What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (9 Viewers)

Jacobs back at practice today.  And Jalen Richard has been designated to return off of IR.  Team will have 21 days to decided to activate him to the roster or revert him to the practice squad. 

Hopefully the extra day this week helps Jacobs get on the field for MNF.

Jacobs back at practice today.  And Jalen Richard has been designated to return off of IR.  Team will have 21 days to decided to activate him to the roster or revert him to the practice squad. 

Hopefully the extra day this week helps Jacobs get on the field for MNF.
Obviously, this is a huge game.   We need some players to get healthy.

Way to kick a dude when he is down...

Las Vegas Raiders defensive tackle Gerald McCoy was suspended without pay for six games for violating the NFL's policy against performance-enhancing substances, the league announced Wednesday.

McCoy, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 1, said in a statement posted to Twitter that he was prescribed a banned substance "to help with scar tissue and tendon strength from a previous injury" and that it was "an honest mistake."

The NFL said McCoy will immediately begin serving the suspension without pay while on the team's reserve/injured list.

"I love the game of football and have nothing but respect for the players, fans, and this league," McCoy said in his statement. "I've given my all to this game and worked my entire career to compete, train, and rehabilitate at a high level with integrity.

"It is with great disappointment that I recently learned I tested positive for a banned substance. ... In no way would I ever intentionally take anything to help with performance or gain a competitive advantage. This was an honest mistake, but it's something I take full responsibility for. I apologize to my family, the NFL, my teammates, and the fans and ask humbly for your forgiveness."

The six-time Pro Bowler, who was placed on injured reserve, had his season end early because of injury for the second consecutive year. The 33-year-old suffered a ruptured right quadriceps in training camp with the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 before signing a one-year, $1.25 million free-agent deal with Las Vegas on Aug. 4.

Raiders WR Bryan Edwards leads NFL in contested catch grade

When the Raiders selected Bryan Edwards in the third round off the 2020 NFL draft, they did so because he was an extremely physical receiver. At South Carolina, he routinely out-muscled players at big schools, such as Trevon Diggs and Patrick Surtain II at Alabama.

After selecting Henry Ruggs III at pick No. 12 that year, they wanted to pair him with a big receiver who could win in contested areas. It took a while, but Edwards is starting to show the rest of the league that the Raiders were right to pick him so high.

According to Pro Football Focus, no player in the NFL has a better grade in contested catch situations than Edwards. He routinely wins when the ball is in the air and finds ways to finish through contact. While contested throws aren’t a big part of the offense for the Raiders, it’s nice to have someone on the roster who thrives in those situations.

Through three weeks, Edwards has totaled 210 yards on just 13 targets for the Raiders. As he and Derek Carr continue to build a connection, it’s fair to assume that he will see more work in the passing game.

As of now, Edwards is a highly efficient receiver who is used in a very specific part of the field for the Raiders. However, look for his role to gradually get bigger as he becomes more comfortable in the offense.

Highest receiving grades on contested targets this season:

Bryan Edwards - 93.1

Terry McLaurin - 91.4

DJ Moore - 91.3

Raiders are signing former Bears WR Javon Wims to the practice squad, per source. Had a good tryout with the team and now in the mix in Las Vegas.

Raiders CB Nate Hobbs Making a Solid Start to NFL Career

Las Vegas Raiders rookie cornerback Nate Hobbs has been named as a top 15 NFL rookie after Week 3 action.

HIKARU KUDO

The 2021 fifth-round draft pick for the Las Vegas Raiders has been delivering on the field during the first three weeks of the regular season.

After three weeks, cornerback Nate Hobbs has been named among Pro Football Focus’s top 15 NFL rookies of the 2021 season.

Hobbs has a PFF overall grade of 76.8 after three weeks. His numbers help show how he has been doing so far in his career.

In three games, Hobbs has allowed a total of only 48 yards on 12 targets. Hobbs has also booked five defensive stops, averaging over one defensive stop per game.

PFF also noted that since Hobbs played outside cornerback at Illinois in college, his adjustment to the slot is even more impressive.

A Raiders defense that desperately need improvement in the secondary might have found their solution.

While of course it is way too early in the season and subsequently in Hobbs' career, he’s showing promise so far on the field.

As the Raiders now head on the road to take on the Los Angeles Chargers, Hobbs will have to continue playing at that level if not better than what he has been for the first three weeks of the season.

Keep an eye on Hobbs, Raider Nation.

Top 10 WR deep threats by Nick Shook

#7 Ruggs

Ruggs, a first-round pick in 2020, didn't produce much of a return on the investment as a rookie, but 2021 is shaping up to be a much different story. Selected for his rare explosiveness, Ruggs is using that to his advantage this season, getting himself open on 60 percent of his deep targets -- the fourth-highest rate for any player with two or more deep receptions this season. It's produced a dagger of a touchdown in a Week 2 win over Pittsburgh, and it also has Ruggs among the league leaders in receiving yards gained on deep targets at 121 on three receptions. Derek Carr's passer rating is stellar when throwing the deep ball to Ruggs, currently standing at 143.8. And if his college tape at Alabama is any proof, Ruggs might just be getting started in a receiving corps that's filled with capable pass catchers running routes for a team unafraid to let it fly.

#10 Edwards

The inclusion of two Raiders on this list is undoubtedly a product of the team's desire to air it out in 2021. Derek Carr leads the league in passing yards (1,203) entering Week 4, and only Tom Brady has thrown more passes than Carr thus far. Enter Edwards, a second-year pass catcher who has 10 catches for 210 yards in his first three contests. When it comes to the deep ball, Edwards has used his blend of size and speed to make defenses pay, especially when they decide to get physical with him. Eighty percent of Edwards' deep targets have come against press coverage, and he's caught half of those four targets, gaining 66 yards. Of the 10 receivers on this list, no one has been given less of a cushion (just 2.9 yards per deep target) at the line than Edwards, but that hasn't kept him from beating defenses deep.

Raiders only team with 2 on the list

Raiders CB Nate Hobbs Making a Solid Start to NFL Career

Las Vegas Raiders rookie cornerback Nate Hobbs has been named as a top 15 NFL rookie after Week 3 action.

HIKARU KUDO

The 2021 fifth-round draft pick for the Las Vegas Raiders has been delivering on the field during the first three weeks of the regular season.

After three weeks, cornerback Nate Hobbs has been named among Pro Football Focus’s top 15 NFL rookies of the 2021 season.

Hobbs has a PFF overall grade of 76.8 after three weeks. His numbers help show how he has been doing so far in his career.

In three games, Hobbs has allowed a total of only 48 yards on 12 targets. Hobbs has also booked five defensive stops, averaging over one defensive stop per game.

PFF also noted that since Hobbs played outside cornerback at Illinois in college, his adjustment to the slot is even more impressive.

A Raiders defense that desperately need improvement in the secondary might have found their solution.

While of course it is way too early in the season and subsequently in Hobbs' career, he’s showing promise so far on the field.

As the Raiders now head on the road to take on the Los Angeles Chargers, Hobbs will have to continue playing at that level if not better than what he has been for the first three weeks of the season.

Keep an eye on Hobbs, Raider Nation.

Awesome article on the Athletic this week about Hobbs... It's behind a paywall, so I'll only post exerpts with some bolded emphasis...

The ascent of Raiders rookie Nate Hobbs: ‘My work is not done yet’

Tashan Reed Sep 30, 2021 75 

Nate Hobbs had no expectations of playing in the NFL. Growing up in the West End of Louisville, Ky., he had never seen anyone make it to the league firsthand. For someone raised in a family of five supported by a household income of $25,000, earning a full-ride scholarship to play football at Illinois was enough.

“Making it to college where I’m from, that’s like making it to the NFL,” Hobbs said while driving home from a Raiders practice earlier this month. “I really wasn’t thinking about the NFL until my junior year when scouts started hitting me up. … So, when that became real to me, that just put me in a whole other drive because I was like, ‘Damn, this is attainable. ####, it’s something I can do.'”

Initially, life at home was good for Hobbs. Yes, his family was poor, but he had both his parents, an older brother, a younger brother and a younger sister. They didn’t have much money, but they had family and that got them all through. When Hobbs was 12 years old, however, his father, Nate Hobbs Sr., died in his sleep from cardiac arrest. That left his mother, Denise, with three kids still in the house to raise on her own and forced her late husband’s namesake to mature.

“I had to grow up quicker,” Hobbs said. “But I just tried to keep playing sports as a way to just keep my head on straight. Because if you don’t play sports there and you live in a certain area, then it’s probably not going to be good for you.”

Hobbs also thoroughly enjoyed athletics, but he partly played T-ball, basketball and football to keep himself occupied both mentally and physically. Denise always made sure her children were doing something outside of school to help protect them from the dangers of their environment. Sports and his immediate family were everything to Hobbs.

“####, all we had was each other,” Hobbs said. “It was a lot of times where we just had to rely on each other.”

On the football field, Hobbs was a talented but undersized player who spent his freshman and sophomore seasons at Louisville Male High on junior varsity. That wasn’t uncommon for a roster loaded with talent and coach Chris Wolfe still saw enough to make Hobbs a starter at outside cornerback as a junior. He was one of just two juniors who started on a team that went 15-0.

Hobbs played well, but he wasn’t dominant. He grew taller, filled out physically and took another step athletically the following offseason and was an entirely different player his senior year.

“From a football standpoint, I’ve been coaching 22 years and by the time he was a senior, I don’t know that we’ve ever had a kid as athletic as him,” Wolfe said earlier this month. “He had all the typical things of the guys that are going to be successful. Obviously, he was incredibly gifted, but he had a great work ethic and great toughness about him.”

Off the field, Hobbs had to work in order to help support his family. After going to school, practice and work, he often didn’t make it home until 10 p.m. or later. He didn’t have time to worry about recruiting, and neither he nor his mother had the money for him to attend recruiting camps or go on unofficial visits, anyway. He had an uncle, Lanier Hobbs, who took notice of both his talent and predicament, though, and reached out to help.

“He stepped up as a father figure because I ain’t really have a father figure,” Hobbs said. “He was telling me I need to go to these camps and do this, that and the third and I was like, ‘Bruh, I can’t do that. I got work.’ He was like, ‘Whatever you don’t have, just let me know.’ … He played a big role in where I’m at right now.”

Hobbs didn’t need much of an adjustment period to make an impact at the next level. He started 10 games as a freshman, led the defense in snaps played and made the Big Ten Network All-Freshman team. Despite the seamless transition and immediate results, however, Hobbs was overly reliant on his talent.

He understood coverages and defensive concepts from his time at Louisville Male, but then-Illinois coach Lovie Smith taught him to better understand what the offense was doing. He not only picked up on the intricacies of the Cover 2 zone scheme that Illinois ran but began to key in on offensive tendencies and strategies. He was suspended for three games to start his sophomore year for a violation of team rules, but Smith gave him a chance to redeem himself partly due to his overall improvement, and he went on to start seven games.

“Without him giving me that chance at Illinois, I wouldn’t be here,” Hobbs said in May. “He’s taught me a lot about the game of football and him being an NFL coach, I feel like I’m already on that NFL level mindset-wise and I know how to carry myself like an NFL guy on and off the field.”

Hobbs decided to stay. Not long after that his uncle, who remained an instrumental figure in his life and attended all of his college games to that point, died. The loss rocked him, but it didn’t break him.

“I feel like God has put me in this position for a reason,” Hobbs said. “And as long as I’m not dead, as long as I’m still here, I’m going to keep going.”

Hobbs gravitated to [Illinois WR coach] Hudson more after losing his uncle and found yet another father figure in the process. Smith had given an edict to his coaching staff to develop the players on the roster as men before developing them as athletes, and Hudson took that to heart. He spoke to Denise, learned more about Hobbs’ story and made a genuine effort to form a bond with the young player.

The then-20-year-old had good character, was caring, had a big heart and had experience handling responsibility, but he still had room to grow. His sophomore suspension taught him a lesson, and that coupled with Hudson’s guidance helped him improve when it came to the way he carried himself and how he engaged with others.

“I saw him grow light years in one year,” Hudson said. “He totally changed everything about him: The way he dressed, the way he carried himself, all that. He turned himself into a great ambassador of the university. … And I wasn’t the only one: Coach Smith was right there preaching the exact same thing. We had a strong group of men that were around him.”

Hobbs left his mark at Illinois both on and off the field. Hudson described him as a “catalyst” and praised him for not only being able to back up his talk with action but also making an effort to teach those around him. He emerged as a team leader in his last couple of years and helped instill a sense of accountability among those in his position group. And, on the field, he was an X-factor.

He can play anywhere on the field,” Hudson said. “Also, Nate is freaking physical. He’s a boy dog. He’s extremely tough. Once again, that comes from his house and just where he was raised at. Louisville is a tough city, and that kid represents that through and through. He’s an absolute tough, physical, ferocious player. It’s rare to have a corner that’s tough and has phenomenal ball skills with a big-time athletic skill set. Nate can jump out of the gym. He can 360 windmill. He can do the Vince Carter, baby, I’m serious. This guy got bunnies.”

The Raiders moved Hobbs up their draft board and the coaches and scouts alike had a consensus in their view of him, but they still wanted to get him in a video call as a final confirmation.

The coaches challenged him mentally. They told him verbiage from the defensive scheme and asked him to repeat it. They had him to describe concepts. They showed him still images of plays and told him to explain what was happening.

“He knocked it out of the park,” Mayock said. “And then it was the whole group getting together to say, ‘We gotta get this guy.'”

The Raiders did just that in the fifth round with the 167th pick, which they acquired from the Seahawks in a trade for guard Gabe Jackson earlier in the offseason. Hobbs, who was at home in Louisville when he got drafted, quickly flashed his confidence that he could live up to expectations.

Through three starts, Hobbs is eighth on the team in defensive snaps and has looked comfortable both in pass coverage and against the run. He’s fifth on the team with 11 tackles. He’s given up 11 catches on 12 targets according to Sportradar, but those completions have only gone for 44 total yards, which is an average of just 4.4 yards per catch, and he’s yet to give up a touchdown. His play has resulted in more confidence from the coaching staff: He played just 50 percent of the defensive snaps in Week 1 but jumped to 82 percent in Week 2 and 86 percent in Week 3. He’s already become a fixture of the defense and one of the best rookie cornerbacks in the league.

Josh Jacobs is officially questionable. Everyone else was a full participant in practice Saturday.

LB Kenneth Murray suffered an ankle injury (carted off the field) and is questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did it. 

Benched Josh Allen (#4 pick in my 12 team super-flex redraft) for Carr.

Ruggs in as my other flex.

Taking some time before locking in Jacobs over Javonte & Sermon

Right now I have Carr, Ruggs, Hebert & Mike Williams going.

:drive: :popcorn: :pickle:

Anyone think Jacobs could be a late scratch?

I love the fun but taking a 🍩 for fun, or pride, is never good.

Everything I have seen says he's going to play.

so dicey.  what's your option?
Nothing on Monday.

Javonte & Sermon with 1pm starts.

I would go Sermon with little question with Mitchell out but that's not my question.

I want to have fun with this, I just don't want to be stupid in the me of fun.

Did Gruden actually call Jacobs a GTD?

Nothing on Monday.

Javonte & Sermon with 1pm starts.

I would go Sermon with little question with Mitchell out but that's not my question.

I want to have fun with this, I just don't want to be stupid in the me of fun.

Did Gruden actually call Jacobs a GTD?
yes.  he's gtd

Murray ruled out. Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. is questionable and will be a game-time decision for Los Angeles. Defensive lineman Justin Jones will miss his third straight game with a calf injury.

In line to get into SoFi right now. It's easily 75-85% Raider fans here so far. Unless the Chargers fans were scared to show up early, it's gonna be a blackout in LA tonight! 💣  :ninja: 🖤🎩🧟‍♂️🗣️🎱♣️🌑🌚 :fro: :ph34r:
They were saying before the game "I have never seen anything like this before"

In line to get into SoFi right now. It's easily 75-85% Raider fans here so far. Unless the Chargers fans were scared to show up early, it's gonna be a blackout in LA tonight! 💣  :ninja: 🖤🎩🧟‍♂️🗣️🎱♣️🌑🌚 :fro: :ph34r:
my cousin is a die hard chargers fan and has season tickets but he sold his tonight and made back half of what he paid for the year, I have a feeling lots of season ticket holders did the same. 

Carr still panics too much for my liking, i’m happy how he has played so far (even tonight). still a long way to go but the raiders have reasons to be optimistic after week 4 for the first time in a long time 

That first half was as ugly as I remember a game that didn't feature any turn overs.  Outside if Renfrow's amazing play on ST to recognize a fake punt (I think it was an adjustment at the line based on having an uncovered gunner), adjust and make a great play, there was nothing to talk of.  

Was very happy to see how the Raiders responded coming out in the 3rd.  Got back to what has been working for them this season and got the Chargers on their heals for a small moment in time. 

In hindsight, I would have preferred for Gruden the offense on the field and go for it on 4th and 9 at the LAC 34.  Just over 10 mins left in the game.  An opportunity to tie the game on that drive.  A FG does little to resolve the issues the Raiders were facing.  I suspect the sack that Carr took on the 3rd down (was 3rd and 3) changed his decision in the moment. 

I'll be monitoring the reports closely to see how bad the injuries are to Mullen and Arnette.  

That first half was as ugly as I remember a game that didn't feature any turn overs.  Outside if Renfrow's amazing play on ST to recognize a fake punt (I think it was an adjustment at the line based on having an uncovered gunner), adjust and make a great play, there was nothing to talk of.  

Was very happy to see how the Raiders responded coming out in the 3rd.  Got back to what has been working for them this season and got the Chargers on their heals for a small moment in time. 

In hindsight, I would have preferred for Gruden the offense on the field and go for it on 4th and 9 at the LAC 34.  Just over 10 mins left in the game.  An opportunity to tie the game on that drive.  A FG does little to resolve the issues the Raiders were facing.  I suspect the sack that Carr took on the 3rd down (was 3rd and 3) changed his decision in the moment. 

I'll be monitoring the reports closely to see how bad the injuries are to Mullen and Arnette.  
Carr and the rest of the team seemed confused and off for at least the first quarter.   I didn’t like the play calling and don’t think it helped Carr or the offense.   The O line is average at best and is not going to help this team win games against a team like the Chargers.

Gruden better have a game plan to go to immediately when his O line is getting beat in future games.  Leatherwood is a struggling rookie.    Incognito needs to return soon.   

It was great to see the team respond in the second half.  They fought hard against a very good team.  The AFC W is loaded.  

Our lack of quality depth is getting exploited.  When your key players don't play well the scrubs aren't going to pick you up.  That play by Renfro was insane and the DL is looking nice but LAC are too good a team for most of the regulars to stink it up for 70% of the game and then pull it off like we did last week.

Our lack of quality depth is getting exploited.  When your key players don't play well the scrubs aren't going to pick you up.  That play by Renfro was insane and the DL is looking nice but LAC are too good a team for most of the regulars to stink it up for 70% of the game and then pull it off like we did last week.
Yeah good teams don't put themselves down by 2-3 scores every week. You can't do that and expect to win regularly.

For me the most glaring weakness that showed through last night was the offensive line. Miller was the only one who wasn't regularly getting trucked. Leatherwood had a couple true ole efforts and the interior got abused all night long.

I don't know if a problem like that can be fixed in season.

Gruden is too conservative in the first half. OL run blocking was rough. Need to set up the run with quick short-passing and no huddle early on in games like this, then bludgen later, once the D gets tired. What happened to the bad Chargers run D? They crumpled the Raiders OL last night.

Carr is a good QB, but in order to take the next big step he needs to use his legs more. There were several moments where he could have tucked and ran for 3-8 yards or more, but instead waited and was sacked. Herbert run in the 4th was the polar dicotomy play.

Energy in the stadium was unreal for the Raiders. Oddly enough, it seemed like it gave the Chargers a chip on their shoulder. Like it's them against the world. Their fans certainly seemed that way. They were pretty abusive once they got out to the 14-21 point lead. They were clearly letting out the frustration of seeing their home stadium overrun by silver and black.

Arnette is still a problem. Amik is a baller at outside corner. He needs to start if Mullen is going to be out.

4th down conversion late to Cook was inexcusable, after he and the other TE had repeatedly made plays in key moments all game. That one is one Gruden and Bradley. 

Say what you will about CeeDee Lamb but good things tend to happen when you throw deep to Ruggs.

3 shots, 1 catch 51 yards, one OPI for 45 and a miss on a wide open game changer (that last one I put on the o-line that let Carr get harassed all night).

I know people really like Bryan Edwards and I think he can be a player but when it's 3rd & 5, don't run a 4 yard route, and if you do how about not doing the whole deer in the headlights thing after you catch it.

INJURIES...INJURIES...

The Chargers completely exposed the Oline last night. Miami did as well but didn't have the offense to capitalize on it and get the win last week. 

They had to expect Leatherwood and James were going to struggle a little, but losing Good and Incognito has hurt them immensely. Did I see Simmons out there most of the night? Now they're down to the #3 AND #5 guards!?! That's seriously a tough challenge and a huge issue. Praying Cable can work some magic and patch together something that can keep Carr upright and can get a healthy RB one FREAKING yard when they need it.

Hopefully Mullen's injury isn't too serious, they need him out there bad. Arnette is a liability, another week and he let another WR get behind him. If Herbert was on target, that was an easy TD. 

The injuries are starting to concern me, there is only so much a team can take, see 9ers last year. We knew they weren't going undefeated. Gotta stack those wins in November and December. 

I know people really like Bryan Edwards and I think he can be a player but when it's 3rd & 5, don't run a 4 yard route, and if you do how about not doing the whole deer in the headlights thing after you catch it.
I saw that too.   Instead of diving forward for a yard and the first, he froze.  That didn’t matter though.  The weak O line mattered.  I miss Hudson and knew that move was going to bite us.  

The D plays well most of the time but I have never seen so many wide open players, especially on third or fourth and short. 

I saw that too.   Instead of diving forward for a yard and the first, he froze.  That didn’t matter though.  The weak O line mattered.  I miss Hudson and knew that move was going to bite us.  

The D plays well most of the time but I have never seen so many wide open players, especially on third or fourth and short. 
Agreed. I understand that it is often better to move on from a player a year early than a year late but his absence hurts, bad.

If they want to win this year they should own that mistake and try and trade for a young talented center. It would suck to offer a first or a second for a player that wouldn't be up to speed in this system, but I don't see how they can win consistently with this offensive line.

Chargers o line played well, raiders o line didn't. I thought the Raiders secondary played well, but that defensive scheme was not great, the db's looked lost in too plays. Was that because of the injuries? It's only the second game I caught since the season opener.

I know it's cliche to complain about the officiating in a Raiders game, but the officiating in that Raiders game was embarrassing. Stripes controlled the flow of that first half and they shouldn't make it so obvious. Vegas must have called or something.

Chargers o line played well, raiders o line didn't. I thought the Raiders secondary played well, but that defensive scheme was not great, the db's looked lost in too plays. Was that because of the injuries? It's only the second game I caught since the season opener.

I know it's cliche to complain about the officiating in a Raiders game, but the officiating in that Raiders game was embarrassing. Stripes controlled the flow of that first half and they shouldn't make it so obvious. Vegas must have called or something.
The taunting call on Waller was strange for sure.  I watch players throw down the ball all game, every game.  

The taunting call on Waller was strange for sure.  I watch players throw down the ball all game, every game.  

There was a missed intentional grounding in call on Herbert early on. He was very clearly still within the tackles and yet not even the hint of a flag. If that were Carr there would have been 3 flags on the field.  Also not sure how they overturned that Jacobs 1st down run. Was his knee not still up when the ball touched the ground past the marker?? Seemed like that to me at least.

Queue stinking ref to come in now and tell us we're crazy. I don't care, those calls were stupid bad.

There was a missed intentional grounding in call on Herbert early on. He was very clearly still within the tackles and yet not even the hint of a flag. If that were Carr there would have been 3 flags on the field.  Also not sure how they overturned that Jacobs 1st down run. Was his knee not still up when the ball touched the ground past the marker?? Seemed like that to me at least.

Queue stinking ref to come in now and tell us we're crazy. I don't care, those calls were stupid bad.
Yeah, clearly his shoulder hit the 18 yard line before his knees were down. They rarely overturn down and distance calls too, unless they are totally obvious bad ball spots. I was shocked (not-shocked) by that one.

that jacobs call reversal prompted my reaction more than the taunting call. both terrible, but i dunno anyone who can say they have actually seen an NFL crew CONFIRM such a reversal. ever.

Still ruminating. Ugly game.

I did get in for free, so there’s that.  The lightning storm knocked out WiFi and internet. It was a #### show because everyone had their tickets on their phones. It got UGLY outside, with 1000’s of fans, unable to get in.  Plenty of fights and a massive police presence, response. The sofi employees were justifiably freaked out.  The lack of internet, screwed our plan to buy tickets last minute. But it did give us the brilliant idea to see if we could BS our way in. So we called the dude in a suit over, and explained that we couldn’t access our tickets online.  My buddy called up an email(that worked for some reason) with his brothers ticket receipt. Manger said looks legit. I’ll walk you in. 🤣🤣🤣. Since we were on a roll, we finagled our way into the the club and watched most of the game from there. 

Kwiat had a horrible game.  Terrible tackling and out of position all t(e time.

I know The LB’s in coverage is a by product of the scheme, but it is seriously concerning.  On the plus side perryman was soooo close to breaking up that 4th down pass though.  What a pick up that is turning into!  Start all opposing te’s going forward  😜

the online got pushed around and the play calling, to start the game, was dubious to be kind  there were a couple of horse#### calls in the 1st that really put the team in a hole  I’ve watched that spot overturn 5 times.  I don’t get it.   the taunting?  Awful.   lots of conspiracy BS out there  especially with this lead ref   :shrug:  

The place was ROCKING in the 3rd quarter  decoy spice was making a difference  we need more of that.  throw it deep!  The playcalling was noticeable better in the 2nd half  duh  

That stadium is ridiculous.  It’s incredibly loud.  They  did a better job than allegiant with the music, the lights, etc  they have a wind up air siren, pretty great.  I hope the people runnng the LV stadium up their game. That video screen?  Whoa

next week is HUGE   Gotta win that one  

the injuries are starting to matter  only so much duct tape to hold it together  the db’s played great, considering the injuries.  Gruden was concerned about Mullen and arnette in his presser today.  I fully expect  dix  to be on the field next week.  Nixon as well  

Bruno2 said:
Yeah, clearly his shoulder hit the 18 yard line before his knees were down. They rarely overturn down and distance calls too, unless they are totally obvious bad ball spots. I was shocked (not-shocked) by that one.
I was shocked they didn't bring out the sticks for a measurement.  Maybe he was down short but to be able to tell for sure by that replay is nonsense.

The place was ROCKING in the 3rd quarter  decoy spice was making a difference  we need more of that.  throw it deep!  
I know you're joking but Bombs Away All Day Spice had 3 deep balls thrown his way, 45 yard OPI, 51 yard reception and a missed wide open connection because the o-line was overwhelmed and Carr was running for his life.

At this point someone needs to make the argument for why they shouldn't put up 20 deep balls a game to BAAD Spice. The guy has a gift.

As bad as the Jacobs & Waller calls were I was most shocked that the offense didn't capitalize after Renfrow made one of the plays of the year on that fake punt.  Not only did he make the read and break up the pass but he laid lumber doing it.

It was a 0-7 game at that point and not only did that amazing play fail to jump start the offense, they got worse (false start Leatherwood -5, sack -10) 3 & out. You're supposed to go out and ball after something like that. Bupkis.

That was when I really started to worry that it was going to be a long night.

Users who are viewing this thread