What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

Who is celebrating anything?

Covid is on the rise due to the Delta variant and the unwillingness of a large segment of the adult population (not just Republicans) refusing the to get vaccinated.  The vaccines are readily available though so that is not a failing of the administration IMO.  I would like to see a vaccine for children developed ASAP.

I am not attributing this to Biden but the economy is quite strong.  Quarterly GDP was 6.5% for Q2 and rising and unemployment has dropped every single month except for June where it went up only 0.1% from 5.9% in May to 5.8%.  I expect these numbers to drop further.

Inflation is higher than it has been in 15 years which is a concern but not wholly unexpected considering the pandemic.   We will have to see what happens over the next year or two.

The illegal immigration situation is a mess as it has been for decades.  I expected Biden to do better and frankly I am disappointed in this administration's handling of it.  IMO this is by far his worst grade.

Overall I give Joe a C- which is a huge improvement over Trump who I consider a narcissistic wannabe dictator and the most dangerous American politician in my lifetime.

Pretty much this.  

The vaccine rollout was celebrated for what it was...it was done well and got to that point which anyone who wanted one could easily get one.  The messaging clear from the top down that people should get the thing.

The rest...very much what you are saying here.

Woah woah woah..Hang on.  When I mentioned that Biden failed to reach the 70% vaccination rates, you guys threw back at me a bunch of phooey about how thats a national rate and you really need to look at the areas with no participation where it's low and THATS why the numbers are down.

So now.....I'm getting national numbers

Look I get it....You blame republicans.  No comment on Biden's failure to engage the minority population.  Fair enough.  
I didn't throw anything back at you about national versus regional rates.  I don't remember anyone else doing so either, but I admit I could have ignored it (literally as in posters on ignore, or figuratively as in read it and didn't give it credence).

The comment is that the disparity in racial vaccination isn't nearly as significant as you're making it out to be.  Frankly, a 5% disparity between white/black seems fairly low, especially given our nation's history of vaccinations re: the black community.

There is one particular group that does have a great disparity, yet you consistently ignore that group.

I didn't throw anything back at you about national versus regional rates.  I don't remember anyone else doing so either, but I admit I could have ignored it (literally as in posters on ignore, or figuratively as in read it and didn't give it credence).

The comment is that the disparity in racial vaccination isn't nearly as significant as you're making it out to be.  Frankly, a 5% disparity between white/black seems fairly low, especially given our nation's history of vaccinations re: the black community.

There is one particular group that does have a great disparity, yet you consistently ignore that group.
No I don't.  I consistently say it isnt ONLY republicans..which you like to remind everyone of, always.  In Detroit, the vaccination rate among blacks over 16, is 40%.  What is Biden doing with this?

In NY? The black vaccination rate is 31%.   But sure, keep blaming republicans.  Good plan.

Not to mention, the new mask mandates?  RACIST!  I swear liberals can't get out of their own way at times.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-minorities-could-become-collateral-damage-in-ny-cs-new-vaccine-policy-211758935.html

And back to the question, what is Biden doing about any of this?  Nothing?  Ok check. That's what I say too.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don't.  I consistently say it isnt ONLY republicans..which you like to remind everyone of, always.

And back to the question, what is Biden doing about any of this?  Nothing?  Ok check. That's what I say too.
It isn't ONLY Republicans.  It is largely, to the point of being the single largest group and the group with the largest discrepancy, Republicans that are refusing to get vaccinated.  What is Biden doing?  Begging them to get vaccinated.  Directing federal employment agencies to require vaccinations as a condition of employment (Q/MAGA throws a fit).  Directing federal agencies to impose mask mandates because not enough people are vaccinated (Q/MAGA throws a fit).  Considered door-to-door vaccination education campaign (Q/MAGA throws a fit).  Granting federal money to vaccination education efforts.  Again, the point is that literally ANYTHING Biden's administration can do or has done to mitigate, the Q/MAGA crowd throws a fit and rants against the mitigation.

I'll say it again.  The Q/MAGA crowd has one and only one solution in mind; hope and pray for a magical ending.  I'm sorry, but that isn't going to happen.  There is one and only one way out of this; get people vaccinated.  That's it.  That's the plan.  But that crowd refuses to get on board.

It isn't ONLY Republicans.  It is largely, to the point of being the single largest group and the group with the largest discrepancy, Republicans that are refusing to get vaccinated.  What is Biden doing?  Begging them to get vaccinated.  Directing federal employment agencies to require vaccinations as a condition of employment (Q/MAGA throws a fit).  Directing federal agencies to impose mask mandates because not enough people are vaccinated (Q/MAGA throws a fit).  Considered door-to-door vaccination education campaign (Q/MAGA throws a fit).  Granting federal money to vaccination education efforts.  Again, the point is that literally ANYTHING Biden's administration can do or has done to mitigate, the Q/MAGA crowd throws a fit and rants against the mitigation.

I'll say it again.  The Q/MAGA crowd has one and only one solution in mind; hope and pray for a magical ending.  I'm sorry, but that isn't going to happen.  There is one and only one way out of this; get people vaccinated.  That's it.  That's the plan.  But that crowd refuses to get on board.
I understand, I really do, that you blame republicans completely for this.  I'm going to go ahead and move on.  Thanks

I understand, I really do, that you blame republicans completely for this.  I'm going to go ahead and move on.  Thanks
Except you don't move on.  Tomorrow you'll ask "What is Biden doing to mitigate COVID!!?!?!!" and then ignore everything that he tries to do and Republicans shoot down, same as yesterday, same as today.  You seem to have no grasp of the fact that Biden (or anyone else) can't just wave a magic wand and make it disappear.  The American people need to help, and a significant subset of those people are not only not helping, they are actively working against a solution.

Except you don't move on.  Tomorrow you'll ask "What is Biden doing to mitigate COVID!!?!?!!" and then ignore everything that he tries to do and Republicans shoot down, same as yesterday, same as today.  You seem to have no grasp of the fact that Biden (or anyone else) can't just wave a magic wand and make it disappear.  The American people need to help, and a significant subset of those people are not only not helping, they are actively working against a solution.
Im moving on from the covid. I'm incredibly sorry this upsets you and I truly wish I could help, but I cant.  There were other issues and I was going to move on to those.  I fully, completely and totally understand your point, 100%....... with no doubt you feel how you do.  And thank you very much for your thoughts on this matter.

Who is celebrating anything?

Covid is on the rise due to the Delta variant and the unwillingness of a large segment of the adult population (not just Republicans) refusing the to get vaccinated.  The vaccines are readily available though so that is not a failing of the administration IMO.  I would like to see a vaccine for children developed ASAP.

I am not attributing this to Biden but the economy is quite strong.  Quarterly GDP was 6.5% for Q2 and rising and unemployment has dropped every single month except for June where it went up only 0.1% from 5.9% in May to 5.8%.  I expect these numbers to drop further.

Inflation is higher than it has been in 15 years which is a concern but not wholly unexpected considering the pandemic.   We will have to see what happens over the next year or two.

The illegal immigration situation is a mess as it has been for decades.  I expected Biden to do better and frankly I am disappointed in this administration's handling of it.  IMO this is by far his worst grade.

Overall I give Joe a C- which is a huge improvement over Trump who I consider a narcissistic wannabe dictator and the most dangerous American politician in my lifetime.
I'm not sure if that was a joke post or what,  but the left is celebrating Biden being President.  That's what I meant.

All those black folks refusing to get vaccinated are in the Q/MAGA crowd now?  Neat

You mean that massive difference between 70% vaccinated whites and 65% vaccinated blacks?  How does that compare to 86% vaccinated Democrats and 54% vaccinated Republicans?

More to the point, beyond "increase vaccinations", which of those other potential mitigation strategies that I listed is the Q/MAGA crowd on board with?
Oh by the way?  These numbers don't match yours.   Interesting.  Probably republican's fault for this too somehow.

And CDC data shows a similarly worrying trend nationally: Just 25% of Black Americans are fully vaccinated nationwide, well below virtually every other ethnicity. A number of observers have pointed out that NYC's policy could result in minorities being inadvertently shut out of public life, based on their resistance to inoculation.

Here's the link again:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-minorities-could-become-collateral-damage-in-ny-cs-new-vaccine-policy-211758935.html

I'm reading this as If all the MAGA crowd got vaccinated, covid would no longer be an issue. Once again, it's all their fault. We can just ignore the black vaccination rates, it's those darn republicans again!!!

I've been pretty clear that I blame all that don't get vaccinated:  Republican, Democrat, Independents, tough people, sissy people, people that climb on rocks.

I don't think Covid would go away entirely but we would be in a much better place than we are now.

I've been pretty clear that I blame all that don't get vaccinated:  Republican, Democrat, Independents, tough people, sissy people, people that climb on rocks.

I don't think Covid would go away entirely but we would be in a much better place than we are now.
I do as well.  It seems however that many here, the majority, blame the current status as being a republican problem.

Oh by the way?  These numbers don't match yours.   Interesting.  Probably republican's fault for this too somehow.

And CDC data shows a similarly worrying trend nationally: Just 25% of Black Americans are fully vaccinated nationwide, well below virtually every other ethnicity. A number of observers have pointed out that NYC's policy could result in minorities being inadvertently shut out of public life, based on their resistance to inoculation.

Here's the link again:

It's a good question why the statistics in that link don't match the statistics in the KFF study (that your link links to, by the way).  Something about the "CDC data" the Yahoo article links to doesn't add up, and I don't have time to suss it out at the moment.  According to that link (https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographics-trends), no racial group is above 50% for even one shot, yet both "male" and "female" are above 55%.  Obviously, that's mathematically impossible.

Link I used: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-july-2021/

Also from your link: "At least 40% of those who would wait and see about getting a vaccine are minorities, while those who definitely will not are overwhelmingly White, per KFF."

It's a good question why the statistics in that link don't match the statistics in the KFF study (that your link links to, by the way).  Something about the "CDC data" the Yahoo article links to doesn't add up, and I don't have time to suss it out at the moment.  According to that link (https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographics-trends), no racial group is above 50% for even one shot, yet both "male" and "female" are above 55%.  Obviously, that's mathematically impossible.

Link I used: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-july-2021/

Also from your link: "At least 40% of those who would wait and see about getting a vaccine are minorities, while those who definitely will not are overwhelmingly White, .

Also from your link: "At least 40% of those who would wait and see about getting a vaccine are minorities, while those who definitely will not are overwhelmingly White, per KFF."
Oh goodness.   This is a tough one.  Your link is polling data, and your 65% is one shot, not a full vaccination.  And you wonder why the data doesn;t match.

Oh my.  This is just...I don't know.   I don't even know what to say here.   I should have expected it I guess.  MAGA At all costs I suppose.  I knew it was better to move on so..I am really moving on now.  I just can't keep doing this.  Good luck.

Oh goodness.   This is a tough one.  Your link is polling data, and your 65% is one shot, not a full vaccination.  And you wonder why the data doesn;t match.

Oh my.  This is just...I don't know.   I don't even know what to say here.   I should have expected it I guess.  MAGA At all costs I suppose.  I knew it was better to move on so..I am really moving on now.  I just can't keep doing this.  Good luck.
So...  go ahead and explain how no racial group in your link is above 48%, yet overall we're above 55%?  I'm no mathematician (oh wait, yes I am), but that seems impossible.

Here's the link again:

The numbers don't seem to be adding up.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographics-trends

Supposedly 50% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated but no race has more than 41% fully vaccinated.

That article you shared looks like another example in the trend that some people pay attention to and others ignore.  They focus on the effect that proof of vax will have on minorities, rather than all people, and end up defending an awkward position as a result.  (I got the vax, and now I will have ADEs in the future, but I say require proof if that's what we need to function normally.  Those who don't want the vax can make that choice.

The numbers don't seem to be adding up.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographics-trends

Supposedly 50% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated but no race has more than 41% fully vaccinated.

That article you shared looks like another example in the trend that some people pay attention to and others ignore.  They focus on the effect that proof of vax will have on minorities, rather than all people, and end up defending an awkward position as a result.  (I got the vax, and now I will have ADEs in the future, but I say require proof if that's what we need to function normally.  Those who don't want the vax can make that choice.
OMG  Guys.  Please   Read the darn charts will you?  IT says, in the first chart, only 63% of people reported their ethnicity.  

See what I mean?  I have a mathematician who cant even read a chart and I have to do this?  ARGHHHHHHHHH

OMG  Guys.  Please   Read the darn charts will you?  IT says, in the first chart, only 63% of people reported their ethnicity.  

See what I mean?  I have a mathematician who cant even read a chart and I have to do this?  ARGHHHHHHHHH
OK, well maybe the 37% of people who don't report their ethnicity are mostly black.  That means blacks aren't the least cooperative vaccine group, they're actually the most cooperative.

That was my point!  Your data is incomplete and therefore can't be cited as definitive!

OK, well maybe the 37% of people who don't report their ethnicity are mostly black.  That means blacks aren't the least cooperative vaccine group, they're actually the most cooperative.
Well there is someone that at least understands data.  Cause that can be possible.  Are you a mathematician?

MAGA haters ignore this
I'm a MAGA hater who completely recognizes both the clownshow that has been the Republican leadership and the reluctance of blacks to get government-administered vaccinations. It's not a mutually exclusive thing, but thanks for the straw man that didn't break the camel's back. 

As I said.  You are 100% correct.  Polling data is way better!!!
I think it's likely better if I don't engage you further in this or other threads.  You're obviously a smart guy and capable of intelligent debate.  It just seems to me that you prefer a style where you try to make other posters guess what you mean then criticize when they guess wrong.

Your post was the title of the song and I thought a sophisticated fella such as yourself would appreciate an award winning music video.
Sir, you win the internet. My mistake -- I was clearly missing the point. It was well received as I appreciate good music set to hilarious and titillating visual arts. So it was cool even divorced from the original intent. 

I mean I'm not gonna use the word "suck"  I wanted to list a few things I have not been happy about.

But if anyone voted for Biden, tell me why you are happy.  I promise this isn't a fish and I am not going to counter what you say, I'm interested in what some folks see as good with this admin.

And the "He's not Trump" argument to me is a weak one.  If that's all you got though, so be it.  

I didn't want Biden to be President but definitely voted for him as the far superior option.

Anyway, you can't say "why are you happy" and then not allow someone to answer "because he's not Trump" - many of us voted for him exactly for that reason. 

Although personally my happiness isn't dependent on politicians so it's kind of moot anyway - I was happy the last 4 years - I'll be happy these next 4 years and the 4 after that until I'm dead.  Or at least I'll try to be.

small exert from the story:

Morgan provided Secrets with several photos of migrants jammed under a bridge near the McAllen, Texas, processing station. He said that one agent told him, “It’s nuts. There are 4,000 people under that bridge. We’ve had storms. They were outside ...100 degrees outside.”

Others told him that there are few or no showers and toilets available for the migrants, a situation that during the Trump years resulted in a parade of lawmakers and media outlets going to the border to decry the conditions there.

“We were eviscerated day after day,” said Morgan. “Where are they now? The hypocrisy and double standard is undeniable. And the difference is we were doing everything we could to stop the flow while the Biden administration continues to encourage, incentivize and facilitate the flow of illegal migrants,” he added.

The crush is also bringing new fears of COVID-19 to border towns. In McAllen alone, he said, 7,000 migrants who had tested positive were released.

small exert from the story:

Morgan provided Secrets with several photos of migrants jammed under a bridge near the McAllen, Texas, processing station. He said that one agent told him, “It’s nuts. There are 4,000 people under that bridge. We’ve had storms. They were outside ...100 degrees outside.”

Others told him that there are few or no showers and toilets available for the migrants, a situation that during the Trump years resulted in a parade of lawmakers and media outlets going to the border to decry the conditions there.

“We were eviscerated day after day,” said Morgan. “Where are they now? The hypocrisy and double standard is undeniable. And the difference is we were doing everything we could to stop the flow while the Biden administration continues to encourage, incentivize and facilitate the flow of illegal migrants,” he added.

The crush is also bringing new fears of COVID-19 to border towns. In McAllen alone, he said, 7,000 migrants who had tested positive were released.
It was never about the kids in cages.

I mean I'm not gonna use the word "suck"  I wanted to list a few things I have not been happy about.

But if anyone voted for Biden, tell me why you are happy.  I promise this isn't a fish and I am not going to counter what you say, I'm interested in what some folks see as good with this admin.

And the "He's not Trump" argument to me is a weak one.  If that's all you got though, so be it.  
Not being Trump would be the number one for anyone in there. Don't see this being a weak argument, Trump was a very poor president. His role in undermining the election is the cherry on top of his disfunction sundae. 

I definitely wouldn't want another SC judge being selected by the same guy.

Same goes for judges down the line.

Biden has some EV plans I liked.

Generally prefer the Dems platforms.

Users who are viewing this thread