What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rep. Bennie Thompson, chair of the Jan. 6 select committee, is not wasting time getting started.

The first hearing will be held on July 21 or 22 even if Kevin McCarthy hasn't named his picks for the committee by then.

Justice Department says Trump’s reinstatement  talk could fuel more violence 

“Former President Trump continues to make false claims about the election, insinuate that he may be reinstalled in the near future as President without another election, and minimize the violent attack on the Capitol," prosecutors wrote in the filing. "Television networks continue to carry and report on those claims, with some actually giving credence to the false reporting."

Prosecutors continued, linking Trump's rhetoric to the Capitol rioter's case: "The defendant in this case is not a good candidate to be out in the community without electronic monitoring to ensure the safety of the community and the safety of democracy in the current environment."
We got'em this time!!

moleculo said:
Bookmarked for next time someone claims this is a 169 page thread of lefties celebrating taking down Trump.
Very cool.   :thumbup:

I look forward to joining in on the histrionics of this thread in the coming days.

There was no cheating. Trump got smoked in a landslide. Case closed. Please do not rationalize violence against police or an attack on the Capitol by a bunch of crazed lunatics. 
It wasn't an attack on the Capitol, quit saying that. The Capitol is still there, no senators or reps were injured. It was people are tired of the cheating and wanted to be heard.

What about Ashley Babitt, happened there? She was unarmed and shot. Why isn't that cop facing charges?

It wasn't an attack on the Capitol, quit saying that. The Capitol is still there, no senators or reps were injured. It was people are tired of the cheating and wanted to be heard.

What about Ashley Babitt, happened there? She was unarmed and shot. Why isn't that cop facing charges?
More rationalization for these traitors. It was an attack, cops dragged out of the building, beaten. 

Is this what the kids call “gaslighting”?

There was no cheating. Don got smoked.

You can watch the video and judge for yourself why Babbitt was shot.

Cops that day were put in a terrible, and most important to this conversation, needless situation by the losing President. 

Unbelievable. 

It wasn't an attack on the Capitol, quit saying that. The Capitol is still there, no senators or reps were injured.
The British didn't attack the Capitol or White House during the War of 1812. Both are still there. 

Pearl Harbor wasn't attacked by the Japanese in WWII. It's still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got'em this time!!
Just out of curiosity, if Trump is ever indicted and convicted for something, whether it’s tax evasion, election interference (raffensberger call), or conspiracy to incite a mob, is there anything that would make you consider the idea that you’ve been wrong and the guy has been a criminal the whole time, or would it simply be a political witch hunt?

The Left still playing the Jan 6th card?

Time to move on and get back on important issues.
Trump at the CPAC is “the left”?  The courts overseeing these charges are “the left”?

Trump still playing the election was stolen card?  Time to move on and get back to important issues.

Trump at the CPAC is “the left”?  The courts overseeing these charges are “the left”?

Trump still playing the election was stolen card?  Time to move on and get back to important issues.
But Trump is a ordinary citizen, I thought.. These people that are playing the Jan 6th card are the ones suppose to pass bills, correct? Nothing is being passed as long as they drag this out. Move on.

Just out of curiosity, if Trump is ever indicted and convicted for something, whether it’s tax evasion, election interference (raffensberger call), or conspiracy to incite a mob, is there anything that would make you consider the idea that you’ve been wrong and the guy has been a criminal the whole time, or would it simply be a political witch hunt?
Here's the problem your side of the aisle has: you've been on a Witch Hunt to get Trump since 2016, you've been demonizing him and his supporters since then as well. You've believed every trumped-up charge, allegation every Russian dossier and anybody on Twitter that was anti Trump. Including Anonymous sources. And not just believing them, believing them without questioning. As long as it was anti-trump or anti-trump supporters it was taken as 100% fact regardless.

Now you expect those same people that you demonized to believe you and the system that was corrupted to try and get Trump - and them - in the first place. How'd you guys just done your due diligence and not rush to judgment or been hysterical because Trump won then maybe people would believe you and the media.

Here's the problem your side of the aisle has: you've been on a Witch Hunt to get Trump since 2016, you've been demonizing him and his supporters since then as well. You've believed every trumped-up charge, allegation every Russian dossier and anybody on Twitter that was anti Trump. Including Anonymous sources. And not just believing them, believing them without questioning. As long as it was anti-trump or anti-trump supporters it was taken as 100% fact regardless.
I’ll take this as a no.

But Trump is a ordinary citizen, I thought.. These people that are playing the Jan 6th card are the ones suppose to pass bills, correct? Nothing is being passed as long as they drag this out. Move on.
How is it keeping them from passing anything?  Especially when it doesn’t appear the GOP wants to work with the left on anything.  Trump still runs the party and is calling out those who work with democrats on things.  Seems criticism should be leveled towards him.

The Left still playing the Jan 6th card?

Time to move on and get back on important issues.
Literally yesterday you wrote, "What about Ashley Babitt [SIC], happened there? She was unarmed and shot. Why isn't that cop facing charges?"

And your fellow Trump fans have repeated that question so many times in this forum. 

Sounds to me like y'all think there should be an investigation. Which is great. Lets do it.

Literally yesterday you wrote, "What about Ashley Babitt [SIC], happened there? She was unarmed and shot. Why isn't that cop facing charges?"

And your fellow Trump fans have repeated that question so many times in this forum. 

Sounds to me like y'all think there should be an investigation. Which is great. Lets do it.
It should be by a Bi-Partisan crew, not Nancy Pelosi.

Okay so as I thought you're not trying to understand. You were fishing and I took the bait. Good job you got me.

You didn't really want an honest answer. I'll remember that next time.
No, I’m just honestly asking if he gets convicted in court if you would consider the idea that maybe you were wrong. He took the Russian help, and said he would again (but he didn’t conspire to hack, just accepted it after the fact.) I’m not trying to bait you into anything. 
When I read the mueller report, I came away with a different conclusion than you. When I look at his Ukraine call and the actions (withholding aid for an investigation announcement+Rudy’s interactions) I come to a different conclusion than you. When I look at the election lawsuits that didn’t go forward in court, I don’t see evidence of election fraud. If he actually got convicted in court of something would you look at it as a political hit job or would you accept the courts opinion that he is guilty of a crime? You don’t need to answer again, I’m just explaining why I’m asking. 

Or shooting someone on 5th Ave

There are Republicans on the crew…it is bipartisan (like actually bipartisan)…and  that is after the party voted against a bipartisan Investigation in the first place.
McCarthy hasn't even placed any Republicans on the Committee yet, but the Dems want to start July 21st. So the left is going to start without bi-partisan. What are the Dems scared of?

McCarthy hasn't even placed any Republicans on the Committee yet, but the Dems want to start July 21st. So the left is going to start without bi-partisan. What are the Dems scared of?
Cheney already named…and that seems McCarthy’s fault for stonewalling

Sounds like democrats want to get past this and get it over with.  Why is the GOP dragging their feet?

McCarthy hasn't even placed any Republicans on the Committee yet, but the Dems want to start July 21st.
What do you feel is the appropriate amount of time required to pick up a phone or send an email to say "X, I need you on this committee.  Thanks"?  How long should that take?

Why is McCarthy scared to put Republicans on the committee?  He’s already had weeks to do it, and he still has 9 more days. Seems like plenty of time. 

Dems aren't afraid of digging deeper and looking into it. They aren't afraid of a truly bipartisan committee to do so. They have invited the Republicans to participate, no exceptions.

So, let me ask you this: Why did the Republicans vote against a bipartisan investigation committee? Why are they dragging their feet nominating members for the committee? The fact that they are delaying should give you pause.

Democrats and their need to grossly overplay this.  Nobody cares about this.  Hunting down 60-year old nurses who have never committed a crime in their lives in a quest to fulfilled their lust for blood.  Oh boy, the world is a safer place now we have blood thirsty partisan hacks in charge.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread