What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (1 Viewer)

I know you're joking but Bombs Away All Day Spice had 3 deep balls thrown his way, 45 yard OPI, 51 yard reception and a missed wide open connection because the o-line was overwhelmed and Carr was running for his life.

At this point someone needs to make the argument for why they shouldn't put up 20 deep balls a game to BAAD Spice. The guy has a gift.
Not joking.  get decoy spice deep!  Now!

Cowboys just released Jaylon Smith!

I know he'll never be the player he was before the knee but still, he only 26 and he can't be worse than some.of the guys the Raiders have out there.

Cowboys just released Jaylon Smith!

I know he'll never be the player he was before the knee but still, he only 26 and he can't be worse than some.of the guys the Raiders have out there.
Unfortunately he will need to clear waivers, I don't think he is a vested veteran, so it's highly unlikely the Raiders will get the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately he will need to clear waivers, I don't think he is a vested veteran, so it's highly unlikely the Raiders will get the opportunity.
He has more than the 4 years vesting. He was released and not waived. 

Open to sign. I would live to grab him but do we have the cap space to make a compelling offer? I don't know. Hopefully we make a decent offer and the no state income tax snd recent winning makes it compelling. 

I would like him because I think he has the talent and youth but Oline and now Secondary are bigger concerns... though there is no one of his caliber available in those areas. He would provide instant depth for us and we could rotate more like the Dline to keep our guys fresh, plus Kwiat is just not a fit for this defense but I think Jaylon could excel in it. 

Open to sign. I would live to grab him but do we have the cap space to make a compelling offer? I don't know. Hopefully we make a decent offer and the no state income tax snd recent winning makes it compelling. 

I would like him because I think he has the talent and youth but Oline and now Secondary are bigger concerns... though there is no one of his caliber available in those areas. He would provide instant depth for us and we could rotate more like the Dline to keep our guys fresh, plus Kwiat is just not a fit for this defense but I think Jaylon could excel in it. 
Nice post Nailed it.

Thanks for clearing that up @Chadstroma, would love to see him in Silver & Black. There is a dearth of talent, depth at the very least, in the back seven in Las Vegas. 

The Chargers killed them in the flats on Monday. They have to throw any #### they can find against the wall and see if it sticks.

Smith should be better than any of the LBs short of Perryman. Don't know how he fits into the scheme but... please go get him Mark.

I agree that the o-line is a much bigger issue bet the in-season options are always limited. Not worried about the cap, isn't that why they dumped virtually the entire offensive line this off-season?

They have $4.9 mil according to sporttrac, which is middle of the pack, that's enough to make a big season move.

Why did the Cowboys cut Jaylon?

They are a savvy org. Don't they run the same scheme from the same defensive coaching tree that Bradley is from?

Asking for a friend.

So... that sucked. 

We have got to figure out a way to get the team awake before the 2nd half. I am glad that we can make the adjustments and at the half but we need to have more punch to start. I think the big problem is our line. Not having Incognito was not great but then losing Good really hurt. Simpson can play but Eluemunor is not starting material (at least not yet, 26 years old I don't want to say never) and I believe Simmons had playing time. Along with James and Leatherwood learning on the job it is going to make it rough to get much production out of the line. Getting Incognito back would make a huge difference not only for his level of play but I believe also for his attitude and tenacity he brings and that kicks Simpson to the the right side to help give Leatherwood more of an anchor. 

Jacobs was not himself. The line not being as good or not, Jacobs just was not himself for sure. He was not running as hard or as crisp as he normally does. 

The biggest concern is the injuries to the secondary. With Mullen being carted off and ruled out fairly quickly, I fear that may be serious, shown as a foot injury. The injury with Arnette is odd... it looked to me with that hit maybe a neck or back or something like that but it was a groin issue. Hobbs was taken out late in the 4th with a concussion. Other injuries from the game were Barber (toe) and Carrier (pec). The only good news is that Robertson looked like he could fight there. But suddenly we are very thin of corners. We are going into this contest with apparently two available corners in Hayward and Robertson and hopefully Hobbs is not in concussion protocol. Robert Jackson is the only corner on the PS right now. I would expect some roster moves... Rasul Douglas is on the PS with the Cardinals I believe right now. Maybe bring him in as he spent some time in the offseason? Assuming we didn't hate him when he was here with us. 

That decoy is a weapon huh? If he caught that other one and Carr didn't have that bad throw for the INT.... we could be talking a different outcome right now. And that is saying something. As much as I hate to admit it the Dolts have a dang good team. They have both a D and offense to win some games. The AFC West is going to be rough for sure. We are in it but so are the Chefs and Dolts (I think the Donkeys are not as good as people are taking them and if Bridgewater isn't at QB they will be even less of a worry). 

I am getting a man crush on Renfrow. Last week it was the absolute beauty of one of the best routes I have ever seen. This week it was that awesome recognition of what was happening and dropping a textbook "this is how you hit a guy hard" hit to break up the play. 

It sucks. We lost. It was not like a loss we have had in the past. This was a tough team and even with the bad play in the 1st half, we were able to come back and make it a game. 

Thanks for clearing that up @Chadstroma, would love to see him in Silver & Black. There is a dearth of talent, depth at the very least, in the back seven in Las Vegas. 

The Chargers killed them in the flats on Monday. They have to throw any #### they can find against the wall and see if it sticks.

Smith should be better than any of the LBs short of Perryman. Don't know how he fits into the scheme but... please go get him Mark.

I agree that the o-line is a much bigger issue bet the in-season options are always limited. Not worried about the cap, isn't that why they dumped virtually the entire offensive line this off-season?

They have $4.9 mil according to sporttrac, which is middle of the pack, that's enough to make a big season move.
4 years is vested. This is his 5th. I am a Notre Dame fan so I have been a fan of his for years beyond the 4 he has been in the NFL. Currently ranked 11th I believe for LB's with at least 100 snaps. He has speed which is a premium in Bradley's system (and a big reason why I think Kwiat struggles). Though they have played him as OLB this year he has been a MLB during his career. Littleton has played well. KJ is solid. I would like to grab him more for long term but we MUST do something with the secondary if Mullen and Arnette are out for significant time. So, we may not be able to blow that cash on him just out of the need for us to spend in elsewhere. I have to believe he will get some bigger offers than what we can give but that should come from some dumpster teams that are trying to rebuild versus a team like us that is winning... plus the no state income tax is a big difference maker... so we can dream. 

They are a savvy org. Don't they run the same scheme from the same defensive coaching tree that Bradley is from?

Asking for a friend.
hhmmnn... I didn't think of that.... yea, Dan Quinn is the DC there and that is from the same school as Bradley of the cover 3 Legion of Boom days. 

I would certainly defer to Bradley but they have Parsons and made a big investment in Neal (coming back from COVID list). Neal playing the MLB, Parsons SLB and Vander Esch WLB. 

I think I read that this frees up a lot of cap space for them next year so it could just be that. I saw somewhere that PFF had him ranked 11th among all LB's with 100 snaps this season. He played almost all defense snaps last year. 

Asking for a friend.
It is interesting though... does it make him more appealing to us that he has an off-season and a few games in a similar system or does that make him less interesting as he is being cast off as not being good enough in that system. I forgot Quinn was the DC there now. 

4 years is vested. This is his 5th. I am a Notre Dame fan so I have been a fan of his for years beyond the 4 he has been in the NFL. Currently ranked 11th I believe for LB's with at least 100 snaps. He has speed which is a premium in Bradley's system (and a big reason why I think Kwiat struggles). Though they have played him as OLB this year he has been a MLB during his career. Littleton has played well. KJ is solid. I would like to grab him more for long term but we MUST do something with the secondary if Mullen and Arnette are out for significant time. So, we may not be able to blow that cash on him just out of the need for us to spend in elsewhere. I have to believe he will get some bigger offers than what we can give but that should come from some dumpster teams that are trying to rebuild versus a team like us that is winning... plus the no state income tax is a big difference maker... so we can dream. 
I understand they must do something in the secondary, they also must do something on the OL. But KJ has not been solid, he looks used up. Ekeker abused him on that TD reception and they were repeatedly beat in the flats by TEs (the TEs beat them all over the field really) and I understand that isn't entirely on the LBs but a couple of those short flat conversions we're clearly their misses.

You have to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves, especially mid-season when there are limited opportunities.

If they are going to fix any of their problems what are their choices? Trade, which I support if it's for a proven player, or hope a legit talent gets released and how often does that happen?

My biggest concern is how Smith, who LV is highly unlikely to acquire, fits into Bradley's system. But Smith is clearly an upgrade over KJ at the very least. And I agree Perryman looks like he is having a career year but his career high is 56 solo tackles and that was 2016 (73 combined as a rookie in 2015). Smith, who is almost 4 years younger has three seasons over 80 solo and 120 combined tackles. 

Smith is just a better talent than what the Raiders are rolling out at LB. Littleton is probably better in pass protection but Smith is unquestionably an upgrade overall.

Would love to see them grab him.

This team is capable of winning right now. Maybe not SB potential but...they are close to being in the conversation. It's been so long I just want to see them make every effort to capitalize. 

I think the Rams have it right, when enough pieces are in place mortgage the future.and try to win now. Don't assume you can build slow and steady, things move too fast in the NFL.

kwait is a jag.  the raiders were desperate and signed him to starter money after he started some games for the bears.  he got the bears job, due to injury.  he's pretty good as a rotational player, but that's all he is.   :shrug:   

it was mullen on the cart, when i texted you.  i still haven't seen how he got hurt.  but is was really really early.  PS is thin on talent, but they're going to have to bring some guys up.  dix is for sure in my mind.  brown? jackson?  someone from another squad?

what do you think of giving james a break and letting martin start?  the PS is full of the awful scrubs we saw in preseason.  one interesting thought that i liked in the preseason was morrissey playing some guard.  total wildcard desperation move, but i liked what i saw of him.  there are some FA dudes, like okung that might get a look. :shrug:

aawtfdik

kwait is a jag.  the raiders were desperate and signed him to starter money after he started some games for the bears.  he got the bears job, due to injury.  he's pretty good as a rotational player, but that's all he is.   :shrug:   

it was mullen on the cart, when i texted you.  i still haven't seen how he got hurt.  but is was really really early.  PS is thin on talent, but they're going to have to bring some guys up.  dix is for sure in my mind.  brown? jackson?  someone from another squad?

what do you think of giving james a break and letting martin start?  the PS is full of the awful scrubs we saw in preseason.  one interesting thought that i liked in the preseason was morrissey playing some guard.  total wildcard desperation move, but i liked what i saw of him.  there are some FA dudes, like okung that might get a look. :shrug:

aawtfdik
They absolutely need to make some wild card desperation moves but... everywhere? There is a clear upgrade available at LB, a position of need, go get him!

I understand they must do something in the secondary, they also must do something on the OL. But KJ has not been solid, he looks used up. Ekeker abused him on that TD reception and they were repeatedly beat in the flats by TEs (the TEs beat them all over the field really) and I understand that isn't entirely on the LBs but a couple of those short flat conversions we're clearly their misses.

You have to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves, especially mid-season when there are limited opportunities.

If they are going to fix any of their problems what are their choices? Trade, which I support if it's for a proven player, or hope a legit talent gets released and how often does that happen?

My biggest concern is how Smith, who LV is highly unlikely to acquire, fits into Bradley's system. But Smith is clearly an upgrade over KJ at the very least. And I agree Perryman looks like he is having a career year but his career high is 56 solo tackles and that was 2016 (73 combined as a rookie in 2015). Smith, who is almost 4 years younger has three seasons over 80 solo and 120 combined tackles. 

Smith is just a better talent than what the Raiders are rolling out at LB. Littleton is probably better in pass protection but Smith is unquestionably an upgrade overall.

Would love to see them grab him.

Smith is probably 
Let's be clear, Ekler is a tough assignment for almost any LB in the league to cover without help over the top on those plays. 

Also, KJ is playing a position that basically he will spend more defensive snaps on the bench than on the field. I believe he is seeing about a 30% of the snaps because that position is what gets pulled when they bring in the extra DB. 

I want Smith but I don't think getting him would be transformational for us this year though it certainly would be helpful. 

They absolutely need to make some wild card desperation moves but... everywhere? There is a clear upgrade available at LB, a position of need, go get him!
i'd love to see him in silver and black.  

but!  they are paper thin at db and OL.  we don't know the status of morrow and white, one of them might be a week or 2 away.  i'm only looking at the next game.  if mullen and Arnette are out, that leaves only 4 corners on the roster.  and hobbs is in concussion protocol.  down to 3 corners if he can't play. one of whom, i have never heard of.  nixon might be back.  but they will need to bolster the secondary for the bears game.

aawtfdik
Kwiat is not a good fit here. He would be a dang good MLB in a 3-4 system. You try to fit good players into a bad fit it will make them look bad. Hopefully we are free of guaranteed money on him next year and he will not be with us. If he gets to a team running that system, he will be a good starter... not pro bowl level but solid. 

Martin looked bad in the pre-season. I was more expecting him to get cut than make the team. At least James wasn't hiking the ball above Carr's head this last game in shotgun. Though I don't see him being a help in the running game, I don't see him being horrible either and I would like him to get that time that I think he needs to grow into the position. I thought we would have kept Morrissey over Martin. Is he on a PS somewhere or sitting at home? Has Okung ever played guard? What is Osemele doing these days? 

but!  they are paper thin at db and OL.  we don't know the status of morrow and white, one of them might be a week or 2 away.  i'm only looking at the next game.  if mullen and Arnette are out, that leaves only 4 corners on the roster.  and hobbs is in concussion protocol.  down to 3 corners if he can't play. one of whom, i have never heard of.  nixon might be back.  but they will need to bolster the secondary for the bears game.
No progress or update on Morrow or White. 

Richard is expecting to get some practice in so maybe he comes back (the only good news I know of right now for injuries)

Let's be clear, Ekler is a tough assignment for almost any LB in the league to cover without help over the top on those plays. 

Also, KJ is playing a position that basically he will spend more defensive snaps on the bench than on the field. I believe he is seeing about a 30% of the snaps because that position is what gets pulled when they bring in the extra DB. 

I want Smith but I don't think getting him would be transformational for us this year though it certainly would be helpful. 
I agree with everything you said, but I don't think they need a transformational player to become contenders but they an upgrade.

KJ looks finished. I know he showed late, and Ekeker is a tough out for any LB in pass pro, but he is clearly familiar with the scheme and constantly chasing plays from behind.

Everything I have seen (not a scout, can't proclaim.even above average understanding of the nuance of NFL schemes) but he's on pace for 16 solo tackles & maybe 40 combined. Jaylon, at the barest minimum is a massive upgrade over KJ and realistically an upgrade over both Perryman and Littleton in most aspects.

He makes the team better right now and with the state of the defense he could be a legitimate difference maker.

Absolutely but who is available in the secondary that would be an upgrade over the PS talent they are rolling out right now?

Only someone in a trade situation. I am absolutely down for that, go get Jaylen Ramsey, right now!!!

Absent that opportunity go get the guy who can help today! And keep working to make that Ramsey.trade!

PFF Grades Thru Week 4 -

Smith: 

(TOTAL) DEFENSE GRADE 69.5 - 13th / 81 LB

RUN DEFENSE GRADE 37.4 - 74th / 81 LB

PASS RUSH GRADE 51.1
COVERAGE GRADE 82.2 - 3rd / 73 LB

---

Perryman:

DEFENSE GRADE 61.7 - 25th / 81 LB

RUN DEFENSE GRADE 65.7 - 23rd / 81 LB 

PASS RUSH GRADE 68.2

COVERAGE GRADE 59.8 - 31st / 73 LB

---

Wright:

DEFENSE GRADE 60.8 - 28th / 81 LB

RUN DEFENSE GRADE 71.4 - 14th / 81 LB

PASS RUSH GRADE 60.0

COVERAGE GRADE 48.9

---

Littleton:

DEFENSE GRADE 53.3 - 49th / 81 LB

RUN DEFENSE GRADE 69.3 - 16th / 81 LB

PASS RUSH GRADE 65.5

COVERAGE GRADE 43.5 - 59th / 73 LB

Kwiat is not a good fit here. He would be a dang good MLB in a 3-4 system. You try to fit good players into a bad fit it will make them look bad. Hopefully we are free of guaranteed money on him next year and he will not be with us. If he gets to a team running that system, he will be a good starter... not pro bowl level but solid. 

Martin looked bad in the pre-season. I was more expecting him to get cut than make the team. At least James wasn't hiking the ball above Carr's head this last game in shotgun. Though I don't see him being a help in the running game, I don't see him being horrible either and I would like him to get that time that I think he needs to grow into the position. I thought we would have kept Morrissey over Martin. Is he on a PS somewhere or sitting at home? Has Okung ever played guard? What is Osemele doing these days? 
Osemele is available.  I think morrissey is on the PS.  If they bring in an okung type. I see LW moving to G. Gallery 2.0

Is Wright done? I dunno. PFF seems to think he can still be stout against the run. Maybe he and Jaylon would be good offsets, based on situation. Smith's run defense score is atrocious, fwiw.

Littleton is still playing like his name, according to PFF.

Read a suggestion that they should move Leatherwood to LG, Simpson to RG and bring in too tall Bumdon Parker at RT. I have never been a fan of Too Tall. But I was also a vocal disser of Kolton Miller for also being too tall when they drafted the two of them. So WTF to I know?

I'm up for seeing some experimentation here, including bringing in the Texan center to see if he can show James how it's done.

Absolutely but who is available in the secondary that would be an upgrade over the PS talent they are rolling out right now?

Only someone in a trade situation. I am absolutely down for that, go get Jaylen Ramsey, right now!!!

Absent that opportunity go get the guy who can help today! And keep working to make that Ramsey.trade!
No clue who they could snag off the scrap heap, but they’re going to have to get someone for the next game. 

Jaylon  🤣  I love it  

btw, this is why I didn’t like them bringing in that wr from chi for the PS  it’s not a position of need  at all  

Osemele is available.  I think morrissey is on the PS.  If they bring in an okung type. I see LW moving to G. Gallery 2.0
If Okung was any good at T still, I would have expected the Bears to go after him to replace Peters. I am looking forward to seeing what our guys do in pass rush against them. Leatherwood is going through the rookie growing pains just like Miller did. 

Is Wright done? I dunno. PFF seems to think he can still be stout against the run. Maybe he and Jaylon would be good offsets, based on situation. Smith's run defense score is atrocious, fwiw.

Littleton is still playing like his name, according to PFF.
I have though Littleton was playing better but if you brought Smith in, that is who is replaces. Not Wright. 

Read a suggestion that they should move Leatherwood to LG, Simpson to RG and bring in too tall Bumdon Parker at RT. I have never been a fan of Too Tall. But I was also a vocal disser of Kolton Miller for also being too tall when they drafted the two of them. So WTF to I know?

I'm up for seeing some experimentation here, including bringing in the Texan center to see if he can show James how it's done.
Not a fan. Keep Leatherwood at RT. He needs the snaps to get better and he isn't our problem (he isn't being the answer right now either). I don't want to screw that up by kicking him inside. I think whether we start playing with things or not depends on when we expect to have Incognito back. Him coming back will go a long way. Shores up the left and sends Simpson to the right which helps that side. 

If Okung was any good at T still, I would have expected the Bears to go after him to replace Peters. I am looking forward to seeing what our guys do in pass rush against them. Leatherwood is going through the rookie growing pains just like Miller did. 
I agree but Leatherwood is a guard, Okung is an upgrade right now that allows Leatherwood to play his natural position while adjusting to the.speed of the NFL.

There is no question that right now at RT Okung>>>>Leatherwood

I would be happy to add either Okung or Jaylon but both would be better.

This is a team that can do damage. Stop rebuilding and try to win now.

Not a fan. Keep Leatherwood at RT. He needs the snaps to get better and he isn't our problem (he isn't being the answer right now either). I don't want to screw that up by kicking him inside. I think whether we start playing with things or not depends on when we expect to have Incognito back. Him coming back will go a long way. Shores up the left and sends Simpson to the right which helps that side. 
Leatherwood was unquestionably a problem last night. He got trucked multiple times and had at least two ole blocks. 

Put him back at his natural guard position, which would be a massive upgrade over what they are currently rolling out, and let him adjust.to the strength and speed.of the NFL game.

This sounds reasonable, but IMO,

The keys to losing the last game were in order, with the first being by far the worst...

1. OL as a unit played like utter ####, but particularly the new usual suspects. Need reinforcements and a new game plan, IMO, or this one unit might bring down the entire operation in 2021. Do you want to play for this year or future years, when it comes to LW and his role on this team? Miller had the luxury of shyte seasons when he was young. LW does not. So far, at least.

2. Refs hate the Raiders. Stanky Ref is clearly a saint who could never be biased when blowing whistles. Eff his pontifications about how NFL refs don't hate the Raiders. I guaran-#######-tee you he would completely screw over the Raiders if this world ever gave him a 51/49 call to do so. 55/45 even, actually. Here's the real, Stanky... That's exactly what happened last night. Any many nights before. Par don't mean right.

3. Gruden is too conservative too often, and especially early. Roll the dice more, Chuck. Show the team how to have balls, meng, if you expect the them to have balls. It's criminal that that team has gone down 0-14 in three of four games to start the year.

4. Carr gotta tuck and run when duty calls. I know he has seen every Gannon clip in existence and yet still refuses to do so. I concede every other Carr criticism I've had over the years, except this one. A couple big scrambles last night could've/would've been huge, possibly game-changing. Carr has the legs/athlecism. I don't understand the disconnect. Gannon I am sure, was shaking his head last night and many before about this particular detail.

I agree but Leatherwood is a guard, Okung is an upgrade right now that allows Leatherwood to play his natural position while adjusting to the.speed of the NFL.

There is no question that right now at RT Okung>>>>Leatherwood

I would be happy to add either Okung or Jaylon but both would be better.

This is a team that can do damage. Stop rebuilding and try to win now.
$4 million to pay both Smith and Okung? Brother... stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking. 

L.

3. Gruden is too conservative too often, and especially early. Roll the dice more, Chuck. Show the team how to have balls, meng, if you expect the them to have balls. It's criminal that that team has gone down 0-14 in three of four games to start the year.
Didn't like the 52 yard field goal attempt personally. 10:40 left Particularly when playing across from a coach who went for a 4th & 9 forgoing a shot at a 3 point lead with 48 seconds left at the KC 35.

You make the field goal on Monday you still need a TD (or 2 FGs) to win, you miss on 4th & 9 you still, most likely, save 7 yards of field position. No guarantee of course with the way the line was playing.

Gruden still designs a heckuva 21st century offense but he often coaches a 1985 game.

$4 million to pay both Smith and Okung? Brother... stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking. 
Okay, stand pat and wait for year five of the rebuild.

How many coaches get that leeway?

It's $4.9 mil and we both know this is where you go to veterans and get them to restructure. Happens all the time nowadays.

FTR I know Leatherwood played most of his Alabama career as a tackle but dude is a guard right now.

The Raiders wasted years of Robert Gallery's career before.they figured that out. Maybe Leatherwood develops into a.legit NFL RT but, IMO, he's not even close right now. The game is slower in the middle of the line, signing a guy like Okung gives him time he needs and improves the team's chances of winning right now. Old, washed up Okung is better than Leatherwood right now, it's not really close.

Restructure and sign. Can't afford.both Okung & Jaylon, nonsense, but okay. There is no excuse not to sign at least one of them.

They're 3-1, which is amazing but I think it's a mistake to wait until they are in the midst of a.multi-game downward spiral before.making moves to try and improve.

He's not ready to play yet, but there is now a great corner on the market with the Pat's release of Gilmore.

Creative front offices find ways to sign the guys they need.  It doesn't really matter how much cap room they have at this minute.  The cap can be manipulated if a front office knows what they are doing.

Hopefully Richard is close to returning.  Like this Sunday close...

Las Vegas Raiders RB Peyton Barber (toe) is expected to miss a few weeks with a mild case of turf toe, according to sources.

Hopefully Richard is close to returning.  Like this Sunday close...
Too bad Drake looks awful running the ball.  Maybe he isn’t as good as Jacobs or Barber (Did I really say that?) with making something out of nothing since the O line is struggling mightily.   The Drake signing was questionable when it happened and looks worse now.  Too bad Gruden didn’t spend that money on the O line.   

He's not ready to play yet, but there is now a great corner on the market with the Pat's release of Gilmore.

Creative front offices find ways to sign the guys they need.  It doesn't really matter how much cap room they have at this minute.  The cap can be manipulated if a front office knows what they are doing.
This.... if they are serious about a playoff run, get that guy in the building NOW! 

FTR I know Leatherwood played most of his Alabama career as a tackle but dude is a guard right now.

The Raiders wasted years of Robert Gallery's career before.they figured that out. Maybe Leatherwood develops into a.legit NFL RT but, IMO, he's not even close right now. The game is slower in the middle of the line, signing a guy like Okung gives him time he needs and improves the team's chances of winning right now. Old, washed up Okung is better than Leatherwood right now, it's not really close.

Restructure and sign. Can't afford.both Okung & Jaylon, nonsense, but okay. There is no excuse not to sign at least one of them.

They're 3-1, which is amazing but I think it's a mistake to wait until they are in the midst of a.multi-game downward spiral before.making moves to try and improve.
Moving Leatherwood to guard actually isn't a bad idea right now. This is not an indictment on Leatherwood, it's more of an emergency situation. They have to get the best 5 guys out there. Parker can hold his own at RT and Leatherwood is probably their best guard at the moment. Look at it this way, they have PS guys playing guard right now, and Parker sitting on the bench. I know some of you don't like him, but he can play just as well as Leatherwood at this point in his rookie career. 

Move Leatherwood back to RT at least if Incognito ever comes back. But rolling Simmons out there isn't working. 

Users who are viewing this thread