What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56) (3 Viewers)

The Chiefs defense may actually be the difference in this game. They have quietly started playing better, and they will need to play better to keep the Bucs out of the end zone while the Chiefs try and figure out the Bucs pass rush on offense.

In last years Super Bowl, the Chiefs had a really hard time with a stout Niners pass rush, and the defense kept them in the game until they figured some things out in the 4th quarter. 

This game this year has so many layers to it. Should be a good one.
agree about KC DST being the difference....they have been playing "better"....not "great" but better......a healthy AB added to Evans/Godwin/Miller/Gronk/Brate and a decent set of RB's scares the #### out of me....hopefully some designed roll outs and moving the pocket will give Mahomes time from the rush.....some screens where they fake it going one way but it actually goes the other, etc....and even with a bad toe....QB draws, etc....Mahomes doesn't need a ton of time.....he just needs time....

I got it! From a friend of a friend who knows a friend in another friends house:

Kansas City Chiefs-34.....Tampa Bay Buccaneers-30

Book it!🤑

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said he is not considering retirement following the Super Bowl. 

“Hell no,” Arians said. “I’m going for two. If the (owners) will have me back, I’ll be back.” 68-year-old Arians is the third oldest coach in the league after Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick, and has already retired once before. Arians' marriage with Tom Brady seemed to get off to a rocky start, but the duo course corrected at the exact right time, winning three road playoff games before becoming the first team in NFL history to play the Super Bowl at home. Arians tends to burn rather brightly, so his tenure in Tampa Bay probably won't be overly long even though he is already committed to 2021. 

SOURCE: Tampa Bay Times 

Jan 28, 2021, 1:33 PM ET

Get the feeling we’re going to get one of those old 55-10 blowouts with the Chiefs starting a mini dynasty. 
Zero chance that the Bucs get destroyed like that.  If the history of the Super Bowl has taught us anything, it's that if the team with the better defense AND the better play in the trenches is the underdog, hammer them and the points.  That team is the Bucs this year.  The more I think about it, the more I become convinced that the Bucs are going to win the game.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Went down to the SB Experience yesterday with wife, 2 little boys. I’ve been to a half dozen of these in different cities, and I was blown away. The spread across the length of the Riverwalk, the scenery on the water, with UT and Downtown lit up...best one ever I’d think.

Chiefs placed Center Daniel Kilgore and WR DeMarcus Robinson in the COVID list, Per Adam Shefter. Both are due to close contacts.

Yeah, this will be a story to watch.

Kilgore is the backup center typically. Robinson certainly plays quite a bit, but Byron Pringle played a lot in his place in the AFC Championship game.
1st of all, I would never want what I am eluding to, would not want that to happen because it would ruin the SB overall. 

-However, it is interesting to see how the NFL would be forced to handle it, either side of the ball, any of the 44 starters in this game, etc...I guess they would still play the game this Sunday.

This would be a situation where I would have preferred most involved in Sunday's game and for the safety of those involved entertaining Billions around the World, no problem if they had vaccinated all involved leading up to Sunday and minimize any chance of spreading the disease. But that's me. 

1st of all, I would never want what I am eluding to, would not want that to happen because it would ruin the SB overall. 

-However, it is interesting to see how the NFL would be forced to handle it, either side of the ball, any of the 44 starters in this game, etc...I guess they would still play the game this Sunday.

This would be a situation where I would have preferred most involved in Sunday's game and for the safety of those involved entertaining Billions around the World, no problem if they had vaccinated all involved leading up to Sunday and minimize any chance of spreading the disease. But that's me. 
I was actually thinking about this on my run last night, as I had read your post right before I went out.

To me, if any of the star players are on the list, they are out. Period.

If the NFL is going to play by that rule in the regular season, you suck it up and proceed under that umbrella.

Yes, it would suck tremendously. But you have to move on and next man up. 

Ghost Rider said:
Zero chance that the Bucs get destroyed like that.  If the history of the Super Bowl has taught us anything, it's that if the team with the better defense AND the better play in the trenches is the underdog, hammer them and the points.  That team is the Bucs this year.  The more I think about it, the more I become convinced that the Bucs are going to win the game.  
Got a small TB +3.5 bet in at MGM. Not going big because KC is a scary team to bet against.

Got a small TB +3.5 bet in at MGM. Not going big because KC is a scary team to bet against.
I can’t decide which side to take. If KC wins I think they cover. Hard to bet against Brady in the SB.

Right now my only wagers are on the under, Succup having more than 1.5 made FG (not including PATs) and total sacks O 4.5

there are a lot of props I like. Godwin having over 79.5 yards is one I’ll probably bet. 

the KC OL is banged up and the TB safeties are banged up. I can’t shake the hunch that this game isn’t the shootout Vegas wants us to believe. 

If I was betting this game I would bet the Bucs all day every day.

1. Tampa Bay in it's own stadium

2. Tom Brady the first QB to play QB in a Super Bowl in his home stadium

3. Chiefs O-line issues

You just don't bet against Brady in his own stadium in a Super Bowl.  

3. Chiefs O-line issues

If I was betting this game I would bet the Chiefs all day every day.

1.  The Chiefs are like 25-1 in their last 26 games.

2.  Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs already lit up the Bucs in this stadium once this year.

3.  Bucs have injury issues with their safeties

You just don't bet against Mahomes and the high powered Chiefs. 

Who touches the Center and also works with the WRs?  :oldunsure:
It was the team barber. He tested negative for five consecutive days. Then they allowed him in to the bubble to do haircuts. His rapid-test from that morning then turned up positive and Kilgore and Robinson were the only ones he said he saw before the result came in. Both were in PPE and so was the barber.

Chiefs travel Saturday and everyone is tested twice daily in the run up to the game.

3. Chiefs O-line issues

I know u r doing the reverse psychology thing and its all good but when u think so little of the Bucs that basically all you can come up with to take them is homefield you are actually reversing your reverse jinx imho. Just sayin....... 

I know u r doing the reverse psychology thing and its all good but when u think so little of the Bucs that basically all you can come up with to take them is homefield you are actually reversing your reverse jinx imho. Just sayin....... 
Nah.

If you read upthread I've laid out several times that the Buc's have a great pass rush which will give a weakened O-line fits. This game could possibly be won and lost right there. If the Chiefs handle it, they win.

If the Bucs handle it, they win.

The Chiefs reported no new positive COVID-19 tests in the team's latest round of testing. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported no players of staffers tested positive after Demarcus Robinson and backup center Daniel Kilgore were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Both players are considered close contacts of someone who has the virus, meaning they have a chance to gain clearance before the Super Bowl on Sunday. Kilgore's barber reportedly tested positive for COVID, making him a close contact. We've entered the window in which a player considered to be a close contact might not have time to be cleared before Sunday. 

RELATED: 

Demarcus Robinson

, Daniel Kilgore

SOURCE: Ian Rapaport on Twitter

Feb 2, 2021, 7:59 AM ET

There will be 25,000 people in attendance at Sunday's Super Bowl. 

The 25,000 screaming fans will be joined by 30,000 dropletless cardboard cutouts. A season that began with (mostly) empty stadiums across the league will end with tens of thousands of fans gathered in COVID-ravaged Florida, where more than 28,000 people tested positive for the virus in the final three days of January. Fans will receive Super Bowl-branded masks and hand sanitizer, and will be required to wear masks throughout the game. LeBron James can attest to how lax mask policies can be at professional sporting venues. 

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

, Kansas City Chiefs

SOURCE: Ian Rapaport on Twitter

Feb 2, 2021, 8:46 AM ET

You just don't bet against Mahomes and the high powered Chiefs. 
Chiefs are 2-8 in their last 10 games against the spread. 

I hear ya.  Chiefs are like the Warriors were in basketball a few years ago where they could get outplayed for 3/4 of the game, but have a 28-0 quarter and win the game. 

Can’t believe they didn’t bubble both teams in a local hotel these two weeks leading up to the game. Imagine if Brady or Mahomes gets it. 

curious to see how the "home field advantage" really shakes out....not sure how many tickets were made available to the "general public" for KC and TB fans to try and gobble up......I know each team gets the same amount and then the NFL keeps a portion for corporations and sponsors etc....and with so few actually getting in will the "crowd noise" etc. actually favor TB or will it feel more like 50/50....I get the other advantages of playing at home, but as far as the "crowd" advantage, I'm wondering if it will be much of a factor either way....

Crowd will slightly favor Tampa imop,but noise level won't be a big factor. However, with NO CANNONS The Bucs

will be at a disadvantage. The Bucs need more cannons.

Users who are viewing this thread