What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Good Luck to both teams, I always like rooting for the underdog but I am a huge fan of Mahomes and just like to watch him play. 

Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just hoping the Browns can keep it close and give KC a run for their money. I don't believe anyone is going to beat the 14-2 Super Bowl Champions this year, we're going to have the first B2B since the Patriots did it when they won 3 in 4 years back in the '01-'04 era. 

I feel there is at least a 1:4 maybe 1:3 chance the Browns can keep it close enough to say 27-20 late 3rd/early 4th, chance to tie the game and put it into a late game situation where either team kicks a FG and wins, that's what they have to be shooting for. They must score 30+ to have any chance in the football game and they may lack the weapons at WR today. 

If The Browns commit to the run early they could keep this game interesting.

But I don't see their defense slowing down a rested Chiefs offense. The Chiefs may score early and often forcing Cleveland to pass more than want to.

So.......

Chiefs-41.....Browns-17

Chiefs easy imo. Hoping the Browns dub score a cheap one later to cover

nice thread title 👍
 I don’t think so. The Chiefs are in trouble for a couple of reasons:

1. Chiefs offensive line is terrible. Mahomes has been drifting into some bad habits again (like moving back in the pocket).

2. Sammy Watkins is not playing. The Chiefs offense is dramatically different when he is in the lineup. The defense can double Hill and Kelce and dare one of the Chiefs other receivers to beat them. Hardman is not good enough to fill that void.

3. Our linebackers are terrible. The Browns strength (running game) goes against our greatest weakness (our run D)

4. The Browns are loose and hungry.  

5. The Chiefs haven’t played a meaningful game in three weeks. And THAT game Mahomes had one of his worst days ever against a horrible defense.

Now, don’t get me wrong. The Chiefs are good. But they are not this great team everyone thinks they are.

This game is gonna be a fight.

Although the line has moved down, Cleveland and the points seems like a no brainer. Chiefs D doesn't seem as good as it was last year at this time. They also don't seem to be playing with the same fire. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they lose outright.

There is something about this Brown’s team of destiny. Hopefully their coach stays in the basement again to keep the luck going. Chubb and Hunt will be churning yards all day. One or two magical turnovers and this is a coin flip. I like the list ChiefD made and agree with every bit of it. As much as he gets trashed, Watkins is a huge part of what the Chiefs can do on offense. He gives them a very reliable short and mid-range target who can make the tough third down catches when Hill and Kelce are getting all of the attention. This will be a very interesting matchup and I would not be shocked if it is decided in the last seconds of the game. That being said I will be rooting for a Mahomes/Josh Allen matchup next round.

Chiefs haven't been as sharp down the stretch. Whether that was coasting to get to the playoffs or actually having problems remains to be seen. Either way I think the Browns have enough fire power to keep up. 

Chiefs 48 Browns 41

The Titans have played KC well by running Henry a lot and throwing to everyone. The Browns can surely run often and utilize all their WRs since they've had such turnover/injuries this year.

The Titans bend but don't break zone was the most begrudgingly use of the word successful against them. I mean ya know they're gonna put up points and it's about slowing them down some. Mahomes is about dying for a D to take a chance either by CB blitz or jumping a route and he's gonna wreck you for trying. The Browns gotta be disciplined and expect the O to make plays rather than get all down on themselves as we've seen time and again. It happens and it's gonna happen. Deal with it. 

The Titans had an all pro safety to cover Kelce and a very athletic LB handed him off. There were many times, in one game, this got to Mahomes and he spent way too much time looking at Kelce rather than going through his progressions. He didn't do this in the next matchup. Mahomes is awesome with no weakness but maybe this is a ***** in his armor? I have my doubts, but the Browns gotta try to get his attention with weird doubles, switches, whatever can make him stare at Kelce too long.

Don't stop the run. Ya know that's an exaggeration so that's what I mean. He made the Titans pay time and again when they geared up to stop the run. I don't care if it's 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 1. Don't do it. Stop the O on the next set of downs. He's got a track team of WRs and he audibles to change a run play, runs to the side taking 7-8 defenders with him, then one of his track stars wins the race. I can remember twice the Titans were in deep zone on 3rd and short and the announcers saying it was odd, then Mahomes tried to get cute and it worked. They're dying for a team to put 8 in the box, don't do it.

1. Chiefs offensive line is terrible. Mahomes has been drifting into some bad habits again (like moving back in the pocket).

2. Sammy Watkins is not playing. The Chiefs offense is dramatically different when he is in the lineup. The defense can double Hill and Kelce and dare one of the Chiefs other receivers to beat them. Hardman is not good enough to fill that void.

3. Our linebackers are terrible. The Browns strength (running game) goes against our greatest weakness (our run D)

5. The Chiefs haven’t played a meaningful game in three weeks. And THAT game Mahomes had one of his worst days ever against a horrible defense.

Now, don’t get me wrong. The Chiefs are good. But they are not this great team everyone thinks they are.

I agree with a lot of this....I think Robinson will be leaned on more than Hardman to pick up the Watkins slack....I feel there won’t be as many points as people think and each possession will be mega important....KC having to punt will not be a good thing for them as CLE will milk the clock every possession...moving the chains and converting on third and even 4th downs will be huge for CLE.....

CEH is also out....I have the same nervous feeling as I did before every playoff game last year....the other team always seemed to have something that doesn’t match up well for KC.....usually a good running game and ability to milk the clock.....but KC stepped up and I hope they learned from last year and come out with a sense of urgency but also some experienced composure.....the first few possessions will be important to set the tone......I’m not expecting any turnovers but if there are they will as usual be a huge difference maker...

27-21 KC...

Browns go up early over a rusty KC team.  

KC rolls in the second half.  

fun will be had by most.  

If the Browns fall behind early, I hope they are disciplined enough to keep the running game in play.  Seems like most OC's panic once they get down double digits and try to throw 50 times.  

Head says Chiefs 35 Browns 21

Heart says Browns 31 Chiefs 27 

I never said the chiefs were great

😉

Apologies to Browns fans, but these playoffs are shaping up to be among the heaviest hitters of all quarterback match-ups. With the results of yesterday's games, Rodgers and Josh Allen are already in the semi-finals. Today we should see Mahomes joining them and if that happens, then regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, the next round will feature a battle of the top two QBs of the young guns and two of the top three of the old guys. Can't wait to see that unfold!

I do think that like others have stated, the Browns need to keep running the ball even if they fall behind, but that is much harder to do than to say. With the Chief's explosiveness, it is so difficult to stay patient. Very excited for today's games and I call it KC 41, Cleveland 24.

This should be interesting. KC hasn’t played much meaningful football in awhile. Guessing they’re fired up. We know the Browns are amped. I think the Chiefs get down to business and win by 10. 

Apologies to Browns fans, but these playoffs are shaping up to be among the heaviest hitters of all quarterback match-ups. With the results of yesterday's games, Rodgers and Josh Allen are already in the semi-finals. Today we should see Mahomes joining them and if that happens, then regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, the next round will feature a battle of the top two QBs of the young guns and two of the top three of the old guys. Can't wait to see that unfold!

I do think that like others have stated, the Browns need to keep running the ball even if they fall behind, but that is much harder to do than to say. With the Chief's explosiveness, it is so difficult to stay patient. Very excited for today's games and I call it KC 41, Cleveland 24.
You're not liking either road team to keep it even close today...could happen that way. 

This should be interesting. KC hasn’t played much meaningful football in awhile. Guessing they’re fired up. We know the Browns are amped. I think the Chiefs get down to business and win by 10. 
I think they might still be asleep in the 1st Q or 1st Half today, the last time something mattered was back in February, almost a year ago. 

Can’t believe a Ravens fan is rooting for the Browns but these are strange days

That said, the Cleveland D seems to give up a lot of points and Mahomes is otherworldly 

KC, 42-31 but hope I’m wrong 

Last night and today, so nice to have fans in the stands 

These CLE receivers want to help Baker out a little?

How much money has Pepsi spent advertising a freakin halftime show over the past 2-3 weeks?
I see what you're saying, but that is the halftime show that every woman in the world watches at Super Bowl parties while the men who are into football congregate in the other room watching the NFL Network. It's so stereotypical but it absolutely happens.  

Seems like good reach, actually. 

Users who are viewing this thread