What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (3 Viewers)

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1408135017973354500?s=20

This guy should be racing people on a Rascal down at some retirement home in Florida.
I saw the entire press conference and it was a joke. Like "I'm going to let you in on a little secret." I smiled. Unlike the last guy he has a sense of humor and everything isn't how great he and he alone is. Then immediately realized that some would use it as "proof" of senility or something.  What a shame. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oof what an embarrassment. At least we don’t have a mean man tweeting nasty things
Some of us are embarrassed when the people that supposedly represent us say mean and nasty things.  I was never embarrassed when my Grandmother started losing her cognitive abilities - I took it for what it was, aging.  Biden shouldn’t be President because he’s old - Trump should have never been President because he was totally unqualified in so many ways but mainly because he didn’t represent us, he represented himself.

Thank God he came after Trump and had such a low bar to clear.  He projects no strength and inspires no confidence, and at times like this he’s downright embarrassing.
I agree with basically all of this.   Trump was a crazy low bar.  Biden was a horrible candidate and is a weak president.  My hope is that, much like Reagan was shielded from his worsening dementia in his 2nd term, Biden's advisers will keep him from doing real damage.

I agree with basically all of this.   Trump was a crazy low bar.  Biden was a horrible candidate and is a weak president.  My hope is that, much like Reagan was shielded from his worsening dementia in his 2nd term, Biden's advisers will keep him from doing real damage.
I stated before.  I voted for Biden over Trump and would again today.   Does that make me feel any better about Biden now?   Not at all.  Biden was the "beat Trump" at any cost canidate and it worked.

Biden is the POTUS and is not going anywhere.   Trump is long gone.   Yet those who voted for him can admit that something aint right with Biden. It is just old age syndrome?  I think it is a big part of it.  Plus the demands of the job at close to 80 years old.  The job ages young men like Clinton. and Obama in dog years.

I thought "The whisperer" routing was a joke at first but it was not.  Even late night TV jumped all over that one and it takes a lot for them to mock Biden for anything.

I think the tide turned on Biden after the G7. The establishment knows they can't protect him for 3.5 more years and have to prepare for the next step.
They needed to keep him more secluded like the first couple of months.  The more exposure Biden is getting the worse he looks.

Again the man is pushing 80 so I do attribute it to Father Time and having a tough job but where will he be at 82?  That has to be a concern.  Just a puppet signing off on everything?

They needed to keep him more secluded like the first couple of months.  The more exposure Biden is getting the worse he looks.

Again the man is pushing 80 so I do attribute it to Father Time and having a tough job but where will he be at 82?  That has to be a concern.  Just a puppet signing off on everything?
Well, that’s basically what Reagan was his entire 2nd term.  So yeah, it could happen.

No disagreement.  The visibility and stakes are higher now.  

Of course, some people still fail to admit or acknowledge that Reagan had dementia while in office at all, so maybe Biden fan boys can do the same.
Reagan was well before my time but watching some old videos he did seem to have something going on.  Harris and his staff had to cringe when Biden started whispering into the mike. It was bizarre behavior to say the least.

Reagan was well before my time but watching some old videos he did seem to have something going on.  Harris and his staff had to cringe when Biden started whispering into the mike. It was bizarre behavior to say the least.
At least Reagan surrounded himself with people who were aligned with his agenda. So when Reagan lost capacity and "delegated" to those subordinates, the American voters were still effectively getting who they voted for.

In contrast, with each passing day Biden becomes just a tool for the Progressives. Anyone who voted for the "moderate, bi-partisan" Biden (vs. Trump) has been now bait and switched into supporting the extreme left tax, spend and social welfare agenda. Not what they voted for.

At least Reagan surrounded himself with people who were aligned with his agenda. So when Reagan lost capacity and "delegated" to those subordinates, the American voters were still effectively getting who they voted for.

In contrast, with each passing day Biden becomes just a tool for the Progressives. Anyone who voted for the "moderate, bi-partisan" Biden (vs. Trump) has been now bait and switched into supporting the extreme left tax, spend and social welfare agenda. Not what they voted for.
Your rhetoric here is a little extreme, and Biden isn’t a tool for anyone, but it is true that his policies have moved a little to the left in recent months. The changes to the economy caused by the pandemic made this necessary. But there are still very significant differences between his agenda and that of a Bernie or AOC. 
Almost everything Biden is pushing fit is supposed by the majority of the public. By definition therefore it cannot be regarded as extreme. 

jplvr said:
https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1408135017973354500?s=20

This guy should be racing people on a Rascal down at some retirement home in Florida.
Disregarding the really creepy "they'll listen if I speak really, really softly" thing, a guy who's never had a private sector job and been in politics 68 years really comes off as tone deaf when he tells business owners to raise wages.  Good grief.

At least he got one thing right this week - we have indeed lost more people to Covid than in our war with Iran.  Well, it's true!  Congrats on nailing that one, Joe.

Disregarding the really creepy "they'll listen if I speak really, really softly" thing, a guy who's never had a private sector job and been in politics 68 years really comes off as tone deaf when he tells business owners to raise wages.  Good grief.

At least he got one thing right this week - we have indeed lost more people to Covid than in our war with Iran.  Well, it's true!  Congrats on nailing that one, Joe.
The whole “he never worked in the private sector” argument lost any power it ever had over the last 4 years. 

Almost everything Biden is pushing fit is supposed by the majority of the public. By definition therefore it cannot be regarded as extreme. 
Joe has even given a way to pay for what he wants. Tax the people making over 400k. No reason not to do it for most Americans. 

We appear weak in the eyes of the world.  Russia and China approve.

Even if fleeting, but I'm surprised to see a whole new group of people now concerned with our world standing.  That's a positive...for now.

It still comes off as condescending and trite given the messenger.  Sorry, but guys on the government teat for 50 years telling business how to stay in business is hysterical.

BTW, did we win the war with Iran?  
No it really doesn’t. 

Even if fleeting, but I'm surprised to see a whole new group of people now concerned with our world standing.  That's a positive...for now.
I don’t know if it’s such a positive. I’m trying to think of an example of when the argument “we look weak before the world!” ever produced a positive result. I can’t come up with one. 

I don’t know if it’s such a positive. I’m trying to think of an example of when the argument “we look weak before the world!” ever produced a positive result. I can’t come up with one. 
what you wrote and what I wrote are different.  

Link

First I’ve hear of it, but it’s spot on.  I voted for Biden because he advertised himself as a Moderate.  He is more left leaning than I am comfortable with.
OK I get that. But progressive who voted for Biden expect some sort of acknowledge towards their issues as well.

We lost it when Trump stupidly ended the deal that Obama’s team put together. 
Ranks right up there with "COVID couldn't have possibly originated in a Chinese lab" as the worst lie that the MSM has foisted on the general public.  Trump-hate made manifest.

It is somewhat terrifying to think that our POTUS believes that we are in a war with Iran, though.  That kind of confusion is incredibly dangerous.

@timschochet  Sounds like a great question for you based on your above comment.  Perhaps another debate here this time with Sho.  We can all evaluate Joe moving left or not.
I already discussed this in another thread. Biden has moved to the left in terms of policy. Several of the items in his spending proposal are beyond what he campaigned on. 
That being said, he is not on a level with leftists like Bernie or AOC. And I think his proposals make sense given the changes to our society and economy wrought by the pandemic. 

But the media does.  Visceral, smoldering hate.  And they used the bully pulpit of the fourth estate to decry literally every action he took.  Obviously this was a big one, so the wailing and gnashing of teeth was particularly loud.
I don’t believe the media hates Trump at all. Certain journalists might, but the media as a whole have paid more attention to Donald Trump than any other single public figure in American history, to their immense profit. On this subject I agree with Trump 100%: he made the media billions, and now that he’s out they’re losing tons of ratings. Media executives are praying to their dark gods that he runs again. And better yet, wins again. 

Users who are viewing this thread