What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie: *** Official manhunt time *** (1 Viewer)

Ok... two assumptions: 1- he's dead, in which case game over other than finding the body and his motive. 2- he's hiding out or on the run.

If the latter, given how he's performed so far hiding the body (allegedly), do we expect him to be terribly good at being on the lam? If he's still alive, he's going to get caught pdq.

If you walked into a store today and saw someone wearing a baseball hat, a mask covering most of their face, a hood on from a hooded jacket or sweatshirt and a backpack, how much attention would you give it in the new pandemic filled world?

In effect, Laundrie is now permanently homeless.

What's working against him is he can't blend in on a large college campus.  But look at that picture of him again and imagine if he simply drank melted ice cream until he packed on 40 pounds and then grew his hair out long. The guy could be sitting across from you anywhere in America, and with those changes, you'd probably not give him a 2nd glance.

Plenty of homeless people survive going under the radar for a very long time.

What would I do in Laundries place right now? Well I would never want to be in that situation, but the first thing he should do is secure enough food and a secure hiding place to ride out the daily media cycle. He needs talk of this case to die down. Then he should try to find someone who looks like him in terms of age/aesthetic/weight/race, etc etc and bird dog that person and steal their wallet. Now he has hopefully a drivers license where the picture looks close. That gives him some soft cover for a while. Don't use the credit cards in the wallet, just hold onto the ID and the cash.

Next would be to procure a firearm. Then a vehicle if he doesn't have one right now. But I'll sort of leave it there and here for now.

If you walked into a store today and saw someone wearing a baseball hat, a mask covering most of their face, a hood on from a hooded jacket or sweatshirt and a backpack, how much attention would you give it in the new pandemic filled world?

What's working against him is he can't blend in on a large college campus.  But look at that picture of him again and imagine if he simply drank melted ice cream until he packed on 40 pounds and then grew his hair out long. The guy could be sitting across from you anywhere in America, and with those changes, you'd probably not give him a 2nd glance.

What would I do in Laundries place right now? Well I would never want to be in that situation, but the first thing he should do is secure enough food and a secure hiding place to ride out the daily media cycle. He needs talk of this case to die down. Then he should try to find someone who looks like him in terms of age/aesthetic/weight/race, etc etc and bird dog that person and steal their wallet. Now he has hopefully a drivers license where the picture looks close. That gives him some soft cover for a while. Don't use the credit cards in the wallet, just hold onto the ID and the cash.

Next would be to procure a firearm. Then a vehicle if he doesn't have one right now. But I'll sort of leave it there and here for now.
Are you sure you're not speaking from experience? :oldunsure:

Nexis is going to make it very hard to buy a car under another identity in anything but a cash transaction, and leave the car unregistered.  Where's this cash coming from?  The second he gets pulled over it's done.  

With the internet and all the banking/identity items out there today for big transactions it's damn near impossible to last without something like a cash operation (drugs) feeding your day to day or have a buddy that covers for you, but why?  Gotta leave the country somehow.  Or just throw in the towel, which I bet he's done.

Nexis is going to make it very hard to buy a car under another identity in anything but a cash transaction, and leave the car unregistered.  Where's this cash coming from?  The second he gets pulled over it's done.  

With the internet and all the banking/identity items out there today for big transactions it's damn near impossible to last without something like a cash operation (drugs) feeding your day to day or have a buddy that covers for you, but why?  Gotta leave the country somehow.  Or just throw in the towel, which I bet he's done.
FWIW, the parents probably stocked his wallet as much as possible without making it too huge a red flag.

With the internet and all the banking/identity items out there today for big transactions it's damn near impossible to last without something like a cash operation (drugs) feeding your day to day or have a buddy that covers for you, but why?  
Like a laundering scheme?  This would really hamper the ability to find him. But he would’ve had to have that  ironed out in advance. 

Like a laundering scheme?  This would really hamper the ability to find him. But he would’ve had to have that  ironed out in advance. 

Yeah I mean drug runners have a way to launder stuff.  This guy has none of that.  Even a parent stuffing his pockets with whatever $20s they can pull out the ATM won't help.  

If he's gone Rudolph. More power to him honestly.  That's maybe worse than prison.  

:eek:

Are you sure you're not speaking from experience? :oldunsure:

Point To Note : I want this guy caught and I want answers for this girl's family. That being said, if he has any skill whatsoever, his line of thinking in how to escape and evade will mirror some of what I discuss below. If he's guilty, Petito's family deserve real justice.

Laundrie is from Florida. So the two biggest mistakes people make when they are on the run is

1) They eventually attempt to make some kind of contact with their old life.

2) They stay in the area they know ( while they have a better assessment of the resources there, the odds of them running into someone they already know or knows of them increases exponentially)

For all intents and purposes, Laundrie, if he's alive, needs to treat everyone in his "past" life as dead. The problem is the runner believes they are dead to their family when it should be the other way around. You have to treat your family, your friends, your coworkers, your associates, your neighbors, your classmates and on and on and on as if they all died.

Where should Laundrie go? Well it's always better in a dire situation to pick a place where you can blend in, no one knows you,  the odds of someone who used to know you finding you is very low, there's some kind of potential resource base and, given you are functionally homeless, a place with good weather.

(Anyone want to be homeless in a bad New York winter?)

So let's say Laundrie goes to California. There are 40+ million people there already. It has the largest homeless population in America and plenty of illegal immigrants there already.

If he manages to last past this media explosion where his face is plastered constantly in the daily news cycle, he should immediately buy a sports hat for a local team. Or several for several local teams. You see a guy in San Diego wearing a Padres hat, is that going to trigger your suspicion? Or a guy in LA wearing a Chargers jacket? The other issue is when Laundrie spots someone else in a Padres hat or a Chargers jacket, he can make some small talk. If Justin Herbert gets hurt, do you think Daniels can do anything decent in relief? Keenan Allen has been there forever, how long do you think he can keep playing?

Commonality bonds people. It eases tension. It denotes something other than "pure stranger" It's also an opening. I was born here as a kid and moved to X when my dad got a work transfer, now I'm back. What's a good cheap place to eat? Where can someone find some part time work for cash? If I'm looking for X or Y, what's your advice?  Is it that uncommon for people to move in and out of the LA area all the time?

Law enforcement is looking for someone alone. So while it's counter intuitive, if Laundrie is around people again, and if he can hold a cover story,  that changes the dynamic. Cops are looking for a single guy on the run. They aren't looking for a guy who just gained 40 pounds in a Padres hat hanging out with another person.

So maybe he needs to eat. You walk into an In And Out and before you do, you pick up a discarded empty drink cup in the parking lot first. You sit in a booth. Read a book or a newspaper or magazine. Make sure your cup is visible. Pretend to do things as if you belong there. Watch who leaves their tray unattended after they leave. Then sit there. Very natural. Eat what's left.

Or go to a large hotel and walk in casually. Explore the public areas when there's a little bit of higher traffic. See who leaves their room key out. Walk into a room? Of course not. But now you can walk in later with a laptop bag and a clipboard with the room key visible clipped to the top and, if no one is checking, get a continental breakfast.

Get an orange traffic vest. Find a hard hat if you can. Carry that clipboard or a metal Posse box. Carry a Pelican case around. Pretend to take notes. Could be any city in America. You could be working for the city. Or some engineering firm. Or for a utility. This allows you to case out locations and sites without looking suspicious when you might otherwise look suspicious. You are just a working stiff who only has a TV dinner and nagging wife at home to look forward to in life.

Easiest weapon to get first is a knife. Get a neck sheath and lanyard. Keep it under your T shirt or under your zipped jacket. A Karambit would be the most practical.

Easiest firearm until you can source a commercial grade pistol is a bang stick. Metal pipe, a shotgun shell and a nail. Slam fired at close range. You can technically make a simple one for a 22 caliber round. Or a 9mm. It's not that complicated.

If you can source one before you get to the west coast, a 26 inch expandable baton. Easy to conceal and deploy.

Federal law enforcement will be looking for someone hiding in Florida. Then don't be that, be someone slipping through the shadows on the other coast. They'll attempt to use facial recognition, so understand how to avoid places where you expose yourself. Don't show up at an airport. Don't go to a major public sporting event. Don't drive with your face exposed. Use a Glad bag full of sand and make a rope lanyard for it and hide it under your jacket as a weight to change your "gait"  We are talking about a young white male in his early 20s that's about average height and is, so far, height weight proportionate. Think about where that profile is very common. You have to be smarter than to go to Minnesota into Ilhan Omar's district where you might stick out like sore  thumb.

You have to give yourself a schedule and some practical goals. You can't just wander aimlessly forever. You have to make a checklist and start working your way down that checklist.

Psychologically, you have to turn it into a type of game. Moving pieces on a chessboard. You can't think about Item 73 on your list when you are still stuck on 12th on the list. It's easy to overwhelm yourself if you lack discipline.

Hide in plain sight. Build a cover. Hold your "legend". Disappear in a crowd.

The possibility exists, however slim, that he might be innocent of killing Petito. But, to be fair, it's unlikely. If he hurt someone I loved? I'd find him. He wouldn't last long. Many of you have daughters. What would you do to someone who robbed you of someone you loved? And not just anyone, but your baby girl. It's different for fathers and daughters, the bond and relationship is just different. If someone hurt your baby girl, you don't want some glory hog FBI bureaucrat on the hunt. You want a straight up Tier 1 relentless amoral pipe hitter like me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let me explain this a different way.

Laundrie is in his early 20s. He has no practical life experience. He appears to have no practical work experience. Video of him shows him to be, to my estimation, basically an idiot.

The FBI has to approach this from two angles.

First, if he's just a stupid kid and will do predictably stupid things that will get him caught. Assuming he's even alive. And if he's guilty, and he's found, he should suffer pure justice for what he's done.

Second, he's an unusually sophisticated hard target who grew up in the information age and is a pure digital native who has deep grasp of how the current information system and law enforcement bureaucracy will hunt him.

Again, the core demographic of the average regular FBG poster is a white male in their 40s and 50s. I'm much older than that, so is Wikkid. You a few women like krista4 and few others. To be fair, most of us cannot truly conceived the world view of a millennial who is also a digital native. The approach, mentality and baseline skill set is just purely different.

In the rare instance that Laundrie is a purely sophisticated threat, beyond his age and his work and life experience, he needs to be hunted by someone who understands how to escape and evade like legitimate hard target. Maybe the FBI has that personnel base to do that, maybe they don't. Honestly the US Marshals are more suited for this kind of work, particularly their SOG units.

You want the truth? It's easy to get caught. It's also easy to never be found. Both can be true at the same time.

For the sake of Petito's family, you want the ideal situation of a highly skilled and experienced law enforcement team coupled with a non sophisticated threat profile.

That's the deal. That's how it works.

I think the MSM is just trying to spin this story so it fits nicely into their 24-hr news cycle. 

There's nothing to spin, that's why this story has exploded.

Petito carries three specific things that will draw in an audience

1) "Neoteny"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoteny_in_humans

She was in her early 20s but she carried a physical aesthetic that made her look like she was 14-15. This resonates with parents, particularly Caucasian parents.  It will appeal to white suburban women, which represents massive purchasing power in America. Which appeals to advertisers and sponsors.

Looking young also highlights a different narrative to Petito as a victim. There is some cross over aesthetics that lend towards Eastern European, which then dovetails into an international audience.

2) Halo Effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

Petito looks young and innocent, thus all other positive attributes implied but not verified will be associated with her as well. Is that true? Well no one here knows her very well, but in the MSM, this is a game of perception not truth. She could have been the sweetest person in the entire world or she could have been a very unpleasant person. But her natural aesthetic lends an immediate positive impression of her with the general American audience.

Just because you are "cute" doesn't mean you are innocent and sweet and kind. But it doesn't mean those things can't be true either. The difference is your range of tolerance against a social baseline increases the more the Halo Effect happens

3) Petito was "Accessibly Attractive"

She looks like the girl next door you used to date or your friend dated or guys secretly wished they asked out and dated. The dynamic of how men respond to women, especially young women isn't that complicated. Paternal or sexual. That's about the range of it. However, how women respond to women in the public eye is frighteningly complex. If Petito looked like Megan Fox or Nicki Minaj, this changes things dramatically. If she looked like Charlize Theron in her youth or a Victoria's Secret swimsuit model, this changes things dramatically. If Petito was 50 pounds heavier or 6'2 and was a Cross Fit competitor with heavy musculature, this changes things dramatically.

No one wants to hear this, but in the eyes of the MSM, Petito is treated like a commodity. She was assessed through EScore metrics that determine trends in how audiences respond to one type of appeal/aesthetic versus another.

When Big Ben got into a scandal with two women in two separate incidents, many Steeler fans went rabid years ago when I said if it was Tom Brady or Derek Jeter, the media narrative, given that time and place, might spin completely different. If Katie Faber was black and not white, do you think that has no impact in how Kobe Bryant might be perceived? If it happened in LA and not Colorado?

One of the easiest ways to understand national media optics and scandals is to remove the idea of it functioning like actual news but more like operating an investment.

The MSM weighs out the investment of air time that can convert to eyes and clicks and outrage and interest and possible longevity of the narrative. The MSM doesn't see Petito like a human being, it sees her like a stock.

If that bothers some of you, well it should, but it also shouldn't be surprising.

When all of you see a massive car pile up on the freeway, do you slow down, stop and peer? It's a little easy to just lay a finger on the MSM and just point out their callous brutality and avoid that reality that the masses are the mob and the mob wants it's bread and circuses.

Human tragedy is a drug and most people refuse to stop snorting lines of it off of a mirror.

Most American are looking at this case and are asking the wrong questions. The MSM is built around the paper thin house of cards that says they know what the questions that should matter the most to you.

What did I say to many of you 15 years ago when you were all greenhorns and very likely did not listen?  The most dangerous person in any room is the person who knows how to ask the right questions at the right time.

If he went to DeSoto, then someone definitely picked him up in a boat. He's probably living/hiding on one in a marina slip somewhere and has someone bringing him food. I mean, who's checking marinas in the area? No one, that's who.

I heard he has family in NY that is in some sort of boat or yacht business and they have offices/properties all over, including several in Florida and some in other countries....if true, he could easily have someone help him get away on the water and take him anywhere, really.

No link for the boat business claim, I saw it on twitter from an internet sleuth last week.

ETA: also according to Twitter, the Laundries themsleves own 3 boats, and their hull numbers have been posted by multiple.people.

If he went to DeSoto, then someone definitely picked him up in a boat. He's probably living/hiding on one in a marina slip somewhere and has someone bringing him food. I mean, who's checking marinas in the area? No one, that's who.

I heard he has family in NY that is in some sort of boat or yacht business and they have offices/properties all over, including several in Florida and some in other countries....if true, he could easily have someone help him get away on the water and take him anywhere, really.

No link for the boat business claim, I saw it on twitter from an internet sleuth last week.

ETA: also according to Twitter, the Laundries themsleves own 3 boats, and their hull numbers have been posted by multiple.people.
Better check Bryant Boats to see if there were any suspicious purchases recently.

looks like Dog's tip was good.  link 

"NEW: Just got my hands on documentation from Pinellas County Parks. The check in report confirms Roberta Laundrie (#BrianLaundrie’s mom) did in fact check into Site 001 @ Ft. DeSoto Park on 9/6 and checked out on 9/8. It does not say who else was with her."

looks like Dog's tip was good.  link 

"NEW: Just got my hands on documentation from Pinellas County Parks. The check in report confirms Roberta Laundrie (#BrianLaundrie’s mom) did in fact check into Site 001 @ Ft. DeSoto Park on 9/6 and checked out on 9/8. It does not say who else was with her."

I'd say that the chances are awfully high that the FBI already had this info... :shrug:

you know what as long as dog is going to be out there doing whatever that brohan does he might as well catch the sob and get him to authorities and who in the heck knows maybe in florida dog catching this guy would just be another afternoon take that to the bank brohans 

I've heard that Laundrie's mom has or had a burner phone...can't confirm it anywhere though. 

Brian left his wallet and phone at his parents house when he left according to actual articles.

Saw this asked on another board, might as well ask it here:

Attorneys...

Let's say that Dog gathers evidence in this case and turns it over to the police. Would the evidence be admissible in court if Dog obtains the evidence in a way that the police are not allowed to?

Is it possible that Dog could eventually screw up the prosecution of this case, and end up being the reason Laundrie isn't convicted?
What does the house think?

Attorneys...

Let's say that Dog gathers evidence in this case and turns it over to the police. Would the evidence be admissible in court if Dog obtains the evidence in a way that the police are not allowed to?

Is it possible that Dog could eventually screw up the prosecution of this case, and end up being the reason Laundrie isn't convicted?

Police have procedures they have to follow when collecting evidence, citizens do not.

I see no reason why evidence presented by a bounty hunter/citizen wouldn't be allowed in court, unless said evidence was damaged or contaminated in some way (like DNA or something).

Police have procedures they have to follow when collecting evidence, citizens do not.

I see no reason why evidence presented by a bounty hunter/citizen wouldn't be allowed in court, unless said evidence was damaged or contaminated in some way (like DNA or something).
From my extensive viewing of all things Law & Order, I believe the issue would be the chain of custody of any potential evidence might have been broken and a good defense attorney would argue that it should be thrown out or not considered. For example, for argument's sake, let's say Dog snuck into the house of one of Brian's friends in FL and found something of Gabby's that had blood on it (at a site the police had not been to). If he took that item out of the home and presented it to the police, since there was no police report or photographs of the item in the house, it would be very difficult to prove that item came from the house or had anything to do with Brian. Similarly, if Dog found that item hidden in the house and left it there and alerted the police to it, they would have an issue if they tried to get a search warrant to comb through the premises (they would have no probable cause to go to the friend's house). At that point, the defense attorney would demand to know how the police came to search that house and could argue in court that the bloody item was planted.

I suppose there could be other evidence that the police could use (like they already have been) in terms of photographs, videos, recordings, testimony, online postings, etc. But things like the OJ Simpson bloody glove would likely be a tough sell in court if a bounty hunter just showed up at Police HQ with it. But I never went to a day of law school, so what do I know.

Ill-gotten evidence is never going to be allowed by any method. And as anarchy said the chain would be immediately used by any defense attorney to get evidence kicked out. Dog is just wasting time/trying to drum up publicity. I am certain the cops/fbi want nothing to do with him. 

From my extensive viewing of all things Law & Order, I believe the issue would be the chain of custody of any potential evidence might have been broken and a good defense attorney would argue that it should be thrown out or not considered. For example, for argument's sake, let's say Dog snuck into the house of one of Brian's friends in FL and found something of Gabby's that had blood on it (at a site the police had not been to). If he took that item out of the home and presented it to the police, since there was no police report or photographs of the item in the house, it would be very difficult to prove that item came from the house or had anything to do with Brian. Similarly, if Dog found that item hidden in the house and left it there and alerted the police to it, they would have an issue if they tried to get a search warrant to comb through the premises (they would have no probable cause to go to the friend's house). At that point, the defense attorney would demand to know how the police came to search that house and could argue in court that the bloody item was planted.

I suppose there could be other evidence that the police could use (like they already have been) in terms of photographs, videos, recordings, testimony, online postings, etc. But things like the OJ Simpson bloody glove would likely be a tough sell in court if a bounty hunter just showed up at Police HQ with it. But I never went to a day of law school, so what do I know.

This makes sense, but realistically, what evidence could Dog find other than records, vdeo, photos, etc...its not like he's gonna find a murder weapon or anything that has to be examined in a lab or tested for dna.

From WFLA Josh:

JUST IN. #Laundrie family attorney confirms all three family members camped at Fort De Soto campground from September 6-7th and left park together. #BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito

ETA Justin's tweet:

NEW one line response from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino saying the family camped from 9/6-9/7 which contradicts record showing an end date of Sept 8. He says “they all left the park.” I have sent follow up questions.

Ill-gotten evidence is never going to be allowed by any method. And as anarchy said the chain would be immediately used by any defense attorney to get evidence kicked out. Dog is just wasting time/trying to drum up publicity. I am certain the cops/fbi want nothing to do with him. 
There's a difference between ill-gotten by police and ill-gotten by a private citizen, though.  There's no reason a private citizen can't properly establish a chain of custody.   Evidence collected by private investigators is admitted all of the time.  They can't break into a house, but they also don't need a warrant to look around if they're invited into someone's house.   Kind of like a vampire.  As long as they aren't acting on behalf of the government, they aren't constrained by the 4th amendment.  

Response from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino saying the family camped from 9/6-9/7 which contradicts record showing an end date of Sept 8. He says “they all left the park.” 

Sure they did - his parents in their vehicle, and Brian on a boat with a family friend. Too easy from the waterfront lot.

The record of registered campers shows Mrs. Laundrie checked into “Site 001-Waterfront” between Sept. 6 and Sept. 8

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-county/brian-laundries-mother-visited-ft-de-soto-campground-in-september-records-show/

@BrianEntin: "The Laundries did not help us find Gabby. They are sure not going to help us find Brian. For Brian - we are asking you to turn yourself in." - Petito family attorney Richard Stafford.

@BrianEntin: "The parents are 100 percent satisfied with the FBI." - Petito family attorney Richard Stafford.

It seems much easier to be a fugitive when you can wear a mask all the time in public without drawing any suspicion.   Put a hat on to cover that bald head and there isn't much chance of being recognized.   

It seems much easier to be a fugitive when you can wear a mask all the time in public without drawing any suspicion.   Put a hat on to cover that bald head and there isn't much chance of being recognized.   
True.  But imo it’s amazing he’s hidden himself this much assuming he’s alive.  There are so many people obsessing over this that someone should have seen him by now.  I think he’s likely dead but who knows.  

Users who are viewing this thread