What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick a Pair/Half Decade Album Draft - Bonus Rounds Thu & Fri - Pick three if you want (1 Viewer)

PIK and Charlie Steiner make 21.  I'm going to leave another slot available for KP since he stuck it out for 500 rounds of Genrepalooza.

I'll roll for draft order after I wash the dog.

Commencing draft order procedure

1. Eephus
  2. Rockaction
  3. Dr. Octopus
  4. Northern Voice
  5. krista4
  6. timschochet
  7. the moops
  8. Mrs. Rannous
  9. HellToupee
  10. El Floppo
  11. ilov80s
  12. Sinn Fein
  13. Doug B
  14. Raging weasel
  15. pip's invitation
  16. Chaos Commish
  17. higgins
  18. landrys hat
  19. rcam
  20. PIK95
  21. Charlie Steiner
  22. Karma Police

The only dice of this draft

11d1000, rolled 2 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 243, 54, 786, 754, 232, 818, 49, 404, 14, 620, 679
Roll subtotal: 4653
Roll total: 4653

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 453, 840, 440, 905, 320, 393, 558, 970, 850, 598, 600
Roll subtotal: 6927
Roll total: 6927

awcrap I forgot to say whether high or low goes first.  So I'll randomize that first.

1 = High is first

2 = Low goes first

d1000 rolls to participants unsorted

243    --    Eephus
54    --    Rockaction
786    --    Dr. Octopus
754    --    Northern Voice
232    --    krista4
818    --    timschochet
49    --    the moops
404    --    Mrs. Rannous
14    --    HellToupee
620    --    El Floppo
679    --    ilov80s
453    --    Sinn Fein
840    --    Doug B
440    --    Raging weasel
905    --    pip's invitation
320    --    Chaos Commish
393    --    higgins
558    --    landrys hat
970    --    rcam
850    --    PIK95
598    --    Charlie Steiner
600    --    Karma Police

***Official Draft Order

1. HellToupee
  2. the moops
  3. Rockaction
  4. krista4
  5. Eephus
  6. Chaos Commish
  7. higgins
  8. Mrs. Rannous
  9. Raging weasel
  10. Sinn Fein
  11. landrys hat
  12. Charlie Steiner
  13. Karma Police
  14. El Floppo
  15. ilov80s
  16. Northern Voice
  17. Dr. Octopus
  18. timschochet
  19. Doug B
  20. PIK95
  21. pip's invitation
  22. rcam
@HellToupee

The fine print

Allmusic, Discogs and Wikipedia are authoritative regarding release dates.  Spotify is not.

• Compilations (e.g. greatest hits, soundtracks, singles/rarities collections) are ineligible.
  • Half decade eligibility for live albums is based on date recorded not date released.
  • Catalogs of solo artists include albums made with a named backing band (e.g. TP and the Heartbreakers, EC and the Attractions)
  • Krista's rule: Wings is considered solo Paul
  • Pip's rule: CSN and CSNY are equivalent

Yes. They can be from 94 and 95 if you like.

Half decades are the only thing that matters
OK now I’m confused: 

I thought they had to be from different half decades- 94 and 95 would be the same half decade right? (1991-1995) 

Also if I take two Led Zeppelin albums does that eliminate Led Zeppelin? Or can somebody else take two other Led Zeppelin albums? 

OK now I’m confused: 

I thought they had to be from different half decades- 94 and 95 would be the same half decade right? (1991-1995) 

Also if I take two Led Zeppelin albums does that eliminate Led Zeppelin? Or can somebody else take two other Led Zeppelin albums? 

Sigh.

"2. Half decades start with zeros and fives, e.g. 1980-84, 2005-09. The entire 1950s and 2020s are considered eligible half decades."

OK now I’m confused: 

Half decades start with zeros and fives

Multiple drafters can claim the same band and half-decades, just not the same albums.  Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street can both be drafted, just not at the same time. They have to be paired with another Rolling Stones album that's not from the early 70s.

Half decade eligibility for live albums is based on date recorded not date released.
There are a few well-placed live albums where the recorded dates will span across two separate half-decades. Just pick one or the other?

I'm as clear as Clarence, I think.

Albums get removed, but not entire artists nor all records from that half-decade by an artist already selected. Decades are 0-4, 5-9. Optional hitting of all decades if one wants nerd points. The scarcity it creates are bands like the Sex Pistols, who are in the punk rock pantheon, are pretty much immediately disqualified. Most other bands will have a shelf life of a half decade. If bands are fortuitous enough to stick it out for a long time with quality releases or happen to have split a half decade or the turn of one, they're in luck!

Got it. Ready to go.

I think. Sorry to spotlight a band, but I figured that might be the best example of a one-album band that created or is in the pantheon of their respective genre that won't qualify, save for live recordings of theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-read the second post. Without having to span 60+ years, this becomes a very different exercise.

I thought about more complications but more half decade requirements aren't worth the extra bookkeeping.

I think the scarcity gimmick will pose enough of a challenge as artists start getting closed out.

Hmmm, I did not understand this.  I thought once a band was taken for a half-decade, they were out.  No?

So if I were, purely hypothetically, to take a Beatles '60-'64, someone else could still take one?  That doesn't make them so scarce as I thought.

Hmmm, I did not understand this.  I thought once a band was taken for a half-decade, they were out.  No?
No. But if, say, a band released one album in 1964, 8 albums in 1965-69, and one album in 1970, they could only be selected twice. The 1964 album plus one from 65-69 and the 1970 album plus one from 65-69. The other 65-69 albums couldn't be taken because there would be nothing left to pair them with. (Alternatively, someone could be mean and take the 1964 album and the 1970 album, eliminating all the 65-69 albums because there would be nothing to pair them with.)

Users who are viewing this thread