What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

WWF was a joke in 89.     Id  put the midnight express against anyone from 84 to 93.   As long as beautiful bobby was working.   Im fine with loverboy dennis or sweet stan as the partner.
'89 wasn't the WWF's best year, as that whole Hogan/Zeus thing was stupid, but SummerSlam '89 was awesome. That crowd was electric, and nearly every match delivered. 

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

CBS News poll among speech watchers: 85% approve of Biden's speech, just 15% disapprove.
Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto

CNN Poll: 7 in 10 who watched say Biden's speech left them feeling optimistic - CNNPolitics
Ryan Struyk @ryanstruyk

New Monmouth University poll just out: - 68% support Biden infrastructure plan - 65% support raising $400k+ taxes - 64% support Biden families plan - 64% support raising corporate tax

Last edited by a moderator:
It really puts the Republicans in a bind. Look at Tim Scott’s response: he didn’t even try to argue against Biden’s policies. Instead he talked about the culture wars and, astonishingly, voting concerns. I suppose this is what the far right wants to talk about, but the nation does not. 

The Democrats electoral strategy for 2022 appears to be pretty solid: if they get these bills passed, they can claim the most successful and popular agenda in decades. If they are blocked, they will simply argue that Republicans are preventing them from doing what the public desires. What can the GOP offer in response? 

Because they are indoors. Kind of like the recommendation if you’re in a movie theater.
If you saw the hugging and grouping up by dems before the networks  started covering  the speech.   Tv light s go one everyone spreads out.

Pure theatre.   

It really puts the Republicans in a bind. Look at Tim Scott’s response: he didn’t even try to argue against Biden’s policies. Instead he talked about the culture wars and, astonishingly, voting concerns. I suppose this is what the far right wants to talk about, but the nation does not. 

The Democrats electoral strategy for 2022 appears to be pretty solid: if they get these bills passed, they can claim the most successful and popular agenda in decades. If they are blocked, they will simply argue that Republicans are preventing them from doing what the public desires. What can the GOP offer in response? 
I don't disagree with your overall point, what Biden's doing is generally very popular, but the qualifier "among those who watched the speech" does a lot of work in those poll results.

I don't disagree with your overall point, what Biden's doing is generally very popular, but the qualifier "among those who watched the speech" does a lot of work in those poll results.
That’s true. 
But of course, it was a public yearning for returning to a time when you didn’t have to always hear about the President that helped get Biden elected in the first place. 

I'm sure with such a long, rambling speech he talked extensively about fixing the existential crisis at the southern border, right?  Plans to stop the sexual abuse of kids, plans to stop the massive flow of money to the cartels, plans to stop the concurrent massive flow of drugs?

I'm sure I just missed this part of it.

I'm sure with such a long, rambling speech he talked extensively about fixing the existential crisis at the southern border, right?  Plans to stop the sexual abuse of kids, plans to stop the massive flow of money to the cartels, plans to stop the concurrent massive flow of drugs?

Yes. He said that we need to have a comprehensive immigration plan. Short of that, we should at least agree to make the Dreamers permanent. 
An immigration plan that included a much wider acceptance of refugees would relieve quite a bit of the pressure on the border. A path to citizenship for those here without papers would be nice too. 

Yes. He said that we need to have a comprehensive immigration plan. Short of that, we should at least agree to make the Dreamers permanent. 
An immigration plan that included a much wider acceptance of refugees would relieve quite a bit of the pressure on the border. A path to citizenship for those here without papers would be nice too. 
Ah, so complete silence on the border.  Thanks.

It’s obvious that Biden’s immigration plan is to continue to break the law and let illegal immigration occur at will.   He can ignore it without any harm.  The liberal media will continue to cover for him.  Illegals are votes.  Who cares what kind of financial pressure it puts on this country.   

If you saw the hugging and grouping up by dems before the networks  started covering  the speech.   Tv light s go one everyone spreads out.

Pure theatre.   
When they were hugging and grouping indoors did they have masks on?

I don’t understand your problem with this behavior.

Every.  Single. One of them are vaccinated.  The masks are 100% pure theatre full stop.
The CDC recommendation is that even fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in close quarters.

Sure, they are probably all safe, but they are leading by example.

if they weren’t wearing masks the anti vaccine crowd would be “practice what you preach!”

I don’t see a problem. Seems like a silly point. 

The CDC recommendation is that even fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in close quarters.

Sure, they are probably all safe, but they are leading by example.

if they weren’t wearing masks the anti vaccine crowd would be “practice what you preach!”

I don’t see a problem. Seems like a silly point. 
Only because there is no way to police unvaccinated people in public indoors.  Which isn't following the science.

I don't care what the anti vaccine crowd says, not very smart running around doing things because you are worried about what they might say.

The point is a big one. Don't say follow the science, then turn around and not follow it. It's really simple - vaccinated people do not need to wear masks.  Then end, full stop.

Only because there is no way to police unvaccinated people in public indoors.  Which isn't following the science.

I don't care what the anti vaccine crowd says, not very smart running around doing things because you are worried about what they might say.

The point is a big one. Don't say follow the science, then turn around and not follow it. It's really simple - vaccinated people do not need to wear masks.  Then end, full stop.
You are right. You can’t police the unvaccinated. (Unless you are a public school district, I guess), but in general you just have to hope enough people get vaccinated to reach herd immunity.

Could you please post your source that says fully vaccinated people don’t need a mask? That seems to be at odds with the suggestions from the CDC:

CDC recommendations 

You are right. You can’t police the unvaccinated. (Unless you are a public school district, I guess), but in general you just have to hope enough people get vaccinated to reach herd immunity.

Could you please post your source that says fully vaccinated people don’t need a mask? That seems to be at odds with the suggestions from the CDC:

CDC recommendations 
The CDC is being overly, stupidly, cautious.  Even after they let that cat out of the bag:

"Our data from the CDC today suggests, you know, that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don`t get sick, and that it`s not just in the clinical trials but it`s also in real-world data,” Walensky said
Their own study confirmed what they knew from the vaccine trials.  Fauci and others made them back track out of their own data.  That's the definition of not following the science.  

Their own study confirmed what they knew from the vaccine trials.  Fauci and others made them back track out of their own data.  That's the definition of not following the science.  
Meh, if the worst thing you can say about how the Dems are handling covid is that they're being overly cautious with a virus that's killed nearly 600k Americans and still responsible for nearly 1000 deaths a day, then I'd say they're doing pretty good.

Early voting:

Georgia - 17 days

Massachusetts - 10 days

Delaware - none (some select polling sites 10 days)

No excuse Absentee voting:

Georgia - yes

Delaware - no  NY - no  CT - no

The media smear campaign over this law has reach ludicrous proportions.  

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread