What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

Awful 4th quarter. 

For anyone wanting to get drunk, should have played a drinking game in the 4th quarter where Chris Paul dribbled the ball, passed to no one, took a shot, and missed.  I counted six times in the 4th quarter. :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Clips have gotten more than their fair share of calls this series. 
Then I'll add Mann getting a tough bucket inside, getting hammered on the arm, and there's no call.  That's 3 easy, blatant poor officiating mistakes in the Suns favor in the final minute of a single playoff game.  That's just poor officiating.

Leadership.™ 
I will admit I have never been a fan of Chris Paul (seems like a ####, always kind of a dirty player), so maybe I am not impartial, but as the leader, it sure seemed like he was trying to give that game away last night.  More accurately, it seemed like he wanted to be the reason why they won, hence his hero ball in the 4th quarter.  The Suns should thank the heavens that the Clippers missed about 31 open shots in the 4th quarter of that game.  

Couple of observations about last night's game:

-Clippers missed quite a few free throws in the 4th (not counting the intentional ones)

-As mentioned here, the refs missed some critical calls at the very end. Though I think it was fairly even throughout the entire game.

-Monte's late game strategy to foul intentionally before the shot worked very well.

-Might have been Hero Ball re: CP3 (I don't know his history as well as others).  But maybe, at the end, the Suns kept it w/either Booker (till he fouled out) or Paul because they knew they could draw fouls and make free throws better than anyone else.

-Almost forgot, Cousins was a dope for not knowing the rules about intentionally missing a free throw.

gruecd said:
What's really crazy is that he legit does it without traveling.
Oh it definitely was traveling.  They did a slo-mo of it.  You could almost argue 4 steps for some of these guys.

It's nice to be able to pick up your dribble OUTSIDE the 3-point line.  Half court here we come!

Chris Haynes: Coaching Search, Inability To Win Title May Push Damian Lillard Out of Portland

The enormous backlash from the Portland Trail Blazers' process to hire a new coach and his concerns on whether a championship contender can be built have become factors that may push the franchise player — Damian Lillard — out the door, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Lillard has remained loyal to Portland in large part due to the tremendous fan base. But over the last few days, he’s seen some of those same fans attacking him on social media for a pending coaching hire he played no part in consummating, sources said.

Portland is currently in negotiations to make Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Chauncey Billups its next head coach.

The coaching search was conducted by Neil Olshey, the team’s president of basketball operations. None of the candidates who were interviewed were from suggestions from Lillard, sources said.

And although the All-NBA guard has a relationship with Billups as a coach, announcer and former player, he had no prior knowledge of the past sexual assault allegations against him from 1997.

The Trail Blazers are scheduled to announce the new head coach on Tuesday.

:oldunsure:

His left foot is on the arc when he picks up.  Steps with right establishing pivot.  Steps with left.  Goes up off of left, releasing the pivot to shoot lay up.  

But, but, but, he picked up his dribble at the 3-point line.  
Exactly.  3 steps after possession of the ball, or almost 24 feet!  Sweet!!

If Atlanta knocks them out, there's still time to consider the triple long jump in the Olympics. 👍

Exactly.  3 steps after possession of the ball, or almost 24 feet!  Sweet!!

If Atlanta knocks them out, there's still time to consider the triple long jump in the Olympics. 👍
No, left foot was on the floor when he picked up.  After the pick up, it was right, left, lift.  Textbook  footwork. 

That being said, traveling is defined by establishing and releasing the pivot, not by number of steps.  If you are are trying to classify a particular move using number of steps, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

No, left foot was on the floor when he picked up.  After the pick up, it was right, left, lift.  Textbook  footwork. 

That being said, traveling is defined by establishing and releasing the pivot, not by number of steps.  If you are are trying to classify a particular move using number of steps, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
No need to dribble inside the 3-point line anymore, folks.  Inside 24 feet?  Just grab and go if you're gonna take it to the rack.

Chris Haynes: Coaching Search, Inability To Win Title May Push Damian Lillard Out of Portland

The enormous backlash from the Portland Trail Blazers' process to hire a new coach and his concerns on whether a championship contender can be built have become factors that may push the franchise player — Damian Lillard — out the door, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Lillard has remained loyal to Portland in large part due to the tremendous fan base. But over the last few days, he’s seen some of those same fans attacking him on social media for a pending coaching hire he played no part in consummating, sources said.

Portland is currently in negotiations to make Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Chauncey Billups its next head coach.

The coaching search was conducted by Neil Olshey, the team’s president of basketball operations. None of the candidates who were interviewed were from suggestions from Lillard, sources said.

And although the All-NBA guard has a relationship with Billups as a coach, announcer and former player, he had no prior knowledge of the past sexual assault allegations against him from 1997.

The Trail Blazers are scheduled to announce the new head coach on Tuesday.

:oldunsure:
I’m surprised it took this long.  Olshey must have pictures of someone.

I was going to only watch the 2nd half but the jersey talk sucked me in and I had to look.

It's like it was some higher up's little kid's birthday and he got to pick his favorite color for them play in.  WTH?

Users who are viewing this thread