What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 NFL Free Agency Thread (3 Viewers)

No way did A. Jones get that contract and is going to be in a RBBC (and I don't own Jones anywhere for the record) I'm sure Williams will leave and Dillion is a nice backup but nothing more. 

So the details here make this a flexible deal for the Saints, but the topline numbers are :lmao:  

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Saints are restructuring QB Taysom Hill’s contract to create cap room. Details are great: it’s a 4-year, $140 million contract extension - but all years are voidable and it’s a mechanism to free up cap space this year, per source. It saves Saints over $7.5M against cap this year.

4:25 PM · Mar 14, 2021
Flush Winston and sell Kamara.  Probably hurts Thomas as well.

No way did A. Jones get that contract and is going to be in a RBBC (and I don't own Jones anywhere for the record) I'm sure Williams will leave and Dillion is a nice backup but nothing more. 
Yeah the Vikings stopped using Mattison as much after giving Cook his big contract to the point where beat writers were getting concerned for Cooks long term health.

So the details here make this a flexible deal for the Saints, but the topline numbers are :lmao:  

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Saints are restructuring QB Taysom Hill’s contract to create cap room. Details are great: it’s a 4-year, $140 million contract extension - but all years are voidable and it’s a mechanism to free up cap space this year, per source. It saves Saints over $7.5M against cap this year.

4:25 PM · Mar 14, 2021
Loomis is a genius!  All voidable years......Roger won’t like this at all 😂

The Saints do not care about the cap
This is both True and not true.  Take for instance Dallas. The reason i picked them they are 10M over the cap next year and only 28m under the cap in 2023, both last in the league. WFT is 105M and 161M under the cap the next 2 years.  Dallas has their offense signed.  They are strong on offense but very weak on defense in comparison.  WFT is the opposite.  You can say well Dallas can just do cap games and sign what they need and this may be true short term.  But WFT can do the same games and spend much more.  The problem Dallas has is costs are going to rocket next year.  12 Teams have over 90M in cap space next year so there will be more costs for players next year as teams bid for the same FA and that will drive the costs of contracts to keep your own FA from reaching the market.  On one hand Dallas has locked in their team strength to a certain cost.  WFT has it's strength just coming into the years where it will need to start using it's cap space.  It comes down to which will be able to help each teams weakness more efficently, but WFT has more flexibility.

NFL reporter Josina Anderson reports the Jets, Vikings, and Browns have all expressed interest in free agent DE Trey Hendrickson.

Playing opposite Cameron Jordan in New Orleans, 26-year-old Hendrickson exploded for a career-best 13.5 sacks last season as a full-time starter across 15 games. He's expected to land a monster deal with the edge market depleting in front of our eyes after Shaq Barrett and Romeo Okwara re-upped with their current clubs.

RELATED: 

New York Jets

, Minnesota Vikings

, Cleveland Browns

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Mar 15, 2021, 12:49 PM ET

Why wouldn’t the LAC keep Henry? They have the space and Herbert. I suspect they will but who else would have the room? Seattle?

Jonnu Smith news official. To NE for 4 years, $50 million, $31.25M guaranteed. 
What cap reduction? 

I really like Jonnu. Seems like a lot of untapped potential there, that's just more than I thought he would get this year!

Not official yet, but CJ Golston tweeted Jonnu Smith is expected to sign with NE for 4 years, $48m.
Who the heck is this Golson guy? He had Jonnu an hour before Schefty, and he's mentioned some other pretty interesting rumors (Chark to Ravens for Orlando Brown, Hunt to Bills or Fins).

Is this a blind squirrel-nut thing, or should I send out those Hunt and Viska offers stat? 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the heck is this Golson guy? He had Jonnu an hour before Schefty, and he's mentioned some other pretty interesting rumors (Chark to Ravens for Orlando Brown, Hunt to Bills or Fins).
His twitter feed says he is with The Players' Tribune.

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

6m

Brandon Graham's new deal with Philadelphia will be a one-year extension worth close to $20 million over two years, per source. Was originally due $13 million this year. Eagles keep long-time starter with 59 sacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seeing different reports on the Patriots signing or almost signing LB Matt Judon. They either have signed him or are close to a deal, some folks are saying in the $13M a year range.

Is the decreased salary cap slowing things down this year? Seems like this first day moves a lot more quickly the last couple of years.

Texans signed LB Kamu Grugier-Hill, formerly of the Patriots, to a one-year, $3.25 million contract.
Texans signed KR/PR Andre Roberts, formerly of the Bills, to a two-year, $6 million contract.
Panthers signed OT Cameron Erving, formerly of the Cowboys, to a two-year, $10 million contract, $6M guaranteed.

Former Eagles DB Jalen Mills to the Patriots on a 4-year, $24 million deal including $9M guaranteed,

@DrewJRosenhaus

tells ESPN.

Users who are viewing this thread