What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (3 Viewers)

Biggest embarrassment of a President ever
That seems not to be the perception of those in many other countries...

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2021/06/10/americas-image-abroad-rebounds-with-transition-from-trump-to-biden/

America’s Image Abroad Rebounds With Transition From Trump to Bide

The election of Joe Biden as president has led to a dramatic shift in America’s international image. Throughout Donald Trump’s presidency, publics around the world held the United States in low regard, with most opposed to his foreign policies. This was especially true among key American allies and partners. Now, a new Pew Research Center survey of 16 publics finds a significant uptick in ratings for the U.S., with strong support for Biden and several of his major policy initiatives.

In each of the 16 publics surveyed, more than six-in-ten say they have confidence in Biden to do the right thing in world affairs. Looking at 12 nations surveyed both this year and in 2020, a median of 75% express confidence in Biden, compared with 17% for Trump last year.

[...]

I voted for him and will do so again if he is running against DJT.  Hell I would vote for a head of cabbage over Trump.
First, you said you did....then, you said you would do it again...twice.

We get it.

You voted for a cabbage head and would do it again if it ran against Trump.

...there's a syndrome named for that

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems not to be the perception of those in many other countries...

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2021/06/10/americas-image-abroad-rebounds-with-transition-from-trump-to-biden/

America’s Image Abroad Rebounds With Transition From Trump to Bide

The election of Joe Biden as president has led to a dramatic shift in America’s international image. Throughout Donald Trump’s presidency, publics around the world held the United States in low regard, with most opposed to his foreign policies. This was especially true among key American allies and partners. Now, a new Pew Research Center survey of 16 publics finds a significant uptick in ratings for the U.S., with strong support for Biden and several of his major policy initiatives.

In each of the 16 publics surveyed, more than six-in-ten say they have confidence in Biden to do the right thing in world affairs. Looking at 12 nations surveyed both this year and in 2020, a median of 75% express confidence in Biden, compared with 17% for Trump last year.

[...]
Well duh, easier to run over an incompetant guy who doesn't know where he is half the time.

As with so many political issues these days: 

We have the real world in which President Biden is meeting with NATO today, and our closest allies are breathing a sigh of relief because they are dealing with a competent person once again who is pledged to this nation’s international commitments and the current world order. In two days Biden is meeting with Putin and for the first time in 4 years, that murderous dictator will be confronted by an American leader who is not subservient and won’t be pushed around. 

And then we have the conservative fantasy world, a completely alternative reality, in which Biden is apparently senile and an idiot whom everyone laughs at and nobody respects. This is what happens when certain people reject the mainstream media. 
Is this where Joe challenges him to push-ups?  

Trump said if Ivanka weren't his daughter that he'd be dating her.  He also said that what they have most in common is sex.  He also has dozens of sexual assault allegations against him.  Spare me the outrage.
Are those of us that didn’t like Trump allowed to be upset with Biden or no? 
Because the only excuses I’ve seen on here from Biden guys are “Trump Trump Trump”

Are those of us that didn’t like Trump allowed to be upset with Biden or no? 
Because the only excuses I’ve seen on here from Biden guys are “Trump Trump Trump”
If you didn't say a thing then…criticism now runs hollow.  And the point is the most vocal now not only didn’t say anything then…they excused it.

If you don't say something now and are now silent....criticism runs hollow.   And the point is the most silent now not only don't say anything,..they excuse it.

If you didn't say a thing then…criticism now runs hollow.  And the point is the most vocal now not only didn’t say anything then…they excused it.
I made my thoughts on Donald clear on this forum numerous times. 
I didn’t go on the record every day of my life complaining about him like some here did.

Where do I stand on the “allowed to criticize Ol Joe” meter ?

As with so many political issues these days: 

We have the real world in which President Biden is meeting with NATO today, and our closest allies are breathing a sigh of relief because they are dealing with a competent person once again who is pledged to this nation’s international commitments and the current world order. In two days Biden is meeting with Putin and for the first time in 4 years, that murderous dictator will be confronted by an American leader who is not subservient and won’t be pushed around. 

And then we have the conservative fantasy world, a completely alternative reality, in which Biden is apparently senile and an idiot whom everyone laughs at and nobody respects. This is what happens when certain people reject the mainstream media. 
Biden talked tough on Russia on the campaign trail, but let's see if he actually lives up to it first. The jury is out. The results thus far have been underwhelming if we're measuring him to his campaign rhetoric, but the game is just beginning and I cannot conclude definitively one way or the other just yet. The situation is dynamic. Let's hold off on any solid conclusions in order to draw accurate interpretations when the time comes.

The video of this was sad to watch. Boris Johnson looked at Biden like "Come on man"

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was seen correcting US President Joe Biden at the G7 summit.

Biden wrongly suggested Johnson hadn't introduced South African President Cyril Ramaphosa.

The UK prime minister twice waved away the president's interruptions.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was seen correcting US President Joe Biden at this weekend's G7 summit in England after the president interrupted him to wrongly suggest that Johnson had failed to introduce South Africa's president at a roundtable of world leaders.

The UK prime minister welcomed Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi via video link and then introduced South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, who joined the leaders of the G7 grouping, which consists of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, and the US.

"And the president of South Africa," Biden added to Johnson.

"And the president of South Africa, as I said earlier on," Johnson replied.

"Oh, you did," Biden said.

"I did, I certainly did," Johnson said back to Biden.

You're out of your element, Joe....
The opposite of the truth. Biden has had decades of experience working with NATO and the G7 countries. It’s probably safe to say that no previous President has ever been better prepared for foreign policy discussions. 

Oh....my...GOD!!!!

THIS is our "leader"??

Just look at this rock of stability and strength in his pre-fight interview!
Seriously...if YOU were squaring off against this guy....would you be worried?

I'm betting that I could leave the room with his lunch money and an IOU

The opposite of the truth. Biden has had decades of experience working with NATO and the G7 countries. It’s probably safe to say that no previous President has ever been better prepared for foreign policy discussions. 
And then there’s Russia. Biden has been heavily involved in every major agreement with the Russians over the last 50 years. No major American figure has got more experience dealing with the Russians. 

Joe Montana has years and years of experience as a QB.  He still wouldn't be a good QB in 2021.  The skills and mind slow down over time.

Joe Montana has years and years of experience as a QB.  He still wouldn't be a good QB in 2021.  The skills and mind slow down over time.
I firmly believe that If NFL football was only a mental contest, and not a physical one, Joe Montana would be an elite QB to this very day. So your analogy really doesn’t work IMO. 

In any case I’ve been paying attention to what Biden has been saying and doing- not his gaffes  (which he’s been infamous for for decades now) but the nuts and bolts of his speeches and actions, and it’s everything I could want: a return to America’s international leadership role. If you want to disagree and explain why that’s bad, let’s have that discussion, But the competence argument is silly at this point. 

They will be saying, “But Trump!” until the day they die.  Maybe even a few days afterwards.
I am old enough to remember the last four years when everything was Obama's fault.

Look every time there is a new president his supporters are going to blame everything on the last president.  This is nothing new and the cycle repeats itself regardless of which party has control of the White House.

I firmly believe that If NFL football was only a mental contest, and not a physical one, Joe Montana would be an elite QB to this very day. So your analogy really doesn’t work IMO. 

In any case I’ve been paying attention to what Biden has been saying and doing- not his gaffes  (which he’s been infamous for for decades now) but the buts and bolts of his speeches and actions, and it’s everything I could want: a return to America’s international leadership role. If you want to disagree and explain why that’s bad, let’s have that discussion, But the competence argument is silly at this point. 
Like many have been trying to tell you in explaining why they don't debate with you, you don't get to tell anyone what discussion they must have and what points they must leave out to satisfy you.  His lack of competence is important to others whether you like it or not.

And then there’s Russia. Biden has been heavily involved in every major agreement with the Russians over the last 50 years. No major American figure has got more experience dealing with the Russians. 
Yes he has,  but experience does not automatically imply competence & at this stage I have no faith in his mental abilities.   

Like many have been trying to tell you in explaining why they don't debate with you, you don't get to tell anyone what discussion they must have and what points they must leave out to satisfy you.  His lack of competence is important to others whether you like it or not.
Oh feel free to discuss whatever you want. Just realize that when you attack Biden’s competence the facts aren’t on your side. It’s a losing argument. 

Not true. I think Biden is doing an excellent job on his own without comparison needed. 
Biden allowing an attack on our infrastrucure gives him a failing grade.   Joe of 20 years ago wouldnt have said go ahead and pay a ransom.

Millions for defense, not a damned penny for tribute.

-charles pickney

Oh feel free to discuss whatever you want. Just realize that when you attack Biden’s competence the facts aren’t on your side. It’s a losing argument. 
 “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

Biden allowing an attack on our infrastrucure gives him a failing grade.   Joe of 20 years ago wouldnt have said go ahead and pay a ransom.

Millions for defense, not a damned penny for tribute.

-charles pickney
These attacks are nothing new and neither is paying off the hackers.  It has been going on for years.   It is a big problem and is a big security vulnerability.   The last couple of administrations didn't do enough to address it, let's hope the current administration does much better.

For the amount of money we over spend on defense,  we aren't spending enough to protect us from cyber attacks.

These attacks are nothing new and neither is paying off the hackers.  It has been going on for years.   It is a big problem and is a big security vulnerability.   The last couple of administrations didn't do enough to address it, let's hope the current administration does much better.

For the amount of money we over spend on defense,  we aren't spending enough to protect us from cyber attacks.
cripes the government cannot even stop robocalls.

timschochet said:
Are you a medical doctor that specializes in this sort of analysis? Can you produce a non-partisan medical expert willing to make this sort of diagnosis? 
I don't need to be.

My observation > one of your many blind spots.

timschochet said:
That’s a swell one liner but it’s just not true. Biden has given several press briefings since he’s flown to Europe. His answers to questions have been sharp, intelligent, and precise. Why don’t you and others stop with this nonsense? 
There are I don't know how many clips where this is simply not the case.  

I'm not here to argue he's unfit.  But to act like he's speaking perfectly everytime out there is far from accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread