What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Week 3: Notes, Observations & Discussion (1 Viewer)

Bummer, I took him as the last pick of the draft to back up Montgomery.  Oh well.
I mean, he's certainly the #2 right now, just looks very unimpressive is all. I'm probably more wishful thinking Herbert could push him aside, as Williams is much more capable in the passing game, but I don't see Williams as any threat at all to Montgomery's workload. Fully expecting 300+ touches for Montgomery.

Not sure where you got that from. His average ADP in PPR leagues is 49th overall / WR21. FBG had him ranked 43/19. That's pretty far from where you have him. And on a side note, I would be very leery of any WR with Darnold as a QB.

He is a stud. My hesitation this year would Rhule/Darnold familiarity towards Anderson, ascending Marshall, and reception gobbler CMC. Would be happy to take in the 6th however.
I agree on this.  I owned DJ last year and it was so frustrating watching Robby get seemingly all the looks.

I may be wrong about this, but it seemed like Darnold struggled initially last night against the first team, and might only have turned it up when he was playing against the second string?

Justin Fields is going to be awesome.  Tight throw into the end zone near the sideline for six to Jesper Horstead.  Horstead also had an impressive grab for a 50+ TD from BDN.  He may have played his way onto the roster.  Why the Bears kept Jimmy Graham is anyone's guess.

Watching Broncos Rams right now. First two series, Bridgewater kinda inaccurate for two series. Third series much better. lotta TE targets to start off- getting in rhythm, then rushes and two good looking completions to Sutton. I don't think I'd fade him too much but the target competition on this team might be more of a factor than his health. Late 6th feels about right. Albert O looks fun, third TE looks good too. I think Fant is a good player but I don't think I'd draft him at ADP. I think he might belong in the "TE8-14" tier. 

Melvin got two series. Looks pretty good. Not amazing, I thought Javonte looked a little better a week or two ago whenever that was he had those nice runs. My gut is this is going to be RBBC with Freeman getting some touches too. Tough to tell who they're facing (2nd stringers??) but so far every time I watch preseason their run game looks like it's often opening up some pretty big holes for whoever's in there. 4th/5th series with Lock, not so much lol.

LAR RB Jones is getting a lot of run with the 2nd teamers. He's definitely on the small side. Good but not special for his size. If he was RB 2 on the depth chart, I can see why the team wanted more depth at RB.

Not sure where you got that from. His average ADP in PPR leagues is 49th overall / WR21. FBG had him ranked 43/19. That's pretty far from where you have him. And on a side note, I would be very leery of any WR with Darnold as a QB.
He went 2.11 in my big money league last night.  Granted its a NC based group but damn I was targeting him in the 3rd

He went 2.11 in my big money league last night.  Granted its a NC based group but damn I was targeting him in the 3rd
Yeah, I was gonna bring up local players come at a premium. I doubt he will end up being worth that spot, but crazier things have happened.

10 out of 10 imo. I love Tyson but he wouldn’t be able to get a good shot on Ali. 
Early Tyson was the most dominant force I have ever seen.  I agree that Ali was more than equipped to defend against the majority of a Tyson attack, but the obliterating power of one good punch landing is probably being underestimated.  Foreman X20.

Early Tyson was the most dominant force I have ever seen.  I agree that Ali was more than equipped to defend against the majority of a Tyson attack, but the obliterating power of one good punch landing is probably being underestimated.  Foreman X20.
Tyson was also fighting guys who wouldn't touch Ali either. Hot take, but Ali is the greatest athlete in the history of all sports in my opinion. 

Tyson didn’t have Foreman’s reach though (I believe). I don’t think he wouldn’t been able to get in there against Ali. But yea if he got one, he’d put him on the mat for sure. 

Judging by your username going to assume you are considered local to Carolina Panthers TV market and the game is being carried  on a local station.
Its not on anywhere unless the guide has it under the wrong name.  Seems odd.  Ive got golf, bull riding and swimming on my locals

looked great against the SECOND TEAM Cowboys defense.
Lawrence also made some good throws under extreme pressure a week ago. The oline is the only thing  in the way for him to have a very good rookie season. They've invested in the oline, but haven't hit yet. 

49ers rotate QBs on first series, and finishes with Jimmy G rushing for a TD from the 3 yard line.

I don't like the switching out QBs 4-5 times a drive...I hope Kyle is just tinkering with some ideas here.

That said, the offense looks good so far against the Raiders 2nd stringers.

Last edited by a moderator:
49ers rotating Lance and Jimmy G on first series against Raiders scrubs.  Not every play, but every few.  8 rushes (none by lance) 2 passes, and Jimmy G ran in the td at the goal line.  Gonna give the Lions some fits game planning for that.

49ers rotate QBs on first series, and finishes with Jimmy G rushing for a TD from the 3 yard line.

I don't like the switching out QBs 4-5 times a drive...I hope Kyle is just tinkering with some ideas here.
As a Trey dynasty investor, I do.  The more of that they do, the sooner he's the man.

49ers rotating Lance and Jimmy G on first series against Raiders scrubs.  Not every play, but every few.  8 rushes (none by lance) 2 passes, and Jimmy G ran in the td at the goal line.  Gonna give the Lions some fits game planning for that.
The Lions would have fits game planning for me.  That’s possibly the first 0-17 team ever.

The Lions would have fits game planning for me.  That’s possibly the first 0-17 team ever.

I didn't want to be TOO dramatic and say "Every 2021 opponent" but it has to at least get the attention of Detroit and the rest of the NFC West.

Watching the Giants/Pats game late in the 1st, line and Daniel Jones having issues so far. That Slayton drop didn't help. S/T isn't bad though.

EDIT: Blake Martinez is fast! Great INT there.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a ####ty pass/decision by Jones for the endzone INT. Those are the decisions he's got to stop doing if this O is going to take the next step. Threw it late and inside to Engram with 3 Patriots around him.

Users who are viewing this thread