What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

And the difference is we were doing everything we could to stop the flow while the Biden administration continues to encourage, incentivize and facilitate the flow of illegal migrants,” he added.
Duh. This is why there’s no media coverage. Like Tim, they want it. 

Job report...good job Joe.  Build Back Better.  
At this pace, all jobs lost during the pandemic would be gained by Feb 2022. Delta variant is a concern, but so far it may not affect the economy very much.  Joe is an alpha president, at least his policies are perceived as positive by the market. Long term inflation is still a concern.

LOL.  He's at his house in Delaware and wore a tan suit to troll Fox/Gateway Pundit.  It worked.   Since there's no travel pool when the President isn't in the White House or travelling, they called a lid on the travel pool at noon.  

Big news!

For those of us that don't subscribe to right wing conspiracy sites, you should probably fill in some context here.

Well, when you get all your information from left wing conspiracy sites you wouldn't hear about it.  :shrug:  

They still have got you guys hyperventilating over Trump - more than 6 months after the election.

Back-handed digs are fun!  Let's do more of this!  :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when you get all your information from left wing conspiracy sites you wouldn't hear about it.  :shrug:  

They still have got you guys hyperventilating over Trump - more than 6 months after the election.

Back-handed digs are fun!  Let's do more of this!  :doh:
Or we could all just post links rather than type vague things with no context

Or you could post responses to posts that you've actually read and understand the context.
:shrug:

I am curious when people post things. I don't think it is too much to ask all of us to provide a link or context to a post when unless you read the exact same webpage or twitter feed of the OP, you would have no idea what they were talking about.

And also - @Max Power doesn't need you to defend him. He is a very capable and solid dude

I was asking if people had info on the rumor and fish provided some additional context. 

Joe Biden calling a lid before noon with everything currently going on doesn't fill me with confidence.

Joe Biden did not return from Delaware today and we have had consecutive days with no public events and early press lids. We have no further guidance on POTUS’s movements for the rest of the week.
— Amber Athey (@amber_athey) August 9, 2021

The president who spent the weekend at his home in Wilmington, DE will remain there today with no public events and no press briefing today. A bit of August vacation.
— Kelly O'Donnell (@KellyO) August 9, 2021

Meanwhile the Senate is about to vote on the bipartisan infrastructure bill, which is a huge accomplishment given how hard Biden pushed for it. 

It's only step one. The House is next. 

Ol' Joe continuing to get #### done.  :thumbup:

Meanwhile the Senate is about to vote on the bipartisan infrastructure bill, which is a huge accomplishment given how hard Biden pushed for it. 

I don't think voting on or even passing legislation should be regarded as a huge accomplishment.  It will take time to assess and judge whatever results from the bill.  What parts of the infrastructure bill are you optimistic about?

I don't think voting on or even passing legislation should be regarded as a huge accomplishment.  It will take time to assess and judge whatever results from the bill.  What parts of the infrastructure bill are you optimistic about?
Regardless of the specifics of the bill, I think passing a bipartisan bill of this magnitude in todays political climate is by itself a huge accomplishment. 

As for the bill the parts I like the most are roads and bridges, broadband, the electric grid, and charging stations for electric vehicles. 

Regardless of the specifics of the bill, I think passing a bipartisan bill of this magnitude in todays political climate is by itself a huge accomplishment. 

As for the bill the parts I like the most are roads and bridges, broadband, the electric grid, and charging stations for electric vehicles. 
All of those things sound good, but without specific details it is hard to make a fair analysis.  Road and bridge improvements will likely involve a lot of waste and corrupt contracts but will still be a positive use of public money.  Does broadband involve making wifi free everywhere cause I support that.  I read an interesting article a few years ago that highlighted a key time in the development of the internet when the government squandered the opportunity for us to have such a nice thing.  Subsidizing charging stations for EV sounds bad, given that the development of EV batteries and practicality of charging indicates that the bulk of charging will happen at home.  All of the current EV charging companies are losing money and some are outright scams.

With Congress' record over last decade, imma go ahead and disagree.
They passed the Cares Act which was a boon for scammers and thieves, and I suspect it will only worsen the wealth disparity for years to come.  The SBA made the PPP information public.  I enjoyed seeing who from my hometown took money.

They passed the Cares Act which was a boon for scammers and thieves, and I suspect it will only worsen the wealth disparity for years to come.  The SBA made the PPP information public.  I enjoyed seeing who from my hometown took money.
And there will be waste and someone will scam some highway repair money, and on and on. 

Our infrastructure is in a terrible state, and we can fix stuff while knowing some people will take advantage, or we can watch more bridges collapse. 

So you didn't like my ayn rand idea?

Huge win for Biden.  Amazing he was able to pull this off given the atmosphere up there and Trump doing his grifting on the sidelines

And there will be waste and someone will scam some highway repair money, and on and on. 

Our infrastructure is in a terrible state, and we can fix stuff while knowing some people will take advantage, or we can watch more bridges collapse. 
Oh, I agree that bridges and roads should be a top priority.  Even though the corruption and waste will be costly, some of the money will reach the lowest level and productively employ people in improving everyone's quality of life.  But that issue should be voted on by itself.  The politicians cram multiple things into one bill for their own benefit, not ours.  Why do we allow this?  

The CARES Act was a bipartisan debacle, IMO.  The vast majority of the companies that took money did not need it.  In their defense, if everyone else is taking money I guess they should too. That is why I used CARES Act as an example of legislation that should not be celebrated as an accomplishment simply for being passed.

That is why I used CARES Act as an example of legislation that should not be celebrated as an accomplishment simply for being passed.
You and I agree with each other.

I'm probably lowering the bar for the story collection of senators and congresspeople we have, D and R both.

Big win for Biden, but only if the progressive wing of the House dems doesn't try to hold the infrastructure bill ransom for the reconciliation spending that they want.    This could end up being a total disaster for the entire party if they screw this up.

Record # of migrants crossing through the border everyday

Covid cases skyrocketing

Inflation skyrocketing

Nobody can find employees

What a ####show so far.

I was asking if people had info on the rumor and fish provided some additional context. 

Joe Biden calling a lid before noon with everything currently going on doesn't fill me with confidence.

Joe Biden did not return from Delaware today and we have had consecutive days with no public events and early press lids. We have no further guidance on POTUS’s movements for the rest of the week.

The president who spent the weekend at his home in Wilmington, DE will remain there today with no public events and no press briefing today. A bit of August vacation.
Biden might still be in Delaware but it doesnt mean he isnt working. 

He is about to address the passing of the bipartisan bill. 

Biden might still be in Delaware but it doesnt mean he isnt working. 

He is about to address the passing of the bipartisan bill. 

Total non-issue that Gateway Pundit is trying to turn into something.   Presidents have traditionally bailed out of DC in August. Why would he have events planned in DC when he isn't there?   

"He's done a hell of a job," Biden said. "… That's why it's so sad."  Biden talking about Cuomo

Cuomo issued an order on March 25, 2020 that all New York State nursing homes must accept residents that are medically stable.

The Associated Press reported on May 21, 2020, that over 4,500 patients who were recovering from COVID-19 were sent to New York State nursing homes.

In January 2021, Attorney General of New York Letitia James released a report finding that Governor Andrew Cuomo had understated the toll of COVID-19-related deaths in state nursing homes by as much as 50 percent.

hell of a job says Biden ..... wow, just wow 

"continuing" implies that he's already "got stuff done".  He hasn't.  This would be his first win.

Stealthycat said:
"He's done a hell of a job," Biden said. "… That's why it's so sad."  Biden talking about Cuomo

Cuomo issued an order on March 25, 2020 that all New York State nursing homes must accept residents that are medically stable.

The Associated Press reported on May 21, 2020, that over 4,500 patients who were recovering from COVID-19 were sent to New York State nursing homes.

In January 2021, Attorney General of New York Letitia James released a report finding that Governor Andrew Cuomo had understated the toll of COVID-19-related deaths in state nursing homes by as much as 50 percent.

I've been kind of bashing in some of the other threads, so it's probably a good idea to say that you're completely right on this one.  No clue what Biden was thinking here.  Cuomo did not do a hell of a job by anybody's standards 

I've been kind of bashing in some of the other threads, so it's probably a good idea to say that you're completely right on this one.  No clue what Biden was thinking here.  Cuomo did not do a hell of a job by anybody's standards 
He said this on April 1, 2020.   The AG report came out in January, 2021.

Fox and Gateway Pundit are misrepresenting this as if he just said it, or that they were concurrent.  

He said this on April 1, 2020.   The AG report came out in January, 2021.

Fox and Gateway Pundit are misrepresenting this as if he just said it, or that they were concurrent.  
Are you sure he didn't say this on August 10, 2021?  

"President Joe Biden on Tuesday said he respected New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s intention to resign over a barrage of sexual harassment allegations but the situation was sad. "I respect the decision he made," Biden said. "He's done a hell of a job, and I mean both on everything from access to voting to infrastructure -- to a whole range of things. That's why it's so sad, Biden added"

link (marketwatch)

Stealthycat said:

I was watching when he said this. Came back to the podium to answer more questions. The helluva job comment was he said in regards to the infrastructure work that Cuomo did. No clue what he did in that regards but this is what Biden was giving him an attaboy for as he shoved him out the door.

Was unnecessary for Biden to get into this and any distraction from the infrastructure bill was a waste of his time up there for him. I guarantee his people were puckering when he went back to answer these questions about Cuomo.

Users who are viewing this thread