What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MI violated election laws. (1 Viewer)

NorvilleBarnes

Footballguy
State Court of Claims Judge Christopher Murray ruled LINK

"It was clear from the outset that the secretary of state had violated Election Law" Ted Goodman

Biden won by about 155,000 votes....Hope nobody is thinking there were that many absentee ballot signatures that didn’t match. Of course we’ll never know but I would be surprised if it’s a significant number if any

Last edited by a moderator:

"It was clear from the outset that the secretary of state had violated Election Law" Ted Goodman
Pretty misleading all around here.

Your headline says "Michigan" violated the law, which wasn't accurate.

Then, your first post quotes a guy named Ted Goodman, which the unsuspecting reader might assume to be a legal official of some sort, since you chose not to identify him for some reason. And it turns out that he was just the communications director for the state Republican Party.

Also, there's this:

"The judge didn't rule on whether Benson's directive violated state election law..."

Then, your first post quotes a guy named Ted Goodman, which the unsuspecting reader might assume to be a legal official of some sort, since you chose not to identify him for some reason. And it turns out that he was just the communications director for the state Republican Party.

Also, there's this:

"The judge didn't rule on whether Benson's directive violated state election law..."
Pretty much.

REPUBLICAN OPERATIVE SAYS THERE'S A VIOLATION OF ELECTION LAWS!!!!!!!!!

They've been saying that since BEFORE the election....before they even actually lost.  😀

Also, there's this:

All around? LOL OK. What thread headline do you think is both fair and brief enough to fit?

Also I didn't include ANY of my own opinion.

Also I included a link to the article.

BTW, any thoughts on the actual article? Or just my bad headline?

Also, there's this:

Pffft. Big deal, he didnt name the source. Thought that was cool?

All around? LOL OK. What thread headline do you think is both fair and brief enough to fit?

Also I didn't include ANY of my own opinion.

Also I included a link to the article.

BTW, any thoughts on the actual article? Or just my bad headline?
What was so bad about the original headline that you felt the need to change its meaning?

"Judge rules Michigan Secretary Of State's ballot guidance was invalid"

It's short enough to fit the FBG software requirements and also has the added benefit of, you know, being accurate.

As for my thoughts on the actual article: I think I would need to know more about Michigan rules before fully weighing in, but it sounds like the Michigan legislature failed to set standards for signatures, which seems like very poor policy -- it's practically an invitation for voter fraud. Under those circumstances, it doesn't seem unreasonable for the SOS to issue "guidance" -- especially if that "guidance" was not legally enforceable, anyway.

What was so bad about the original headline that you felt the need to change its meaning?

It's short enough to fit the FBG software requirements and also has the added benefit of, you know, being accurate.

As for my thoughts on the actual article: I think I would need to know more about Michigan rules before fully weighing in, but it sounds like the Michigan legislature failed to set standards for signatures, which seems like very poor policy -- it's practically an invitation for voter fraud. Under those circumstances, it doesn't seem unreasonable for the SOS to issue "guidance" -- especially if that "guidance" was not legally enforceable, anyway.
Fair enough.

Direct Headline: Michigan judge rules secretary of state violated election law by unilaterally changing absentee voting rules

by Andrew Mark Miller March 16, 2021 07:18 PM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-rules-michigan-sec-state-broke-law-absentee-ballot

Direct Headline: Michigan court rules Secretary of State violated law

By Keweenaw Report  3/17/21

http://www.keweenawreport.com/featured/michigan-court-rules-secretary-of-state-violated-law/

I remember when there was this push to shift the language of "Sexually Transmitted Diseases" to "Sexually Transmitted Infections"

Biological imperative in men means when they see any open sign of physical deformity/illness/disease on a woman, there is often an instinctive shift to some type of revulsion. This is a safety mechanisms for humans. If a woman has skin lesions everywhere, it makes you wonder instinctively if she can infect you and kill you with it. Or if she can safely bear children. There's a reason why there are often uncomfortable silences around those born disabled or the mentally ill or the special needs by many out there.

If you think a woman is cute but one day you see cold sores on her lips, you wonder where her lips have been and instinctively you wonder if she will pass that to a child if you mated with her and reproduced. Women instinctively look at height. Long hair in good condition in women is a sign of consistent nutrition and health and was a draw for primitive men in primitive times.

Changing the language doesn't change the revulsion.  It's not more accurate as much as it's just another purity test designed to ease us all into the grinder.

Maybe you are just one of those people who will be totally OK with watching someone riddled with herpes, in the middle of an outbreak, tossing a box of Valtrex over their shoulder with carefree abandon, then kiss a baby on the cheek and call it social grace.

Yours - "Sexually Transmitted Infections Raise Deep Partner Based Concerns For Long Term Mating Rituals"

Mine - "No True Alpha, With Unlimited Options, Will Marry/Breed With Queen Cold Sores"

Yours is just bad marketing. Mine is cinematic. Bad marketing always has a short shelf life.

Michigan state office holders have looked like a clown show for the past 12 months.  Any insiders that can explain how these folks got elected?

many states did

but the Democrats knew it'd be months before courts would rule on it - and the election would be over and Biden sitting in office at that point

that the Republican's didn't have 20 million mail in votes is the baffling part .... play by the same rules or don't play IMO

many states did

but the Democrats knew it'd be months before courts would rule on it - and the election would be over and Biden sitting in office at that point

that the Republican's didn't have 20 million mail in votes is the baffling part .... play by the same rules or don't play IMO
The R’s are more likely to vote in person, especially the retired who have nothing else to do.  

The R’s are more likely to vote in person, especially the retired who have nothing else to do.  
that's what CNN told us

the R's should have seen the rules changing on mail in ballots and met/exceeded what the Democrats counted

and no - I do not believe Biden got 81.2 million votes vs a far more popular Hillary's 65.8 million while winning only like 5 more counties nationwide

that happened ONLY because of all the mail in votes counted - and nobody knows where those votes came from, how they were cast etc - which is what that link says ........... MI violated laws as we know CA and other states did by allowing unchecked numbers of mail in ballots

Democrats made sure they counted millions more Biden ballots than Trump - I absolutely believe that

that's what CNN told us

the R's should have seen the rules changing on mail in ballots and met/exceeded what the Democrats counted

and no - I do not believe Biden got 81.2 million votes vs a far more popular Hillary's 65.8 million while winning only like 5 more counties nationwide

that happened ONLY because of all the mail in votes counted - and nobody knows where those votes came from, how they were cast etc - which is what that link says ........... MI violated laws as we know CA and other states did by allowing unchecked numbers of mail in ballots

Democrats made sure they counted millions more Biden ballots than Trump - I absolutely believe that
I agree with you. 

Michigan state office holders have looked like a clown show for the past 12 months.  Any insiders that can explain how these folks got elected?
The Flint water fiasco and $$$$$ got Whitmer elected.     Whitmer outspent her opponent 2-1 during the election, she came from a very wealthy, privledged family and acts like it when she speaks.  During her pressers she is very condensending, bristles and dismisses questions that question her judgement on anything.   Very secretive and non-transparent. Whitmer has totally blown off Detroit News and Free Press reporters if she does not like their questions.

The only good thing is Pulitzer Prize winning investigative reporter Charlie LeDuff is all over Whitmer right now for her tax payer funded hush money payouts to quiet former employees and her handling of all the nursing home deaths, and he never lets up.

I don`t care if we get another Dem in charge as long as Whitmer is gone.  Only problem is she has tons of $$$$ behind her so I doubt any Dem will oppose her in a primary.

The Flint water fiasco and $$$$$ got Whitmer elected.     Whitmer outspent her opponent 2-1 during the election, she came from a very wealthy, privledged family and acts like it when she speaks.  During her pressers she is very condensending, bristles and dismisses questions that question her judgement on anything.   Very secretive and non-transparent. Whitmer has totally blown off Detroit News and Free Press reporters if she does not like their questions.

The only good thing is Pulitzer Prize winning investigative reporter Charlie LeDuff is all over Whitmer right now for her tax payer funded hush money payouts to quiet former employees and her handling of all the nursing home deaths, and he never lets up.

I don`t care if we get another Dem in charge as long as Whitmer is gone.  Only problem is she has tons of $$$$ behind her so I doubt any Dem will oppose her in a primary.
Honestly this just seems like a summary of most american politicians nowadays....

Stealthycat  - I would like to see the number of first time voters in the mich elections who used absentee ballots.  

Biden won by about 155,000 votes....Hope nobody is thinking there were that many absentee ballot signatures that didn’t match. Of course we’ll never know but I would be surprised if it’s a significant number if any

Of course it would not have had any material effect on the outcome of the election in Michigan. The clerks were still directed to reject ballots where the signatures didn't match.  This didn't change that. 

Also, it is false to say the judge ruled this violated election laws.  He stated that it was contrary to administrative procedures.

Also, there was no suggestion or evidence in the case that a single vote was wrongfully counted - it is purely a media stunt to feed the Q lunatics who are stuck on their insane fantasies.

Care to unpack the comment about CA allowing unchecked mail in ballots?

Much like the voting thread I commented in previously about the in person procedure in my county, I can also only speak to how mail in voting worked in my county in California (though my understanding is most followed similar protocols), but every mail in ballot had a unique barcode tied to the registered voter, both on the ballot and on the envelope used to mail it in (ETA: or when dropping off at approved drop boxes or county offices), which also required your signature. So in order for the vote to be counted, not only did your signature need to match the signature on file from registration, but the bar code also had to match.

many states did

It's not baffling at all.  The Republicans and Trump told their voters not to vote by mail, setting up their election fraud claims.

that's what CNN told us

Wait, you think Hillary was more popular than Biden? 

Biden is no Miles Davis, but Hillary was about as popular as a wet sock. 

the moops said:
People would take you a tad more seriously if you could get basic facts correct. A simple google search shows that Hillary Clinton won 487 counties. Joe Biden won 527 counties.
thats the updates count - good deal

and we're supposed to believe Biden got that many more votes with that few more counties won? makes no sense - especially when many urban area's have lost populations 

Zow said:

yes, Hillary was vastly more popular being the first real chance at a woman to win - heck everyone expected her to win because she was so popular - huge rallies, signed everywhere

very few liked Biden ... hate Trump yes, but actually LIKED Biden ? no not really

thats the updates count - good deal

and we're supposed to believe Biden got that many more votes with that few more counties won? makes no sense - especially when many urban area's have lost populations 
As a group, the population in rural counties grew 3% since 2000, less than their 8% growth in the 1990s. Urban county population rose 13% since 2000 and the population in suburban and small metro counties went up 16%, growth rates somewhat higher than in the 1990s.2 The share of U.S. residents who live in rural counties declined in the 1990s and since 2000, but rose in suburban counties during both periods and held steady in urban counties.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2018/05/22/demographic-and-economic-trends-in-urban-suburban-and-rural-communities/

As a group, the population in rural counties grew 3% since 2000, less than their 8% growth in the 1990s. Urban county population rose 13% since 2000 and the population in suburban and small metro counties went up 16%, growth rates somewhat higher than in the 1990s.2 The share of U.S. residents who live in rural counties declined in the 1990s and since 2000, but rose in suburban counties during both periods and held steady in urban counties.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2018/05/22/demographic-and-economic-trends-in-urban-suburban-and-rural-communities/
urban flight is real - https://www.cbsnews.com/media/12-major-american-cities-that-are-shrinking/

https://www.bankrate.com/real-estate/states-growing-most-during-pandemic/

5 states losing the most population

Pennsylvania. The state lost an estimated 15,629 people from mid-2019 to mid-2020.

Michigan. The Rust Belt state lost 18,240 residents.

California. Reversing a trend of population growth over the past decade, California lost an estimated 69,532 residents. Home prices have grown eye-wateringly expensive.

Illinois. Continuing a trend of outward migration, Illinois shrank by 79,487 people from mid-2019 to mid-2020.

New York. The state was hit hard in the early months of the coronavirus pandemic. New York lost an estimated 126,355 residents.

yes, Hillary was vastly more popular being the first real chance at a woman to win - heck everyone expected her to win because she was so popular - huge rallies, signed everywhere

very few liked Biden ... hate Trump yes, but actually LIKED Biden ? no not really
Clinton had a 48% favorability rating in November 2016

Biden had a 55% rating in November 2020

Zow said:

Hillary was more popular than Biden.  Don’t think she was more popular than Biden/Harris though.  It’s hard to really tell as the election wasn’t about the left.  Actually the 2016 Hillary would have won in 2020 IMO.

Hillary was more popular than Biden.  Don’t think she was more popular than Biden/Harris though.
Really need you to show your work here.  If the point is she had a more rabid core set of supporters I would agree but I’m not sure that’s what people mean by more popular.  Hillary was hated by essentially everyone on the right and many moderates.  I didn’t care for her and was indifferent towards Biden.  

Really need you to show your work here.  If the point is she had a more rabid core set of supporters I would agree but I’m not sure that’s what people mean by more popular.  Hillary was hated by essentially everyone on the right and many moderates.  I didn’t care for her and was indifferent towards Biden.  
She was hated on the right as her campaign was sold as four more years of Obama.  The left liked her more than Biden, at least the power brokers did.  She was a toss up in a fair fight vs Bernie.   Bernie was gaining steam when he was sabotaged.  Personally I thought she ran a poor campaign and it bit her in the end.  

urban flight is real - https://www.cbsnews.com/media/12-major-american-cities-that-are-shrinking/

https://www.bankrate.com/real-estate/states-growing-most-during-pandemic/

5 states losing the most population

Pennsylvania. The state lost an estimated 15,629 people from mid-2019 to mid-2020.

Michigan. The Rust Belt state lost 18,240 residents.

California. Reversing a trend of population growth over the past decade, California lost an estimated 69,532 residents. Home prices have grown eye-wateringly expensive.

Illinois. Continuing a trend of outward migration, Illinois shrank by 79,487 people from mid-2019 to mid-2020.

New York. The state was hit hard in the early months of the coronavirus pandemic. New York lost an estimated 126,355 residents.
Not sure how listing entire states shows that there is an urban flight problem. Philly, Chicago, NYC all saw population growth from 2019-2020

So we still have people believing in the "election was stolen" crap?    
We're all Americans and yet 60% of Democrats voted mail in or absentee and 30% of Republicans voted by mail or absentee...that's a major difference is it not? 

You cannot be so obtuse as to think that there was not some sort of connection with the pandemic, the 30 Major Cities run by Democrats(Facts my brother, Facts), it's naive to think they didn't have at least the same impact that they claimed the Russians had in 2016.

You don't have to agree with me, it's fine but this notion of nobody is allowed to stop and ask a question or two is really disappointing to folks like me who think highly of folks like you and I still will of course, this is just stupid politics but I find the notion that it was so slanted one way and not to mention the amount of "ballot dumps" I kept hearing about...but as Jerry Seinfeld says "It is what it is" 

Why do folks get so defensive when anyone has a doubt about things? Doubting Thomas comes from the Bible, does he not God? The election was not stolen but to not see the amount of extreme influence that went on and was perpetuated...it was the Tampa Mayor as an example that bucked the Governor and ordered face masks back in May 2020, maybe April? And that was after Key West mandated them thru Summer of 2021 and that was back in April 2020 or thereabouts.

Sides were drawn, there was a clear story of good vs evil, mask vs outlaw, and it all went into a big pot and I just think it's unfair to not have any understanding of what some folks might be going thru.  

Norville Barns, when did you become so right wing?  I don't recall you being so far right.  You used to be kind of witty and funny and sarcastic if I recall.  

We're all Americans and yet 60% of Democrats voted mail in or absentee and 30% of Republicans voted by mail or absentee...that's a major difference is it not? 

You cannot be so obtuse as to think that there was not some sort of connection with the pandemic, the 30 Major Cities run by Democrats(Facts my brother, Facts), it's naive to think they didn't have at least the same impact that they claimed the Russians had in 2016.

You don't have to agree with me, it's fine but this notion of nobody is allowed to stop and ask a question or two is really disappointing to folks like me who think highly of folks like you and I still will of course, this is just stupid politics but I find the notion that it was so slanted one way and not to mention the amount of "ballot dumps" I kept hearing about...but as Jerry Seinfeld says "It is what it is" 

Why do folks get so defensive when anyone has a doubt about things? Doubting Thomas comes from the Bible, does he not God? The election was not stolen but to not see the amount of extreme influence that went on and was perpetuated...it was the Tampa Mayor as an example that bucked the Governor and ordered face masks back in May 2020, maybe April? And that was after Key West mandated them thru Summer of 2021 and that was back in April 2020 or thereabouts.

Sides were drawn, there was a clear story of good vs evil, mask vs outlaw, and it all went into a big pot and I just think it's unfair to not have any understanding of what some folks might be going thru.  
What about the courts tossing 99% of the cases?  

She was hated on the right as her campaign was sold as four more years of Obama.  The left liked her more than Biden, at least the power brokers did.  She was a toss up in a fair fight vs Bernie.   Bernie was gaining steam when he was sabotaged.  Personally I thought she ran a poor campaign and it bit her in the end.  
She was hated by most of the left too. Very few people were excited to vote for her and that was a big reason why Trump won. I consider Biden not running (likely due to Beau’s death) as one of reasons why the last 4 years happened. Biden would have beat Hilary and then Trump. I really have a hard time accepting Hilary as more popular than Joe in anything at all.

How many people do you think were in on this fraud/conspiracy?  In a world of media leaks, it's fascinating how they managed to keep this a secret.  When do you think this will all be blown open?  

You keep on fighting the good fight, but you're looking more and more ridiculous by the day when you continue with this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread