What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official 2023 and 2024 Kansas City Chiefs Thread - Two Time Defending Super Bowl Champs In The House!!!!**** (1 Viewer)

Mahomes has never looked as lost as he has against the Raiders. The offense seems like it is going from bad to worse, really bizarre. They just do not enough fire power and Pat doesn’t look comfortable doing anything. He has to be injured as he just does not look like himself out there. Changes will be happening this off-season I imagine.

He looks like a whiny baby.
Yeah, he really does.

I'm not liking this display of "professionalism" from him. If he's going to be the greatest QB in the league he has to rise above this somehow and figure out how to make it work.

Receivers are pure trash. O line has declined significantly. On the front office to fix it or they will waste Mahomes talent and contract for the next 1/2 decade

Crazy stat.

Number of times Chiefs have scored less than 20 points in the reg season with Mahomes:

2018 - 2022: 6 times

2023: 7 times

Not a Mahomes hater but clear that his play has declined as his “celebrity” has increased. Plus Kelce in obvious decline. 34 years old. It happens. Other than Rice, total lack of playmakers.

Maybe Roger will step up and save the day for the face of the league. Stay tuned.

My honest opinion is that Mahomes and Kelce are both pressing because they know the offensive line isn't very good and the WRs keep dropping balls, and the pressing is causing both to not play as well as they normally do. And I still think Kelce came back too soon from that injury he had in the preseason; he hasn't looked like himself all season, even early on when he had a few big games.

I also think the hubris of Andy Reid is biting them as well. He is obviously a great coach and play-caller, but it's like he doesn't know when to dial it back and run the ball. It happened in the Super Bowl against TB where they missing their tackles and he still thought they could throw it all day, and it happened again yesterday when Mahomes dropped back to throw over 50 times and the RBs got a grand total of 15 carries.

Mahomes has to be perfect, and even then someone will drop it anyways. A failure by the front office and Reid.
Mahomes has to own some of this as well. He is the QB.

Keep in mind that he was drafted into a perfect situation. HOF head coach (he was borderline already even with no rings before Mahomes got there), a HOF TE who was still early in his prime (who had already been All-Pro 1st team twice before playing with Mahomes) and the best deep threat the league has possibly even seen (one who is making Tua look great right now). This season is the first extended bit of adversity he has faced, and between complaining about officials making correct calls and constantly looking like he is going to cry because everything is not going his way for once, he is not handling it well. Fortunately, he has the sports media, who worships him like he is Jesus Christ on a football field, to back him up and divert blame elsewhere, but I think many football fans know what we are seeing.

And I say that as someone who, despite being a Broncos fan since the 80s, has always liked Mahomes.

Sure he has to own some of it, but this is normal when a QB is trying to do everything with little help. I can start naming seasons where the GOAT Brady appeared mediocre as well with little help around him, so I don't put too much stock into any notion that his skills have declined. He's frustrated because his WRs stink, and I'm in no place to tell him how he should act. Toney lost them two games, while MVS dropped another. It's been a comedy show and yes he's never been subjected to this level of garbage play around him before.

I have to ask...why did the Chiefs give Jawann Taylor $80 million over 4 years instead of keeping a far superior player in Orlando Brown? Taylor has never been very good. Brown got $74 million together very 4 years from the Bengals. The GM has to take a lot of the blame for the struggles of the offense.

I have to ask...why did the Chiefs give Jawann Taylor $80 million over 4 years instead of keeping a far superior player in Orlando Brown? Taylor has never been very good. Brown got $74 million together very 4 years from the Bengals. The GM has to take a lot of the blame for the struggles of the offense.

They offered Brown a deal which he rejected then had to settle for less from Cincy. Taylor is not ideal and unfortunately they are stuck paying him 2 more seasons. Whether he gets replaced as a starter is tbd.

No Toney and Skyy Moore has helped this offense. Neither of those clowns should see the field this postseason. Chiefs are still the defending champs who have the best QB in the league (even if he didn't play like it this season), the best head coach and a top defense. They can never be counted out.

Other than the week 3 blowout against Chicago, last night's game was probably KC's best of the season. The defense was stifling and the offense moved the ball easily for once. The weaknesses that have slowed them down all year were still present, though - failure to turn RZ trips into TDs, backbreaking Jawaan Taylor penalties, drops (a bit more excusable in -25F weather), and near total incompetence by every passing game target not named Kelce or Rice. They still don't look like championship material but should be a tough out at least.

That brings us to the offseason which will be one of the biggest in recent memory. Making a splash in the FA WR market probably means letting one of Sneed or Jones go - the most cap space they can reasonably get to without major restructuring is around $50 million. Historically, Veach has forgone expensive CBs for cheap rookie-scale contributors, but I wonder if that changes with Sneed. He's just been so good. Shut down Chase, only allowed 1 reception to Tyreek+Waddle across two games, total stud. Also 3 years younger than Jones.

Considering the quality of this class, WR has to be the top priority in the draft regardless of what happens in free agency, IMO. Right now I think Adonai Mitchell from Texas would be a perfect fit in the late 1st. A true X receiver with a full route tree, sneaky deep ball ability, and importantly, EXCELLENT HANDS. Reminds me a bit of Nico Collins. I also really like Brian Thomas Jr from LSU, who I'd compare to DK Metcalf. Incredible physical profile with the size/strength/speed combo of a true WR1. Scary deep threat. Just not a polished route runner or expert press-beater at the moment. Early on I think he'd fit best as a Z receiver, overlapping some with Rice's role. Very eager to see how this shakes out.

Other than the week 3 blowout against Chicago, last night's game was probably KC's best of the season. The defense was stifling and the offense moved the ball easily for once. The weaknesses that have slowed them down all year were still present, though - failure to turn RZ trips into TDs, backbreaking Jawaan Taylor penalties, drops (a bit more excusable in -25F weather), and near total incompetence by every passing game target not named Kelce or Rice. They still don't look like championship material but should be a tough out at least.

That brings us to the offseason which will be one of the biggest in recent memory. Making a splash in the FA WR market probably means letting one of Sneed or Jones go - the most cap space they can reasonably get to without major restructuring is around $50 million. Historically, Veach has forgone expensive CBs for cheap rookie-scale contributors, but I wonder if that changes with Sneed. He's just been so good. Shut down Chase, only allowed 1 reception to Tyreek+Waddle across two games, total stud. Also 3 years younger than Jones.

Considering the quality of this class, WR has to be the top priority in the draft regardless of what happens in free agency, IMO. Right now I think Adonai Mitchell from Texas would be a perfect fit in the late 1st. A true X receiver with a full route tree, sneaky deep ball ability, and importantly, EXCELLENT HANDS. Reminds me a bit of Nico Collins. I also really like Brian Thomas Jr from LSU, who I'd compare to DK Metcalf. Incredible physical profile with the size/strength/speed combo of a true WR1. Scary deep threat. Just not a polished route runner or expert press-beater at the moment. Early on I think he'd fit best as a Z receiver, overlapping some with Rice's role. Very eager to see how this shakes out.
I mostly agree, and I think analytics have made some feel like kicking field goals equals failure, but that is not the case at all. Kicking field goals is what enabled them to beat the Bengals in Week 17, and what enabled them to put the game out of reach last night. The Bengals made it to the Super Bowl two years by kicking and making 12 field goals in their three AFC playoff games. With the Chiefs defense being this good, they don't need to score 30+ on a regular basis to win games.

Man we can’t win the Super Bowl can we?
I don't know, there is something to be said for experience, and nobody has more than KC.

I've sorta felt like KC has had some "sleeping giant" energy since November. Like they'd get it together once the playoffs started, and they seem to have done so.

The good thing about the Chiefs is they definitely will not panic if they get down against the Ravens.

I thought McDermott did a little bit last night when they tried the fake punt. The Chiefs didn't capitalize but that was a huge moment in that game.

If the Chiefs go get a big-time WR, I'd have them the favorites entering next season just on their consistency with the Ravens a close 2nd.

The AFC is quite a bit ahead of the NFC right now. I just want to see a competitive Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Ravens have the better team on paper, but this KC team reminds me of the NE days in a way. You had to bring your A game to beat Brady and the gang because they always made things tough no matter how vulnerable they looked. Buffalo executed their offensive game plan to almost perfection. A whopping 37 mins TOP, 27 first downs, 50% 3rd down efficiency, and 78 plays for 368 yards. Yet, KC found a way on offense even though Reid almost gave the game away with a bone headed call on the 1.

A champ is never out of the fight even when he's staggering in the ring.

Yeah, but you didn't have to go against Christian McCaffrey last time you beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl. He's going to be the reason why Taylor Swift will get her heart broken once the Chiefs lose.

Our standard is stupidly high
8 straight AFCW titles

8 out of 9 years to the divisional round including all 6 of Mahomes seasons

6 straight, yeah 6 straight AFCCGs.

4 out of 5 years in the Super Bowl

And 3 out of 5 years WINNING the Super Bowl. Back to back titles baby omg!!! Time to change the thread title @ChiefD
Hell yeah. Amazing. Congrats!!

MVS collecting rings
George Karlaftis and Trent mcduffie do nothing but win super bowls
Creed Humphrey is so good but let’s work on those low snaps bro
Trey smith I see you
Rashee Rice welcome to the club
Noah Gray, Leo Chenel, Nick Bolton, Willie Gay get your rings men.
Jawaan Taylor you didn’t get embarrassed by Bosa

I posted in the Super Bowl thread that the Niners dominated and only led by 7. You can't let a team like the Chiefs hang around. That's where the Niners lost
When you have the champ against the ropes you need to finish him, and SF couldn't. Can't give Mahomes too many chances, or you will eventually pay for it.

I posted in the Super Bowl thread that the Niners dominated and only led by 7. You can't let a team like the Chiefs hang around. That's where the Niners lost
When you have the champ against the ropes you need to finish him, and SF couldn't. Can't give Mahomes too many chances, or you will eventually pay for it.
Yeah early 3q, the 49ers couldn't deliver a crushing drive. Obviously, the KC d continued to get stops but yeah it was a very dangerous part of the game.

Justin Reid and Mike Pennel had good games as well. Lots of needed tackles made. Justin Watson again with a couple big plays. Loved having McKinnon back in there too.

Congrats to the Chiefs and their fans. They turned it on when it mattered most (whether that be in the playoffs or in the second halves of games). The rest of the league definitely has a problem. Their biggest competitors have struggled to beat them (Allen and the Bills, Jackson and the Ravens). On the NFC side, the Niners have struggled to close out SBs, Dak and the Cowboys can't get wins in the post season, and the Eagles fell apart down the stretch. The only player / team combo that has been able to beat the Chiefs is Burrow / Bengals. But I'm not confident the Bengals can consistently be a top tier team, and Burrow has shown to have the injury bug on occasion. So much for the theory that KC would never win without Tyreek. I don't really see a team out there right now that is on their level.

Users who are viewing this thread