What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official 2023 and 2024 Kansas City Chiefs Thread - Two Time Defending Super Bowl Champs In The House!!!!**** (1 Viewer)

2023 Chiefs have 48 players on your roster and the top 10 are taking up $160M + in cap space.
You are $3M over the cap. This is your retool year.

MVS is probably a cap casualty at $11M

2023 Chiefs have 48 players on your roster and the top 10 are taking up $160M + in cap space.
You are $3M over the cap. This is your retool year.

MVS is probably a cap casualty at $11M
Yeah, they have some decisions to make. But this year was really important in changing the roster makeup. A stat I heard yesterday:

Out of the last 22 draft picks the Chiefs made, 20 were on the active roster for the Super Bowl. So they got young in a hurry. And Veach has 12 more draft picks THIS year.

They are in pretty good shape. They are going to lose Frank Clark's cap number also. And there will probably be a new contract for Chris Jones, which will reset his number for the next couple of years. This offseason will be interesting.

I haven't dug in too deeply on their cap and all that, so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
As a longtime Broncos fan, I should be grossed out by the Chiefs success, but I like Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes too much to fake the hate. What's scary is that they had a ton of rookies play in 2022 (4th most by any team) and lost Tyreek Hill, yet still went on to win the Super Bowl. As long as Reid is the coach and Mahomes is the QB, they are the team to beat in the AFC every single season.

Beinemy to be asst head coach offense for Washington. Seems like that could help him prove it on his own. Wonder if we’ll move Nagy into OC or what

Congrats Chiefs Nation.

Also, congrats on a great season to the Eagles. They did a lot of things really well on Sunday.

How long do you all think is the shelf-life of Travis Kelce's premium production? How much longer do you think he can keep this up?

Debating going after him in one of my leagues.

are you gonna rub it in all season?

just kidding. grats Chiefs fans, Reid and Mahommes certainly earned it last year against a really really good Eagles team. Game planning was top notch as expected. except that Juju guy, I hope he goes back into obscurity next season.

didnt tag Orlando Brown
signed Jawaan Taylor at OT for 4/80 60g
Andrew Wylie to Was for 3/24
have about 15mm available cap space according to spotrac
Chris Jones restructure coming
wonder who they want for backup qb and the other starting OT

still Super Bowl Champs

Been seeing mixed reviews of Taylor, but I tend to trust Andy Reid, Brett Veach and Andy Heck when it comes to OL. Great athlete, best stats were last season. Played almost exclusively at RT. Could switch to LT or stay, no official word on that yet, but assumptions are being made of LT.

Been seeing mixed reviews of Taylor, but I tend to trust Andy Reid, Brett Veach and Andy Heck when it comes to OL. Great athlete, best stats were last season. Played almost exclusively at RT. Could switch to LT or stay, no official word on that yet, but assumptions are being made of LT.
I trust Veach and Reid completely on this. I’m not sure Orlando Brown is completely out of the equation yet. But its telling he hasn’t signed yet anywhere.

At least to me.

are you gonna rub it in all season?

just kidding. grats Chiefs fans, Reid and Mahommes certainly earned it last year against a really really good Eagles team. Game planning was top notch as expected. except that Juju guy, I hope he goes back into obscurity next season.
Yes.

And thanks. And JuJu can go away. I’m not a big fan of his shtick.

didnt tag Orlando Brown
signed Jawaan Taylor at OT for 4/80 60g
Andrew Wylie to Was for 3/24
have about 15mm available cap space according to spotrac
Chris Jones restructure coming
wonder who they want for backup qb and the other starting OT

still Super Bowl Champs
I think Buechele might be the backup.

not sure how they could afford it without some major reshuffling but heard something about a trade for Tunsil.....that would lock up both tackle positions....

Jones says he wants to be a Chief for life......so I have hope there

thought I heard something about Chase Daniel as a backup QB but he resigned with LAC....not super concerned here....think they are ok with Buechele and some dude on practice squad, but expect a cheap vet $1-$2 mil when all is said and done...

and for love of god let JuJu take his act somewhere else....we don't need his type of attitude.....people want to beat us and hate us enough already....hate bulletin board guys...

I don’t see Tunsil here. Makes no sense from a dollar and draft pick standpoint. That trade kind of wrecks all the work Veach has done in my opinion.

Just curious…any idea why KC would sign OT Taylor over Brown….for more money?
Because Brown sucks.

He would routinely get killed one on one. The only reason he had “success” in the playoffs is because Reid would chip his rusher with a RB or extra tight end to help Brown out.

I also think they grew tired of negotiating with him, and didn't want to get stuck with another expensive franchise tag. They did reportedly offer a 6 year extension for 139 million at some point.

Just curious…any idea why KC would sign OT Taylor over Brown….for more money?
Because Brown sucks.

He would routinely get killed one on one. The only reason he had “success” in the playoffs is because Reid would chip his rusher with a RB or extra tight end to help Brown out.
I don't think he sucks, but he does get beat by good speed rushers. Burrow is quick enough that it might be negated.

moving pieces
Eric Bienemy replaced by Matt Nagy

Orlando Brown replaced by Jawaan Taylor
Andrew Wylie replaced by tbd?
JuJu/Hardman replaced by Toney/Skyy and tbd?
Michael Burton replaced by tbd?

Juan Thornhill replaced by Bryan Cook
Frank Clark replaced by Charles Omenihu
Khalen Saunders replaced by tbd?

currently showing $17MM cap space with 10 2023 draft picks

moving pieces

Chiefs sign Drue Tranquill from the Chargers. An under the radar signing. This guy can play.

moving pieces

Chiefs sign Drue Tranquill from the Chargers. An under the radar signing. This guy can play.

How did we get him so cheaply. Veach GOAT.

Chiefs report this week. Ready to defend the title.

Not many camp battles going on this year.
Congratulations again, and see you in December and January 🐯 I honestly think we were ... I don't want to say lucky, but I think luck played a role in our wins against you all the last 2 years. Hope to keep the rivalry going.

Chris Jones did not report to training camp.
Been hot and humid here in the area until this week. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs break camp here in ten days or so.

My guess is he reports sometime after that with or without a new contract. I'm not officially worried......yet.

He is still under contract for this year for around $20 million or so. I don't think he's gonna give that up.

One month to Opening Night. I can’t wait, should be a fun game. We’re hosting a watch party (one token KCC fan - my best man.)

This team is a bit of a mess right now, but they are 1-1 after two tough opponents to start the season. This seems to be their history over the last few years - really since they won the first Super Bowl in the Mahomes era.

Lots of stuff to clean up but it's a long season and they usually get better as the season rolls along. Some quick thoughts:

1. Kelce still looks off to me. He was really agitated yesterday. My money is he was probably getting trashed talked all day about the Taylor Swift rumors. :lol:

2. The right tackle certainly got picked on yesterday. I'm sure the NFL told the officials to crack down on him since he was making a mockery of the officials on game one. We'll see what happens moving forward but if he doesn't get his head right Veach wasted a TON of money on him.

3. Reid is clearly trying to allow Nagy to actually coordinate the offense and call the plays. In my opinion. We saw this with Bieniemy and usually what happens is the offense looks disjointed and out of sorts until Reid is tired of looking at it. Which happened yesterday right before half time. There was a point there where Reid was looking at his play sheet and Nagy was trying to talk to him and Reid simply ignored him. I think this is when Reid started taking control of the game. The second half, while not that great, was much better in terms of game flow.

4. Chris Jones is amazing. If that defense stays healthy watch out. They might be legit top 5 good.

This team is a bit of a mess right now, but they are 1-1 after two tough opponents to start the season. This seems to be their history over the last few years - really since they won the first Super Bowl in the Mahomes era.

Lots of stuff to clean up but it's a long season and they usually get better as the season rolls along. Some quick thoughts:

1. Kelce still looks off to me. He was really agitated yesterday. My money is he was probably getting trashed talked all day about the Taylor Swift rumors. :lol:

2. The right tackle certainly got picked on yesterday. I'm sure the NFL told the officials to crack down on him since he was making a mockery of the officials on game one. We'll see what happens moving forward but if he doesn't get his head right Veach wasted a TON of money on him.

3. Reid is clearly trying to allow Nagy to actually coordinate the offense and call the plays. In my opinion. We saw this with Bieniemy and usually what happens is the offense looks disjointed and out of sorts until Reid is tired of looking at it. Which happened yesterday right before half time. There was a point there where Reid was looking at his play sheet and Nagy was trying to talk to him and Reid simply ignored him. I think this is when Reid started taking control of the game. The second half, while not that great, was much better in terms of game flow.

4. Chris Jones is amazing. If that defense stays healthy watch out. They might be legit top 5 good.
Mostly agree with all of that. I would add the other teams looked kind of sloppy also, so crisper offensive play by opponents could hurt our defense some.

Well, this season is starting to look like the 'ol "not our year."

Offense playing like crap. Defense leaking oil now.

Following starters are out:

Pacheco
Tranquill
Donovan Smith
Bryan Cook

The team just isn't right this year. They look tired and un-motivated. They've also played and coached an extra month of the football the last 5 years. I think they can limp into the playoffs but I don't see much more than that.

Mahomes has never looked as lost as he has against the Raiders. The offense seems like it is going from bad to worse, really bizarre. They just do not enough fire power and Pat doesn’t look comfortable doing anything. He has to be injured as he just does not look like himself out there. Changes will be happening this off-season I imagine.

Mahomes has never looked as lost as he has against the Raiders. The offense seems like it is going from bad to worse, really bizarre. They just do not enough fire power and Pat doesn’t look comfortable doing anything. He has to be injured as he just does not look like himself out there. Changes will be happening this off-season I imagine.

He looks like a whiny baby.

Users who are viewing this thread