What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when some police shoot an unarmed man who violently assaulted the police officer, we burn down cities and demand the police be charged and convicted of murder. 

When police shoot shoot unarmed women who assaulted no one, we give them medals and celibrate them heros. 

That is as sick of partian logic as it comes.  
The shooter in the fedeal incident was a hero, and I’m team red.  She really was a lunatic, and that could have really been ugly if she broke thru that door/window.  Both sides really need to come together, this is out of hand. 

The shooter in the fedeal incident was a hero, and I’m team red.  She really was a lunatic, and that could have really been ugly if she broke thru that door/window.  Both sides really need to come together, this is out of hand. 
The problem is you can't villianize the police in one case where they are forced to make a life and death call and make them a hero depending on the politics of the situation.  It is tragic when an officer pulls the trigger on an unarmed individual, and in this case it is even more tragic because the reason it was allowed to escalate to that point was incompetent police leadership who did not properly prepare for the crowd.   

Come on man - Trump daily was intentionally divisive and never threw out an olive branch to all Americans.  Comparing the two on this topic ridiculous.
Biden's and the left's focus on right wing and to characterize them as the biggest threat to our security is very comparable to Trump.  

The problem is you can't villianize the police in one case where they are forced to make a life and death call and make them a hero depending on the politics of the situation.  It is tragic when an officer pulls the trigger on an unarmed individual, and in this case it is even more tragic because the reason it was allowed to escalate to that point was incompetent police leadership who did not properly prepare for the crowd.   
Sorry, I can't let this go.  Complete and utter bull####.  Full stop.   

Full stop on what, the truth.  Typical leftist.  You are trying to tell me the police were prepared?  Your head is full of lies and distortions. 
The police were not prepared.  We need answers why.  The right refuses to look into why when they stonewall the hearings, and you yourself don't care - you said so yesterday.

The truth is that the mob was there per instruction from the outgoing President.  There is no arguing that.  Security would not have been needed AT ALL if there was no "Stop the Steal" to protest an election that was not stolen.  That is the root cause. 

In a riot situation, you can’t worry if she has a gun or not.  I would have assumed that she had something.   

What you mean those who don't vote Democrat.   
No.  I'm not a partisan hack.  I know it's a foreign concept for some but I only want what's best for this country.  

What happened on Jan 6 was opposite that - it was an attack on rule of law, peaceful transfer of power, the US constitution, the US Congress, and democracy itself.  For the life of me, I can't comprehend why anyone would defend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a riot situation, you can’t worry if she has a gun or not.  I would have assumed that she had something.   
But the assumptions were wrong.  No one had a gun despite what the fear-mongering media was stating.  It would be morbid to call Darren Wilson a hero for shooting Michael Brown, whether or not you thought it was justified.  He did what was warranted and it was tragic.  The same here.  No matter what you thought of Ashli Babbitt's beliefs she did not deserve to die and it was not heroic to shoot her.  It was a tragic loss of life because a situation was allowed to get out of control. 

No.  I'm not a partisan hack.  I know it's a foreign concept for some but I only want what's best for this country.  

What happened on Jan 6 was opposite that - it was an attack on rule of law, peaceful transfer of power, the US constitution, the US Congress, and democracy itself.  For the life of me, I can't comprehend why anyone would defend it.
When you get bent out of shape about a truth about the police not being prepared for a known event, you cross the line into hackery.  I defend free speech and equal treatment of people.  I can't comprehend why the left hates those so much. 

I’ll guess he doesn’t feel this way and wishes he never pulled the trigger. He killed a person and his life has been upheaved. The guy was put in a bad situation Sad comment by you  but as long as it’s used to support your team.

this comment makes as much sense as when people say Rittenhouse is a here

smh

I’ll guess he doesn’t feel this way and wishes he never pulled the trigger. He killed a person and his life has been upheaved. The guy was put in a bad situation Sad comment by you  but as long as it’s used to support your team.

this comment makes as much sense as when people say Rittenhouse is a here

smh
I’d say the people he was protecting consider him a hero.

he was put in that position by the seditious Trump supporters.

Real heroes  never feel like heroes. They just do what they are trained to do. I’m sure the incident does weigh heavily on his mind. I’m thankful he was there and had the wherewithal to make the right decision.

There is no comparison to the Rittenhouse kid. That’s crazy.

My team is America.

smh

Real heroes  never feel like heroes. They just do what they are trained to do. I’m sure the incident does weigh heavily on his mind. I’m thankful he was there and had the wherewithal to make the right decision.

My team is America.

smh
No one knows who or how many would have been injured if they got through.

My team is America.

smh
Rittenhouse was a moment away from being murdered.  If you were really on Team America you would respect the right of self-defense.  As is you are on team Left.  

Biden is all talk, no action on this.  Agree with your take on trump
Not sure what action he can take to be more unifying than he has.  He can't force some to like the other side...he can't force people to not continue to distort things far beyond the truth (see above where now apparently Biden and the left are characterizing the right wing as security threats...)

All talk is about all he can do...he can continue to try and push congress to work together on things we all need...but he can't force them to do so.

Rittenhouse was a moment away from being murdered.  If you were really on Team America you would respect the right of self-defense.  As is you are on team Left.  
A moment away from being murdered? How? None of the the individuals he shot had weapons. 

So these poeple were willing to beat police officers and spray them with bear spray and drag them outside and gouge eyeballs, etc. What do you think they would have done to helpless lawmakers if the police just let them get through?
Nothing.  You are projecting the actions of a few (and exaggerating them to boot) and projecting then on to everyone.  The vast majority even inside the Capitol interacted peacefully with police. 

Nothing.  You are projecting the actions of a few (and exaggerating them to boot) and projecting then on to everyone.  The vast majority even inside the Capitol interacted peacefully with police. 
I am confused. Some were willing to beat police with various objects in order to gain access to the Capitol. You think those same people did all that just to do nothing should they have encountered a lawmaker?

A moment away from being murdered? How? None of the the individuals he shot had weapons. 
The guy he shot in the arm had a gun in his hand and stated to a buddy he intended to shoot Rittenhouse.  The first guy was a known psychopath who was screaming at Rittenhouse and chasing him down and then grab his gun before Rittenhouse shot him.  So 2 of the 3 pretty clearly had intent to kill.  The third guy had struck Rittenhouse across the head with his skateboard. He was the nicest one. 

I am confused. Some were willing to beat police with various objects in order to gain access to the Capitol. You think those same people did all that just to do nothing should they have encountered a lawmaker?
They wanted to get inside to have lawmakers hear their voices.  The objects (the flagpole, extinguisher, bear spray) were outside.  You don't think similar crap dies not happen at other protests?   

The guy he shot in the arm had a gun in his hand and stated to a buddy he intended to shoot Rittenhouse.  The first guy was a known psychopath who was screaming at Rittenhouse and chasing him down and then grab his gun before Rittenhouse shot him.  So 2 of the 3 pretty clearly had intent to kill.  The third guy had struck Rittenhouse across the head with his skateboard. He was the nicest one. 
My mistake on the third guy having a weapon.

But the assumptions were wrong.  No one had a gun despite what the fear-mongering media was stating.  It would be morbid to call Darren Wilson a hero for shooting Michael Brown, whether or not you thought it was justified.  He did what was warranted and it was tragic.  The same here.  No matter what you thought of Ashli Babbitt's beliefs she did not deserve to die and it was not heroic to shoot her.  It was a tragic loss of life because a situation was allowed to get out of control. 
I pretty much agree with this. It was tragic for sure. 

No it is not.  It was the police's fault for not being ready for that crowd they knew were coming  and the protestors were there to have their voices heard.  They were not there to physically stop the transfer of power.  
And yet, that's exactly what they tried to do.  

If only there was someone who could have called in the National Guard as soon as things started heating up at the Capitol.  

They just really, really, really wanted their voices heard.  it's a safe assumption to say anybody willing to rush and hurt cops and break through windows and barricades would calmly sit down for a polite conversation about policies and the constitution when they reached the lawmakers.  ;)

The reason it was allowed to escalate was an incompetent president. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what action he can take to be more unifying than he has.  He can't force some to like the other side...he can't force people to not continue to distort things far beyond the truth (see above where now apparently Biden and the left are characterizing the right wing as security threats...)

All talk is about all he can do...he can continue to try and push congress to work together on things we all need...but he can't force them to do so.
Obviously it will take time.  We are all guilty of micromanaging to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread