What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (4 Viewers)

The true is I don't care anymore about unvaccinated adults. Their choice if they get sick suffer the consequences. 

THANK YOU !!!  

That's kinda how we feel about people who choose to get the shots - I'd love if everyone would give everyone the same consideration !!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

You should laugh as it is from the gossip column for Politico (latest policy developments, and intriguing whispers) and uses anonymous sources that I am old enough to remember was never taking seriously by the usual suspects when Trump was POTUS

No, I present it as a function of a faulty fear-mongering administration.  
Interesting the messaging here from others who don't think this administration has done enough on COVID would include being more forceful/ instilling fear about COVID so all would get vaccinated.  What is it ya'll want to be done?  We have a HUGE misinformation / disinformation problem, a lot of which falls along party lines. Go figure.

Mile High said:
The true is I don't care anymore about unvaccinated adults. Their choice if they get sick suffer the consequences. 
How do you feel about women who get pregnant  and want an abortion?   Their choice to have sex.  Suffer the consequences?     

Awaiting Joe’s six point COVID-19 action plan.  I think most Americans are confused since Joe declared victory against the virus back in July.

Given that so few could distinguish between a mask advisory and a mask mandate, I have no doubt at all that the discussion of a vaccine mandate will absolutely stay on the subject of the mandate.

Awaiting Joe’s six point COVID-19 action plan.  I think most Americans are confused since Joe declared victory against the virus back in July.
25% vaccination rate in the city of Detroit.  Vax rates cant drop can they?  That might have been an important piece of info to have before declaring victory.

I didn't realize Detroit was such a red city either. Cause it's those darn Republicans that are causing this...or so im told.

25% vaccination rate in the city of Detroit.  Vax rates cant drop can they?  That might have been an important piece of info to have before declaring victory.

I didn't realize Detroit was such a red city either. Cause it's those darn Republicans that are causing this...or so im told.

Yep.  Detroit is as red as you can get.  Just like LA, Chicago, NY and Baltimore.

I guess the left only wanted to tear down statues from the civil war just to make room for the next one.
It’s about the only thing they’ve done under ol Joe that hasn’t been a complete disaster. He might as well stick to it, the border/Afghanistan/COVID/Every real responsibility just aren’t for him. 

That was one of the most divisive speeches I've ever seen. 
I thought he was supposed to be the one that brought the country together? What’s his problem? Don’t want to hear the vax excuses, everyone expected Trump to control what citizens do….Biden was supposed to show us how it’s done?!?

:goodposting:

Careful, you are destroying their talking points. 

I thought he was supposed to be the one that brought the country together? What’s his problem? Don’t want to hear the vax excuses, everyone expected Trump to control what citizens do….Biden was supposed to show us how it’s done?!?
Trump 2.0.

At least with Trump, I would have gotten judges that are in line with my general philosophy, and also probably an occasional policy win here and there.  Live and learn I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he not giving it? I heard the 9/11 families told him not to show up if he doesn't declassify all the 9/11 documents he promised to. 
The last I saw is that he isn't going to give a live speech -- just something pre-filmed and televised.  Which is disgraceful if true, of course.

9/11 families to President Biden: Don't come to our memorial events

Nearly 1,800 victims’ relatives, first responders and survivors are calling on Biden to refrain from attending any memorials over his refusal to release Sept. 11 documents.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276138

Looks like a no at the moment, but this is a couple days old....
I don't know why this is Biden's thing as opposed to previous Prez but I haven't followed this. 

I just googled and he has done this

Also read that he is visiting all 3 sites where planes crashed. What is the proper response here?

I don't know why this is Biden's thing as opposed to previous Prez but I haven't followed this. 

I just googled and he has done this

Also read that he is visiting all 3 sites where planes crashed. What is the proper response here?
I don't know either other than it's a major anniversary. And it looks like Biden has requested the documents be declassified, but I dont think it has happened yet.

Biden just needs to play 9/11 safe this time around with everything else going on. 

I don't know either other than it's a major anniversary. And it looks like Biden has requested the documents be declassified, but I dont think it has happened yet.

Biden just needs to play 9/11 safe this time around with everything else going on. 
I am unaware of the importance of these docs being declassified. Do you know if this is the first year that this can occur or has this been a thing every year?

Not seeing why this would be a Biden thing I guess.

I am unaware of the importance of these docs being declassified. Do you know if this is the first year that this can occur or has this been a thing every year?

Not seeing why this would be a Biden thing I guess.
Not sure. My understanding is that families who lost loved ones sued Saudi Arabia for financing 9/11 and didn't win. These declassified documents might have more info to help their suit. 

I'm not sure how Biden got roped into it either.

What is this about?
This weekend is the 20th anniversary of 9/11.  A normal president would give some kind of speech commemorating the occasion.  It wouldn't need to be anything long or involved -- it's just the kind of thing that presidents do, and I'm sure his speechwriter probably has at least half a dozen first drafts of prepared remarks.  But for some reason Biden is apparently not going to do that.

I've seen some speculation as to why.  Some of it is that he's just not really able to fulfill this particular part of his job responsibilities.  Another is that he doesn't want to be speaking on live television while the Taliban raises its flag in Kabul.  But that's just speculation by third parties.  I have no idea why he's doing this, but it's a bizarre decision.

This weekend is the 20th anniversary of 9/11.  A normal president would give some kind of speech commemorating the occasion.  It wouldn't need to be anything long or involved -- it's just the kind of thing that presidents do, and I'm sure his speechwriter probably has at least half a dozen first drafts of prepared remarks.  But for some reason Biden is apparently not going to do that.

I've seen some speculation as to why.  Some of it is that he's just not really able to fulfill this particular part of his job responsibilities.  Another is that he doesn't want to be speaking on live television while the Taliban raises its flag in Kabul.  But that's just speculation by third parties.  I have no idea why he's doing this, but it's a bizarre decision.
Thanks. I hadn't seen that when looking up this 9/11 declassified info. Just that he was visiting all 3 crash sites and joining the VP at the Pentagon.

If he were not to do a live statement of some sort I do think that would be a bit unusual and a strange choice. I think the bolded is kind of a joke. The optics  would not be something I would be concerned about if I were his PR people.

:goodposting:

Careful, you are destroying their talking points. 
Red states are overwhelmingly less vaccinated and twice and three times as covid positive as blue states.  Detroit is an exception to the rule.   But go ahead and plant your flag there. 

I didn’t see this speech but I’d consider the unvaxed a threat to allowing us to return to a pre-covid life. 
I dunno but Joe did a pretty good job convincing me that I'm in a great spot being that I'm vaccinated, I don't really feel threatened personally.

Trump 2.0.

At least with Trump, I would have gotten judges that are in line with my general philosophy, and also probably an occasional policy win here and there.  Live and learn I guess.
Ivan you were warned about this.   I'm pretty sure you said nothing could be worse than Trump.    I'm sure you still feel that way.   But it would have been nice if you took the occasional  win.   

It feel like never ending  winning compared to biden.

Users who are viewing this thread