What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time (5 Viewers)

For sure.  Still probably a decent late round pick though.  

One think is for sure being a horror fan- if this list is an indication, TV for sure needs to step up its horror game.  Not sure I would recommend more than 2-3 on this list
TV just isn't good for true, scary horror. The best horror is really a one-off movie/etc. Once you have a series, and a main character, and weekly ratings... that all goes against what I think makes good horror. So we have TV shows with "horror elements". 

Did the 71-90 Comedy leading woman get judged yet?  I was helping out someone else and ranked those instead of the 91-20 Comedy leading woman, so if it hasn't been judged and you want more feedback, let me know and I'll send that list.

Did the 71-90 Comedy leading woman get judged yet?  I was helping out someone else and ranked those instead of the 91-20 Comedy leading woman, so if it hasn't been judged and you want more feedback, let me know and I'll send that list.
send it..thanks

1971-1990 Leading Woman Comedy

Working on this tonight.

If you want to send me in your rankings, please send them asap.  Thanks.  I already have one list.

Leading Male 1950-1970

These are the best remembered: 

9 Pts Jim Phelps (Mission ImpossiblePeter Graves was awesome. 

10 Pts Dr. Kildare (Dr. KildareThe future Anjin-san. 

11 Pts Ben Cartwright (BonanzaMy pick. Starred on that show for a decade (thats 4 decades in dog years.) 

12 Pts Bret Maverick (MaverickReminds me of Jim Rockford with a Stetson. 

Totally forgot who I even drafted. I'll take some good value with Phelps! Tim, totally disregard my comment about you being crazy for liking the last season of GoT. The way they rushed the story, nonsensically ended the series with Bran as king for no reason, totally ignored the Cersei prophecy, and completely failed to wrap a number of prominent story lines was great!

1971-1990 Leading Woman Comedy Rankings

Was able to get three more lists. Same guys that helped on the Men's. Many thanks!

Opinions on several were quite diverse.  Any ties were broken by my vote. 64 max. 4 min on the totals.

1 pt - Shirley Partridge.    (12 pts).
Shirley Jones 

Most of the points came from me....

2pts - Allie Lowell.   (17pts)
Jane Curtain

8 of the points from Yo....

3 pts - Chrissy Snow.   (20 pts)
Suzanne Somers

Wikk and I with 17 of these.

4 pts - Alice Hyatt.   (21 pts)
Linda Lavin

Yo with 11 here.

5 pts - Jessica tate (21 pts)
Kathrine Helmond
3-5-6-7

6pts - Emily Hartley.  (28 pts)
Suzanne Pieshette

2-8-7-11

7 pts - Blanche Devereaux. (28 pts)
Rue McClanahan

6-7-10-5

8 pts - Louise Jefferson     (31 pts)
Isabel Sanford

5-4-13-9

9 pts - Dorothy Zbornak.   (31 pts)
Bea Arthur

11-12-3-5

10 pts - Laverne Dafazio.   (39 pts)
Penny Marshall

10-11-5-13 

11 pts - Rose Nylund.    (39 pts)
Betty White

13-13-9-5

12 pts - Roseanne.    (47 pts)
Roseanne

15-14-4-14

13 pts - Diane Chambers.  (50 pts)
Shelley Long

13-10-12-15

14 pts - Edith Bunker.  (51 pts)
Jean Stapleton

9-15-15-12

15 pts - Maude Findlay  (51 pts)
Bea Arthur

14-15-14-8

16 pts - Mary Richards.   (64 pts)
Mary Tyler Moore
prefect 16's.

Totally forgot who I even drafted. I'll take some good value with Phelps! Tim, totally disregard my comment about you being crazy for liking the last season of GoT. The way they rushed the story, nonsensically ended the series with Bran as king for no reason, totally ignored the Cersei prophecy, and completely failed to wrap a number of prominent story lines was great!
I didn’t/don’t care about any of that. I found it epic and entertaining. 

Was able to get three more lists. Same guys that helped on the Men's. Many thanks!

Opinions on several were quite diverse.  Any ties were broken by my vote. 64 max. 4 min on the totals.

Shirley Jones 

Jane Curtain

Suzanne Somers

Linda Lavin

Yo with 11 here.

Kathrine Helmond
3-5-6-7

Suzanne Pieshette

2-8-7-11

Rue McClanahan

6-7-10-5

Isabel Sanford

5-4-13-9

Bea Arthur

11-12-3-5

Penny Marshall

10-11-5-13 

Betty White

13-13-9-5

Roseanne

15-14-4-14

Shelley Long

13-10-12-15

Jean Stapleton

9-15-15-12

Bea Arthur

14-15-14-8

Mary Tyler Moore
prefect 16's.

Another consensus rating that came out really well.  :thumbup:

Shirley Jones 

Jane Curtain

Suzanne Somers

Linda Lavin

Yo with 11 here.

Kathrine Helmond
3-5-6-7

Suzanne Pieshette

2-8-7-11

Rue McClanahan

6-7-10-5

Isabel Sanford

5-4-13-9

Bea Arthur

11-12-3-5

Penny Marshall

10-11-5-13 

Betty White

13-13-9-5

Roseanne

15-14-4-14

Shelley Long

13-10-12-15

Jean Stapleton

9-15-15-12

Bea Arthur

14-15-14-8

Mary Tyler Moore
prefect 16's.

Roseanne getting a 15 and two 14s is crazy since only the first 2 seasons (out of 9 or 10) were in this era.  Guess you can tell I was the 4 for her. She should have been in the 91-20 category. 

Roseanne getting a 15 and two 14s is crazy since only the first 2 seasons (out of 9 or 10) were in this era.  Guess you can tell I was the 4 for her. She should have been in the 91-20 category. 
:rolleyes:

This from someone who gave Louise Jefferson (basically a straight man for George) 13 points.  Judging is dumb.

(except when I do it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
i put Roseanne ahead of even Editz and way ahead of Maude (i dare anyone to try to link me an actual funny moment from that show) because the era was all about Roseanne types, giving women permission & examples to be whatever da #### they wanted to be. even the Lavernes & Chrissies - who i rated higher than most. instead, we got "cuz Golden Girls are are still on" revisionism

:rolleyes:

This from someone who gave Louise Jefferson (basically a straight man for George) 13 points.  Judging is dumb.

(except when I do it.)
Hey at least her show aired during this time period (and the Jeffersons was one of my favorite shows).

She should be dinged just like Jackie Harris was dinged.  It's the exact same situation.  Although, looking for consistency in this thing is probably a road too far.

Another situation where Diane Chambers got a Cheers bump because the show was so good but the character itself was one of the lesser ones of the show.  I would have had her down 5 or 6 spots.  

Another situation where Diane Chambers got a Cheers bump because the show was so good but the character itself was one of the lesser ones of the show.  I would have had her down 5 or 6 spots.  
Was this the first category in which the Cheers-related selection didn't get a 16?

I like Cheers a lot ... but I learned in this draft that a lot of people like it WAY more than me.

Was this the first category in which the Cheers-related selection didn't get a 16?

I like Cheers a lot ... but I learned in this draft that a lot of people like it WAY more than me.
pretty silly anymore, but there's Friends, no Seinfeld, no Office, not even any Daddio, without Cheers. most important sitcom after Lucy

and Cheers dont last three weeks without Diane

Doug B said:

Cheers is my second favorite sitcom of all time behind Seinfeld.  I think it was a great show but as comedy characters go the show was great because of the entire cast and I would put Sam and Diane below the others for comedy purposes.  Sam and Diane were the main focus that allowed the other's to play off them but I think they both got bumps because of the show rather than their actual characters.  It's understandable, but I wouldn't have had them so high (and I love the show).  

Gally said:
I was the one who had the lowest rating on her.  Cheers is brilliant but she (along with Kirstie Alley's character) are my least favorite characters by far in the series.  All other characters are just tremendous, didn't like those 2.

Probably a fair point on Roseanne with the timing.  I personally couldn't stand her but couldn't argue against the impact she had (many found her hilarious and relatable).  I was high on both Bea Arthur characters, though I ranked Rose ahead of Dorothy in the Golden Girl rankings.  They were both great in those roles.  Blanche was more of bland stereotype.

wikkidpissah said:
Doug B said:

pretty silly anymore, but there's Friends, no Seinfeld, no Office, not even any Daddio, without Cheers. most important sitcom after Lucy

and Cheers dont last three weeks without Diane
I saw the fine print!  Rare disagreement with you here, which is fine since this is just so subjective.  The character of Diane could have been played by anyone, or they could have had a rotating spot of "lady of the week/season" and as along as they had Norm, Cliff, Coach/Woody, Carla, Frazier, et al. the show IMO would not have missed a beat.

I saw the fine print!  Rare disagreement with you here, which is fine since this is just so subjective.  The character of Diane could have been played by anyone, or they could have had a rotating spot of "lady of the week/season" and as along as they had Norm, Cliff, Coach/Woody, Carla, Frazier, et al. the show IMO would not have missed a beat.
I would disagree a bit that it couldn't have been the lady of the week/season.  Having that tension (which has been copied by almost every sitcom since) was a key to the show allowing the other characters to play off.  It just wouldn't have worked well with temp characters.  However, I think there could have been just as good or better actresses to play Diane as I don't think Shelly Long was that great.  She was fine and didn't take away but she was blah to me.  

I'll be out of pocket / sporadic access into next week, so Sci-Fi rankings will come closer to Xmas. If anyone still wants to PM a 1-16 (no writeups needed) feel free

Cheers is my second favorite sitcom of all time behind Seinfeld.  I think it was a great show but as comedy characters go the show was great because of the entire cast and I would put Sam and Diane below the others for comedy purposes.  Sam and Diane were the main focus that allowed the other's to play off them but I think they both got bumps because of the show rather than their actual characters.  It's understandable, but I wouldn't have had them so high (and I love the show).  
I ranked her because of the character.  Just because the show has so many awesome characters, doesn't mean those characters are LESS than other possible characters to vote on just because those shows only had one or two good characters.  This is a very weak argument to make. 

Also, Diane isn't being compared to other Cheer's characters here.  She's being compared to other leading women in comedy. Other Cheer's characters should have no bearing on the rankings of this category.  

I ranked her because of the character.  Just because the show has so many awesome characters, doesn't mean those characters are LESS than other possible characters to vote on just because those shows only had one or two good characters.  This is a very weak argument to make. 

Also, Diane isn't being compared to other Cheer's characters here.  She's being compared to other leading women in comedy. Other Cheer's characters should have no bearing on the rankings of this category.  
That wasn't exactly what I meant.  I meant she gets inflated by the bias associated with Cheers.  I didn't think she was a better character than Roseanne, Rose, or LaVerne.  I didn't mean she was worse in relation to other Cheers characters so she should be worse in this category.  She should be ranked lower because the character wasn't as good and the other components of Cheers props her up in reputation.  

Couldnt agree less.

When i was young, i couldnt stand Jack Lemmon. Odd Couple, Some Like It Hot, whatever - so mannered, self-conscious, twitchy without power and, by my figuring, dishonest. Growing up, middle age didn't change that, tho it indeed readied me to be changed. I saw The Apartment on TV after coming home with a snootful, loved the story & thought McLaine was cute (and this was around the time of that cancer movie where she was anything but). So i watched it again, then again, and i realized - all those tics were eastereggs, bookmarks, postcards, lapel flowers for a whole generation of men who had won a war then pulled an entire universe out of their butts, but were still on the wire for everything they did and, therefore, took life extremely seriously. And i came to respect Jack Lemmon's "neuroses" immensely, even when i thought the work was silly & overcooked, because it was as much an abstraction of the modern man as Pollock or de Kooning.

Mary Richards was a tour-de-force for women coming into their own, but Diane Chambers was the abstraction of their hopes & fears. Every flourish, fetish, self-correction, romantic seizure, autism of confidence. She spoke to me cuz i rooted for women to be happier so i'd be happier and for Diane to get Sam, because i knew that, much as she wanted him, he wouldnt get her until he got her, and that's what we all wanted to see. And Shelley Long fit that gestalt like Lemmon did CCBaxter. And worked as hard & well as Lemmon to present her everywoman. And became the Dorian Gray portrait for an entire generation of the fairest sex. And God bless her.

That wasn't exactly what I meant.  I meant she gets inflated by the bias associated with Cheers.  I didn't think she was a better character than Roseanne, Rose, or LaVerne.  I didn't mean she was worse in relation to other Cheers characters so she should be worse in this category.  She should be ranked lower because the character wasn't as good and the other components of Cheers props her up in reputation.  
This Cheers bias is all in your head and bs.   Lol.  

1991-2020 Leading Woman Comedy Rankings

Combined rankings with @Hov34 and @Corporation .  EMMY INFO IS LISTED FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY AND WERE NOT THE BASIS OF JUDGING!!.  These rankings were top heavy and bottom heavy, with a good amount of differences amongst the judges in the middle.  There were three ties, broken by who ranked highest by the most judges.

Some very strong selections here, but some notable exceptions that could have scored well include Debra Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond), Moira Rose (Schitt’s Creek), Grace Adler (Will & Grace), Lois (Malcolm in the Middle) and Christine Campbell (The New Adventures of Old Christine).  Oh, and ROSEANNE SINCE SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THIS CATEGORY INSTEAD OF 1971-1990!!!

The Bottoms

Meh – good not great

16 - Reba Nell Hart (1 pts)

Played by Reba McEntire on Reba - 0 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 2/2/1)

15 - Penny Hafstadter (2 pts)

Played by Kaley Cuoco on The Big Bang Theory - 0 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 1/1/4)

14 - Frankie Bergstein (3 pts)

Played by Lily Tomlin on Grace and Frankie - 4 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 3/7/2)

13 - Fran Fine (4 pts)

Played by Fran Drescher on The Nanny - 2 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 4/3/5)

Mr. Mojo said:
Another consensus rating that came out really well.  :thumbup:
:confused:     I'm really not sure where you're coming from. I agree with you that consensus rankings are good/preferable.

BUT  you admitted you didn't know anything about Jack Bauer but neglected to get anyone's input whatsoever.

Heroes

#14 Jack Bauer  (3 points) - Clearly a man of action. Is he truly a hero, though? I haven't watched this show much so I may be off base with this ranking.

#1 John Snow (16 Points) - Brave, smart, tough and always doing the right thing for the good of all. The perfect hero.
Even the drafter that took your #1 hero (John Snow) admitted Bauer / rick6668 / higgins got majorly screwed....

Whoever took Jack Bauer got majorly screwed. That should be at the top. 3 points is a joke. 
 Jon Snow was my pick and I took him because Jack Bauer was off the board. That’s the truth. 
After months of drafters drafting, way to simultaneously #### over drafters by sending out quick, "just-to-be-done-with-it" rankings without any external input AND have the nerve to compliment judges that actually do take external input. :thumbup:

1991-2020 Leading Woman Comedy Rankings – Part 2

The Lower Middle Tier

Solid characters that either carried their shows or live on in memes.

12 - Kimmy Schmidt (5 pts)

Played by Ellie Kemper on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 2 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 5/8/7)

11 - Lucille Bluth (6 pts)

Played by Jessica Walter (and Kristen Wiig) on Arrested Development - 0 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 8/9/3)

10 - Jamie Buchman (7 pts)

Played by Helen Hunt on Mad About You - 7 Emmy nominations, with 4 wins

(Individual rankings - 11/4/6)

9 - Nancy Botwin (8 pts)

Played by Mary-Louise Parker on Weeds - 3 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 9/6/8)

1991-2020 Leading Woman Comedy Rankings – Part 3

The Upper Middle Tier

These three were separated by 1 point, with each judge having a clear favorite and least favorite – not a lot of consensus here.

8 - Fleabag (9 pts)

Played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge on Fleabag - 1 Emmy nominations, with 1 wins

(Individual rankings - 7/11/9)

7 - Jessica Day (10 pts)

Played by Zooey Deschanel on New Girl - 1 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 6/12/10)

6 - Carrie Bradshaw (11 pts)

Played by Sarah Jessica Parker on Sex and the City - 6 Emmy nominations, with 1 wins

(Individual rankings - 12/5/11)

1991-2020 Leading Woman Comedy Rankings – Part 4

The Lower Upper Tier

Three awesome characters well regarded by the judges as well as the awards.  Not far away from the top two.

5 - Miriam "Midge" Maisel (12 pts)

Played by Rachel Brosnahan on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - 3 Emmy nominations, with 1 wins

(Individual rankings - 10/13/12)

4 - Liz Lemon (13 pts)

Played by Tina Fey on 30 Rock - 7 Emmy nominations, with 1 wins

(Individual rankings - 14/10/14)

3 - Murphy Brown (14 pts)

Played by Candice Bergen on Murphy Brown - 7 Emmy nominations, with 5 wins

(Individual rankings - 13/14/13)

1991-2020 Leading Woman Comedy Rankings – Part 5

The Consensus Top Two

Amazing, iconic characters.  Julia Louis-Dreyfus earns yet another clean sweep of 16s .

2 - Leslie Knope (15 pts)

Played by Amy Poehler on Parks and Recreation - 6 Emmy nominations, with 0 wins

(Individual rankings - 15/15/15)

1 - Selina Meyer (16 pts)

Played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus on Veep - 7 Emmy nominations, with 6 wins

(Individual rankings - 16/16/16)

1991-2020 Leading Woman Comedy Final Rankings

16 pts - Selina Meyer (#1)

15 pts - Leslie Knope (#2)

14 pts - Murphy Brown (#3)

13 pts - Liz Lemon (#4)

12 pts - Miriam "Midge" Maisel (#5)

11 pts - Carrie Bradshaw (#6)

10 pts - Jessica Day (#7)

9 pts - Fleabag (#8)

8 pts - Nancy Botwin (#9)

7 pts - Jamie Buchman (#10)

6 pts - Lucille Bluth (#11)

5 pts - Kimmy Schmidt (#12)

4 pts - Fran Fine (#13)

3 pts - Frankie Bergstein (#14)

2 pts - Penny Hafstadter (#15)

1 pts - Reba Nell Hart (#16)

Couldnt agree less.

When i was young, i couldnt stand Jack Lemmon. Odd Couple, Some Like It Hot, whatever - so mannered, self-conscious, twitchy without power and, by my figuring, dishonest. Growing up, middle age didn't change that, tho it indeed readied me to be changed. I saw The Apartment on TV after coming home with a snootful, loved the story & thought McLaine was cute (and this was around the time of that cancer movie where she was anything but). So i watched it again, then again, and i realized - all those tics were eastereggs, bookmarks, postcards, lapel flowers for a whole generation of men who had won a war then pulled an entire universe out of their butts, but were still on the wire for everything they did and, therefore, took life extremely seriously. And i came to respect Jack Lemmon's "neuroses" immensely, even when i thought the work was silly & overcooked, because it was as much an abstraction of the modern man as Pollock or de Kooning.

Mary Richards was a tour-de-force for women coming into their own, but Diane Chambers was the abstraction of their hopes & fears. Every flourish, fetish, self-correction, romantic seizure, autism of confidence. She spoke to me cuz i rooted for women to be happier so i'd be happier and for Diane to get Sam, because i knew that, much as she wanted him, he wouldnt get her until he got her, and that's what we all wanted to see. And Shelley Long fit that gestalt like Lemmon did CCBaxter. And worked as hard & well as Lemmon to present her everywoman. And became the Dorian Gray portrait for an entire generation of the fairest sex. And God bless her.
I believe she pales compared to Mary Richards.  Mary was always true to her character, striving to overcome and "make it after all". And she did, triumphantly, and was hilarious in the process. To me, Diane was the anti-thesis of an everywoman. I think initially the thought with Diane was she would start off as a pretentious, snobby, know-it-all with a condescending attitude but as she learned what the real world was about via her interactions with Sam and the gang, she would become more relatable and a better person.  Not sure if it was her ego and the desire to leave the show, but it seems they pulled the plug on that in the last season or 2 of her run.  Her character doubled down on all those negative qualities and I didn't see real growth from her.  I hated the way that it seemed she thought she was superior to not only Sam but everyone, when it was really her character that didn't understand the nuances of the real world.  Too many of the episodes were centered on the Sam-Diane dynamic. When she left, I thought it allowed the supporting characters more room to breathe and they didn't focus on the Sam-Rebecca dynamic as much as they did with Diane. 

Regardless, I rated her fairly high because it was an iconic character and Long did well in the role.  I just didn't care for the role as much as others and bottom line she didn't make me laugh as much as others in the leading comedy category.

:confused:     I'm really not sure where you're coming from. I agree with you that consensus rankings are good/preferable.

BUT  you admitted you didn't know anything about Jack Bauer but neglected to get anyone's input whatsoever.

Even the drafter that took your #1 hero (John Snow) admitted Bauer / rick6668 / higgins got majorly screwed....

After months of drafters drafting, way to simultaneously #### over drafters by sending out quick, "just-to-be-done-with-it" rankings without any external input AND have the nerve to compliment judges that actually do take external input. :thumbup:
Maybe you should pay closer attention - I did get input on the Westerns (after the Hero rankings) because I didn't want to be accused again of missing a ranking on a show I hadn't seen much of.

So don't get your panties in such a bunch just because I may have missed one pick.  Your whining and criticism is really ridiculous here.   :cry: :rolleyes:

I'm almost done with the documentaries.  I just noticed that something called, "American Vandal" is on the list.  It is not a documentary of any sort.  Please repick, whoever you are.

OK, Thanks for allowing me to judge the children's category. It was a fun exercise. I did not have any contributers to the judging (hopefully I dont feel @higgins scorn), but I did use 3 sites that I found online. One was the IMBD score, another was a web site called screencrush (which I can not link here due to work restrictions) and the last was listchallenges

For each of the shows that I didnt really remember or have never seen, I watched an episode of the show on youtube. While there will be people who do not agree with my rankings, I dont think you can say it was because of lack of effort.

Here we go.............................

Animaniacs (IMBD 7.9) (Screenscrush 2)

1 point

I think this one would have been much better placed in the animated category. I really like Animaniacs so it pains me to place it here. I actually liked Tiny Toons better and absolutely loved Pinky and the Brain. It was a must watch for me in the 4pm slot on WB (and I was in college at the time, lol). Anyway, I bring this up because I am a fan. However, this is not really a children's show in my opinion. If you take a look at the list, this one stands out as being different. In fact, when I went to watch some episodes on youtube, I got a notification that some material may be inappropriate, do I want to proceed? That is not very childreny. It feels like whoever drafted it wasnt sure what to take, looked at the screencrush ranking and went with it. 

A few that I enjoy: Airline Safety with Warners, What are We

Kids Incorporated (IMBD 7.0) (Screenscrush  N/A) (list challenge 43)

2 points

Episode I watched: Leader of the Pack

This is a show that my sisters and I used to watch on Disney Channel. If you did not have the Disney channel, you might have missed it. I remember watching this, but really remember it more for having brought Martika, Jennifer Love Hewitt  and Fergie to us. The show isnt very good. It is young actors and actresses trying, but it is cringy as my kids would say these days. The songs were pulled from the hits of the day. In fact, in the one episode I watched there was Van Halen, Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie (and none were very good). I would have preferred the Fresh Beat Band, at least their songs were original.

You cant do that on Television (IMBD 8.1) (Screenscrush  N/A)

3 points

Episode I watched: Christmas Episode

I might take some flack here since this seems to be a well liked show. If we are being honest though, outside of the slime, is there anything noteworthy about this show. You might say the locker jokes, but cmon. The one funny thing that really stood out to me watching now was how strong some of the Canadien accents were. I watched this on Nickelodeon and enjoyed it, but I dont think it is a strong contender and is not better than any of the shows above it. 

3-2-1 contact (IMBD 8.1) 

4 points

Episode I watched: Food and Fuel, 1980

This had a great theme song that I still remember to this day. It is a show about science. I remember watching it along with the Electric Company and Square One Television (which was not selected). This is the show I liked the least. It bored me a bit. For that reason, it found itself in the bottom tier. 

OK, that was the bottom tier. The next tier is what I call cute, but nothing more

Magic School Bus (IMBD 7.8) (Screenscrush  N/A) (list challenge 84)

5 points

Epidsode I watched: In a Beehive

This is a show that I had never really heard of before this draft. The premise is interesting. School kids get whisked away on a magic school bus to help them learn. The episode I watched was one where they all turned into bees. I have to be honest, I learned a thing or two by watching this and isnt that what childrens show aim for. It is a cute show but not one I can really put higher

Arthur (IMBD 7.3) (Screenscrush  N/A) (list challenge 7)

6 points

Episode I watched: Is this Kosher/Never Never Never

Arthur is what I would call another cute childrens show. It is one that my own kids used to watch on PBS kids. There is nothing wrong with it, but there is nothing that makes it stand out either. We actually have a ton of the Arthur books and my kids liked when we read them. 

We are now into our next tier. I call is the Iconic and not forgotten tier

Howdy Doody (IMBD 7.8) (Screenscrush  N/A)

7 points

Episode I watched: May 31, 1958- King Yardstick and early Tibet

Howdy Doody gets put in this tier for its impact it had on children's programming. Had I just ranked it based on how good it was, it would be in tier 1 for me. I did ask my father what he thought of it and he said he loved it. Loved Buffalo Bob and Claribel.  I liked how they had on air commercials. It was very Truman Show.

Users who are viewing this thread