What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New FBG Header Image (1 Viewer)

Joe - I'll just address this to you even though I expect no response - you're a truly nice guy and your news and notes and substantive product are outstanding.  

Given all that, it's baffling how every time there's an update, not only is it unneeded and a downgrade, but it always has myriad problems.  I wish you had better technology advice.  Other message boards I frequent manage to stay the same or, if they do upgrade, actually improve, and without weeks of bugs.  Oh, well.  Thanks for being such a quality person.  

Joe - I'll just address this to you even though I expect no response - you're a truly nice guy and your news and notes and substantive product are outstanding.  

Given all that, it's baffling how every time there's an update, not only is it unneeded and a downgrade, but it always has myriad problems.  I wish you had better technology advice.  Other message boards I frequent manage to stay the same or, if they do upgrade, actually improve, and without weeks of bugs.  Oh, well.  Thanks for being such a quality person.  
Thanks for the kind words. I too wish the board updates were easier. We'll continue to do our best there and try to bring folks a good product here. Thanks for being part of it. 

It’s not new.  That’s why this thread exists.  I’ve been having it since the new board. Welcome to the club!  
Thanks. Yes, it was fixed but Invision did a new upgrade and the fixed header broke several other features so we reverted to the ugly looking header with the white letters overlayed as at least it was stable. We have some more pressing site things to take care of first but cleaning up the header is on the list. Apologies for the trouble. 

Ok. We "think" we have a new fix here.

Can you go back down to the bottom of the page and select one of the 4.6 themes and see if the issue with the header is resolved for you?  It's working for me now. 

If it's not, please post what device your own and operating system and link to a screen shot if you can. Thanks.

4.6 theme fixed the mess up top on iPad for me.

Just gotta condition myself to flip to portrait when reading a topic so I don’t get all that wasted space on the right where it puts stats for the thread, but that’s not new to this update, or a major deal. I just like browsing in the wider view and I don’t use the mobile settings, which is probably the FBG equivalent of a rotary phone.

I keep getting signed out.  On PC and on Mobile.  Seems to happen when going back to the forums menu to move between FFA and Shark Pool.
Yes, same. I’m getting logged out any time I leave and the login process takes multiple tries on my phone. Sometimes I just give up.

Yes, same. I’m getting logged out any time I leave and the login process takes multiple tries on my phone. Sometimes I just give up.

We'll keep on that one but honestly, don't have an idea what's causing it. It's only on mobile, right?

As always, if you let us know the browser and phone and OS, that will help.

The graphic stuff was fixable with solutions where our FBG header would fit with the Invision structure. We'll keep looking at the log in but we don't have an estimated fix date on this one. 

We'll keep on that one but honestly, don't have an idea what's causing it. It's only on mobile, right?

As always, if you let us know the browser and phone and OS, that will help.

The graphic stuff was fixable with solutions where our FBG header would fit with the Invision structure. We'll keep looking at the log in but we don't have an estimated fix date on this one. 
It’s on mobile and laptop (and I have remember me checked) - but only on the mobile is it difficult to log back in sometimes.

Safari on IPhone and Chrome on laptop

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s on mobile and laptop (and I have remember me checked) - but only on the mobile is it difficult to log back in sometimes.

Safari on IPhone and Chrome on laptop

If we're going to solve this, we're going to have to have more detail.

"difficult to log back in sometimes" could mean a zillion things.

Can't log in at all? Difficult to see the button? You were logged out and have to log back in but can successfully do that?

Sometimes? Out of 10 times, how many times?

We need to understand exactly what is happening to see if we can replicate it. 

If we're going to solve this, we're going to have to have more detail.

"difficult to log back in sometimes" could mean a zillion things.

Can't log in at all? Difficult to see the button? You were logged out and have to log back in but can successfully do that?

Sometimes? Out of 10 times, how many times?

We need to understand exactly what is happening to see if we can replicate it. 
Sometimes (I didn’t officially keep track) I log back in on main page and when I go to forums, I have to log back in again.

The main issue is almost every single time I leave the site for a while, even when browser is left open I have to log back in - it’s far from the end of the world, just inconvenient 

Sometimes (I didn’t officially keep track) I log back in on main page and when I go to forums, I have to log back in again.

The main issue is almost every single time I leave the site for a while, even when browser is left open I have to log back in - it’s far from the end of the world, just inconvenient 

Ok. Being logged out and having to log back in is completely different than not being able or having difficulty logging in.

Let us look there and see what we can see. 

So on my S 10E phone, I can see the number of notifications,  but when I click on the number to actually see the two notifications and who they are from, I can't click on or even see them because the header covers then all.  

What broswer are you using?

Incognito mode?

So on my S 10E phone, I can see the number of notifications,  but when I click on the number to actually see the two notifications and who they are from, I can't click on or even see them because the header covers then all.  
In dark mode?

Is it ok in light mode?

Hi Joe, 

This is what I’m seeing on an iPhone in regard to the banner overlapping the notifications and dms. It’s pretty much like it was at the upgrade’s inception 

iPhone 11 Pro

iOS 14.7

Safari

@Joe Bryant - The discussion in the Biles thread reminded me to ask here - are spoiler tags disabled or is there some new way to do spoilers?  Hasn’t worked for a while

test

@Joe Bryant - The discussion in the Biles thread reminded me to ask here - are spoiler tags disabled or is there some new way to do spoilers?  Hasn’t worked for a while

test

Not sure. I think they are not currently available. Sorry. 

We just ask that people be cool and not give away things without warning. 

Just wanted to come back in here and say now the site looks ####### FANTASTIC. Kudos on the progress.

Love the look/feel. Love the frozen header. Looks great on my work machine (PC / Chrome / 1920x1080).

Great work guys :thumbup:  

Just wanted to come back in here and say now the site looks ####### FANTASTIC. Kudos on the progress.

Love the look/feel. Love the frozen header. Looks great on my work machine (PC / Chrome / 1920x1080).

Great work guys :thumbup:  
I agree, with one caveat... with the fixed header, I end up mousing over the header pretty often and the pulldown menu covers most of my screen.  Every time I mouse up to do anything in my tabs or browser bars, I trigger the massive menu.  The Tools one covers the whole screen.

I agree, with one caveat... with the fixed header, I end up mousing over the header pretty often and the pulldown menu covers most of my screen.  Every time I mouse up to do anything in my tabs or browser bars, I trigger the massive menu.  The Tools one covers the whole screen.
Agreed. It's kinda annoying

Ditto.

Shortest distance between 2 points is not a straight line here at FBG , have to avoid the pop-outs with curves.

Or start from the bottom and scroll up instead of reading like most of the Western World where you go left to right and top to bottom.

Keerock said:
And now the Dark Theme is gone :(  

Correct. We apologize

I apologize for the trouble but the Dark Mode theme is not available at this time.

For some reason, it was causing major trouble for users. The forums are all managed by Invision, the company that created the board software. They are trying to find the problem but at this point we don't have a time table for when Dark Mode will return. With this being by far our busiest month, I would not anticipate a resolution until after the NFL regular season starts.

I know some people hate the default light mode. We're aware of the pain this causes some folks. Please accept our apologies and we'll continue to try and create a positive forum for discussion. 

I am here with a similar comment as well... is there a way to block that with Adblock?  I have not messed with it to much, but it seems like it would feasible. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread