What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Here if You Have or Know of Someone Who Has Been Harmed by Covid Vax (1 Viewer)

^^^ Did you guys actually take the time to read that article? Look, it may or may not be accurate that the vax caused that NBA player's blood clots, but his story itself isn't misinfo - rather just info that isn't being reported anywhere else.

And BTW, it's very much in line with the point of this thread - to hear accounts of those who have been harmed by Covid vaxxes. You choose to dismiss those accounts as anecdotal and/or non-causal, fine. But don't dismiss them just b/c the mainstream media refuses to report them, which is exactly what the last several posts seem to be doing.
So which is it?  A thread where we tell stories about problems that MIGHT be tied to the vaccine or a thread where we tell stories about problems tied to the vaccine?  This is one of the primary problems with "discussions" of this type....the goalposts are always moving depending on what helps the predetermined narrative.

So which is it?  A thread where we tell stories about problems that MIGHT be tied to the vaccine or a thread where we tell stories about problems tied to the vaccine?  This is one of the primary problems with "discussions" of this type....the goalposts are always moving depending on what helps the predetermined narrative.

The point of my last post, which you clearly missed, is that while that website reporting the NBA player's account may be suspect, that doesn't invalidate his personal account. He believes the vax harmed him. And reading his story, I think he has at least some reason to validly believe it did. I'm glad it was posted. I'm glad I read it. Strawmanning that the website has a history of misinfo (even if true) doesn't invalidate that player's account of his vax experience.

dozer said:
Please stop using this as a source.

when you researched the story Brandon Goodwin/covid/blood clots ... did you find validity to the story ?

I don't care if you don't like certain web sites - if the story is true and accurate that's the important part isn't it ?

so when you searched - did Brandon Goodwin talk about covid and blood clots ? 

The point of my last post, which you clearly missed, is that while that website reporting the NBA player's account may be suspect, that doesn't invalidate his personal account. He believes the vax harmed him. And reading his story, I think he has at least some reason to validly believe it did. I'm glad it was posted. I'm glad I read it. Strawmanning that the website has a history of misinfo (even if true) doesn't invalidate that player's account of his vax experience.
I'm not sure what the issue is.  He got blood clots and got treatment for it.  He most-likely he got the blood clots from the Vaccine.  We all know that this happens on rare occasions.  I think it's listed as a possible adverse affect.

I don't think anyone is claiming that there are no possible side affects.  It's just that they are extremely rare.  Hell, you have a 1 in 185,000 chance of dying just from the anesthesia when you get put under.

I'm not sure what the issue is.  He got blood clots and got treatment for it.  He most-likely he got the blood clots from the Vaccine.  We all know that this happens on rare occasions.  I think it's listed as a possible adverse affect.

I don't think anyone is claiming that there are no possible side affects.  It's just that they are extremely rare.  Hell, you have a 1 in 185,000 chance of dying just from the anesthesia when you get put under.

Fine. Say that then. Don't say that the story isn't worthy of note or consideration b/c it was a site you don't like. (Not you, but the several posters that did to exactly that.)

We can approach reading things that may or may not be true in two ways.

Run around screaming hysterically or we can use logic and fact to help us.

Is it possible vaccines caused this guys blood clots? Yes. Is it also possible that blood clots happened anyway? Yes. Blood clots occur more in the general population than what the covid vaccines cause. He is blaming the vaccine cause thats easy to do. Even if the vaccine did cause it, sorry bud the maths is incredibly unlucky. Still would you rather take 1 in 100/150 of dying from covid or 1 in 200000/1000000 of getting blood clots from a vaccine that you will more than likely survive

We can approach reading things that may or may not be true in two ways.

Run around screaming hysterically or we can use logic and fact to help us.

Is it possible vaccines caused this guys blood clots? Yes. Is it also possible that blood clots happened anyway? Yes. Blood clots occur more in the general population than what the covid vaccines cause. He is blaming the vaccine cause thats easy to do. Even if the vaccine did cause it, sorry bud the maths is incredibly unlucky. Still would you rather take 1 in 100/150 of dying from covid or 1 in 200000/1000000 of getting blood clots from a vaccine that you will more than likely survive

Who is screaming hysterically?

LOL, way to backtrack. No one here is shouting hysterically. There was no need for you to use such offputting language.

This is selective data at best. My odds are not anywhere close. My kids' odds are essentially zero. Use the maths you are clinging to a bit less disingenuously, please.
Pick a fight with someone else dude. We all know the agenda you are seeking. Be honest about it.

As for the 1 in 150, next time I will be more specific like. “0 per cent for under 4s, less than 0.1 per cent for people under 40, 0.36 per cent if 50 to 54, 2.17 if 70 to 74, 5 per cent if 80 to 84 and 16 per cent for those over 90.”

Then i would have to separate into pre-existing conditions and “healthy”. Then i would have to subdivide into a thousand other categories. I’m fine with the 1 in 100/1 in 150 as a dataset. Otherwise we have to break it down to an individual level, which just makes it confusing. 

The player himself is currently saying he does not know if he got the clots from the vaccine.

https://twitter.com/goodysav/status/1448717954049314817

"I don’t have a story. That wasn’t something I wanted to get out there. I got sick. Maybe it was the vaccine maybe it was covid idk I’m not a expert. But I’m fine, and I’m healthy and about to play."

He was cut a day after tweeting the above. Perhaps he was feeling some pressure to stop making his case a thing, since he was on the roster bubble. He clearly felt very differently previously...

“I was fine up until then, up until I took the vaccine,” Goodwin said. “I was fine. So people trying to tell you it’s not the vaccine, how do you know? You don’t know. Yes, the vaccine ended my season, one thousand percent.”

According to the latest data from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, there have been 10,131 U.S. reports of blood clotting disorders after receiving a COVID vaccine between Dec. 14, 2020 and Oct. 8, 2021. Of those, 4,407 reports were attributed to Pfizer, 3,654 reports to Moderna and 2,018 reports to J&J.

I don't know those 10,131 ... but they were harmed

Pick a fight with someone else dude. We all know the agenda you are seeking. Be honest about it.

As for the 1 in 150, next time I will be more specific like. “0 per cent for under 4s, less than 0.1 per cent for people under 40, 0.36 per cent if 50 to 54, 2.17 if 70 to 74, 5 per cent if 80 to 84 and 16 per cent for those over 90.”

Then i would have to separate into pre-existing conditions and “healthy”. Then i would have to subdivide into a thousand other categories. I’m fine with the 1 in 100/1 in 150 as a dataset. Otherwise we have to break it down to an individual level, which just makes it confusing. 

You post was clearly pedantic and used cherry-picked stats. Your tone and message needed to be called out.

And here you go again in this post. My dishonest agenda, huh. I started this thread b/c I genuinely want to hear about whether or not people in this forum and their particular communities have or have not experienced some of the anecdotal side effects that are being reported in a ton of places elsewhere. I've thanked each poster brave enough to report something that board pedants might bash them for and LIKED every post that has reported no side effects. I've sincerely liked them. I've stated many times that I would very much like to be wrong about my suspicisions about these vaxxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understand fully what your last post was about.  I'm asking what you want in THIS thread.  Supposition and guesses or actual cases?  Of course you'll get more posts if it's just supposition and guesses.

Understand fully what your last post was about.  I'm asking what you want in THIS thread.  Supposition and guesses or actual cases?  Of course you'll get more posts if it's just supposition and guesses.

I'd like to hear both, considering very very few reports of adverse reactions are being officially tied to the vaxxes. Seems the burden of proof is sky high to tie. I was looking to find out if any posters here (or anyone in their circles) has experienced odd health conditions since getting vaxxed - even if months later. I'm happy to hear most have not, but am still curious to hear all accounts - directly and surely tied or even just speculatively.

Just in the last day I found out my neighbor's mom, who is a 30-yr+ practicing physician experienced severe vertigo in the days immediately after getting vaxxed a few months ago - and has experienced on-going random bouts of vertigo since. She had never experienced vertigo prior to the vax, but didn't report it to VAERS.

Fine. Say that then. Don't say that the story isn't worthy of note or consideration b/c it was a site you don't like. (Not you, but the several posters that did to exactly that.)
“Overall, we rate the Children’s Health Defense a strong conspiracy and quackery level advocacy group that frequently promotes unsupported claims.”

Can we at least use sources that don’t have the term “quackery” used to describe them?

i got shingles after the first moderna shot, but that's not really causation.  shingles arises from stressors on your immune system triggering the virus, so they were indirectly related at best.

I got shingles 3.5 months after my 2nd Pfizer. Oddly, my wife got shingles a week before I did, which was 1.5 months after her 2nd Pfizer. I couldn't have gotten shingles from her, as I had chicken pox as a kid. It was just weird that we both had shingles at about the same time.

I got the booster the week before last, so I'm curious to see what happens in the next couple of months.

Out of 189 million fully vaccinated and another 40 million with a single dose.

You do the math.

I know how to do math

The above number is just for blood clots and just in the past year or so of data. Add other complications and deaths and in 20 years look back .... might not be pretty numbers. We just don't know AND the most disturbing thing is, its being forced in many cases, its not a personal health choice.

I know how to do math

The above number is just for blood clots and just in the past year or so of data. Add other complications and deaths and in 20 years look back .... might not be pretty numbers. We just don't know AND the most disturbing thing is, its being forced in many cases, its not a personal health choice.
And then take these miniscule numbers and compare them to the harm that the disease has done.  And we don't have to look back 20 years from now.  We can look back to the last week.

And then take these miniscule numbers and compare them to the harm that the disease has done.  And we don't have to look back 20 years from now.  We can look back to the last week.

every bad drug/chemical or whatever is looked back at - when they were created they were the best mankind could create !

then years later .... ummm ... not so much

Aside from our one son having relatively minor side affects, there is nobody we know or heard of within our circle who has been harmed by the COVID vax .

We do, however, know of 3 within the same circle who were unvaccinated and passed away. 

Go ahead and jab your kids. Safe and effective. 

https://twitter.com/trevorcoker2/status/1450994512373899264

This crap should not be used on ANYONE!

people LOVE their drugs - love love love them and I suppose I support their ability to drug their bodies, minds, get fat, out of shape, blow their minds, or have bottles of pills to offset the effects of the pills they're taking for the other pills .... 

shouldn't be forced on anyone

I know 3 people that were hospitalized shortly(next day or two) after getting the vaccine. 

I know about 10 people that have tested positive for Covid over the 20 months.

No major unexpected side affects for any that I know. A few vaccinated friends contracted covid but were able to get through it with minimal effects. Look forward to being eligible for my booster so I can top off.

define "harmed"]

my company bullied me and coerced me enough that yesterday I caved - I felt raped when I walked out, because my medical decisions has been taken from me and I was forced into something I didn't want

I will never do it again - they'll have to fire me

I have an off feeling today. Vertigo a little, and chills ..worst I've felt I guess in 5 years or more - I simply never get sick. I'm suppose to racquetball tonight, I don't know that I'm capable. I might try .... 

I'm ill from getting a shot that is suppose to help keep me from getting ill - even though I've made it 24 months and not been ill ... and there is no guarantee it'll keep me from getting ill, but I still have to get ill to maybe help not get ill

I hate the lying people who said no Govt mandate on shots ....  - this Govt money mandate/threat is the direct reason I submitted to Govt control yesterday. 

Yay everyone who supports it - you won. I hope 2024 Trump gets back in and Govt mandates things ya'll don't want. I'll sit back and laugh and say tough luck buttercup. 

define "harmed"]

my company bullied me and coerced me enough that yesterday I caved - I felt raped when I walked out, because my medical decisions has been taken from me and I was forced into something I didn't want

I will never do it again - they'll have to fire me

I have an off feeling today. Vertigo a little, and chills ..worst I've felt I guess in 5 years or more - I simply never get sick. I'm suppose to racquetball tonight, I don't know that I'm capable. I might try .... 

I'm ill from getting a shot that is suppose to help keep me from getting ill - even though I've made it 24 months and not been ill ... and there is no guarantee it'll keep me from getting ill, but I still have to get ill to maybe help not get ill

I hate lyin Joe Biden - his Govt money mandate/threat is the direct reason I submitted to Govt control yesterday. 

Yay everyone who supports it - you won. I hope 2024 Trump gets back in and Govt mandates things ya'll don't want. I'll sit back and laugh and say tough luck buttercup. 
 Hepatitis A; Poliomyelitis; Tetanus; Typhoid. Diphtheria; Hepatitis B; Rabies

Did you need these vaccinations when deployed to Afghanistan?

Also, the vaccine is not a guarantee against contracting covid, as you've been made aware on numerous occasions, but it may well dampen the severity of the issues you face should you contract covid.

Hepatitis A; Poliomyelitis; Tetanus; Typhoid. Diphtheria; Hepatitis B; Rabies

Did you need these vaccinations when deployed to Afghanistan?

I wasn't military

My son is - and he signed papers saying he'd do what the military told him - and when I was a kid I didn't have a choice either when getting shots that BTW had decades of information saying they could cause this this and that

so today I'm ill, I'm not normal, I feel off .... thanks to people who are forcing people to do something they want done

ya'll supporting this took my choice away - and I highly dislike it and hope someday something I want is forced upon you. Yeah, I'm pretty bitter right now

I wasn't military

My son is - and he signed papers saying he'd do what the military told him - and when I was a kid I didn't have a choice either when getting shots that BTW had decades of information saying they could cause this this and that

so today I'm ill, I'm not normal, I feel off .... thanks to people who are forcing people to do something they want done

ya'll supporting this took my choice away - and I highly dislike it and hope someday something I want is forced upon you. Yeah, I'm pretty bitter right now
Thanks for doing what it takes to make sure you are available to keep the rest of us safe from harm. It does the rest of us no good if you go down and cant perform your duties so thank you for being responsible.

Thanks for doing what it takes to make sure you are available to keep the rest of us safe from harm. It does the rest of us no good if you go down and cant perform your duties so thank you for being responsible.

I was never a threat to anyone - if you're vaccinated you shouldn't be worried at all

I'm down today - thanks to the shot

So did it harm me? Yes, I feel harmed

Had it for a week, thought I was over it and ate some shrimp and it came back with a vengeance for 2 more days. Do Not Eat Shrimp while experiencing vertigo!

Drink fluids and get some rest, vast majority of common side effects dissipate within 48 hours. My headache lasted 24 and then *poof* it was gone. Good luck

Ok....so we have one in four pages (taking him at his word) and several anedcotal "maybes".  Hopefully that is making people feel better?

brettdj said:
I know 3 people that were hospitalized shortly(next day or two) after getting the vaccine. 

I know about 10 people that have tested positive for Covid over the 20 months.
What were they hospitalized for? How many people do you know who’ve been vaccinated?

Not saying your statement is inaccurate, but seems like really bad luck. I take care of hospitalized patients, and volunteer at a vaccination clinic. Have not encountered or heard of a single person hospitalized post-vaccination. 

Users who are viewing this thread