Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Rookie drafts


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Helaire-ious said:

D. Smith & r. Moore also gone, sorry. Sermon, bateman or marshall just going on bpa?

My vote, and I strongly encourage you to come up with your own reasons depending on how much time you have, is indeed for Sermon. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There is one quibble with Sermon. He is entering a heck of a crowded backfield with guys who, when healthy, have produced at a high level. Mostert rushed for over 200 and scored 4 TDs in the NFCCG not so long ago. He was killing it last year until his knee injury. 

Waldman said to watch out Sermon if he goes to SF because they use their backs like disposable golf clubs. Said you might see his floor there. His words. Be wary. It was one example he gave, but it was pretty definitive to pick one out of thirty-two and say, "here's where a guy can go and get swallowed up."

Be very wary. Marshall and Bateman are likely surefire starters from Day One. 

Edited by woodstock
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Every 49er RB is on the last year of their contract. And Mostert is 29. Redraft would be a different story, but this is dynasty.

Yes, I'm just giving caveats and bringing in what other experts have said. I know the tendency is to look at things in a cut-and-dried way, dispassionately looking at years on deals, but you want to be fully apprised of what people are saying. Both Rotounderworld and Waldman (preemptively) have said it's a bad spot. Third round draft capital? Yes. Good spot? Questionable. 

I'd still take Sermon for the reason you listed and because I think he's a good back, maybe one of the top two in the class. 

Edited by woodstock
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bateman is in a sinkhole in Baltimore. DLF still drafted him eighth post-draft. I disagree, but that's me. Marshall went in the first in that mock, too, but he's going to Darnoldland and he'll be the WR3, so they'll have to run three-wide for him to be on the field. So there's arguments to be had for and against any of them. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, woodstock said:

Yes, I'm just giving caveats and bringing in what other experts have said. I know the tendency is to look at things in a cut-and-dried way, dispassionately looking at years on deals, but you want to be fully apprised of what people are saying. Both Rotounderworld and Waldman (preemptively) have said it's a bad spot. Third round draft capital? Yes. Good spot? Questionable. 

I'd still take Sermon for the reason you listed and because I think he's a good back, maybe one of the top two in the class. 

I took Sermon. Thought about Bateman, but I just couldn't do it with Lamar being the quarterback and Lamar is my quarterback in this fantasy league actually 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

I took Sermon. Thought about Bateman, but I just couldn't do it with Lamar being the quarterback and Lamar is my quarterback in this fantasy league actually 🤣

Elijah Moore should have gotten a mention, I just hopped into this thread.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Every 49er RB is on the last year of their contract. And Mostert is 29. Redraft would be a different story, but this is dynasty.

Yes, and he's a 3rd rounder, which mean they like him. Didn't they trade up for him?

The other thing about about that RB room clearing out, is that two new RBs will be there NEXT year.  I'd feel better about Sermon if they had a couple of stiffs signed long term, LOL.  

Will they be Day 2 picks that SF traded up for? Probably not, but it's an unknown factor, regarding the near future dynasty outlook. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

Gone

I’m high on Elijah Moore myself. 34th overall feels like significantly more draft capital than Marshall 59th overall. Good opportunity too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, woodstock said:

Bateman is in a sinkhole in Baltimore. DLF still drafted him eighth post-draft. I disagree, but that's me. Marshall went in the first in that mock, too, but he's going to Darnoldland and he'll be the WR3, so they'll have to run three-wide for him to be on the field. So there's arguments to be had for and against any of them. 

Anderson is on the last year of his deal so it could open up soon for him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Anderson is on the last year of his deal so it could open up soon for him. 

ANd DJ Moore is a FA the following year.  I mean, I would bet they try and sign him long term, but we don't know if he's there long term. 

And really, which WR leapfrogs him? Gets pretty thin at WR right there.

Edited by massraider
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2021 Rookie Drafts


LEAGUE 1

Total Starters:

10

Number of Starting QBs:

1-2

Number of Starting RBs:

2-5

Number of Starting WRs:

3-6

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

PPR

TE PREMIUM

6 PT FOR ALL TD

 

https://www67.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=21223&O=17

 

 

LEAGUE 2

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

22

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

2-4

Number of Starting WRs:

3-5

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

Number of Starting PKs:

1

Number of Starting DTs:

1-2

Number of Starting DEs:

2

Number of Starting LBs:

3-4

Number of Starting CBs:

2

Number of Starting Ss:

2

Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players:

1

 

IDP

TE PREMIUM

6 PT FOR ALL TD

 

https://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=63111&O=17

 

 

LEAGUE 3

 

Total Starters:

10

Number of Starting QBs:

1-3

Number of Starting RBs:

1-3

Number of Starting WRs:

3-5

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

6 PT FOR ALL TD

.75 PER RECEPT

https://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=77456&O=17

 

 

LEAGUE 4

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

11

Number of Starting QBs:

1-2

Number of Starting RBs:

2-6

Number of Starting WRs:

3-7

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

Use "Best Ball" Lineup:

Yes

 

6 PT ALL TDS

.75 PR RB, 1 PPR WR, 1.25 PR TE

https://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=27438&O=17

 

 

LEAGUE 5

THIS IS A FOOTBALLGUYS STAFF ROOKIE MOCK 

Draft Date : MARCH 13

SEE  LEAGUE SCORING & SETTINGS 

https://www77.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=28768&O=17

 

I will post more ROOKIE drafts as I find them.  

Edited by oukurt
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the safeleagues are drafting today. I'm in a few SF, TE premium

1. Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Lance

4. Pitts

 

1.01 Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB 

1.02 Harris, Najee PIT RB 

1.03 Pitts, Kyle ATL TE 

1.04 Lance, Trey SFO QB

1.05 Fields, Justin CHI QB

1.06 Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR

1.07 Wilson, Zach NYJ QB 

1.08 Etienne, Travis JAC RB

1.09 Williams, Javonte DEN RB 

1.10 Smith, DeVonta PHI WR

1.11 Jones, Mac NEP QB (R)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In SF, have any of your leagues seen the 1 get traded? How much would it take to go from 2 or 3 to 1?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, kutta said:

I'm drafting at 1.09 and 1.11 and if I end up with Waddle and Marshall I'll be a pretty happy camper.

Waddle should go higher IMO, but 11 is about right for Marshall. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Like someone mentioned above SafeLeagues drafts have started.  One of mine in particular is moving very quickly.

SF/TE Premium (big premium, 2ppr for TEs)

  1. Lawrence - QB
  2. Pitts - TE
  3. Harris - RB
  4. Lance - QB
  5. Fields - QB
  6. Chase - WR
  7. Smith - WR
  8. Wilson - QB
  9. ETN - RB
  10. Williams - RB
  11. Jones - QB
  12. Waddle - WR
  13. Sermon - RB
  14. Carter - RB
  15. E Moore - WR
  16. Bateman - WR
  17. R Moore - WR
  18. Toney - WR

https://www70.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=17191&O=17

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, woodstock said:

Yes, I'm just giving caveats and bringing in what other experts have said. I know the tendency is to look at things in a cut-and-dried way, dispassionately looking at years on deals, but you want to be fully apprised of what people are saying. Both Rotounderworld and Waldman (preemptively) have said it's a bad spot. Third round draft capital? Yes. Good spot? Questionable. 

I'd still take Sermon for the reason you listed and because I think he's a good back, maybe one of the top two in the class. 

Good points and Andy is right about the other backs being at the end of the road. But SF also got Elijah Mitchell. Plus they seem to love just adding RBs anywhere they can. This is a team that has no issue shuffling guys around week to week, year to year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Like someone mentioned above SafeLeagues drafts have started.  One of mine in particular is moving very quickly.

SF/TE Premium (big premium, 2ppr for TEs)

  1. Lawrence - QB
  2. Pitts - TE
  3. Harris - RB
  4. Lance - QB
  5. Fields - QB
  6. Chase - WR
  7. Smith - WR
  8. Wilson - QB
  9. ETN - RB
  10. Williams - RB
  11. Jones - QB
  12. Waddle - WR
  13. Sermon - RB
  14. Carter - RB
  15. E Moore - WR
  16. Bateman - WR
  17. R Moore - WR
  18. Toney - WR

https://www70.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=17191&O=17

If you take out the non-Lawrence QBs, Carter and Sermon went 9th and 10th. Exactly what I expect to happen more and more (and go even higher) due to position scarcity. IMO of course. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just started... SF PPR TE Premium (2 pts) Best Ball rookie / devy draft.  24 teams with 2 copies of each player in pool.  Only one allowed for devy so all rookies available in draft. Lawrence and Chase gone, 1.03 OTC and I just traded for it.

Feel like SF, traded now have to figure out who to pick. Lance, Field, or Pitts?

https://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/72254#0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lehigh98 said:

Just started... SF PPR TE Premium (2 pts) Best Ball rookie / devy draft.  24 teams with 2 copies of each player in pool.  Only one allowed for devy so all rookies available in draft. Lawrence and Chase gone, 1.03 OTC and I just traded for it.

Feel like SF, traded now have to figure out who to pick. Lance, Field, or Pitts?

https://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/72254#0

Looks like a qb for you - Fields.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 of 4 rounds in the books in PPR start 1 QB here...

Round 1

Chewy - J. Chase WR CIN

knarley - Pitts TE ATL

Paul - N. Harris RB PIT

Wes - T. Lawrence QB JAX

Wes - T. Etienne RB JAX

Wes - J. Waddle WR MIA

Luke - J. Williams RB DEN

Byron - R. Moore WR ARI

Wes - D. Smith WR PHI

Chomp - K. Gainwell RB PHI

Wes - M. Carter RB NYJ

CMC - T. Sermon RB SF

 

Round 2

JohnnyT - R. Bateman WR BAL

knarley - T. Marshall WR CAR

Paul - A. St Brown WR DET

Wes - E. Moore WR NYJ

Paul - P. Freiermuth TE PIT

JohnnyT - Dyami Brown WR WFT

Luke - K. Toney WR NYG

JohnnyT - J. Fields QB CHI

Byron - T. Lance QB SF

Byron - E. Mitche;; RB SF

Wes - Z. Wilson QB NYJ

CMC - A. Rodgers WR GB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 new rookie drafts. To save time I will post the starting lineup settings for each draft. 

I will let you take a look at the league scoring to see if it fits your criteria in helping you acquire ADP for rookie drafts post NFL Draft. 

Enjoy

 

1.

https://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=20428&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

14

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

2-6

Number of Starting WRs:

2-6

Number of Starting TEs:

1-4

Number of Starting Defs:

1

 

 

2.

https://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=31769&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

21

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

1-3

Number of Starting FBs:

0-1

Number of Starting WRs:

2-5

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

Number of Starting PKs:

0-1

Number of Starting PNs:

0-1

Number of Starting DTs:

1-2

Number of Starting DEs:

2-3

Number of Starting LBs:

2-4

Number of Starting CBs:

2-4

Number of Starting Ss:

2-3

Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players:

11

 

 

3.

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=10447&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

10

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

2-4

Number of Starting WRs:

2-4

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

Number of Starting PKs:

1

Number of Starting Defs:

1

 

 

4.

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=72831&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

9

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

2-4

Number of Starting WRs:

3-5

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

 

 

5.

https://www74.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=40544&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

10

Number of Starting QBs:

1-2

Number of Starting RBs:

2-5

Number of Starting WRs:

3-6

Number of Starting TEs:

1-4

 

5 new rookie drafts tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, oukurt said:

5 new rookie drafts. To save time I will post the starting lineup settings for each draft. 

I will let you take a look at the league scoring to see if it fits your criteria in helping you acquire ADP for rookie drafts post NFL Draft. 

Enjoy

 

1.

https://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=20428&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

14

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

2-6

Number of Starting WRs:

2-6

Number of Starting TEs:

1-4

Number of Starting Defs:

1

 

 

2.

https://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=31769&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

21

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

1-3

Number of Starting FBs:

0-1

Number of Starting WRs:

2-5

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

Number of Starting PKs:

0-1

Number of Starting PNs:

0-1

Number of Starting DTs:

1-2

Number of Starting DEs:

2-3

Number of Starting LBs:

2-4

Number of Starting CBs:

2-4

Number of Starting Ss:

2-3

Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players:

11

 

 

3.

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=10447&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

10

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

2-4

Number of Starting WRs:

2-4

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

Number of Starting PKs:

1

Number of Starting Defs:

1

 

 

4.

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=72831&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

9

Number of Starting QBs:

1

Number of Starting RBs:

2-4

Number of Starting WRs:

3-5

Number of Starting TEs:

1-3

 

 

5.

https://www74.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=40544&O=17

 

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

 

Total Starters:

10

Number of Starting QBs:

1-2

Number of Starting RBs:

2-5

Number of Starting WRs:

3-6

Number of Starting TEs:

1-4

 

5 new rookie drafts tomorrow. 

3 qbs off the board 1.1-1.3 in  Draft # 2 seems way off.  To me, anyways.

Edited by identikit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, identikit said:

3 qbs off the board 1.1-1.3 in  Draft # 2 seems way off.  To me, anyways.

Big league, 32 teams fighting over limited QB pool, seems miserable.

Edited by Lehigh98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myfantasyleague allows you to see their ADP data for dynasty rookie drafts post-NFL draft here.

It used to be better (you could select draft date ranges and you'd see how many drafts participated) but you can get a somewhat time relevant ADP for dynasty rookie drafts. You can't filter scoring beyond PPR/non-PPR or toggle SF/non-SF, but it's something. Looks like there's a lot of SF leagues drafting early. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jadensdad said:

I gotta stop looking at these, starting to get buyer's remorse for taking Lance over Pitts the Unicorn.  :scared:

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, drizzle said:

Seeing Sermon going so low is giving me hope of grabbing him at 1.11

Surprised seeing rondale moore going so high though

If you play SF... if you don't and you subtract the QB's from those ADP's, Sermon is averaging 1.09-1.10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it a rule of thumb that roster be damned you HAVE to take a QB if one is available early in a SF league? I have the 1.7 in a league where I have Ryan, Tua, and Darnold at QB, but I don't have jack diddly squat at RB after Gibson. Am I a horrible owner if I take one of the top 3 RBs even if a top 3 or 4 QB is there? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Is it a rule of thumb that roster be damned you HAVE to take a QB if one is available early in a SF league? I have the 1.7 in a league where I have Ryan, Tua, and Darnold at QB, but I don't have jack diddly squat at RB after Gibson. Am I a horrible owner if I take one of the top 3 RBs even if a top 3 or 4 QB is there? 

No, it's very reasonable to take Harris, ETN, Chase or Williams at 1.07 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

Gainwell going higher than I would expect

Probably residual hype before the draft combined with a bit of skepticism about Miles Sanders. Plus I think some players are believers in not letting landing spot be too impactful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Adso said:

If you play SF... if you don't and you subtract the QB's from those ADP's, Sermon is averaging 1.09-1.10.

Yeah I know, kinda expected post draft to be mid 1st or so

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Is it a rule of thumb that roster be damned you HAVE to take a QB if one is available early in a SF league? I have the 1.7 in a league where I have Ryan, Tua, and Darnold at QB, but I don't have jack diddly squat at RB after Gibson. Am I a horrible owner if I take one of the top 3 RBs even if a top 3 or 4 QB is there? 

2 QB league,  maybe take QB. Superflex, take the best player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jabarony said:

2 QB league,  maybe take QB. Superflex, take the best player. 

There is a difference, that's a good point. Here is my roster, feels like RB is a MUST

Ryan, Tua, Darnold, Kyle Allen

Gibson, Ron Jones, Conner, Lindsay, McKissic, Pollard, AP, Chris Thompson

Hill, Michael Thomas, Julio, Gallup, AB, Crowder, Duvernay, A Miller, Cam Sims, Isabella, Steven Sims, Jeffrey (a lot of drops here I realize)

Andrews, Smith Jr, Sample, Arnold 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jabarony said:

2 QB league,  maybe take QB. Superflex, take the best player. 

I've long believed that you treat a Superflex league the same way as a 2QB league. And if you're not, you're doing it all wrong

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...