What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While many Republicans continue to try to minimize the severity and breadth of the January 6 attack on the Capitol, the Justice Department released graphic new police bodycam video footage that proves once again just how violent Trump’s mob was.

According to CNN, the DOJ released new footage of the insurrection in response to media requests. Portions of the videos were used by prosecutors against those accused of participating in the Capitol attack.

One portion of the video used by prosecutors in the case against Thomas Webster, a former Marine and retired New York City police officer, shows Trump’s mob and Webster pushing, cursing, and threatening Capitol Police officers. Webster, while wielding a flagpole, can be seen taunting and then rushing one officer as he’s thrown to the ground. Webster has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

“We see what I would describe as a look of pure rage,” U.S. Attorney Benjamin Gianforti said at a hearing describing Webster’s actions in February, according to the Washington Post. “His teeth are gritted. This is a man about to unleash some kind of violence.”

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
just a few tourists gettin a little rowdy GB. The snack bar was probably closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
just a few tourists gettin a little rowdy GB. The snack bar was probably closed.
I'm guessing the lack of Snickers is what caused some of these great citizens of our country to express a modicum of displeasure which in NO WAY was violent or at all their fault.  

It was minimal.  
It was unlike anything I’ve ever seen during my lifetime in a first world western liberal democracy.  It was historical and an indictment of just how far America has fallen from its perch as THE beacon of light for the progressive civilized world.  

But the cops should have been more prepared is your take away. I guess.  

(Breitbart) - Newly released footage from January 6 shows a supporter of former President Donald Trump taunting, stalking and punching law enforcement outside the US Capitol -- the latest release of up-close video of rioters who have been charged with assaulting police.

In the new video, Scott Fairlamb, a gym owner from New Jersey, leans into the face of a police officer, following him, and taunting him with expletives. At one point, Fairlamb shouts, "you have no idea what the f**k you're doing." He then pushes and punches an officer.

Fairlamb was one of the first rioters inside the Senate side of the building, according to court records, and is charged with 12 criminal counts including assaulting police and carrying a dangerous weapon into the Capitol.

Prosecutors had sent the video of Fairlamb directly to a federal judge reviewing his case months ago, and CNN and 16 other media outlets went to court to seek its release.

In all, the Justice Department released four clips Friday used in Fairlamb's case: footage from a police body-worn camera, a video taken by someone in the crowd and later posted to YouTube, and two short clips that Fairlamb uploaded to Facebook and Instagram while he was on Capitol grounds on January 6.

Prosecutors say the bystander video shows Fairlamb, in a camouflage jacket, shoving a police officer, who then falls backwards onto a group of rioters. As the officer regains his footing and starts walking away, Fairlamb then punches him in the face, hitting his helmet.

The police bodycam footage shows snippets of the same incident, from the perspective of one of the Washington, DC, police officers who was behind the officer that Fairlamb was taunting.

In a Facebook video the Justice Department also released, Fairlamb shouts "What patriots do? We f**king disarm them and then we storm the f***kng Capitol! F**k you!" He also carries a baton into the Capitol.

The video played a central role in how Judge Royce Lamberth of the DC District Court determined Fairlamb may still be dangerous.

"If any crime establishes danger to the community and a disregard for the rule of law, assaulting a riot-gear-clad police officer does," Lamberth wrote in April, deciding to keep Fairlamb in jail pending trial. The judge had reviewed the videos in private, after prosecutors sent them to his chambers via email.

Fairlamb had a history of assault charges and had punched people in the face before -- just like he allegedly had with an officer.

"The defendant's history of punching people in the face suggests that he may punch people in the face again," Lamberth wrote previously.

It was unlike anything I’ve ever seen during my lifetime in a first world western liberal democracy.  It was historical and an indictment of just how far America has fallen from its perch as THE beacon of light for the progressive civilized world.  

A bunch of unarmed protesters entered the Capitol Building.  How is that a threat to this country or Democracy?  IMHO it shows how great this country is.  People can express their distaste for government and not be unfairly prosecuted.  I applaud the restraint so far by the feds in not over charging with any treason or sedition charges the media and Democrats suggest.  Most all these people that the left has been so appalled by are mostly getting wrist slaps.  

A bunch of unarmed protesters entered the Capitol Building.  How is that a threat to this country or Democracy?  IMHO it shows how great this country is.  People can express their distaste for government and not be unfairly prosecuted.  I applaud the restraint so far by the feds in not over charging with any treason or sedition charges the media and Democrats suggest.  Most all these people that the left has been so appalled by are mostly getting wrist slaps.  
Ashli Babbit would still be alive if she hadn't fallen prey to the traitors, conspiracy theorists and Trump who called her into action against her own country.  

what happens next time?  That's my concern.

I wonder how the damage from the Beer Hall Putsch was described in 1923?  I'd bet there were plenty of Germans downplaying it, saying the damage was minimal.

"The Buck Stops Somewhere Else"
I'm trying to figure out how "conservatives" like you and @Rich Conway go from being "conservative" to hardcore liberal and defending every liberal idea and policy and mocking conservatives on a daily basis.

If you were dissatisfied with Trump, that doesn't mean you abandon all of your conservatives principles and join the dark side, IMO.  You guys are in here every day defending the left.  Someone dissatisfied with their side doesn't do that.

I'm fascinated by this change in character that supposed conservatives do.  What happened?  Are you really that hardcore left now?  And Trump is responsible for that?

Wow.  We see it very differently I guess.  

If my fellow citizens (even just a couple thousand of them) stormed and trespassed the parliament, beating on cops and desecrating the place, while some of them  chanted to hang the Vice President (we don’t have one), all because they were lied to for months by our outgoing Prime Minister, who was trying to delegitimization one of the most sacred pillars of democracy, I’d be (as the kids say) shook.

then you don't know me from very far back at all. 

Did you know I never voted for Obama, not once?  Were you around when I was posting vehemently against Obamacare, TARP, etc, or the many times I railed against unions?
They build preconceived caricatures and attack them when you don't fit the "sides" mold.  To what end, I haven't figured out, but for now I'm going with "lazy" or "fishing" 

(Breitbart) - Newly released footage from January 6 shows a supporter of former President Donald Trump taunting, stalking and punching law enforcement outside the US Capitol -- the latest release of up-close video of rioters who have been charged with assaulting police.

In the new video, Scott Fairlamb, a gym owner from New Jersey, leans into the face of a police officer, following him, and taunting him with expletives. At one point, Fairlamb shouts, "you have no idea what the f**k you're doing." He then pushes and punches an officer.

Fairlamb was one of the first rioters inside the Senate side of the building, according to court records, and is charged with 12 criminal counts including assaulting police and carrying a dangerous weapon into the Capitol.

Prosecutors had sent the video of Fairlamb directly to a federal judge reviewing his case months ago, and CNN and 16 other media outlets went to court to seek its release.

In all, the Justice Department released four clips Friday used in Fairlamb's case: footage from a police body-worn camera, a video taken by someone in the crowd and later posted to YouTube, and two short clips that Fairlamb uploaded to Facebook and Instagram while he was on Capitol grounds on January 6.

Prosecutors say the bystander video shows Fairlamb, in a camouflage jacket, shoving a police officer, who then falls backwards onto a group of rioters. As the officer regains his footing and starts walking away, Fairlamb then punches him in the face, hitting his helmet.

The police bodycam footage shows snippets of the same incident, from the perspective of one of the Washington, DC, police officers who was behind the officer that Fairlamb was taunting.

In a Facebook video the Justice Department also released, Fairlamb shouts "What patriots do? We f**king disarm them and then we storm the f***kng Capitol! F**k you!" He also carries a baton into the Capitol.

The video played a central role in how Judge Royce Lamberth of the DC District Court determined Fairlamb may still be dangerous.

"If any crime establishes danger to the community and a disregard for the rule of law, assaulting a riot-gear-clad police officer does," Lamberth wrote in April, deciding to keep Fairlamb in jail pending trial. The judge had reviewed the videos in private, after prosecutors sent them to his chambers via email.

Fairlamb had a history of assault charges and had punched people in the face before -- just like he allegedly had with an officer.

"The defendant's history of punching people in the face suggests that he may punch people in the face again," Lamberth wrote previously.
Another video of Scott Fairlamb on 1-6, he uses some foul language so NSFW.

He seems like he might have a propensity for violence.

Pretty typical for most of the participants in the Capitol Insurrection.

And remember, all this seditious insanity is because they were told The Big Lie. All those poor gullible Americans are going to jail for nothing.
I don't think these guys were told about the BLM/Antifa Big Lie.  :shrug:

It would be cool if you were consistent about your "insurrection" outrage, but Dozer gonna' doze, I guess.

zoonation said:

It was ugly but it was also way overblown.  I was more appalled by the nonstop rioting, burning and looting that went on last summer while the press broadcast in front of burning rubble calling it mostly peaceful protests.

It was ugly but it was also way overblown.  I was more appalled by the nonstop rioting, burning and looting that went on last summer while the press broadcast in front of burning rubble calling it mostly peaceful protests.
You can tell it was overblown based on the reaction we got from the left between Jan 6th and BLM/Antifa insurrections.  The difference between the fake outrage was night and day.

:goodposting: End of thread
Here is the other BIG difference:  The BLM/Antifa insurrections are still continuing to this day.  1-2 years after the original ones.  The entire Portland riot police resigned the other day.  To this VERY day they are still continuing but all you hear in here is "JAN 6TH!! OMG!!". 

Jan 6th was ONE day.

You don’t get to choose what the word “insurrection” means.  Good grief. 
Neither do you.  :shrug:

But, in reality, if you're going to call Jan 6th an insurrection, you then most certainly need to call the ongoing, 2 year BLM/Antifa destruction an insurrection too.

The ongoing BLM/Antifa insurrections make Jan 6th look like like a picnic.

BladeRunner said:
I'm trying to figure out how "conservatives" like you and @Rich Conway go from being "conservative" to hardcore liberal and defending every liberal idea and policy and mocking conservatives on a daily basis.

If you were dissatisfied with Trump, that doesn't mean you abandon all of your conservatives principles and join the dark side, IMO.  You guys are in here every day defending the left.  Someone dissatisfied with their side doesn't do that.

I'm fascinated by this change in character that supposed conservatives do.  What happened?  Are you really that hardcore left now?  And Trump is responsible for that?
I took a hard look at my principles and decided Conservativism no longer represented me.  I'll type more tomorrow when I'm more sober. 

I took a hard look at my principles and decided Conservativism no longer represented me.  I'll type more tomorrow when I'm more sober. 
I can't wait to hear about the 180 you did and why, suddenly, after all of your years leftism was your answer.  :thumbup:

BladeRunner said:

He was never a Conservative.  I read his old posts this afternoon.  Opposing TARP doesn’t make one a Conservative.  That’s actually more of a Liberal position (anti big business).

Did they ever find the guy that left the pipe bombs?  We have a political terrorist running loose putting bombs in political offices.  I am surprised that's not a bigger story. 

It was probably a false flag antifa which is why you never hear about it. 

2020 BLM Mostly Peaceful Protests:

- 35 dead

- $2 Billion (yes, with a ‘B’, in Property Damage.
How dare you bring facts to this argument?  Everyone know Jan 6th was way more violent!!!  Well, except for the minor fact that the insurrectionist didn't kill anyone or have weapons.  

General Malaise said:
While many Republicans continue to try to minimize the severity and breadth of the January 6 attack on the Capitol, the Justice Department released graphic new police bodycam video footage that proves once again just how violent Trump’s mob was.

According to CNN, the DOJ released new footage of the insurrection in response to media requests. Portions of the videos were used by prosecutors against those accused of participating in the Capitol attack.

One portion of the video used by prosecutors in the case against Thomas Webster, a former Marine and retired New York City police officer, shows Trump’s mob and Webster pushing, cursing, and threatening Capitol Police officers. Webster, while wielding a flagpole, can be seen taunting and then rushing one officer as he’s thrown to the ground. Webster has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

“We see what I would describe as a look of pure rage,” U.S. Attorney Benjamin Gianforti said at a hearing describing Webster’s actions in February, according to the Washington Post. “His teeth are gritted. This is a man about to unleash some kind of violence.”

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Too funny.  After a year if celebrating peaceful protests which were fat more deadly and violent.   Don't tell me about minimizing the severity.  You guys are the undisputed champions of that.  

Too funny.  After a year if celebrating peaceful protests which were fat more deadly and violent.   Don't tell me about minimizing the severity.  You guys are the undisputed champions of that.  
Refresh my memory, what election were the those riots trying to overturn?

Hmm, rioting over civil rights vs. storming the Capitol to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. Nope, not the same. Keep conflating the two though.

Hmm, rioting over civil rights vs. storming the Capitol to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. Nope, not the same. Keep conflating the two though.
Violence is violence.   Whether you can rationalize the cause is a different topic.  BLM violence was far worse and the left was outrageous in portraying it as peaceful.   It is obnoxious now to be upset over this which was a walk in the park by comparison.  

Violence is violence.   Whether you can rationalize the cause is a different topic.  BLM violence was far worse and the left was outrageous in portraying it as peaceful.   It is obnoxious now to be upset over this which was a walk in the park by comparison.  
You focus on the violence but downplay the intent of the right-wing domestic terrorists trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power - encouraged by the out-going president.

Some of us think that's a big deal. Not that riots aren't, but for the first time in our nation's history we did not have the peaceful transfer. Banana republic stuff. The effects on our democracy far outweigh the effects of violence that day. A six and a half hour occupation of our Capitol cleared only by 500 National Guardsmen. Definite moments of violence. LEO's injured with one dying the following day. And a mob breaking down the doors of a secured chamber where the VP was. Congressmen forced to put on gas masks and hide behind chairs. Congressional aids hiding in a locked room under a table for an hour and a half fearing for their lives.

Inside our Capitol because one man kept perpetuating a lie even while the chaos was unfolding. Telling the rioters to "remember this day" like they were heroes.

Obnoxious?

Also…I don’t recall anything more than a couple here celebrating the violence. (And that is even a maybe)  Almost universally was called out by the left of this board.

Jon_mx re: Rittenhouse: he was there to protect property and the people yelling at him were definitely going to kill him if he didn’t kill them first.

Jon_mx re Capitol police: they were there to protect property, but the people yelling that they were going to kill the VP were totally harmless and weren’t actually going to kill anyone. 

Obnoxious?

abhorrent, 

abominable, 

appalling, 

awful, 

disgusting, 

distasteful, 

dreadful, 

evil, 

foul, 

fulsome, 

gross, 

hideous, 

horrendous, 

horrible, 

horrid, 

loathsome, 

nasty, 

nauseating, 

nauseous, 

noisome, 

noxious, 

obscene, 

odious, 

offensive, 

rancid, 

repellent, 

repugnant, 

repulsive, 

revolting, 

scandalous, 

shocking, 

sickening, 

ugly

abhorrent, 

abominable, 

appalling, 

awful, 

disgusting, 

distasteful, 

dreadful, 

evil, 

foul, 

fulsome, 

gross, 

hideous, 

horrendous, 

horrible, 

horrid, 

loathsome, 

nasty, 

nauseating, 

nauseous, 

noisome, 

noxious, 

obscene, 

odious, 

offensive, 

rancid, 

repellent, 

repugnant, 

repulsive, 

revolting, 

scandalous, 

shocking, 

sickening, 

ugly
Nice sig.

Jon_mx re: Rittenhouse: he was there to protect property and the people yelling at him were definitely going to kill him if he didn’t kill them first.

Jon_mx re Capitol police: they were there to protect property, but the people yelling that they were going to kill the VP were totally harmless and weren’t actually going to kill anyone. 
Rosenbaum, the guy who initiated the first chase, was a pyschopath who spent nearly his whole adult life in prison for violent felonies and was released from a pyscho hospital earlier that day, was absolutely a threat to kill Rittenhouse.  He was also filmed pushing a flaming dumpster towards a gas station where people were hanging out.  A real nice dude at a peaceful protests.  But the media does not tell you that. 

Rosenbaum, the guy who initiated the first chase, was a pyschopath who spent nearly his whole adult life in prison for violent felonies and was released from a pyscho hospital earlier that day, was absolutely a threat to kill Rittenhouse.  He was also filmed pushing a flaming dumpster towards a gas station where people were hanging out.  A real nice dude at a peaceful protests.  But the media does not tell you that. 
You threaten a guy with an AR-15, then you chase him, then throw something at him, then chase him again - all in a hostile, lawless riot… Don’t be surprised when he shoots you in the head.  No wonder the guy was in the psych ward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread