What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick a Pair/Half Decade Album Draft - Bonus Rounds Thu & Fri - Pick three if you want (3 Viewers)

So before I pick just clarifying the simple rules , years 0-4 & 5-9? Am I correct, yes?

gladI popped in before going to bed. Busy day tomorrow and won’t be around during much of the daylight

COMIN' OUT OF THE BOOTH, BLUES-Y BLAZING AFTER A DABBLING IN HIPPIEDOM FOR THE BRIEFEST OF MOMENTS.

CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING?

Ok let’s get this going. Will do a proper write up tomorrow. Some many options , obviously didn’t consider scarcity because the catalog is deep 

1.01 The Rolling Stones

1971- Sticky Fingers

1969-Let in Bleed
This is akin to picking 1.01 in the Greatest 100m Sprinter of all-time draft.

I also appreciate the @ but I’m traveling the next 4 days and then I’m back into the COVID/RSV/Flu hellhole, so I’ll have to pass on this one. 

Sounds like a fun draft. 

So what's a half decade?  00, 01, 02, 03, 04?  

I feel kinda stupid, but I still don't get that part.  Do they have to be separated by five years?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I reread that part.  Do we have to hit each half decade once?  Or can we just live in the 90's?
You can live in the 90s, but some people will try to hit all the half decades.

There is no reason to do so, aside from self assigned nerd credit points. 

I was bitten by a boar
I was gouged and I was gored
But I pulled on through

Yeah, I'm a sack of broken eggs
I always have an unmade bed
Don't you?

Looks like fun.  But I'll just watch as FBG has been blocked at work and I hate trying to post from my phone.

Looking forward to lurking.

HellToupee said:
Ok let’s get this going. Will do a proper write up tomorrow. Some many options , obviously didn’t consider scarcity because the catalog is deep 

1.01 The Rolling Stones

1971- Sticky Fingers

1969-Let in Bleed
Love that, this band was made for this draft

OK, so many ways to go here. And this is the 4th name/band I have typed up and deleted and now retyped. Also debated between three albums by this guy. Gotta go with the greatest songwriter of all time though.

1.02 Bob Dylan

1965 - Highway 61 Revisited

1975 - Blood on the Tracks

I've got time before k4 is even up, right? I'm up Left Coast early.

I'm having a devil of a time deciding between Kelce and an injury-proof CMC.

Oh ####### hell. She's up right now.

(That was said with a smile, by the way. I had a write-up all ready and will have to can it for next time, should those albums be available.)

Okay, it's going to be a long, long wait for pick number 47 or so. I feel guilty taking this. It's not you, it's your draft position, fool. But sometimes the dice go tumblin', right number one band of the draft?

There goes this band. You better hit it.

1.03 The Velvet Underground

The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967)

Loaded (1970)

I'll write something later, but I'm really not sure anything I write could even begin to capture the enormous importance, artistic creativity, or heck, let's call it divine spark and songcraft that can only come from a studied songwriter and classical aficionado breaking all the damn rules in a modern form. And that's their first album.

Wait until they try and consciously write an album with hit songs and come up with a line like, "'Can I have your autograph?' he said to the fat, blonde actress'" An absurd sentiment, an absurd try, right? Yet one of the songs on that album is remembered by everyone with a pulse who likes rock and roll. Indeed, one the best songs has "Rock N' Roll" right in the title.

It beggars belief. The ten thousand bands that came after can sign their royalty checks over.

Out.

Songs TK. I'm going to try and find something cool for y'all. Maybe covers? I dunno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread