I will never pass on him in fantasy again.  

I have JW and am also considering the same thought process......Of course im sure we start JW and then Brown is fine and goes 7/112/2.......uggh....

On the opposite side the Seahawks Defense is not very good right now so Ben could do well vs that secondary......
I was only off by 22 yards and 2 TD's which he almost had 1 appears......Yea and I started J-Washington.....uggh

I'm not sure of logistics, but the Titans should definitely try and trade Tannehill for Matt Ryan.  Make some sort of playoff push, while you still have Derrick Henry.  That dude is a monster... I will never pass on him in fantasy again.  

So the Titans should definitely try to trade for a worse QB that's 3 years older, costs $17 million more the next 2 years plus whatever's left for this year, where Ryan is making over $15 million more?

So the Titans should definitely try to trade for a worse QB that's 3 years older, costs $17 million more the next 2 years plus whatever's left for this year, where Ryan is making over $15 million more?
Talent-wise you think Matt Ryan is worse than Ryan Tannehill?  Tannehill looks like #### without Arthur Smith and Matt Ryan doesn't have an offensive line.  Statistically, Ryan Tannehill can't hold Matt Ryan's jockstrap and I am not even a Matt Ryan fan.  If you are in win now mode - you should uhhh... - win now.  

Ryan Tannehill ain't it. 

Users who are viewing this thread