What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (3 Viewers)

Another mini plateau this week.  Schedule of everything I do has changed as the contracted work I had been doing slowed a bunch this year...I was presented with a temporary opportunity to make some decent money and took it...but that fit right in the start of my day and my usual exercise time.  And has cut into the time I have used to prepare better meals.  Still doing fine on the meals...but my exercise has been there, but not as productive as Id like.  And Ive given in to a few stress related cravings this week (along with a couple extra beers while grilling when we had some nice weather).

Going to get back into it as I think I have my plan all adjusted.  And a plateau is better than a big spike...so celebrating that as a win.

Good news... weigh in today was 199.5. Under 2 bills again. 

Bad news... stupid scale apparently lost my profile again/isn't recognizing me to do rest of the measurements and synch to my phone. Something flaky going on. May have to get a new one. 
Welcome to Onederland!  Be careful, the citizens here will kick you back to Twotown if you even stare at a piece of cake too long :)

Great work!

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 20        192.0                -34.1                                         1480
  • Mar 21        192.2                -33.9                                         1970
  • Mar 22        192.6                -33.5                                         1530
  • Mar 23        193.1                -33.0                                         1950
  • Mar 24        194.8                -31.3                                         1490
  • Mar 25        193.3                -32.8                                         1470
  • Mar 26        191.3                -34.8
The streak lives!  The late introduction of more fiber in the diet resulted in back to back poo days.  Only down .5 for the week but it was a roller coaster ride.

The streak lives!  The late introduction of more fiber in the diet resulted in back to back poo days.  Only down .5 for the week but it was a roller coaster ride.
1 congratulations 

2 that sounds like a terrible roller coaster
5 straight days of climb then 2 really big drops, would actually be a pretty popular rollercoaster for thrill seekers :)

Much like I didn't have enough protein early on, I think introduction of fiber will be important for me.  In my old eating days, I ate so much bread that fiber was never a problem and as mentioned was super regular.  I haven't cut all bread and carbs out, bread just seems like wasted (but tasty) calories so I cut it way back. Hopefully tracking the fiber will help get things back on a good cycle.

5 straight days of climb then 2 really big drops, would actually be a pretty popular rollercoaster for thrill seekers :)

Much like I didn't have enough protein early on, I think introduction of fiber will be important for me.  In my old eating days, I ate so much bread that fiber was never a problem and as mentioned was super regular.  I haven't cut all bread and carbs out, bread just seems like wasted (but tasty) calories so I cut it way back. Hopefully tracking the fiber will help get things back on a good cycle.
Be careful not to cut back on water... it's tempting when you're weighing daily. You need water to push the fiber through. 

Two things I'm pleased with right now - I've lost about 23 pounds now with limited exercise and without doing low carb/KETO. 

I know limited exercise is not good but my mindset is slow, steady and already focused on maintenance.  And I'm still a believer in KETO for weigh loss, especially folks with high blood sugar and/or very obese.  My issues were eating a healthy KETO - which can be done, IMO - and getting to maintenance mode.

I have big plans (maybe I should say hopes) exercise-wise and I may mix a week or two of KETO in at some point just to see how I react to it but as long as I'm still losing I'm not going to change much for now.

Kicked the absolute crap out of an interval run today (well, for me so that is all relative).  Still...felt really good to speed it up a bit for the first time in a while.

Have some shrimp going on the grill tonight with some fresh chopped cabbage and black beans to go with it.  Though...It may also be a Vodka and light lemonade kind of night...but I have plenty of calories in the budget today for that to enjoy one or two out on the patio on such a beautiful day.

171g protein

38g fiber

2459mg sodium 

I went for a run outside again today, got some sun and felt pretty good. Pooped before I left, pooped again when I came home.  So this isn't an official weigh in.  But the scale read 209.6 - down from 211.3 this morning.  That's a very good number because it's exactly 75 lbs down from where I started at 284.6. And incredibly close to my goal for Easter of 208.7.  So I'm pretty excited for tomorrow morning's weigh in. Even if it just stays in the 210. x area I'll be happy.  But that was such a nice looking 0 there in that second digit that I at least had to take a picture for posterity. 

8 days to Easter 

193.8 - had dinner out for the first time in a while.  Somewhat limited myself to boneless wings and a salad but still was a sodium bomb.  Offset that with a long IF day (20 hours) and then just ate a few healthy snacks. I’ll jump back up a little today but I’m firmly under 200 and closing in on 190.  Feels good. Wife is killing it too which is nice.
Boneless wings?  dude????

@bostonfred - I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, because I Iove you (in both a gay and non-gay way).  Make sure you are prepared for maintenance and don’t allow yourself to backslide.  I allowed myself to return to old habits after losing about 85 pounds and that was after losing 40-60 a couple of times.  Learn from my stupidity.

Also - awesome work.  Congrats, it’s a major accomplishment and means you’ll be around for your boy for a long time.

Just under 209 those morning. I know I've been eating more like my maintenance plan rather than a weight loss plan the last week-ish, no shocker that I've been stuck around 209. Still, I'm down 20 since Thanksgiving and I'm happy about that. Gotta keep losing some more to get healthier though. 

bostonfred said:
Oh hell yes. Ate dinner, had a banana, drank a quart of water, 

I'm officially down 75.1 lbs as of this morning.
Pretty amazing when you realize you just lost a 75 pound dumbbell.  That's a lot of weight to lug around.  Your body must be thanking you.  Great work!

108g protein

31g fiber

3724mg sodium 

Had a nice outdoor run, shaved two plus minutes off my previous times even though I didn't rest between runs.  Grilled some burgers and dogs for my wife and kid and had one of each then had some sesame chicken with noodles for dinner so my sodium ended up high but it tasted great and I stayed under calories. 

Thanks for all the nice comments 👍 I'm excited but still have work to do.  Next goal is just a pound away and I've got a week to get there...

7 day until Easter 

108g protein

31g fiber

3724mg sodium 

Had a nice outdoor run, shaved two plus minutes off my previous times even though I didn't rest between runs.  Grilled some burgers and dogs for my wife and kid and had one of each then had some sesame chicken with noodles for dinner so my sodium ended up high but it tasted great and I stayed under calories. 

Thanks for all the nice comments 👍 I'm excited but still have work to do.  Next goal is just a pound away and I've got a week to get there...

7 day until Easter 
Depending on how dedicated you are to hitting that goal then you are set - I don’t recommend it but when we did the weight loss contest I lost 9 pounds in the final week.  But I had BnB breathing down my neck.

97g protein 

33g fiber

3057mg sodium

Protein a little low, sodium a little high but not horrible. 5k MAF shuffle on the treadmill because it was raining, walked another 45 minutes because I was watching Netflix for the first time in a while. Really recommend that to anyone looking to motivate themselves to exercise- only watch tv when you're working out. 

Planned to do some yoga and lifting but was on call for work and ended up working non stop.  Stayed under calories though and ate some fun food even had some McDonald's fries. 

6 days until Easter. 

Big fan of the Green Chef meal kits.  Paleo/Keto.  Tons of flavor.  New and interesting recipes.  I like to cook, so it's fun to put the ingredients together.  Portions are a good enough size, but still help me with portion control.  If I'm feeling more hungry I'll add a side salad.  No more second helpings or 4th tacos to tempt me.

My exercise has been pretty consistent at 5 days a week+.  I've always liked exercising so bumping it up hasn't been too tough. 

Trying out different "snack" recipes to curb my chip cravings.  Salt and Vinegar cukes.  Pickled carrots.  Lightly salted mixed nuts. Celery/hummus.  The Optavia snacks are decent enough too.  

Down to 210.2.  Started at 225.4 the day after the Super Bowl. 

Big fan of the Green Chef meal kits.  Paleo/Keto.  Tons of flavor.  New and interesting recipes.  I like to cook, so it's fun to put the ingredients together.  Portions are a good enough size, but still help me with portion control.  If I'm feeling more hungry I'll add a side salad.  No more second helpings or 4th tacos to tempt me.

My exercise has been pretty consistent at 5 days a week+.  I've always liked exercising so bumping it up hasn't been too tough. 

Trying out different "snack" recipes to curb my chip cravings.  Salt and Vinegar cukes.  Pickled carrots.  Lightly salted mixed nuts. Celery/hummus.  The Optavia snacks are decent enough too.  

Down to 210.2.  Started at 225.4 the day after the Super Bowl. 
Wow nice work.  15 lbs in a little over a month is legit. 

How much do these kits cost?  What kinds of foods do you get?  I've been curious about those services but always end up just buying groceries. But the idea of portion control plus new meal ideas sounds really good after eating a ton of chicken and broccoli or berries and yogurt the last few months 

Wow nice work.  15 lbs in a little over a month is legit. 

How much do these kits cost?  What kinds of foods do you get?  I've been curious about those services but always end up just buying groceries. But the idea of portion control plus new meal ideas sounds really good after eating a ton of chicken and broccoli or berries and yogurt the last few months 
Green Chef

They're expensive.  High end of these services I imagine.  Their site says $11.99 per serving and then another $8.99 to ship the box.  We're doing 6 servings a week, so a little over $80.  There are all kinds of promo deals and I'm getting coupons all the time, so if you're interested I can send them.  My first 4 weeks were discounted and I can skip weeks or cancel whenever.

The food is all organic.  Several spices/sauces I've never used before, and things you don't think to buy at the grocery store (roasted beets the other night were amazing; I've never had beets before).  The cost definitely is somewhat prohibitive, but I'm trying to offset my grocery bill subsequently knowing I have 3 days a week covered. 

Green Chef

They're expensive.  High end of these services I imagine.  Their site says $11.99 per serving and then another $8.99 to ship the box.  We're doing 6 servings a week, so a little over $80.  There are all kinds of promo deals and I'm getting coupons all the time, so if you're interested I can send them.  My first 4 weeks were discounted and I can skip weeks or cancel whenever.

The food is all organic.  Several spices/sauces I've never used before, and things you don't think to buy at the grocery store (roasted beets the other night were amazing; I've never had beets before).  The cost definitely is somewhat prohibitive, but I'm trying to offset my grocery bill subsequently knowing I have 3 days a week covered. 
Interesting. Just looked at the balanced eating one and it looks like a lot of the meals are in the 800 to 1000 calorie range, which for me is pretty high when I'm trying to lose but might be perfect for maintenance. Do you get anything for referrals?  I'll look more later

92g protein

40g fiber

2785mg sodium

Motivation was slipping today. I'm close to the finish line and can get to my goal weight without going full speed and I'm justifying things in my head. That's when I get myself in trouble.  Went for a good MAF run and noticed my HR was still around 130 after ten minutes so i bumped my speed up and still didn't break 140.  So I'm definitely making progress there. Instead of eating back all the calories I left some on the table. I'm not going to touch booze until easter regardless because I gave it up for lent so I want to get the most out of this next week that I can so I can enjoy some guilt free cheat days afterwards.  Over 90 days down and not even a week to go, i can do this. 

5 days to Easter

Another weekend where my gains are wiped out.  Not too upset - slow and steady - but I would like to either ramp up the exercise or have a couple good weekends to push me under 190.
Have you considered ramping up the exercise over the weekend? If Mon-Fri isn't the problem then don't fix it. Put your attention towards Sat and Sun. And planned exercise those days can help curb some of those bad dietary decisions if you know you have a workout the next day.

Interesting. Just looked at the balanced eating one and it looks like a lot of the meals are in the 800 to 1000 calorie range, which for me is pretty high when I'm trying to lose but might be perfect for maintenance. Do you get anything for referrals?  I'll look more later
The paleo/keto plans are ~700-800 per serving so far.  I think if you use a promo code I give you we'll both get discounted weeks, coupons, etc. 

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 26        191.3                -34.8                  -0.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1671
  • Mar 27        192.0                -34.1                                         1470
  • Mar 28        191.1                -35.0                                         1680
  • Mar 29        191.3                -34.8                                         1470
  • Mar 30        190.6                -35.5        
A new low rather surprisingly.  Inching closer to the 180s, which I didn't really think was achievable.  I'm sure people are tired of hearing about it, but no poo in 3 days which is why I was surprised I was down. I've added a 5mg fiber pill to get me closer to 28g of fiber per day but haven't added the black or pinto beans.

Another complicating factor is my shoulder. I went to Andrews Sports Medicine (the one all the pros use) and got to see the Alabama team doctor Dr. Lyle Cain. The good news is the tear in my rotator cuff is relatively small and he doesn't think surgery is necessary for it.  I have something called capsule adhevitis or something like that, also known as frozen shoulder. I got the cortisone shot which can add some weight, and he put me on a medication that can also lead to weight gain.  This thing can heal on its own in 2 years but he's hopeful this course of action will speed it up. With the pain and lack of use I've had, he said we can also do arthroscopic surgery, but he wants to see how this does for 6 weeks. 

121g protein 

40g fiber

2139mg sodium

Went for a run to see how fast I can go without a rest day, on the treadmill, in a warm room. After 15 minutes at 6mph, i was still under 140 bpm.  After 25 minutes, I'd crept up to 146.  I finished a little over 150. I've definitely improved my cardio fitness a lot but I also need to start picking up the pace more because I'd been doing 5,3mph for my MAF runs and that no longer appears to be necessary.  This might be the summer I start taking this more seriously. Please don't tell the running needs.

4 days until Easter 

That’s exactly what I was thinking when aaa post that

Depending on how dedicated you are to hitting that goal then you are set - I don’t recommend it but when we did the weight loss contest I lost 9 pounds in the final week.  But I had BnB breathing down my neck.
I even ran 75 miles on the last day of the competition and you got me. 

121g protein 

40g fiber

2139mg sodium

Went for a run to see how fast I can go without a rest day, on the treadmill, in a warm room. After 15 minutes at 6mph, i was still under 140 bpm.  After 25 minutes, I'd crept up to 146.  I finished a little over 150. I've definitely improved my cardio fitness a lot but I also need to start picking up the pace more because I'd been doing 5,3mph for my MAF runs and that no longer appears to be necessary.  This might be the summer I start taking this more seriously. Please don't tell the running needs.

4 days until Easter 
Congrats Fred. Too late on the running nerd thing. 

Running in quicksand here. I should be dropping weight based on intake and exercise and am just hanging flat. Managed to break 12:00 pace today on my maf run so that has improved by a min. Going to need to start working in some intervals soon. 

Thanksgiving to Christmas: 229.2 to 220.4.

New Years to Valentine's Day: 220.0 to 212.0

March 1 to March 31: 210.6 to 207.8. 

I need a few days to mentally reset. Going to take the next few days and think about what's next. I'm not planning on going on a bender or anything, just want to refresh after 4 months and consider my next goal and timing. 

Users who are viewing this thread