What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

On the question of mask wearing, I feel pretty confident trusting an Internet expert like @tonydead over the advice of the CDC. 

ETA, actually, I would probably give tonydead’s arguments a little more consideration if he hadn’t begun urging people not to wear masks...about a year ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On the question of mask wearing, I feel pretty confident trusting an Internet expert like @tonydead over the advice of the CDC. 

ETA, actually, I would probably give tonydead’s arguments a little more consideration if he hadn’t begun urging people not to wear masks...about a year ago. 
What if I told you CNN said @tonydead was correct?  Would you believe it then?

You gave an unsupported opinion with no links.  Please provide links to support your position..
It was my opinion...but it was more a joke that your reply posted 6 times above.  And it was already the 2nd tim you replied to that post.

Its my opinion...there are no links...it was clearly an opinion.

The dandelion pick and give to his wife while sweet, seemed to me like a mentally challenged old man not knowing what a flower is.

Who gives their wife a dandelion?  Weird

In a move of hysterical xenophobia, POTUS Biden is enacting travel restrictions from India.
Trump calling for a "Muslim ban" was gross, ignorant stuff. Typical of Trump.

Trump calling for a travel ban from people coming in from China to curb spread of Corona virus is not a bad thing.

Trump calling for a travel ban from people coming in from China to curb spread of Corona virus is not a bad thing.
It's ALMOST like a uniqure narrative as been created devoid of reality and a bunch of caricature personalities to attack and project on to  :lmao:  Almost like an elaborate/creative form of projection.

The Biden quote was in reference to the China travel ban, not the "muslim ban".  Not sure why you're conflating the two.

The Biden quote was in reference to the China travel ban, not the "muslim ban".  Not sure why you're conflating the two.
I wasn’t sure which ban you were talking about so asked for clarification.

But to this banning travel from China. I disagree with the fact checking from that article as the author apparently disagrees with other sources fact checking.

I don’t know every politicians statements in this subject but I read Biden’s comments on this as noncommittal initially, but attacking Trump’s history (see Muslim ban even Republicans were like wtf on that, his comments on Mexicans, etc). He later commented saying he would have done it earlier and better which is what I would think is what people would have a problem with because it’s just kind of a funny thing to say, very Trumpian really :lol:

I wasn’t sure which ban you were talking about so asked for clarification.

But to this banning travel from China. I disagree with the fact checking from that article as the author apparently disagrees with other sources fact checking.

I don’t know every politicians statements in this subject but I read Biden’s comments on this as noncommittal initially, but attacking Trump’s history (see Muslim ban even Republicans were like wtf on that, his comments on Mexicans, etc). He later commented saying he would have done it earlier and better which is what I would think is what people would have a problem with because it’s just kind of a funny thing to say, very Trumpian really :lol:
And I would have definitely sold all my stocks on Feb 1, 2020.  These things are so easy in hindsight.   :P

And I would have definitely sold all my stocks on Feb 1, 2020.  These things are so easy in hindsight.   :P
Yup, like this guy  :lol:

Biden’s “Xenophobic” comments on this travel ban though from what I have read were pretty clear he was attacking Trump’s history and his going out of his way to call it the “China Virus”.

There is no doubt that the leader of the Free World is in cognitive decline.....almost hitting the bottom 
(of course...he was too during the 2020 campaign)

WARNING: this video contains content that is considered heresy to the Church of the Democrats.

In the Trump thread, @GoBirds pointed out that the new Biden spending plan includes removing the “step-up” valuation for large real estate transfers from parent to child upon death of the parent, which would result in greater taxation of these estates. 
GoBirds claims it will “destroy” these estates, which is going way overboard IMO, but it’s still a bad idea. What it WILL do is put tremendous pressure on the individual owners of these estates: pressure to sell to corporations or to take out huge mortgages in order to pay off the government. Neither of these will be good for the economy, particularly if the estate in question involves an existing business. 

I like most of Biden’s spending plan, but this and the capital gains tax are bad ideas. We’re going to need more taxation, that can’t be helped. But the Democrats, as usual, are going about it in the way most calculated to win them future elections: “don’t worry about we’ll tax the rich only, it won’t affect you.” It’s lazy and it sucks. NOBODY on either side of the political aisle is ever willing to tell the public, “we need to do this and there’s going to be a little pain for everyone but we need to do it.” There’s never an adult in the room. 

timschochet said:
In the Trump thread, @GoBirds pointed out that the new Biden spending plan includes removing the “step-up” valuation for large real estate transfers from parent to child upon death of the parent, which would result in greater taxation of these estates. 
GoBirds claims it will “destroy” these estates, which is going way overboard IMO, but it’s still a bad idea. What it WILL do is put tremendous pressure on the individual owners of these estates: pressure to sell to corporations or to take out huge mortgages in order to pay off the government. Neither of these will be good for the economy, particularly if the estate in question involves an existing business. 

I like most of Biden’s spending plan, but this and the capital gains tax are bad ideas. We’re going to need more taxation, that can’t be helped. But the Democrats, as usual, are going about it in the way most calculated to win them future elections: “don’t worry about we’ll tax the rich only, it won’t affect you.” It’s lazy and it sucks. NOBODY on either side of the political aisle is ever willing to tell the public, “we need to do this and there’s going to be a little pain for everyone but we need to do it.” There’s never an adult in the room. 
This real estate part is a natural extension of what began in the last tax bill in removing write offs for second residences.  That too was going to be the end of real estate.  Capital Gains needs to be restructured....have a large % taken out for less than X months in the market and the longer that investment is in the market, the smaller that rate gets.  If that still isn't palatable, then I'd propose an extra tax on algorithmic driven trades on our markets.  This notion that certain things in this country are "untouchable" for fear of a market adjustment are ridiculous.  It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.  

Biden indicates that his tax plan would have no person earning under 400k will pay a cent in income taxes.

I take everything back.  I love this guy.
Oh, cool!  I'm on board now too! :thumbup:

On a serious note, how can anyone deny this guy has dementia or some serious reduced cognitive abilities?  This dude isn't running our country - no way.  Someone(s) else is and we all should be concerned about this.

I think maybe it's time for the 25th?  Or maybe our MSM should be investigating this at the very least.

“Unity” Mitch at it again.  Well at least his comments today should shut the door on any talk from those on the right here that the GOP isn’t any different then the DEM’s on obstructionism.  Our government is officially broken (has been for almost 2 decades), leadership and compromise is dead.  

When is the American pubic going to wake up and demand more from all this deadwood partisan hackery in Congress? 

I think it starts when those in the middle stop taking the action of Mitch McConnell as a reason to blast "both sides".   
When you’re in the middle it’s really easy to see both sides are playing the same game.  The stated philosophies may be different but the results are the same. The problem is no one is looking to compromise and we can’t move forward with out it. Both side are 100% more concerned about the other side appearing to get a win then they are the results.  

When you’re in the middle it’s really easy to see both sides are playing the same game.  The stated philosophies may be different but the results are the same. The problem is no one is looking to compromise and we can’t move forward with out it. Both side are 100% more concerned about the other side appearing to get a win then they are the results.  
 I have lots of ways to respond but I can't think of any that would achieve the desired result of changing your (or any lurkers) site lines, your angles to share in the perspective that I enjoy.  Nor do I see any way your going to bring me to your section of the forest to see it your way.  So I think I'll say good night instead.    

I have lots of ways to respond but I can't think of any that would achieve the desired result of changing your (or any lurkers) site lines, your angles to share in the perspective that I enjoy.  Nor do I see any way your going to bring me to your section of the forest to see it your way.  So I think I'll say good night instead.    
Fair, though I’m always open to a good discussion should you change your mind. Either way, best to you and have a good night.  

After so many governments (at many levels) put impossible restrictions (many of them not supported by science in any way) on restaurants, it's the least they could do.

RIP to the places that are already no longer.
Oh yea, we can now go mask less if outside & alone.

Woopty do!

Horrible jobs report today.  Expected 1 million new jobs last month, only got 260k.  Unemployment rate rose for first time since early in the pandemic.  Biden's chief of staff says this proves the last relief bill wasn't enough.  And Biden comes out and blames Trump.  Ugh.

Horrible jobs report today.  Expected 1 million new jobs last month, only got 260k.  Unemployment rate rose for first time since early in the pandemic.  Biden's chief of staff says this proves the last relief bill wasn't enough.  And Biden comes out and blames Trump.  Ugh.
:rolleyes:

There is a reason states like Montana and SC are opting out of enhanced unemployment.  We have huge numbers of open jobs now, but people are incentivized in large part to stay home to collect these benefits.  This is exacerbated by 50% of schools still being closed, so childcare is a huge issue.  

All of which the administration could tackle, but they have chosen the illogical, but completely typical response of saying they don't have enough money and, you know, Trump.

The Psaki beatdown of the CDC director on school openings a few days ago was the death knell of science driving this response.  We're in political la la land.  Teachers unions are obviously way, way more important than the kids (and especially children of color). 

Open the schools, all of them, and rescind the perverse incentive to sit on the couch and collect big bucks.  Unemployment will keep diving if we do those two very simple things.

Users who are viewing this thread