Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

49ers jump up to #3 pick in draft


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I mean the #3, their 2nd this year, 2nd next year and a player.  I would do that for a disgruntled 37 year old qb

I don't know if the pack would do it.  The player would have to be something substantial

Rodgers is probably 3 first round pics worthy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, killface said:

I don't know if the pack would do it.  The player would have to be something substantial

Rodgers is probably 3 first round pics worthy

i think he's literally told them he'll retire if they dont trade him... and i bet he means it.

take the 1.03 and the 2nd this year and call it a disaster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

i think he's literally told them he'll retire if they dont trade him... and i bet he means it.

take the 1.03 and the 2nd this year and call it a disaster. 

Why? They don't have to trade him today. They can shop him the rest of the off season. There will be better offers than Pick 3 and a second (albeit for next year not this year).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Why? They don't have to trade him today. They can shop him the rest of the off season. There will be better offers than Pick 3 and a second (albeit for next year not this year).

Not so sure about that.  Any team getting Rodgers will have late future picks.

Pick 3 is worth more than three future later 1sts.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am always at Happy Hour when news is breaking, my goodness what a MESS in Green Bay right now and San Fran should not get a pass either...they traded up to No 3 only to try and trade it for Aaron Rodgers, doesn't make a lot of sense and says nothing about the credibility of whoever they draft...

From Rodgers to Mac Jones?

I would not want to be a Packers fan going into the Draft tonight, you know Rodgers is not in step with anythign the front office id doing or has been doing for quite some time now. 

-Let's go back to LeFleur fumbling the decision to kick a FG when they needed a TD inside the red zone with Rodgers as their QB, a HoF QB and he decides to kick a FG and allow the Bucs and Tom Brady to advance, that cannot sit right with Rodgers. They continue to not draft players that enhance Rodgers and his abilities, he's simply had enough. 

Incredible turn of events and Schefter on the TV stirring the pot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Why? They don't have to trade him today. They can shop him the rest of the off season. There will be better offers than Pick 3 and a second (albeit for next year not this year).

4-5 qb needy teams are filling holes today. One of them is on Rodgers' apparently short list of 3. (2 if denver go QB)

 

 

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, killface said:

I don't know if the pack would do it.  The player would have to be something substantial

Rodgers is probably 3 first round pics worthy

They’d be able to trade the 1.03 for multiple first round picks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

how does GB turn down 1.03 and their 2nd rnd pick, if the other option is ZERO compensation and a qb that retires?

what a trash situation for them

 

:shock:

I didn't know we had reached this point already but you might be right. 

How much is a QB worth who has been out of football for 18 months because he didn't like his front office and in his late 30s?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

 

:shock:

I didn't know we had reached this point already but you might be right. 

How much is a QB worth who has been out of football for 18 months because he didn't like his front office and in his late 30s?

Guessing there is just a LITTLE more to this situation than what has been reported the last few hours.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

how does GB turn down 1.03 and their 2nd rnd pick, if the other option is ZERO compensation and a qb that retires?

what a trash situation for them

Well they could get 3 first rounders and a player from denver, miami, chicago, new england, etc...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Soulfly3 said:

right... the issue being APPARENTLY, rodgers gave 3 teams. denver, SF or raiders.

do you think the pack cares or do you think they will maximize value

rodgers wants to win again so he is bluffing on the retiring

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, killface said:

Well they could get 3 first rounders and a player from denver, miami, chicago, new england, etc...

Except teams will not have anywhere near the salary cap space required to bring in Rodgers (unless GB eats a ton of the money he is due).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, killface said:

do you think the pack cares or do you think they will maximize value

rodgers wants to win again so he is bluffing on the retiring

but there is no value if the QB tells you, trade me to one of those 3 or I retire.

and ya, he could be bluffing. i have no idea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Shanahan and Rodgers have been in cahoots for a while now. San Fransico doesn't know who they're taking at 3 this whole time. Day before the draft they inquiring about Rodgers. Next day Rodgers says he wants out... It all adds up. 

(I'm not really serious, I don't think) 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jed York is trolling so hard on Twitter today. One of his tweets:

"#DraftDay thinking about going for a run. Suspense is too much. How many miles should I go for 1? 5? 10? 12? 16? or 1?"

 

To which @fieldYates responded:

"Zac Wilson in college: #1

Trey Lance in college: #5

Mac Jones in college: #10

Aaron Rodgers: #12

Trevor Lawrence in college: #16

Justin Fields in college: #1

This is an elite Tweet from @JedYork."

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More from York on Twitter:

#DraftDay just finished up a great meeting with @JohnLynch49ers & Kyle. They were about to tell me the pick and I asked to wait til we’re on the clock. Gotta watch tonight

 

#DraftDay ok, so 3 coaches in 3 years wasn’t the best decision from 2014-16 but I’m starting to think choosing not to know our plan for tonight isn’t one of my best decisions either

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At first it was "Niners call Pack" but were refused, kind of the first we heard much about this but now the headlines are "Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Green Bay Packers" and neither he or the Packers are really denying these outrageous claims. 

2020 NFL MVP is left hanging by his young inexperienced head coach that kicks a FG in the biggest game of the year and they are just one TD throw from a Super Bowl to a few short months later, these kind of headlines...what a huge kick in the stomach right now all the way around for Green Bay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, facook said:

In the Rodgers thread it was reported trading ARod before 6/1 is a $30 mill hit on this years cap for GB. After 6/1 is half that.  He's not going anywhere tonight, imo.

if that’s correct, I agree.  
 

always follow the money.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I am always at Happy Hour when news is breaking, my goodness what a MESS in Green Bay right now and San Fran should not get a pass either...they traded up to No 3 only to try and trade it for Aaron Rodgers, doesn't make a lot of sense and says nothing about the credibility of whoever they draft...

From Rodgers to Mac Jones?

I would not want to be a Packers fan going into the Draft tonight, you know Rodgers is not in step with anythign the front office id doing or has been doing for quite some time now. 

-Let's go back to LeFleur fumbling the decision to kick a FG when they needed a TD inside the red zone with Rodgers as their QB, a HoF QB and he decides to kick a FG and allow the Bucs and Tom Brady to advance, that cannot sit right with Rodgers. They continue to not draft players that enhance Rodgers and his abilities, he's simply had enough. 

Incredible turn of events and Schefter on the TV stirring the pot. 

All of this is weird to me. I wonder if the 49ers offered the Packers the same deal they gave to Miami for the #3 pick prior to making the deal with Miami

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

i think he's literally told them he'll retire if they dont trade him... and i bet he means it.

take the 1.03 and the 2nd this year and call it a disaster. 

I would get next years 2nd and be done with the prima donna. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Jed York is trolling so hard on Twitter today. One of his tweets:

"#DraftDay thinking about going for a run. Suspense is too much. How many miles should I go for 1? 5? 10? 12? 16? or 1?"

 

To which @fieldYates responded:

"Zac Wilson in college: #1

Trey Lance in college: #5

Mac Jones in college: #10

Aaron Rodgers: #12

Trevor Lawrence in college: #16

Justin Fields in college: #1

This is an elite Tweet from @JedYork."

I dont get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Deamon said:

NFLN guys are really making it sound like Lance is the pick

Betting markets agree. Any outcome that could involve inside info can have leaks that drive the odds down with late money.

Edited by Leroy Hoard
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

If it does end up Lance from NDSU, is he ready to take the field Week 1 for San Fran?

I doubt JimmyG gets traded, so ideally he sits for 8-17 games and JimmyG builds up his trade value. Win-win. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

i think he's literally told them he'll retire if they dont trade him... and i bet he means it.

take the 1.03 and the 2nd this year and call it a disaster. 

Yeah, he probably just prefers hosting Jeopardy instead.

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

If it does end up Lance from NDSU, is he ready to take the field Week 1 for San Fran?

Yeah I think so.

He's going to need training wheels, but I think he's ready. They'll just throw the ball 21 times a game like Big Ben did.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it true one NFL exec said he expects the Packers to dig in and force Rodgers to play for them or retire? 

Ouch if that is their battle plan. 

Jeopardy looking like a real option, didn't he bring the highest ratings? They should move in tonight and sign him to a contract just to turn the heat up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Betting markets agree. Any outcome that could involve inside info can have leaks that drive the odds down with late money.

I’m glad I got in when Lance was +350.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2021 at 1:00 PM, SayWhat? said:

There’s just no way the Niners gave up that much draft capital to ensure they were getting Mac freaking Jones.  I refuse to believe it.  

 

On 4/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, SayWhat? said:

C’mon people, the pick will not be Jones.  0% chance.  

 

On 4/28/2021 at 9:54 AM, Dr. Octopus said:

Mac Jones is still the heavy Vegas favorite.

Vegas...

On 4/28/2021 at 10:01 AM, Capella said:

-275, very substantial favorite. In football terms that’s like a 6.5 to 7 point favorite. 

...Baby!

On 4/28/2021 at 10:11 AM, Leroy Hoard said:

Say What?

Said Mac Jones, 0%. 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...