Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regarding the excerpts from Piers Morgan’s editorial, I’ve never subscribed to the mentality that just because people are gazillionaires or otherwise privileged, that their problems are somehow unwort

Here you go, GB.

Our dog was named after her by the rescue we got her from. We kept the name and gave her a last name...Barkle. Meghan Mae Barkle to be precise.  

12 minutes ago, jamny said:

To what?

The Oprah interview tonight.  It's two hours and its all the talk in the UK.   The Royal Family may be exposed some.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Todd from Utah said:

So apparently they got 7 million dollars for the interview. Insane

Well, they are struggling financially and all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Capella said:

She seems like...a handful. But I do like how she is rattling the cage of the royal family. 

Biggest American gut punch to the UK since 1776.

Too soon?

  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

can these 2 go away and shut up and stop whining?  things are so tough for us.  jeez.  put them in reality for an afternoon, now that’s a show.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Todd from Utah said:

Yeah, her whole persona just seems fake and manipulative.  But the idea of a royal family in 2021 is beyond stupid, so good for her.

Are they totally cut off financially? I find that hard to believe.

Harry inherited money from his mother's estate. That can't be taken away from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Todd from Utah said:

Yeah, her whole persona just seems fake and manipulative.  But the idea of a royal family in 2021 is beyond stupid, so good for her.

Yeah, this whole thing just seems silly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Todd from Utah said:

So apparently they got 7 million dollars for the interview. Insane

I believe they are claiming they took no money and Oprah’s company got $7-9 million. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Todd from Utah said:

So apparently they got 7 million dollars for the interview. Insane

I've never understood the royal family worship that persists in our society, but this sounds about right. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Yeah, this whole thing just seems silly.

Once again, the United Kingdom has screwed things up.  Lots of other countries can have royals without being so dumb about it.

But you're right, there's no need or anything good that comes from a royal family.  You know what flag was on my bag when I lived in Madrid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Once again, the United Kingdom has screwed things up.  Lots of other countries can have royals without being so dumb about it.

But you're right, there's no need or anything good that comes from a royal family.  You know what flag was on my bag when I lived in Madrid.

It seems like UK plays it up more as a way to gin up nostalgia in its former colonies/commonwealth nations. Americans, of course, will eat up the reality TV style drama of this all.

Interestingly, I was in London during this wedding and met a few Americans who were just there for it. Blew my mind. I went to watch Spurs beat Leicester 5-4 in Wembley while it was going on :lol: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

How accurate is The Crown on Netflix? Because this interview basically supports everything coming out of that show (which doesn't paint the institution in the best light).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our dog was named after her by the rescue we got her from. We kept the name and gave her a last name...Barkle. Meghan Mae Barkle to be precise.

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EZD222 said:

How accurate is The Crown on Netflix? Because this interview basically supports everything coming out of that show (which doesn't paint the institution in the best light).

Probably more right than wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Cliffs notes on content of the interview?

The British royal family sucks, tabloids suck, some royals are racist, and Meghan was suicidal at one point. 

Oh, and Charles wouldn't take calls from his son for some time period. 

Edited by The Z Machine
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I've never understood the royal family worship that persists in our society, but this sounds about right. 

Why is there a royal family and why does anyone care about them?  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Why is there a royal family and why does anyone care about them?  

 It was reality TV and its trappings before that stuff formally existed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Why is there a royal family and why does anyone care about them?  

Don’t care about the royal family, but just like any patriotic American, I’m a sucker for things that make the British look bad. 

U-S-A! U-S-A!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Yeah, this whole thing just seems silly.

Two decades ago the Kennedys were on par with this. I would guess if John John didn't die the legacy and allure would have held on longer (the mystique and equal internal dysfunction).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

I believe they are claiming they took no money and Oprah’s company got $7-9 million. 

I thought the $7M figure was what the network made in ad sales for during the interview.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chemical X said:

can these 2 go away and shut up and stop whining?  things are so tough for us.  jeez.  put them in reality for an afternoon, now that’s a show.

The whole point is they ARE trying to go away. The royal family and tabloids won't leave them alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I thought the $7M figure was what the network made in ad sales for during the interview.

CBS paid Oprah’s production company up to $9 million for the broadcast rights. The network charged $325K for a 30 second commercial. Harry and Meghan apparently did not get paid anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The General said:

They will make so much money by leaving the family. Don’t have to deal with all the bull####. No brainer. 

Netflix signed them for $100 million and Spotify gave them $50 million. I think they’ll be just fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Why does anyone care about them enough to pay them money?

Clearly people care. More people may have watched their interview than watched the SB. Can’t explain why, but the world is a pretty big place and the Royal Family is big news in many other places. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Why does anyone care about them enough to pay them money?

I dunno, why do you care about football? People like what they like and the royals have been a topic of conversation for centuries now. It’s weird to me people are constantly surprised by this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capella said:

I dunno, why do you care about football? People like what they like and the royals have been a topic of conversation for centuries now. It’s weird to me people are constantly surprised by this. 

I’m not surprised.  I just don’t understand it.   The royals should have been booted out decades ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex P Keaton said:

I’m not surprised.  I just don’t understand it.   The royals should have been booted out decades ago.

I agree, they suck. But people sure love the drama. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Per my wife “this is her Super Bowl”. Her mom was a big royal follower and she hasn’t followed suit (thank god) but she was excited for this. 
I believe everything that was said. The royals have a symbiotic relationship with British media. They need them to remain relevant, but hate them at the same time. 
 

That whole “institution” seems archaic and messed up so don’t mind seeing it get knocked down a bit. 

One thing not mentioned above. Harry said he was trapped and is now free. He said his dad and brother are trapped and don’t even know it, just like he used to be. Thought that was interesting and rang true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...