What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (3 Viewers)

"He's the worst.." "no that guy was the worst" ..."no he wasn't, you are!!" sounds like a bunch of spoiled children fighting in the back seat of mommies car. 

saying someone is "the worst" means nothing. It may mean something to you in your made up world, but this is real life. If you really believe that some person was THE WORST ever, give specifics. I hate arguing with people who's only defense is "Well, I don't like it" Who gives a F what "you like," give me logical, measurable facts and metrics that prove the job was done correctly or better. 

I know its a tall order b/c the job of being the president of the US has so many touch points that not everyone is going to see the same way on everything. So you need to look at past history of improvement or decline and where the country is after that president left office along with what they campaigned on. 

I'm not going to pretend I'm a political history scholar, so I cant talk on every president since Washington—I'm a Regan era kid, so thats where I begin my presidential knowledge. 

As for Biden, I won't call him the personally the "worst president ever" but I do feel that the decision by the left to put him in office was def a very bad one for the country as a whole. (full stop: dont come at me and say "regardless, he was better then trump!" b/c we are strictly talking about a presidents time in office and what they do.) 

In my book, the #1 reason Biden's presidency is trending down is his obvious and unfortunate mental decline. Listen, it is a normal part of aging. I take no enjoyment or pleasure in listening to him bumble his way through speeches. But you cannot deny that he had these issues prior to the election and it is getting worse day by day. The white house is spending way too much time trying to shield him and run interference for him. Now, any decision made by him can be clouded by "he's not all there" and that is very BAD for America. 

And the world is noticing it too. And honestly, we look very, very weak as a nation. 

As for metrics: our Southern border numbers are at modern record highs. This chart has it at 200K in a month vs 40k in the same month just last year. 

I don't faulty him as much as other do for the Afghanistan withdrawn—thats what we have generals for.  But I do think that he was not mentally able to contribute to the planning of it and his team was more concerned about optics (moving the date closer to 9/11 to get his "mission accomplished moment) then specifics. So in the end, it does fall on him and his legacy. 

edit to add: His overall handling of Covid is becoming problematic. He campaigned on "Having a plan" but we are not seeing it. Instead we are getting "a talking to" like its coming from a parent and just more lockdown after lockdown, mandate after mandate and  sweeping ultimatums that is causing more widening division in this country than its solving. I don't have an answer but we are not far from people drawing a deep line in the sand and potential sparking of violence as the government starts putting people's jobs and livelihoods at stake. 

Lastly, another huge (potential) failure of his presidency is that, at this point no one expects him to finish out his term. Yes, other presidents didn't either, but that was b/c of assassinations or impeachment. But for Biden, many called it well before the election and it is looking truer and truer everyday. Whats worse is that his choice of a running mate—possibly based on checking the racial and gender boxes for votes—will put someone in the the most powerful seat in the world who is completely unqualified for the job. If Harris ran with a younger, more capable presidential candidate, it probably would not been much of an issue and you roll the dice with the odds of her never having to take over. But we all saw this coming, and nothing she has done publicly so far since being VP makes me any more comfortable over Biden.

Nobody is disagreeing.   This sums up where we are at right now.

Don` t think you will get any arguments from either side on this post.  

Biden and the Dems want to tax gains on ETF stock funds that are currently not taxed.  The average income of people holding these funds is $125,000.00.  So much for no new taxes on people making under 400 thousand.
This is from Ron Wyden, who also wants to setup a system to tax all unrealized gains every year.  (A massive boondoggle).

While much of what has been proposed (limiting retirement accounts to 10M, banning the mega backdoor Roth, curtailing the use of private stocks into IRAs, etc.) makes great sense this ETF rule is awful and will hit all kinds of people.  This serves no purpose of fairness or good tax structure - it's just extractionary.  I don't think this will get through, though; there will be massive pushback here.

I thought a code red was hitting a fat dude with soap inside a sock.

Biden at UN.   Another joke.    Boy he really is Xi's creature.

another part of Joe's legacy :(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/asia/afghanistan-women-government-jobs-intl-hnk/index.html

The order leaves hundreds of women out of work. Nohmani said there are 2,930 people working for the municipality -- 27% of whom are women.

Fear is mounting for women and girls in Afghanistan after the Taliban seized control of the country last month. Despite repeated assurances to respect women's rights, the order on female government employees is the latest sign the freedoms of the last 20 years are coming to an end.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/asia/afghanistan-women-government-jobs-intl-hnk/index.html

The order leaves hundreds of women out of work. Nohmani said there are 2,930 people working for the municipality -- 27% of whom are women.

Fear is mounting for women and girls in Afghanistan after the Taliban seized control of the country last month. Despite repeated assurances to respect women's rights, the order on female government employees is the latest sign the freedoms of the last 20 years are coming to an end.

Women aren't people - they are spoils of war.   

This should surprise no one

This is from Ron Wyden, who also wants to setup a system to tax all unrealized gains every year.  (A massive boondoggle).

While much of what has been proposed (limiting retirement accounts to 10M, banning the mega backdoor Roth, curtailing the use of private stocks into IRAs, etc.) makes great sense this ETF rule is awful and will hit all kinds of people.  This serves no purpose of fairness or good tax structure - it's just extractionary.  I don't think this will get through, though; there will be massive pushback here.
I, for one, would like to say that banning the mega backdoor Roth makes zero sense and death to whomever tries to ban it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is doing the fishing again?

^^^^ Yeah, that's your post above. ^^^^ 

You probably shouldn't be accusing others of fishing and/or trolling.
Fair.  Just thought it was amusing that I popped in here and it was a who's who from the Trump thread.  

Continue with the Joe bashing, you guys have earned it! 

The Biden Administration is a hot mess.  Makes sense you can't bring yourself to discuss that.  
If only I've pointed out my disappointments in these threads.  I get it that's it's not as fun for you guys when Joe wasn't "our guy" like Trump was for many here.   I know I don't feel the need to go to bat for him day in and day out.  

You know what?  This is disgusting.   Truly.  Those women came so far and deserve so much better.  And they’ve been left high and dry.  

However, notwithstanding my criticism wrt the Biden withdrawal, which was embarrassing, really, I don’t blame Biden for the tragic fate of the Afghan women.  That’s been on the cards for years now.  

If only I've pointed out my disappointments in these threads.  I get it that's it's not as fun for you guys when Joe wasn't "our guy" like Trump was for many here.   I know I don't feel the need to go to bat for him day in and day out.  
Yet here you are. But Trump! and calling out others. You sure are a piece of work. 

:lol:  At you making it a point to post in every thread, every day, often unrelated to the topic at all.
:goodposting:

I guess when there’s nothing positive to say about the side and administration you desperately defend then unrelated posts are the best diversion? Especially when said poster has admitted to not knowing topics they are defending as we all saw in the past. 

That UN address was a joke. France saying how we handled Afghanistan was a "stab in the back".  France!  Hes lost all credibility on the world stage. 

Biden getting ripped pretty good on all networks.  Comes across as very weak.  One said Biden makes Jimmy Carter look like Hercules.

Biden getting ripped pretty good on all networks.  Comes across as very weak.  One said Biden makes Jimmy Carter look like Hercules.
The only thing missing was him waving a white flag.  

In all seriousness, we all know that, historically, the White House has always been extremely self-aware about how the President is presented to the American people. Regardless of party, this has been an issue for more than 100 years.  And now, all of a sudden, everything is off the table and a joke for this administration and the persona presented to the world has to have people's perception of the leadership of the United States of America to be a joke. Joe Biden looks inept and feckless out there every single time we see him. 

And then to sit there and allow the foreign minister's press to ask questions and then usher our own out and not allow any questions to be asked? The average person simply must be asking the question "what is being hidden here?" 

The more his handlers try to protect him and shield him from simple questions, the more they expose how feeble he is.
There is a video on twitter of the press being forced out of the room while Boris Johnson is still talking so the US press couldn't ask Biden any questions.  Stunning.  

The only thing missing was him waving a white flag.  

In all seriousness, we all know that, historically, the White House has always been extremely self-aware about how the President is presented to the American people. Regardless of party, this has been an issue for more than 100 years.  And now, all of a sudden, everything is off the table and a joke for this administration and the persona presented to the world has to have people's perception of the leadership of the United States of America to be a joke. Joe Biden looks inept and feckless out there every single time we see him. 

And then to sit there and allow the foreign minister's press to ask questions and then usher our own out and not allow any questions to be asked? The average person simply must be asking the question "what is being hidden here?" 

When Vanity Fair is taking shots at Biden it is a problem. MSNBC anchor Stephanie Ruhle ripped Harris and Biden on the border disaster going on. 

An important ally France rips Biden and said he stabbed them in the back.  Another ally Boris Johnson is still upset about the Afghan debacle and having to scramble to get Brits troops and civilians out and suffered casualties.

Cabinet minister Rory Stewert "Biden just humiliated Americas allies"  So the Brits and France are looking forward on their own without advice from the US. Who can blame them?

Bob Woodward wrote the Whitehouse is trying to limit questions and interviews, and shelter Biden because of all his gaffes and misspeaks.

Tumbleweeds been blowing through this thread as there is really no defense for the damage Biden is doing anymore anymore.

There is a video on twitter of the press being forced out of the room while Boris Johnson is still talking so the US press couldn't ask Biden any questions.  Stunning.  
This apparently upset the media.  

From Daily Wire:

“The entire editorial component of the U.S. pool went immediately into Jen Psaki’s office to register a formal complaint that no American reporters were recognized for questions in the president’s Oval Office, and that wranglers loudly shouted over the president as he seemed to give an answer to Ed O’Keefe’s question about the situation at the Southern Border,” the statement said. “Biden’s answer could not be heard over the shouting.”

“Psaki was unaware that the incident had occurred, and suggested that she was not in a position to offer an immediate solution,” the statement continued.

Portnoy requested that Biden hold a formal press conference as a makeup for continuing to ignore reporters’ questions, which is a common occurrence from Biden, and Psaki responded by claiming that Biden “takes questions several times a week.”

Max Power said:
Max Power said:
This apparently upset the media.  
It should upset American citizens. This is an absolute low point in America's history of promoting freedom of the press. A foreign leader takes questions from a free press and the American President does not.  :thumbdown:

Unreal

ETA: To be fair, I guess you can't really blame them.  There are no answers to these questions: Mr President, "What about the 10,000-15,000 Haitians who arrived on our border untested for the COVID virus?" Mr President , "Describe the decision making procedure for the drone strike on the Afgan Isis K terrorist who turned out to be an aid worker with 7 children killed was that decision a political or military disaster?"

I've got to tell you a quick story that has nothing to do with anything.

What in the holly hell?  Boris is like, what is going on here. 

Storytelling is a way people with dementia try to communicate, one that does not rely heavily their memories and they can just manufacture people and events while putting themselves in a significant role.

Biden should have nutshelled that to about 30 seconds but he is not aware of what he sounds like.

Watch Boris`s body language while Biden is talking. Totally uninterested and disrespectful.

Sounds like my grandpa telling the same story over and over.

This is worst “collapse” ever?  :coffee:

Some Biden approval ratings in the last week (not including Rasmussen)

Fox, 50%

Harris 48%

Morning Consult 49%

RMG 48%

American Research 50%

https://pressrun.media/p/has-bidens-approval-rating-plummeted
Cherry picking.  

538's averaged and adjusted is 46.2% currently and was as low as 45.0% during the Afghanistan debacle.  He's been underwater for a month now.  The majority of American's disapprove of Biden performance.   FACT.     :yes:

Fox, 50%

Harris 48%

Morning Consult 49%

RMG 48%

American Research 50%

I really have no faith in these poles anymore.  Off the record Biden is probably around 25% right now after the last month. I really do not any anyone from either side who actually thinks Biden is doing a good job.

On the record it will be much higher as some will never disappove in a pole.

Do you approve or disapprove at this moment?

I really have no faith in these poles anymore.  Off the record Biden is probably around 25% right now after the last month. I really do not any anyone from either side who actually thinks Biden is doing a good job.

On the record it will be much higher as some will never disappove in a pole.

Do you approve or disapprove at this moment?

Biden is at 25%?  :lol:

I am not even sure Nixon got that low before he resigned (maybe, it is possible). And you don't impress meas moving in circles with many Democrats, progressives, or Biden supporters, so the small sample size doesn't really mean that much.

If I were asked by a pollster I would choose approve over disapprove since the alternative that we could have elected would have been a lot worse. I think Biden could have done better on some things, but overall I approve. 

Fox, 50%

Harris 48%

Morning Consult 49%

RMG 48%

American Research 50%

This is so weak. 

The only voting cohort that matters for approval purposes is independents. GOP and Dem loyalists are rarely going to change their approval opinion no matter how bad things get.

According to the Gallup poll released today, Biden's approval among independents has gone from 61% in January to 37% currently. An approval drop by nearly half in the first eight months is the very definition of "plummet."

In other words, independents now overwhelmingly disapprove of the job Biden is doing.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/354872/biden-approval-rating-hits-new-low-harris.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread