What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Kyle Pitts, ATL (1 Viewer)

That isn't really the point. When you have multiple picks you can manipulate the draft depending on how you sequence your selections.

But that's not really relevant here, I guess.
No, I caught that. You're hoping somebody does something away from consensus and you can get two out of three of those guys with the three picks you have among the first six picks. Entirely relevant. I've got some picks this year that I'm planning on using to influence the draft, though I don't have the one to sort of set it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
That said, I still have Chase as so high that I wouldn't risk it. But I get why you're picking Pitts first if you're picking him at 1.06 anyway and have no preference regarding the other three. At least I think I get it.

.05 of an inch is 1/20 of an inch. 0.5 is what was meant. It threw me off too, especially with the weird nomenclature on pro day results. Chase is a fine choice at 1.01 with no red flags. 

But yeah I'm thinking a lot of people in FFPC are going to take Pitts at 1.01 and I'm really starting to wonder if I should make him a priority where I can. 

.05 of an inch is 1/20 of an inch. 0.5 is what was meant. It threw me off too, especially with the weird nomenclature on pro day results. Chase is a fine choice at 1.01 with no red flags. 

But yeah I'm thinking a lot of people in FFPC are going to take Pitts at 1.01 and I'm really starting to wonder if I should make him a priority where I can. 
Yes. That was sloppy of me.

I should have just put 6' 3/8"

OK, I put an "e" instead of an "a" in his name.  Geesh.  Why did you ask if I knew Pitts personally?  That made no sense.  I thought what I said about how Pitts will be used, he's a TE playing WR, made perfect sense and his ability to block is low-priority. 
This, whoever drafts him isn't expecting an inline body

Right shoulder angel today is saying to take him first overall. 

Now...my situation is different in the league where he's an option. I have the 1, 4, 6, 7, and 8.

If I take him at 1, then I am guaranteed to get one of Chase, Harris, or Etienne - all of which I like.

Plus, it raises the possibility that one of my league mates goes dumb and pushes another good guy to my 6 pick.
I think you take your #1 from the Chase, Harris, Etienne pool and Pitts will likely be there at 4, If not, you get two of the Chase, Harris, Etienne pool.

If I had the 1.1, I'm taking Chase first and every day all day. That's just me. I don't think Chase, Harris, and Etienne are equal, as of right now. I think Chase is in a class by himself. At about 6'.05" and everything else he has tested at and done and achieved at the college level, I can't find a flag on the guy. ETN and Harris both have them, Chase doesn't. Pitts has one merely because of his position. Pitts should be there at four. He's not the 1.1, in my estimation.
Agree, unless I am so RB depleted I'll take a WR with a top 5 ceiling and his 10 years of that over a RB with 5 years of top 10 production

I think you take your #1 from the Chase, Harris, Etienne pool and Pitts will likely be there at 4, If not, you get two of the Chase, Harris, Etienne pool.
Trust me, I've thought of all the permutations. I only said that I'd consider taking him at #1 as a counterpoint to taking I wouldn't take him at all (because he's a TE).

Also agree but while it would be great for the offense overall, not sure how great it would be for Pitts’ individual stats to have to share with so many other offensive weapons. Gallup could leave in a year or two, but Cooper and Lamb aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

I’d prefer if he went to a slightly worse offense where he had a path to becoming the key option (or close to it).

Also agree but while it would be great for the offense overall, not sure how great it would be for Pitts’ individual stats to have to share with so many other offensive weapons. Gallup could leave in a year or two, but Cooper and Lamb aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

I’d prefer if he went to a slightly worse offense where he had a path to becoming the key option (or close to it).
Yes, from a fantasy perspective I have to agree with you.  What's good for an NFL team doesn't always translate to what is good for your fantasy team.

Since it is likely assured that Pitts doesn't make it past pick #6, who cares what he would do to the cowboys?  Anna DeArmas becoming my girlfriend would make me much happier but its not likely to happen either.

Edit to Add: While I love Pitts, I would be fine with Brevin Jordan as well 2 rounds later.  He was a higher rated TE in High school and was pretty good at Miami, but Miami these days seems to have players that do better in the pros than in college.

Whoever takes him is going to have the easiest press conference ever on Draft Day.  

You can't look at Pitts and think, "oh this guy? We already have on of those!"  

Every team in the league has a need at whatever Kyle Pitts is.  

He's definitely going to be a force with his size/athletic profile. I wonder where he'll end up going in the draft. There's at least one great offensive lineman going high and a couple receivers after the run on QBs. My guess would be somewhere between 6 and 10. 

Since it is likely assured that Pitts doesn't make it past pick #6, who cares what he would do to the cowboys?  Anna DeArmas becoming my girlfriend would make me much happier but its not likely to happen either.

Edit to Add: While I love Pitts, I would be fine with Brevin Jordan as well 2 rounds later.  He was a higher rated TE in High school and was pretty good at Miami, but Miami these days seems to have players that do better in the pros than in college.
There have been rumblings that Jerry Jones is fixated on trading up to secure Kyle Pitts 

Field Yates @FieldYates

An astonishing 91% of Kyle Pitts’ catches resulted in a TD or first down in 2020. He didn’t drop a single pass. He’s the most athletically gifted TE prospect in the draft in over 10 years. 

🎥 breakdown of the unicorn of the 2021 NFL Draft.
https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1381614326415511553?s=21

Eric Galko @EricGalko

By comparison, the other top among WR/TE in 2021 Draft.

Chase (‘19): 76%, 5 drops
Waddle (‘19): 56%, 4 drops
Devonta (‘20): 71%, 5 drops
Marshall (‘20): 69%, 8 drops
E. Moore (‘20): 62%, 2 drops

As Field says, Pitts is a RARE prospect. #1 non-QB on almost every board I know.
https://twitter.com/ericgalko/status/1381618040576618498?s=21

There have been rumblings that Jerry Jones is fixated on trading up to secure Kyle Pitts 
So that likely means pick 4. Can’t be sure he will be there at 5, and Miami likely takes him at 6 unless they are deciding between him and chase and like chase better. Cowboys at 10 to go to 4 is going to be a large haul for Atlanta. 

maybe cinci would do this if Atlanta goes Qb or trade with, say Denver, who then goes Qb, but again, multiple firsts to move up and get a TE when their primary need is DB...

Now...my situation is different in the league where he's an option. I have the 1, 4, 6, 7, and 8.

If I take him at 1, then I am guaranteed to get one of Chase, Harris, or Etienne - all of which I like.
It does make some sense given your situation but there's a very good chance you get your choice at 1.01 and still get Pitts at 1.04.

It does make some sense given your situation but there's a very good chance you get your choice at 1.01 and still get Pitts at 1.04.
What I'd really like to do is take Chase at 1 and Pitts at 4, but since I have one and only one RB (Chubb) on my roster and Zealots Classic leagues require starting two RBs every week...I don't know how I don't use one of those picks on a RB. Now if I knew one of the RBs would make it to 6...

What I'd really like to do is take Chase at 1 and Pitts at 4, but since I have one and only one RB (Chubb) on my roster and Zealots Classic leagues require starting two RBs every week...I don't know how I don't use one of those picks on a RB. Now if I knew one of the RBs would make it to 6...
It's early in the process still so all you would need is for one of the RBs outside of the "big three" to end up in Miami, Pitts, ATL, Arizona or the NYJ in the draft and you can probably get a RB at 1.06.

with Brevin Jordan as well 2 rounds later.  He was a higher rated TE in High school and was pretty good at Miami, but Miami these days seems to have players that do better in the pros than in college.
:goodposting:

This is what I have been saying and Miami has Pick #81 which might allow them to take Jordan in theory there. 

6-Front 7

18-Safety/Front 7 again if need be. 

36-WR...Elijah Moore all day

50-OL, highest rated IOL we can grab. LB would also be welcome around here, Cox/Bolton.

Surprise Pick-I think Miami can actually maneuver and possibly add picks in this year's draft. Somewhere in the 2nd to earl 3rd Round. 

81-I'll say Brevin Jordan to use your example, if not him there are lots of goodies in this range. Possibly an OT slips or Jevon Holland if he falls down the board is an interesting pick if we pass on Moerhig. I have a couple other Safeties that would also make decent picks in the 3rd or 4th round. 

-I'm also OK if they want to burn this pick on a RB with some skills that the others on the roster don't...like Kenneth Gainwell who i like a lot. 

:goodposting:

This is what I have been saying and Miami has Pick #81 which might allow them to take Jordan in theory there. 

6-Front 7

18-Safety/Front 7 again if need be. 

36-WR...Elijah Moore all day

50-OL, highest rated IOL we can grab. LB would also be welcome around here, Cox/Bolton.

Surprise Pick-I think Miami can actually maneuver and possibly add picks in this year's draft. Somewhere in the 2nd to earl 3rd Round. 

81-I'll say Brevin Jordan to use your example, if not him there are lots of goodies in this range. Possibly an OT slips or Jevon Holland if he falls down the board is an interesting pick if we pass on Moerhig. I have a couple other Safeties that would also make decent picks in the 3rd or 4th round. 

-I'm also OK if they want to burn this pick on a RB with some skills that the others on the roster don't...like Kenneth Gainwell who i like a lot. 
MOP- this is the pitts thread, so we may want to take this to the Phins thread, but This draft really doesn't have a "front seven" guy worthy of 6 this year.  Dolphins maneuvered to 6 bc they figured top 3 will be QB, 4 may be one, and 5 will be the inflection point of this draft.  Assuming (as most have) that the Pitts Chase conversation is a toss up, then they are perfectly placed to get either one.

Now, Atlanta is fielding offers for 4 and also deciding if they want to give Ryan another weapon or draft his replacement. You also have the "inertia" of a TE should not be a top 10 pick, so who knows.

As a dolphin fan, the "consolation prize" of a DeVonte Smith wouldn't be such a bad one, but I see PItts as a generational player, Chase as a LFitz/Julio style WR,  while Smith is simply a perennial all pro. Not a bad place to draft.

***Back to the Pitts Discussion***

MOP- this is the pitts thread, so we may want to take this to the Phins thread, but This draft really doesn't have a "front seven" guy worthy of 6 this year.  Dolphins maneuvered to 6 bc they figured top 3 will be QB, 4 may be one, and 5 will be the inflection point of this draft.  Assuming (as most have) that the Pitts Chase conversation is a toss up, then they are perfectly placed to get either one.

Now, Atlanta is fielding offers for 4 and also deciding if they want to give Ryan another weapon or draft his replacement. You also have the "inertia" of a TE should not be a top 10 pick, so who knows.

As a dolphin fan, the "consolation prize" of a DeVonte Smith wouldn't be such a bad one, but I see PItts as a generational player, Chase as a LFitz/Julio style WR,  while Smith is simply a perennial all pro. Not a bad place to draft.

***Back to the Pitts Discussion***
:unsure:

Don't let National Media cloud your thinking. I disagree obviously, I have 3 names I could put on the list a #6 and feel good about avoiding all these "Emperor in New Clothes" also known as 4-5 QBs, 3 WRs, TE, OT, before we even sniff anyone on Defense, please sell crazy somewhere else(Not you-Gator) and I'm begging those who actually take some time in the off season to read posts in here, be honest about the Miami Dolphins because when you peel away Dynasty/Fantasy, they're nowhere close to being a Playoff team as they stand at this moment in time. They sent Kyle Van Noy and Shaq Lawson on their way, they did not sign a RB and they didn't upgrade the OL so I'll ask the question, where do you really want to start for the Miami Dolphins? Because despite a 10-6 record last year, we were dismantled and humiliated by a Buffalo team last week of the season and Buffalo had nothing to play for. We looked OK against terrible teams and we got spanked by good ones. We lost our best pieces on Defense and fans just shrug and say we'll figure it out, Bull#### says MoP and if others dispute than lay it out in detail. 

Pitts is a mistake for the Phins at 6, when you already have a Top 10 TE on the roster. So many holes to fill and we could get a WR in the 2nd Round. Think logically.  

And i love Pitts and what he can do potentially in the NFL. But they pay guys to shut guys like him down in the NFL, he just looked amazing in college at times. You want to hitch #6 to that? How about Smith at WR, the smurf, WR at #6, sound good?

The Dolphins weren't supposed to be that competitive last season. They were a year ahead of schedule. This is the year they're supposed to turn the corner and next compete for something of substance. 

Pitts would transform that offense, regardless of whether the answer is Tua or someone else in '22. I understand why they'd pick one of the other top tier options, but should they chose Pitts it's the furthest thing from a mistake. 

:unsure:

Pitts is a mistake for the Phins at 6, when you already have a Top 10 TE on the roster. So many holes to fill and we could get a WR in the 2nd Round. Think logically.  

And i love Pitts and what he can do potentially in the NFL. But they pay guys to shut guys like him down in the NFL, he just looked amazing in college at times. You want to hitch #6 to that? How about Smith at WR, the smurf, WR at #6, sound good?

The Dolphins weren't supposed to be that competitive last season. They were a year ahead of schedule. This is the year they're supposed to turn the corner and next compete for something of substance. 

Pitts would transform that offense, regardless of whether the answer is Tua or someone else in '22. I understand why they'd pick one of the other top tier options, but should they chose Pitts it's the furthest thing from a mistake
Just to be clear, I am a huge Pitts fan and would love to see Miami make a commitment to a 2-TE formation, think it would be great for Tua. That said, let's go back to Miami's deep holes in the Front-7, nothing along the OL, and yes they were ahead of schedule in terms of wins and losses last season. 

Just to be clear, I am a huge Pitts fan and would love to see Miami make a commitment to a 2-TE formation, think it would be great for Tua. That said, let's go back to Miami's deep holes in the Front-7, nothing along the OL, and yes they were ahead of schedule in terms of wins and losses last season. 
Miami has 3 other picks in the top 50 of the draft. And extra early picks in future years too.

Very intrigued by Pitts, not Jerry Jones intrigued but still intrigued. Just cant see someone pulling the tigger in the top 5 of any fantasy draft for a TE. I have read so much on Pitts but end of day, still a TE and history shows there hasnt been a rookie TE in fantasy worth that slot. Could he be the one to break the mold?

I traded Andrews in a TE premium league (also have Kittle) to move up from 12 to 7 in a start 1qb league.  I also have the 1.3.  I need a RB, but I'm starting to think it's between Chase and Pitts at 3.  I doubt both go 1/2.  If I ask myself, what if Pitts was WR, would I take him before Chase?  To be honest, I don't know, the jury is still out, but the reason I moved up from 12 to 7 is because if I do take a RB or Pitts at 3, I'm guaranteed a great player at 7.

Very intrigued by Pitts, not Jerry Jones intrigued but still intrigued. Just cant see someone pulling the tigger in the top 5 of any fantasy draft for a TE. I have read so much on Pitts but end of day, still a TE and history shows there hasnt been a rookie TE in fantasy worth that slot. Could he be the one to break the mold?
I have 1.4 and 1,6, and I am trying to figure if I can get Pitts at 6.

If I only had 1.4, I would take Pitts.  

I have 1.4 and 1,6, and I am trying to figure if I can get Pitts at 6.

If I only had 1.4, I would take Pitts.  
Take a look at your teammates rosters for 1.01, - 1.03 and see how they are at TE, because there is a chance he won't be there at 4, especially if the Harris / ETN / Williams don't land in good spots.  Even if one or more does, this RB class is nowhere near what last year was and perhaps none of them really deserve a top 3 pick.  Of course we all know Harris will and I'm not saying he deserves it, but there is a real chance ETN and Williams are not top 3.  It probably won't happen a lot, but I think it will happen.

Take a look at your teammates rosters for 1.01, - 1.03 and see how they are at TE, because there is a chance he won't be there at 4, especially if the Harris / ETN / Williams don't land in good spots.  Even if one or more does, this RB class is nowhere near what last year was and perhaps none of them really deserve a top 3 pick.  Of course we all know Harris will and I'm not saying he deserves it, but there is a real chance ETN and Williams are not top 3.  It probably won't happen a lot, but I think it will happen.
Not really a dynasty person, but I'd love to expand on this.  The teams with a glaring RB need seem to be Pitt, Miami, the Jets, and then maybe Jacksonville (Arizona is now no longer a "landing spot", but if they take a RB he will get some love).

So let's assume 2/3 of those teams do take a RB with a good "grade", then I assume they become high picks, and wherever Waddle and chase land would also predicate a top pick.  D Smith and the other guys all are first rounders, but Waddle's speed, Chase's measurables seem to put them at the top.

Any of these guys end up in Pittsburgh they are likely the #1 dynasty pick (pitt is poised to make one more run in the big ben era and the RB will get carries).  Miami is a maybe bc they have a crowded backfield (but you assume that if they draft a guy in the top 36 picks it is for him to be "the guy").  The Jets are a bit of a dumpster fire, but Saleh will likely try to be a running team so their pick should get carries.

All of this and we are not even talking about the QBs....

Pitts is and will be a Stud, and if he goes to Atlanta, Cincy, or Miami his TD opportunities will be different for each team, so lets look at that (since that may make a difference)

Pitts in Atlanta:  DING DING DING!!  I think this is a no brainer with Ryan's penchant for throwing to the TE (or anyone not named Julio) in the redzone, and the fact that Pitts will have to be single covered with all the weapons on that team.

Pitts in Cinci: A little less shine than Atlanta, but he likely is the best redzone target on the team when he steps on the field.

Pitts in Miami: Well, I'm a dolphin fan, and I think Miami will give pitts lots of opportunities to score if they get down there, but the Miami offense is likely the least of the three we are talking about.

Pitts to Atlanta should be a top dynasty pick, to cinci maybe a top 5 player, and in Miami likely top 7 based on potential, but I would expect him to be a slower start in Miami than anywhere else.

The Dallas Morning News' Michael Gehlken said it's "difficult to envision Dallas trading up" for Florida's Kyle Pitts. 

Speculation about the team's pursuit of Pitts has continued a week after reports saying team owner Jerry Jones is "infatuated" with the all-world tight end. The Cowboys would have to trade into Atlanta's No. 4 pick to ensure they landed Pitts, who likely won't be there when Dallas picks at No. 10. ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper said there's almost no scenario in which Dallas lands Pitts. Kiper cited the team's defensive needs as the primary reason it shouldn't pursue the generational talent. “Tight end is a luxury," Kiper said. "They can’t afford that luxury right now.” Gehlken agreed that the team's "need to upgrade the defense is obviously more pressing" than drafting a dominant pass catcher and an athletic unicorn. The Cowboys, Gehlken said, are fine at tight end with Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz, and Jeremy Sprinkle. 

RELATED: 

Blake Jarwin

, Dalton Schultz

, Dallas Cowboys

SOURCE: DallasNews.com

Apr 16, 2021, 9:40 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread