What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (2 Viewers)

It was more extreme than I expected too.  And plus-minus isn’t the gospel truth.  He is horrible at D though.
True, Gallinari is just too immobile to provide much on defense anymore. Counterintuitively he seems to be a less horrible defender when Giannis is on the court because he's crafty at drawing offensive fouls.  Gallo's shot has been good, but anytime he's initiating offense from the post I consider that a win for the Bucks defense.  As good as he is at drawing fouls, it still tends to stagnate the possession and result in poor mid-rangers a lot.

One matchup I thought we might see this series is Tony Snell on Khris Middleton.  It hasn't happened yet, but he's a long defender and knows Middleton's game from his time in Milwaukee a few years ago.  McMillan elected to go with Solomon Hill in spots instead early and now that Reddish is back we probably won't see it at all.  Reddish, Hunter, and Huerter is a nice wing group moving forward for Atlanta.

That's crazy.  I absolutely NEVER would've guessed that.  Mind blown.
I wanted him benched early in the playoffs - his shot is at least on now.  Then he was horrible at defense, made dumb fouls, can't really rebound AND was missing shots.  Not to mention, he makes some decent money.  I'd love for him to be gone next year.

Lou, Gallinari, Huerter and hobbled Bog are all defensive liabilities.  We aren't going to win a game like the 90's Heat or Knicks but with Trae out we also are going to struggle to score 110+.  About our only hope is Trae plays and Giannis sits but even that isn't guaranteed.  Hey - I know nobody will believe me but going to 6 games in ECF is beyond Hawks fans wildest dreams for this season.  Yes, I've allowed myself to consider the possibility we win it all but realistically we are in the 8-12 range in best teams in the league most likely.  Those teams almost never sniff the finals and virtually never win it (has anybody?)
I believe you and the Hawks have been incredible in these playoffs and fun to watch. It is going to be fun in 2 or 3 years watching the Hawks and Pistons dominate the east and play in multiple conference finals against each other. 

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

There’s belief Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) would be given the green light for a potential Game 7 if Hawks avoid elimination in Game 6 on Saturday, league sources tell @YahooSports.

5:51 PM · Jul 2, 2021
For Game 6 Giannis is listed as Doubtful, which apparently means Out. Young is Questionable which probably means just that. I suspect he gives it a go.

Don't feel like sifting through the thread for this so apologize if this was already posted. 

On the Ben Simmons front a local Minny guy or someone said the T'Wolves are very interested in Simmons. I can't remember the guys name but he has a contact or knows someone in Ben's camp somehow. I remember him reporting something sometime ago on Simmons people blew off at the time that ended up coming true so we'll see if this rumor grows legs in the near future. 
He's a moron.

This sounds solid.

:oldunsure:
Don't remember what the last thing was on Simmons but I remember a lot of people brushing what this guy said as BS and it ended up coming true. Again don't remember what the last thing was but he was right the last time he reported on Simmons. 

FTW is reporting the Sixers turned down a trade offer from Indy that including Brogdon and a 1st rounder for Ben Simmons recently 

DJackson10 said:
FTW is reporting the Sixers turned down a trade offer from Indy that including Brogdon and a 1st rounder for Ben Simmons recently 
This was already posted and discussed a few posts ago.  But hey, why not another one.

Can we knock off the drive and kick to tucker now? May as well just hand the ball to the hawks and d up.

Last edited by a moderator:
How massive a choke job will this be when the bucks lose? All time biggest playoff gag, right?
The Warriors lost like a 35 point lead in 2019, Philly blew a 26 point lead in the 2nd round against these Hawks. 

Love the fight the Hawks have. 

Man - just got home.  Wife scheduled a 4th get together at our friends lake house 2 hours away.  Ugh - oh well, 3 minutes for a miracle 

Users who are viewing this thread