What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

Democrats capped out-of-pocket drug expenses for seniors on Medicare at $2,000 a year—and every single Republican in Congress voted against it.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1583216496771211264
why did they do that ? tell the whole story
Republicans hate seniors and want them all to go broke and die.

Give me things no one has ever said on this forum for $100 Alex.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

Democrats capped out-of-pocket drug expenses for seniors on Medicare at $2,000 a year—and every single Republican in Congress voted against it.

I believe this was in the Inflation Reduction Act thing. Not sure why Republicans in The House voted against it but that’s where you could look up and see their reasoning.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

Apparently you've never read any of your posts or @tommyGunZ posts. :doh:

@GordonGekko just completed a curb-stomping on TGunz and his old posts so bad he'll never be the same again. :lol:

I'm not putting Biden in charge of my IT department :lol:

exactly

and he shouldn't be in charge of the United States of American either
You realize people mess up reading a teleprompter all the time, right? This is trivial and pretty dumb TBH.

It is perfect content for Twitter and the like though and I do find a lot of these instances funny.
Sometimes? Maybe? All the time? No.

No kidding...if you at defending him with this stuff at this point there is nothing he can't do you won't defend.
My experience is people defend their political choices no matter what because once they see the error in their choice they need to own up to it, and most wont.
Would vote for Biden 100/100 times over Trump. Those were our choices. The other guy cemented that as the correct decision with his act after losing.

Biden’s speech yesterday

He read the prompter fine. This time of year the speeches these people give to crowds are just red meat to get them fired up to vote. Mostly garbage to be honest across the board. We get a couple more weeks of this.

Fine with the vote over Trump but let's not pretend he is OK...there are 100's of examples of this type of stuff...has zero to do with red meat.
He’s old as hell. I would prefer if he doesn’t run again, I’d be surprised if he does. He’s also capable of doing the job.

I agree he is old as hell and won`t run again at 82. As Meatloaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad.
He was in charge when infrastructure bill got passed, gun bill got passed, Vets bill for toxic exposure passed, capped prescription drug prices for old people, handled the Russia invasion well. These are accomplishments. If you disagree with these policies that is fine but they are indicative he is capable of doing the work.
Oh for crying out loud. Sitting in the chair does not make him capable. If that's the case, then we can just put a 5 year old in the seat right? Seriously.
Then what do you actually give the Prez any credit for?
One scoop instead of two on his cone?

No one really knows how much he is really doing, so it’s hard to give credit.
Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · Oct 20

195 House Republicans voted against a bill to protect birth control access.

157 House Republicans voted against a bill to protect marriage equality.

210 House Republicans voted against a bill to codify Roe v. Wade.

They are determined to take this country backwards.

I don't care. I really don't. Right now I am worried about my retirement, my income, my spending due to higher and higher prices, with no end in sight. I'm worried about a recession, which could make things worse. Once I feel better about my own situation, I will care more about these things. There are far far far too many worrisome things in my own life currently....I don't have enough for much else. I suspect I am not alone. If the dems are going to ONLY run on abortion(which it seems they are) I will have to pass.
Joy Behar would like to talk to you.

exactly

You realize people mess up reading a teleprompter all the time, right? This is trivial and pretty dumb TBH.

It is perfect content for Twitter and the like though and I do find a lot of these instances funny.

No kidding...if you at defending him with this stuff at this point there is nothing he can't do you won't defend.
My experience is people defend their political choices no matter what because once they see the error in their choice they need to own up to it, and most wont.
Would vote for Biden 100/100 times over Trump. Those were our choices. The other guy cemented that as the correct decision with his act after losing.

Biden’s speech yesterday

He read the prompter fine. This time of year the speeches these people give to crowds are just red meat to get them fired up to vote. Mostly garbage to be honest across the board. We get a couple more weeks of this.

Fine with the vote over Trump but let's not pretend he is OK...there are 100's of examples of this type of stuff...has zero to do with red meat.
He’s old as hell. I would prefer if he doesn’t run again, I’d be surprised if he does. He’s also capable of doing the job.

I agree he is old as hell and won`t run again at 82. As Meatloaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad.
He was in charge when infrastructure bill got passed, gun bill got passed, Vets bill for toxic exposure passed, capped prescription drug prices for old people, handled the Russia invasion well. These are accomplishments. If you disagree with these policies that is fine but they are indicative he is capable of doing the work.
Oh for crying out loud. Sitting in the chair does not make him capable. If that's the case, then we can just put a 5 year old in the seat right? Seriously.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · Oct 20

I don't care. I really don't. Right now I am worried about my retirement, my income, my spending due to higher and higher prices, with no end in sight. I'm worried about a recession, which could make things worse. Once I feel better about my own situation, I will care more about these things. There are far far far too many worrisome things in my own life currently....I don't have enough for much else. I suspect I am not alone. If the dems are going to ONLY run on abortion(which it seems they are) I will have to pass.

Find me a post where I ever claimed Joy Behar spoke for me... :coffee:

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

@GordonGekko just completed a curb-stomping on TGunz and his old posts so bad he'll never be the same again. :lol:

I don't give a crap as to what TommyGunz has said and why should I?

I believe this was in the Inflation Reduction Act thing. Not sure why Republicans in The House voted against it but that’s where you could look up and see their reasoning.

bingo

it was wrapped up in the Mass Spending Bill AKA Inflation Reduction Act .......... they didn't vote against a specific thing like @squistion indicated

will he admit it though ?

exactly

Biden’s speech yesterday

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · Oct 20

Find me a post where I ever claimed Joy Behar spoke for me... :coffee:
it was in response to supermike.

bingo

it was wrapped up in the Mass Spending Bill AKA Inflation Reduction Act .......... they didn't vote against a specific thing like @squistion indicated

Is it ok to make good on political promises if it fans the inflation flames for all?

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

Because you said that nobody said that republicans hates seniors and all Republicans are evil, and I'm telling you that's not true. There's plenty of posts in this forum that say exactly that or something similar to that. Tgunz is one of the leading posters in that arena. Jackstraw is another.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

Because you said that nobody said that republicans hates seniors and all Republicans are evil, and I'm telling you that's not true. There's plenty of posts in this forum that say exactly that or something similar to that. Tgunz is one of the leading posters in that arena. Jackstraw is another.

There's plenty of posts in this forum that say exactly that or something similar to that.

:lol: Link? :popcorn:

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

There`s lots of ugly hateful people in this world thats for sure

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

Probably because putting caps on drug prices will stifle innovation. Currently, the United States funds worldwide development of drugs. If the US moves to price caps then the pharma industry will protect their margins by reducing R&D costs. It's a formula that Valeant Pharmaceuticals used a few years back. They bought up a bunch of drug companies that had robust pipelines and canned all the drugs that were either not far enough along or who had very slim chances of getting approved. Also think there may be some patent law issues here as well.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

Probably because putting caps on drug prices will stifle innovation. Currently, the United States funds worldwide development of drugs. If the US moves to price caps then the pharma industry will protect their margins by reducing R&D costs. It's a formula that Valeant Pharmaceuticals used a few years back. They bought up a bunch of drug companies that had robust pipelines and canned all the drugs that were either not far enough along or who had very slim chances of getting approved. Also think there may be some patent law issues here as well.
The problem is we subsidize the world. I'm fine with passing laws that say we can negotiate prices, and in particular baseline our prices on what's being charged in Canada/Europe/Australia, etc. Just put it on a timer with the pointed note that big pharma should renegotiate with those folks to make an even playing field.

We want the best of both worlds and it is terribly unfair to the working poor in the US that we're paying 2/3 of the cost of medicine for Sally in Melbourne.

I think it was part of the MSA (massive spending act) aka inflation reduction act

See, Biden is telling half truth, misinformation ............ why isn't CNN calling him out on them all ?

uh huh

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden · 40m

The problem is we subsidize the world. I'm fine with passing laws that say we can negotiate prices, and in particular baseline our prices on what's being charged in Canada/Europe/Australia, etc. Just put it on a timer with the pointed note that big pharma should renegotiate with those folks to make an even playing field.

We want the best of both worlds and it is terribly unfair to the working poor in the US that we're paying 2/3 of the cost of medicine for Sally in Melbourne.

Agree. I was interested in the Most Favored Nation status that Trump wanted for negotiations. You know the US is getting bent over by the pharma industry when they don't want to give you the prices they're giving other countries who have drug price caps. The US going to price caps would cripple the industry I think. A Most Favored Nation would at least give the industry some options. If Germany will only pay $1 for a drug that the US has to pay $2 for, then you have the option to either 1.) go back to Germany and say we won't sell you this drug for $1, we have to sell it to you for $1.50 because the US is no longer subsidizing the costs so they have to be shared, 2.) charge the US $3 and don't sell the drug in Germany to keep your profits high; or 3.) sell the drug to everyone for $1 and adjust your margins elsewhere.

I think it was part of the MSA (massive spending act) aka inflation reduction act

See, Biden is telling half truth, misinformation ............ why isn't CNN calling him out on them all ?

uh huh

Yes but lowering drug prices is something both parties are interested in doing. There is a bipartisan way forward here instead of a ram in down your throat the way we want to way the Dems have been doing for the last two years.

Agree. I was interested in the Most Favored Nation status that Trump wanted for negotiations. You know the US is getting bent over by the pharma industry when they don't want to give you the prices they're giving other countries who have drug price caps. The US going to price caps would cripple the industry I think. A Most Favored Nation would at least give the industry some options. If Germany will only pay $1 for a drug that the US has to pay $2 for, then you have the option to either 1.) go back to Germany and say we won't sell you this drug for $1, we have to sell it to you for $1.50 because the US is no longer subsidizing the costs so they have to be shared, 2.) charge the US $3 and don't sell the drug in Germany to keep your profits high; or 3.) sell the drug to everyone for $1 and adjust your margins elsewhere.

here is an idea - stop using drugs

amazing how humanity lived for like ...ever ... without drugs and now we have to have them to live ?

the price of drugs has to do with all the rules/restrictions/regulations wrapped in them and even with all that, we still get this

but hey, trust the drugs, the pharmaceuticals and your doctor, right ? don't question anything

Yes but lowering drug prices is something both parties are interested in doing. There is a bipartisan way forward here instead of a ram in down your throat the way we want to way the Dems have been doing for the last two years.

a stand alone bill then - don't wrap it into an infrastructure or spending bill - I hate when they do that, when they all do that

I'd be infavor of NO add on's, no pork ... a bill is what its for , nothing else wrapped in it

here is an idea - stop using drugs

amazing how humanity lived for like ...ever ... without drugs and now we have to have them to live ?

the price of drugs has to do with all the rules/restrictions/regulations wrapped in them and even with all that, we still get this

but hey, trust the drugs, the pharmaceuticals and your doctor, right ? don't question anything

Well life expectancy in the US in 1950 was only 68 years. Now it's 79 years.

Look, I spent the first 10 years of my legal career in drug product liability defense. I'm well aware of some of the harm the pharma industry caused, but I'm also aware of some of the good it's done.

Look, I spent the first 10 years of my legal career in drug product liability defense. I'm well aware of some of the harm the pharma industry caused, but I'm also aware of some of the good it's done.

you do know how bad some of the drugs have been then - but every time very very profitable for the pharmaceuticals even though hundreds/thousands suffered for the long term effects of the drugs huh ?

we are keeping the human bodies alive longer - I'm not sure laying in a bed for 8 years with the mind of a 4 year old is quality living that everyone wants to have ..... but we are keeping human bodies alive longer

you do know how bad some of the drugs have been then - but every time very very profitable for the pharmaceuticals even though hundreds/thousands suffered for the long term effects of the drugs huh ?

we are keeping the human bodies alive longer - I'm not sure laying in a bed for 8 years with the mind of a 4 year old is quality living that everyone wants to have ..... but we are keeping human bodies alive longer
To act as if modern medicine and the pharmaceuticals that come with it haven’t been a massive positive for humanity as a whole is a staggeringly bad position to take.

bingo

I’m going to go with NO

To act as if modern medicine and the pharmaceuticals that come with it haven’t been a massive positive for humanity as a whole is a staggeringly bad position to take.
Tremendous! I know there is always this & that but tremendous as far as humanity & the world goes. I'm talking health.

yeah i saw that too on MSNBC. guy shouldn't run again. sad to see.

You guys realize how close we are to a Kamala Harris administration? You think Biden or Trump is bad? I'm no fan of Biden but I DO NOT want to see Harris as POTUS. She's the ultimate example of "failing up".

We should all hope and pray to God that Biden can hang on for another 2 years. I don't think he can, but I'm hoping.

This one delayed I hope forever:
good thoughts for all the dems here that are/were against this.

This is the one thing that I actually like. I made too much to qualify for stimulus, I qualify for this.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
Oct 24

If we elect two more Democratic senators and keep control of the House, here is my promise to the American people:

The first bill I will send to Congress will be to codify Roe v. Wade. When passed, I will sign it in January—50 years after Roe was decided the law of the land.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1584556593978408964

undermining the Supreme Courts ruling is NOT a good thing . tall about destroying out Democracy

undermining the Supreme Courts ruling is NOT a good thing . tall about destroying out Democracy

Fun Fact:

The Constitution gives Congress the power to pass a bill that overrules or nullifies a SCOTUS decision.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
Oct 24

If we elect two more Democratic senators and keep control of the House, here is my promise to the American people:

The first bill I will send to Congress will be to codify Roe v. Wade. When passed, I will sign it in January—50 years after Roe was decided the law of the land.

I have no issues with the process of this law being passed - SCOTUS follows and interprets what Congress passes.

However, it does bother me that Joe is saying that they will set aside the filibuster. (Though, to be honest, the chances the blue team retains the house is sitting right at nil.)

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
Oct 24

And this is why Obama never codifies Roe v. Wade when he could have. The Dems knew if this ever got overturned they cold use it to fire up their base during an election. The timing of this tweet tells me the Dems know they're in trouble.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
Oct 24

And this is why Obama never codifies Roe v. Wade when he could have. The Dems knew if this ever got overturned they cold use it to fire up their base during an election. The timing of this tweet tells me the Dems know they're in trouble.
Midterms the party in the WH always gets smoked so no one should be surprised this Nov 3. That the Dems are in the convo to keep the Senate is pretty wild to be honest.

"Some airlines, if you want six more inches between you and the seat in front, you pay more money. But you don’t know it until you purchase your ticket. Look folks, these are junk fees, they’re unfair and they hit marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low-income folks and people of color," said Biden.

good
gawd

Good GDP numbers.

ECB raised rates by 75 basis points.

Fed meeting next week where they're expected to do the same.

Market has been good for the past week and half.

Expecting a double dip recession though.

"Some airlines, if you want six more inches between you and the seat in front, you pay more money. But you don’t know it until you purchase your ticket. Look folks, these are junk fees, they’re unfair and they hit marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low-income folks and people of color," said Biden.

good
gawd
I cant tell you how badly this is hurting the financially well off people of color.

Users who are viewing this thread