Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in?

bostonfred

105g protein

37g fiber 

3749mg sodium

Still struggling with salt because I'm just not trying hard on it.  Did another 7 mile run tonight, third in the last 5 days.  Feel good.  Finished my day with 354 calories to spare. Tomorrow might be a rest day from running so I can use some of those calories I've banked if I want.  

• Like 2

I was a few hundred calories under again today as well. Did a 10k walk, veggie burrito for lunch and Bok Choy stir fry with brown rice ramen noodles for dinner. 

I had lots to spare and had a beer to celebrate getting shot #1 and considered a couple more but ended up just sticking with the one. 

I did a cheater weigh in after my walk too and was at 221, nearly below the 220 bubble, hopefully hit that for a real "first thing" next week, if I can stay on the rails for the upcoming long weekend. 

• Like 1

Have been holding steady lately, minor fluctuations but coming in about 100-200 calories below my target most days.  Eating healthier - more fruits, veggies, lean protein.   Cutting back decently on processed foods/sugar.

Yesterday was the exception.   Had friends in town visiting from Florida.   Family & I went to dinner with them in "downtown" Chicago.   Great Italian place.  Pasta.  Meatballs.  Delicious.   Finished it off with ice cream a couple blocks away.   It was so wonderful to see people, eat dinner at an outside patio, spend time in the city, all that jazz.  Took a long walk as a group in Lincoln Park (the actual park, not the neighborhood) afterward.  It was a beautiful night.  80 degrees and clear.

Best estimate is that I went over my calories by 500-600 yesterday.   And I don't care.   It was worth it.

Back at it today.   Continuing with 200-225 pushups every other day.   Getting in about 20 miles per week of running. Pickup basketball starts this Sunday.  

• Like 1

I’m not as rigorous as counting calories as most of you in here but 2 things I’ve really been focusing on controlling are sodium and added sugar intake.  You know what’s funny? Most food items come with a label.  That label includes a % next to sodium and added sugar.  You go over 100% and that’s bad.  You stay below 100% and that’s not so bad.  I can’t believe I never paid attention to #### like that before.  Now instead of eating a whole bag of skittles in the afternoon, I’ll eat 5 pieces (which by the way might put me 20% of my allowed sugar intake).  I limit sugar the rest of the day and voila- I can have 2/3rd cup of ice cream and still be significantly under my sugar goal for the day.  This thread (and Otis thread) has forced me to look at #### like that.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, FBG26 said:
On 5/18/2021 at 8:40 PM, FBG26 said:

300 calories below goal today. Weighed in at 205.6 this morning but that was a cheater weigh in after a run and "corp"ing. Still, really excited to see sub 205 soon-ish. 

Cheater weigh-in (post run) this afternoon: 204.4!! A real sub-205 is so close I can taste it.... err... you know what I mean. 

Legit AM weigh-in. 205.6.

Cheater weigh-in this afternoon after running in the humidity: 203.0. 

That run stunk. It's only 75 degrees, but way humid. My body isn't ready for humid yet. I shuffled the first three miles and I just couldn't get my HR below 150. I walked from 2.5-3.0 and my HR was stuck at 125. Then I reset my watch and just said nuts to the HR and ran the last two miles. I was a hot sweaty mess, thought about ditching my shirt on the side of the road. Hey, that reminds me, I need to bump the "outside shirtless" thread.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I’m not as rigorous as counting calories as most of you in here but 2 things I’ve really been focusing on controlling are sodium and added sugar intake.  You know what’s funny? Most food items come with a label.  That label includes a % next to sodium and added sugar.  You go over 100% and that’s bad.  You stay below 100% and that’s not so bad.  I can’t believe I never paid attention to #### like that before.  Now instead of eating a whole bag of skittles in the afternoon, I’ll eat 5 pieces (which by the way might put me 20% of my allowed sugar intake).  I limit sugar the rest of the day and voila- I can have 2/3rd cup of ice cream and still be significantly under my sugar goal for the day.  This thread (and Otis thread) has forced me to look at #### like that.

Yeah, this is a really good reminder that all the myriad of things that go into healthy eating are correlated....so.....if you blow past the sodium and sugar limits for the day......it's hard to stay below your calorie goal, because they are all strongly correlated.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FBG26 said:

Legit AM weigh-in. 205.6.

Cheater weigh-in this afternoon after running in the humidity: 203.0. 

That run stunk. It's only 75 degrees, but way humid. My body isn't ready for humid yet. I shuffled the first three miles and I just couldn't get my HR below 150. I walked from 2.5-3.0 and my HR was stuck at 125. Then I reset my watch and just said nuts to the HR and ran the last two miles. I was a hot sweaty mess, thought about ditching my shirt on the side of the road. Hey, that reminds me, I need to bump the "outside shirtless" thread.

That sounds awesome.  Embrace the suck.  The "outside shirtless" thread is a true FBGs gem.

Stay strong.

24 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Yeah, this is a really good reminder that all the myriad of things that go into healthy eating are correlated....so.....if you blow past the sodium and sugar limits for the day......it's hard to stay below your calorie goal, because they are all strongly correlated.

That's how I've been viewing it.  I know that when I keep my sugar and sodium in control, I'm likely under on calories as well.  I just can't believe how much sugar is in 5 freaking jelly beans.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corporation said:

So I had my shoulder surgery on Tuesday.  It has sucked.  I'll be back in the thread at some point but having to do everything on my phone makes it difficult.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Hopefully you are ambidextrous so that you can entertain yourself.

• Laughing 2

7 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Great job!  I hesitate to ask you and feel free to say it’s none of my business but do you have a goal weight in mind?

I’m hoping to get to 170. I lost 30 pounds to get to 200. Now I’m trying to lose another 30 to get to 170. Then I will reevaluate. I started at 135 at 24 years old before my first kid. Basically I kept 10 pounds per baby. I’m never going to be 135 again. I’m fine with that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, culdeus said:

https://youtu.be/8HVdLMnr40M

Content on diet breaks. 

He doesn't talk about huge weight loss (50, 75, 100 plus) but i would add that taking diet breaks also seems to be good for reducing loose skin/allowing your skin to adjust to your new weight as you reach different milestones.  Long story short, if you lose 2+ lbs a week every week for 6 months or a year you will lose weight faster than someone who loses 40, then pauses and adds back 10, then loses 30, then pauses and adds back 15, then loses 30, and pauses again and adds back a few more... but you'll also probably have loose skin that never goes away, have a hard time maintaining because you have never learned how and you've never faced the adversity of losing weight you've "already lost", and generally trade speed for overall success.  I have tried sharing my thoughts on this with @dhocksterand he has had incredible success doing what he's doing with doctor supervision while I am not a doctor. And this is not medical advice. But based only on my empirical results and reading I think a "hard push" for a couple months, followed by a little maintenance or even weight, and then getting back to it is what will be best for me long term.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FBG26 said:

Legit 204.6 this morning. I want to see sub 205 a few days in a row, but pretty happy right now. 

Awesome job.  I love when you get a sneak peak of a milestone number and then get to see it for real again later, it's a bonus you get to celebrate twice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bostonfred said:

He doesn't talk about huge weight loss (50, 75, 100 plus) but i would add that taking diet breaks also seems to be good for reducing loose skin/allowing your skin to adjust to your new weight as you reach different milestones.  Long story short, if you lose 2+ lbs a week every week for 6 months or a year you will lose weight faster than someone who loses 40, then pauses and adds back 10, then loses 30, then pauses and adds back 15, then loses 30, and pauses again and adds back a few more... but you'll also probably have loose skin that never goes away, have a hard time maintaining because you have never learned how and you've never faced the adversity of losing weight you've "already lost", and generally trade speed for overall success.  I have tried sharing my thoughts on this with @dhocksterand he has had incredible success doing what he's doing with doctor supervision while I am not a doctor. And this is not medical advice. But based only on my empirical results and reading I think a "hard push" for a couple months, followed by a little maintenance or even weight, and then getting back to it is what will be best for me long term.

Enjoyed the video but he lost me a little when he said persons A, B and C were identical twins.  

• Laughing 4

12 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I mean he does suggest exactly this for those with a lot of weight to lose.  More or less 4 weeks on 2 off.   I think the main conclusion here is the longer you have to go the longer the breaks should be.  Where it goes wrong is people use breaks as days to double maintenance in a blowout.  Breaks are going from like 1800 to 2200 for a period of time mostly with carbs.  Not 1800 to 4800 with mostly booze and fried chicken. 

My 4th child graduated today. My husband and i both had to buy new clothes. All my old friends came and everyone was so complimentary about how much weight I’ve lost. My Facebook post got a lot of “wow clowncar, you look awesome” type comments. I’m feeling pretty good about myself right now! Thanks guys for encouraging me and each other in here!

https://imgur.com/gallery/Fvdahh9

• Like 3
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, Clown Car said:

My 4th child graduated today. My husband and i both had to buy new clothes. All my old friends came and everyone was so complimentary about how much weight I’ve lost. My Facebook post got a lot of “wow clowncar, you look awesome” type comments. I’m feeling pretty good about myself right now! Thanks guys for encouraging me and each other in here!

https://imgur.com/gallery/Fvdahh9

Congratulations. You look so happy.  That's a great dress. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 5/21/2021 at 6:24 PM, Clown Car said:

I’m hoping to get to 170. I lost 30 pounds to get to 200. Now I’m trying to lose another 30 to get to 170. Then I will reevaluate. I started at 135 at 24 years old before my first kid. Basically I kept 10 pounds per baby. I’m never going to be 135 again. I’m fine with that. 

There's nothing to say this can't happen.  Once you find the right balance it's just as easy to stick to a prior set point as something in the mid-range.  Having a stretch goal like 135 also keeps you pointing in that direction.  I'm of the belief this is a much higher stakes game for females overall, and your longevity and quality of life is at a much greater risk than the men here.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, culdeus said:

There's nothing to say this can't happen.  Once you find the right balance it's just as easy to stick to a prior set point as something in the mid-range.  Having a stretch goal like 135 also keeps you pointing in that direction.  I'm of the belief this is a much higher stakes game for females overall, and your longevity and quality of life is at a much greater risk than the men here.

Oh I’m going to live forever. Statistics say women who have natural pregnancies in their 40s live into the 90s. My goal is to see 100 just to irritate my kids. I never really cared about losing weight after a baby because I would usually be pregnant again soon. But now that I’m done, I’m ready to be healthier. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 5/17/2021 at 12:18 PM, Gawain said:

Monday morning weigh-in of 266.3, so down 9.7 from last week. 

Had my brother and his wife over for the first time since their wedding last September. 
Prime NY Strip, Corn on the cob, Broccoli and a biscuit. Biggest meal in a week. One pour of rye.
Didn't butter/salt the corn, only had one biscuit and had a great visit.

Week 2 starts. Still in the honeymoon phase and need to focus on my activity level.

Monday weigh-in of 263.3, so 3 pounds last week, 12.7 so far.

Had the in-laws and my mom over for Sunday dinner that was grilled on the new Weber. I love how Father's Day presents are generally just more work for dad.
Costco was up $2 a pound on steak, but shot the lock off the wallet anyway. Asparagus instead of broccoli and no biscuit, so even my worst day wasn't bad. Push mowing the lawn tonight should give me a good start to Week 3.

• Like 5

Had a terrible Sunday.   Just absolutely did a horrible job of healthy eating.   Started the day with a simple yogurt and small bowl of cereal.  Went and played pickup basketball for the first time in 15 months.   Figured I burned a ton of calories.  (1st mistake)   Got home -- Mrs APK made pancakes (!!) so I ate 4 of them, all with chocolate chips AND maple syrup.   Woo-hoo!   (2nd mistake)    Then I went and played tennis, but nothing hard core.  Got home and ate a protein bar + some M&Ms.....because......I had bought a bag of M&Ms the other day when grocery shopping while hungry.  (3rd mistake)    I intended to go for a 6-mile run but was still wiped out from playing b-ball.  So I sat on the couch for 3 hours watching basketball and didn't move at all.  (4th mistake)   Then we had our weekly Sunday night pizza dinner, and I ate an extra 1.5 pieces of pizza just because.   (5th mistake)

All in all, my best guess is that I went over my net calorie goal by about 1,000 calories.   While that seems ridiculous to me now, in retrospect I probably used to consume way way more than that on a bad day before BF started this thread.

Anyway, just being honest about what's going on.  Back at it again today.  I have my meals planned out for the whole week, to get back on track.   

• Like 3

Long weekend up here (including today but I've done a long walk and some circuit training this AM, so checking in). I've managed to not gain anything over it. 

We made a few cold salads (chickpea, potato, quinoa) that we've been pulling out over the weekend as we've been outside the whole time and stocked up on a fruit tray plus more grapes, cherries, watermelon, strawberries and pineapple. Then for treats it's been popcorn, popsicles and sorbet. Things like Portobellos and black bean burgers as BBQ entrees with the salads again on the side. Plus beer.

It hasn't been a perfect weekend by any means but buying and preparing those meals instead of going for chips and processed "easy" lunches and dinners has kept everything steady while not really having any feelings of missing out.

If I can keep up this kind of sustainable weekend through summer cottage and BBQ season, I'll feel great about it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Had a terrible Sunday.   Just absolutely did a horrible job of healthy eating.   Started the day with a simple yogurt and small bowl of cereal.  Went and played pickup basketball for the first time in 15 months.   Figured I burned a ton of calories.  (1st mistake)   Got home -- Mrs APK made pancakes (!!) so I ate 4 of them, all with chocolate chips AND maple syrup.   Woo-hoo!   (2nd mistake)    Then I went and played tennis, but nothing hard core.  Got home and ate a protein bar + some M&Ms.....because......I had bought a bag of M&Ms the other day when grocery shopping while hungry.  (3rd mistake)    I intended to go for a 6-mile run but was still wiped out from playing b-ball.  So I sat on the couch for 3 hours watching basketball and didn't move at all.  (4th mistake)   Then we had our weekly Sunday night pizza dinner, and I ate an extra 1.5 pieces of pizza just because.   (5th mistake)

All in all, my best guess is that I went over my net calorie goal by about 1,000 calories.   While that seems ridiculous to me now, in retrospect I probably used to consume way way more than that on a bad day before BF started this thread.

Anyway, just being honest about what's going on.  Back at it again today.  I have my meals planned out for the whole week, to get back on track.   

You played pick up basketball and tennis but “didn’t move at all”?  I wouldn’t have moved either but because I wouldn’t have been able to get off the couch.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, Clown Car said:

Oh I’m going to live forever. Statistics say women who have natural pregnancies in their 40s live into the 90s. My goal is to see 100 just to irritate my kids. I never really cared about losing weight after a baby because I would usually be pregnant again soon. But now that I’m done, I’m ready to be healthier. 

I think there are defined reasons why this would be true (causal reasons, not correlative) that make sense given the hormone balances associated with child growing exist for a reason. 

Though I (personal) wonder how these things don't tend to cancel out just on the stress that kids provide.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I went on this workout / nutrition plan about 10 weeks ago where I eat only what's on my specific plan and pretty much the same thing everyday for two weeks at a time before it switches up a bit.  I'm allowed 2-3 "cheat" meals during the week... 17/20 plan, stay to plan for 17 out of 20 meals.  Heavily veggie and protein based with a planned out 5 meals per day.  

I don't know if the more frequent, smaller meals is generally better for you and weight loss but what I do know is that proactively eating this healthier stuff (and drinking a gallon of water a day too I guess) keeps me from snacking and getting cravings for other less healthy stuff.  For example, I've picked up food for my kids after practices from Chick-Fil-A and have been able to not order stuff for myself or steal any of theirs... which is amazing to me.

So if cravings are a problem... frequently chug water and eat a bunch of veggies I guess.

(FYI, I used to use MyFitnessPal to track everything when I was trying to lose weight on my own but my trainer got annoyed when I was initially reporting those numbers to him with my progress and basically said, "don't sweat it, just eat what I tell you and you'll be fine")

Edited by Lehigh98
  • Like 1

Starting to get back to real life now, and as expected it will require more structure to maintain my healthier eating habits.  I travel a fair amount for work, and it’s just so easy to make bad decisions about what food to consume.   Had a lunch and dinner out this week.  Made mostly good choices (except for eating a cannoli — but I built it into my plan for the day).

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how I’m able to stick to this plan.  It was easy the past few months stuck in my at-home bubble.

Anybody else dealing with something similar? Anything working well for you?

In a nice routine now - just finishing another 40 hour fast.  For now I’m planning to make every Wednesday a fast day.  This week was easier than last week.  Down to 190.4 but that’s a little artificial with having not eaten.  I’m still in a slow and steady mode - would like to come out of summer down around 170-175 and then ramp up activity when the weather gets cooler.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm down 10 Lbs in a month. 

Ironically, we went to Disney and that jump started my weight loss.  We ate everything in sight, but walked 75 miles in a week and I came back home down 3 or 4 lbs.  

Just been counting calories and exercising more.  I was lifting weights but kind of fell off on that.  I got a basketball goal installed a few weeks ago and try to get an hour of playing in a day on it.  

Edited by jm192
  • Like 1

I played my first game of basketball last saturday in over 15 months. I nearly died after 5 minutes. I used to go 90% - full speed for about 2 hours every week. So in my effort to get back into shape for this weekend's games, I got up early to ride my exercise bike for 20 minutes. I always hear about people working out in the morning before work, and how it invigorates them and gives them energy for the rest of the day. Clearly, my body doesn't work that way. My legs feel like jelly now and want to go back to bed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris B. said:

I played my first game of basketball last saturday in over 15 months. I nearly died after 5 minutes. I used to go 90% - full speed for about 2 hours every week. So in my effort to get back into shape for this weekend's games, I got up early to ride my exercise bike for 20 minutes. I always hear about people working out in the morning before work, and how it invigorates them and gives them energy for the rest of the day. Clearly, my body doesn't work that way. My legs feel like jelly now and want to go back to bed.

haha I feel the same way.  I'm tired before the morning workout and more tired after.

• Thanks 1

So shoulder surgery sucks.  It's been a week and a half and I'm getting improved range of motion but still a lot of pain in the joint and the incision points.  Making progress though.  I've been out of it on pain medicine and jumped on the scale today.  Had no idea what to expect because I've been eating food that people bring over and not really worrying about it.  Also the lack of activity had me worried.  Clocked in at 183.8 which was a pleasant surprise.  I believe some of that to be muscle mass loss which isn't good.

So after you have surgery they are worried about your poop schedule (or the Corp schedule).  Had me on stool softener but after no go in a week, they said it was time for warm prune juice with some miralax.  The taste was surprisingly not that bad (never had prune juice).  It did the trick and is probably why I'm not 4 pounds heavier.

So proud of you @Clown Carfor your progress!  I hope everyone is doing well and pushing forward on your goals!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corporation said:

So shoulder surgery sucks.  It's been a week and a half and I'm getting improved range of motion but still a lot of pain in the joint and the incision points.  Making progress though.  I've been out of it on pain medicine and jumped on the scale today.  Had no idea what to expect because I've been eating food that people bring over and not really worrying about it.  Also the lack of activity had me worried.  Clocked in at 183.8 which was a pleasant surprise.  I believe some of that to be muscle mass loss which isn't good.

So after you have surgery they are worried about your poop schedule (or the Corp schedule).  Had me on stool softener but after no go in a week, they said it was time for warm prune juice with some miralax.  The taste was surprisingly not that bad (never had prune juice).  It did the trick and is probably why I'm not 4 pounds heavier.

So proud of you @Clown Carfor your progress!  I hope everyone is doing well and pushing forward on your goals!

Good luck with the recovery Corp.   My dad had invasive shoulder surgery years ago, and the recovery was painful.  That said, he followed the rehab protocol super closely, and he came through the PT with zero pain and range of motion/functionality that is probably 95% of what he had way way back pre-surgery.

Stay strong!

• Like 2

So I think i learned another thing last night about this whole losing weight thing. I think when you are making a good push, you have to do what you can to keep it fresh and something new. Maybe it is just the way i am doing it, but i found a new way to weigh myself which seems more fun and enjoyable for now. 

I have a 4 year old daughter who weighs around 38 pounds. she has basically weighed the same for like the last year. So i pick her up and we go together on the scale, and i have a new goal. It is basically my same original goal, just a new way to look at it. 

My starting weight was 260. When i picked her up and we stepped on the scale last night it was 263. My current goal has now changed so that i can lose basically a whole little kid and remain there for a full week. Once i hit this goal i will go back to the original goal, but it has made it more fun and enjoyable to weigh myself for the next few weeks

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, modogg said:

So I think i learned another thing last night about this whole losing weight thing. I think when you are making a good push, you have to do what you can to keep it fresh and something new. Maybe it is just the way i am doing it, but i found a new way to weigh myself which seems more fun and enjoyable for now. 

I have a 4 year old daughter who weighs around 38 pounds. she has basically weighed the same for like the last year. So i pick her up and we go together on the scale, and i have a new goal. It is basically my same original goal, just a new way to look at it. 

My starting weight was 260. When i picked her up and we stepped on the scale last night it was 263. My current goal has now changed so that i can lose basically a whole little kid and remain there for a full week. Once i hit this goal i will go back to the original goal, but it has made it more fun and enjoyable to weigh myself for the next few weeks

Wow!!   Great progress and a very cool way to be accountable and have fun with it!!

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Did my daily weigh in at the usual time this morning.   1.5 lbs above my lowest recent/target weight, but that was back before I started doing the 100 pushup plan.   I've put on noticeable upper body muscle the past 6 weeks or so since starting the plan, and am up to 225 pushups every other day.  Eventually, I'd like to get up to 500x every other day, but that will take awhile.   

In the meantime, Mrs APK made waffles for the kids today, so I ate 2 chocolate chip waffles to celebrate the weigh-in.  It wasn't a super smart decision, but I really don't care today.  That said, I'll get out this afternoon and do a cold 6-mile run in windy/rainy weather to burn off some calories.

My longer-term issue is finding healthy food that I enjoy eating.  Stuff that is decently high in protein but also not gigantic calories, cholesterol, carbs, etc.   Really still haven't cracked the code on healthy eating, even though I'm getting better.   Open to any suggestions from others.   One positive:  I've been doing a much better job of consuming protein, added a lot more chicken and fish to my meal plans. 

Edit to add:  none of the above is meant to be a "look at me, I'm still close to goal weight and eating waffles!"   Rather A) it's important for me to continue posting here so I stay accountable, B) hopefully it demonstrates that it is possible to reach a target weight and get to more of a maintenance level, C) despite all that I'm still struggling with the new normal and really need advice from others who might have a different experience than me, D) I love checking in to this thread and seeing others make remarkable progress!!!   E) Mrs APK got motivated by all the stories I've shared of about folks in here, and around mid-January she decided to get serious about healthier eating & exercise, and she's now down over 15 pounds!!   [and I didn't have to suggest anything to her....she did it all because of the success this whole group has had!]

Edited by Alex P Keaton
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:01 PM, Northern Voice said:

I was a few hundred calories under again today as well. Did a 10k walk, veggie burrito for lunch and Bok Choy stir fry with brown rice ramen noodles for dinner. 

I had lots to spare and had a beer to celebrate getting shot #1 and considered a couple more but ended up just sticking with the one. 

I did a cheater weigh in after my walk too and was at 221, nearly below the 220 bubble, hopefully hit that for a real "first thing" next week, if I can stay on the rails for the upcoming long weekend. 

220 even this AM. Would have liked to be 219.8 or something :lol: but no complaints. 

I've done circuit training 3x this week, made some long walks and eaten well. We made a big "hearty herby stew" early in the week and had it for lunch most days. Eggplant carnitas Tacos Tuesday, a spicy bean/mushroom/rice dish last night. Couple beers last night too but well within my alottment on Noom. 

For the weekend, where I always fall off, I'm making a lemon quinoa salad, chickpea salad again and a minestrone (cooler weather past couple days). Idea again is to have this ready to reach for and avoid ordering in or throwing on sausages and French fries or whatever... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Mrs APK got motivated by all the stories I've shared of about folks in here, and around mid-January she decided to get serious about healthier eating & exercise, and she's now down over 15 pounds!! 

That's awesome 

Don't tell her about my lunch today 

• Like 3