What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Here if You Have or Know of Someone Who Has Been Harmed by Covid Vax (3 Viewers)

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I got my second Pfizer yesterday at 11:30.  I fell asleep early and woke up at 11:30 pm sick.  I was shivering worse than I did when I had covid, and could barley hold my phone.  I probably should have taken a Tylenol at that time but I was so cold I just went and got back to bed.   Slept like crap, tossing and turning, and sweating all night long.  Still feeling some effects.
I had a similar experience with my Pfizer booster. The second shot just made me achy and abnormally tired and sluggish. The booster was the same symptoms,  but all worse, plus chills and a slight fever (100). 

My girlfriend after 2nd shot in March had severe shoulder pain.  It persisted for about 2 months before she went to doctor, who diagnosed her with sirva which is the needle hitting the bone.  She continues to get pt, still in pain and has trouble sleeping.  

I want to know how old were they, what underlying conditions did they have, obesity rates etc 

What I'm saying is that I'm betting all those vaccinated people wouldn't have gotten covid bad anyway - shot or no shot, because of their ages/health

That is information missing that's very important 

https://datavisualizations.heritage.org/public-health/covid-19-deaths-by-age/

throw out all the vaccinated people 34 and younger - they don't die of covid with rare exception. Throw out healthy people who are vaccinated, they don't die of covid either with rare exception

tell me what the numbers are then - 

Christine MacInnis, LMFT

4 min read

Why That Vaccine Outburst is Not Anger; It's Trauma

Maybe you've been a victim of it while at your local grocery store. If you are a social media user, you have definitely noticed it on Twitter, Facebook or even your local Next-door group. We certainly cannot avoid it if we turn on the TV because according to news outlets it has invaded our transportation systems, school board meetings, and work places. I am talking about socially inappropriate public outbursts, or as I like to call them, Covid-specific trauma responses.

Due to virus related fears and issues of control, I have noticed this type of response is specific to both vaccines and mask use. It has started wars between family members and ended long term friendships. Families have started groups to form walk outs over mask and vaccine mandates at our schools. On social media, people call each other trolls or sheep depending on what side of the fence they fall on. Adults have had such strong reaction to being told to wear a mask on an aircraft that they have punched airline personnel in the face and had planes returned to the terminal. I have witnessed even older adults get into arguments over who is standing too close to them at the post office. Like many, I have found my own blood pressure start rise and anger start to bubble over when somone nearby is unmasked and coughing, something I wouldn't have even noticed two years ago.

Everyone thinks their argument is correct and that science should be the main factor, but even medical professionals and data are held with skepticism over whether vaccines are safe and if wearing a mask protects them at all. What is interesting is that this is not about vaccine safety or mask wearing at all. It is about trying to control a trauma response. What do I mean about that?

When the pandemic hit over a year and a half ago, for all of us, it was a situation that was completely out of our control. We had little clear leadership and guidance from the beginning on what was safe or not safe to do. To create our own safe spaces, each person created their own rules of how to fuction and what to do during the unknown early days. Distrust starting forming as mixed messages were being delivered through our politicians, news media and even our own CDC. Many of us coped by following the latest guidelines and trusting the scientific community. But for those who have suffered medical trauma in the past, had an adverse reaction to a medication or a vaccine, or even those who just felt a sense of unease over no clear guidance from the start of the pandemic, started forming their own defenses and opinions. In an situation that was completely uncontrollable, they created their own sense of determination and decision making. Any time this is threatened, you may see the outburst behavior occur as a form of maladaptive self protection.

So what exactly is a trauma response? Everyone has probably heard already of the flight/fight response our bodies produce to offset outside attacks both physical and psychological. But usually these situations are brief and contained. Most of us can shrug them off and it doesn't lead to extended harm. However the trauma of the pandemic is so severe because it was an event we never experienced so we couldn't assume we would not have our lives threatened, it was prolonged with no ending to predict which increases fear and it was happening to all of us at once which then limited supports from those who were not suffering from it's effects.

These outbursts we now see are our physiological and psychological responses to this trauma. For many they are unpredictable and can start over an innocent discussion of how to tackle the virus. The anger is strong, powerful and overwhelming to the person experiencing it. They may not even understand why they are so angry or out of control. It scary to both the individual and the person on the receiving end.

So what can we do if we notice we are having regular trauma responses to our environment right now?. Avoid social media and spaces where you can be easily triggered. Create safe spaces. Set up outdoor coffee dates or safe forms of interacting to reduce feelings of isolation. Soothe your nervous system. Regular meditation and deep breathing techniques have been shown to reduce trauma responses in individuals who suffer from a severe trauma response called PTSD. Apps like Calm and Headspace will get you started. And most importantly, if these suggestions do not provide relief, seek support from a trained professional. Intensive trauma informed work like EMDR can provide relief from the symptoms as the therapist works with you to heal your brain from the trauma that is not processing naturally through the use of bi-lateral stimulation. Other interventions that help support trauma work are Brainspotting, Internal Family Systems (IFS), and Somatic Experiencing.

We may not be over the pandemic but we can start to collectively heal from the trauma it has created. We also can start recognizing this response in others and control our reactions to them. Next time you are tempted to yell at your neighbor for refusing to vaccinate her twelve year old, remember they are doing the best they can too. We may not agree but we can treat each other with kindness over this extraodinary event we are all trying to survive.

I want to know how old were they, what underlying conditions did they have, obesity rates etc 

What I'm saying is that I'm betting all those vaccinated people wouldn't have gotten covid bad anyway - shot or no shot, because of their ages/health

throw out all the vaccinated people 34 and younger - they don't die of covid with rare exception. Throw out healthy people who are vaccinated, they don't die of covid either with rare exception

Those numbers are pre-delta. You can get up to date numbers from the CDC (along with comorbodity info about number with obesity and/or diabetes), although it's so much data it doesn't fit any simple narrative.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm 

Those numbers are pre-delta. You can get up to date numbers from the CDC (along with comorbodity info about number with obesity and/or diabetes), although it's so much data it doesn't fit any simple narrative.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm 

I know that site 

Studies can often be manipulated - and if 95% of the vaccinated people were very very low risk to begin with, using them as a study to prove vaccines work to stop covid is very very flawed

see what I'm saying ?

I have posted elsewhere...10 days following my 2nd Modena jab I developed migraines. Basically spent 5 months taking Motrin. Usually one tablet, but for a few months it took two tablets especially at night. Developed periodic ringing in ears probably related to motrin. The migraines have finally pretty much disappeared with slight headaches still occurring occasionally, and haven't required any Motrin for about 5 weeks. Putting a few granules of Himalayan salt under my tongue would alleviate the headaches within minutes for about 20-60 minutes  :shrug: . I never had problems with headaches before. Not interested in additional boosters if we are going to need them every 6 months. 
ETA: But I don't know anyone else that had any side effects besides a sore/red arm for a few days.
migraines are horrible.  have a few friends that get them & they are bad, bad.  can't function.  hope they have subsided.

I believe unhealthy people and elderly and compromised people who get covid virus are at risk of dying from the virus yes

Does a shot help them to just not get as sick? I don't know if I buy that or not to be honest ..... we have many vaccinated people getting covid right now, some tens of thousands and hundreds dying and that's with efforts to not track those people. 

I've just known many family members who got the shot and then got covid to believe it helps not get covid .... because it didn't help that at all. Did it help them not to be as sick? nobody knows, again of the 45 million who've been known to be sick with covid, what % have died? Not a high % and its very very low in people under 50

a healthy 30 year old person in good shape can't get the shot and then claim it helped him not get covid- he very likely wasn't going to anyway and same person can't get covid and claim he just didn't get really sick because of the shot - very likely he wasn't going to get really sick anyway

I'm all for people getting the shot, get 2 or 4 or 6 of them if you like, drink a shot for breakfast .... I support you 100%
just love your last sentence.  thanx.

A friend from high school recently passed away. I was told cause of death was cardiac arrest. His wife posted this on Facebook last night telling his story. Long read but if you have the time might be worth reading. This friend was taken over by conspiracy theories about 6-7 years ago; I.e chemtrails, Sandy hook and 911 being false flags for what it’s worth:

What follows below is a look into our family’s journey over the last few weeks. I share this to help anyone who may be on the fence about getting vaccinated or has chosen not to.
Eric stayed home from work on a Friday because he had had a slight fever, chills, and was achy, and he had the most awful cough. On Saturday he felt like he had a simple cold and thought it was silly that in order to go to work on Monday he had to be tested for COVID. He spent most of the day doing stuff in the garage and that afternoon went in for his test, which came back positive. Sunday he still felt fine until the afternoon. Then he started to feel nauseous and was super tired. On Monday and Tuesday he stayed in bed the entire day. He was super weak and coughing a lot. He didn’t want to eat because he had lost his taste too. Wednesday he felt a bit better but he started to have stomach issues. While his other symptoms got better the stomach issues were bad. He couldn’t eat anything at this point. It was also this day that Carson and I got tested. I tested positive while Carson tested negative. The only symptoms I had were a runny nose, a slight cough usually due to a tickle in my throat and I lost my sense of smell. My symptoms lasted about two days. Eric’s stomach issues, weakness, and tiredness lasted through the rest of the week. On Monday he attempted to go to work but was home by 10:00. The next day he finally went to the doctor because he was still having issues with his stomach. They told him to stay hydrated, attempt a bland diet and return on Monday if symptoms were still an issue. So Tuesday through Thursday he napped, slowly introduced more into his diet and finally seemed to be coming around. Friday I could see him outside in the garage and cutting the lawn while I was at work. Saturday he continued to do stuff around the house. He wasn’t back 100% but he was definitely better and we all felt he’d be back to work on Monday. On Sunday morning, as I came downstairs, he asked me to take him to the hospital because he was having a hard time breathing. I told him to go get dressed and I brought the laundry basket I had down to the basement. As I was down there, Carson heard him yell for me. I went upstairs and he asked me to call an ambulance. His breathing was more labored and he couldn’t get up. The ambulance arrived and they had him hooked up to oxygen instantly. They brought him out to the ambulance and left with just the lights on. Just around the corner from our house they had sirens on. The ER doctor said he went into cardiac arrest in the ambulance. They were unable to bring him back once they arrived in the ER. The ER doctor believes it’s possible he had a clot that caused the breathing issues and the cardiac arrest. He had high blood pressure but it had been under control. COVID caused his death. I’m certain that if he hadn’t had COVID he’d still be here today.
Eric wasn’t vaccinated. He didn’t believe in the shot and also didn’t believe COVID was a big deal. During a few conversations he had while at home he said he regretted not getting the shot.
I received my second shot on the Friday Eric stayed home initially. We obviously had the same strain of COVID. My experience with COVID was not even close to Eric’s. I simply felt like I had a normal cold.
Would Eric still be here if he had gotten the vaccine? We will never know but COVID is the reason he’s not here. I fully believe that if he hadn’t gotten COVID he’d still be here.
If you are still reading this and haven’t gotten the vaccine…..Please go get the shot! Don’t let your family go through what we are going through. I’ve never been so devastated in my entire life. I’ve lost the person that’s been by my side for the last 31 years. My kids have lost the man they called Dad and who was by far their biggest fan. If you don’t want to do it for yourself, get the shot for your loved ones!❤️

What are you talking about!

Guess what age group gets vaccinated the least?  The 20-35 year olds.  The group that Covid poses the least risk to, is the same group that avoids the vaccination.  You show no logic in your post.  At this point you are being willfully ignorant and desperately trying to make statistics fit your narrative.  

Guess what age group gets vaccinated the least?  The 20-35 year olds.  The group that Covid poses the least risk to, is the same group that avoids the vaccination.  You show no logic in your post.  At this point you are being willfully ignorant and desperately trying to make statistics fit your narrative.  
Welcome to the board - hope you enjoy your stay.

My girlfriend after 2nd shot in March had severe shoulder pain.  It persisted for about 2 months before she went to doctor, who diagnosed her with sirva which is the needle hitting the bone.  She continues to get pt, still in pain and has trouble sleeping.  
To be fair, there is no greater likelihood of that happening from the covid vaccines than any deltoid injection.

I know that site 

Studies can often be manipulated - and if 95% of the vaccinated people were very very low risk to begin with, using them as a study to prove vaccines work to stop covid is very very flawed

see what I'm saying ?
Given that being overweight or obese is an underlying condition that increases risk of hospitalization and death from Covid-19, and the fact that two-thirds of the adult American population are overweight or obese, I think there are a lot of people who have underlying conditions but don’t think they do. I know quite a few people who make statements about how they are low low risk and I’m thinking “dude, you’re 50 and overweight.”

Given that being overweight or obese is an underlying condition that increases risk of hospitalization and death from Covid-19, and the fact that two-thirds of the adult American population are overweight or obese, I think there are a lot of people who have underlying conditions but don’t think they do. I know quite a few people who make statements about how they are low low risk and I’m thinking “dude, you’re 50 and overweight.”
This is so true along with undiagnosed blood pressure and blood sugar issues. The people who don’t believe they have underlying conditions probably don’t see their doctor regularly.

People need to go overseas for a few weeks.  They'll come back and wonder where all the fat people came from.

This is so true along with undiagnosed blood pressure and blood sugar issues. The people who don’t believe they have underlying conditions probably don’t see their doctor regularly.
1000% this. And to add to what @bigbottom said, many people have no idea what constitutes a healthy weight. Even in these forums, you see a lot of people dismiss guidelines, and say things like “I’d look like a cancer patient with the recommended BMI”.

Right after I was vaxed I was told I would have to take a 40% pay cut and cut in vacation from 5 weeks to 1 week.  Of course that could just be a coincidence and it was just a side effect of Biden leading the economy.

To those reading, who may not know...the CDC numbers are not a 'study".  They are the reported numbers by healthcare professionals to the federal government.  The numbers that SC posted are a subset of those numbers spliced together by the Heritage Foundation and SC is worried about things being "manipulated".  It's puzzling for one to throw out "evidence" as emphatic proof in one breath while questioning the source the evidence is coming from in the next.  It's almost like it's a dishonest position.

Throw on top of it all the conflation between getting the virus (which was the original question) and having severe side effects requiring hospitalization and it's virtually impossible to have any sort of intellectual conversation.  The virus doesn't care if you're "healthy" or not.  "Healthy" people catch the virus just like everyone else.  There is nothing meaningful in the data to suggest otherwise.  Of course, they might not go to the hospital, but that's not what the original topic was.  We're just bouncing from talking point to talking point with no cohesive connection between any of it.  :shrug:  

Maybe they don't see themselves as being overweight because the definition of "overweight" was created by the same scientific community that is telling them that COVID is a threat?

[scooter] said:
Maybe they don't see themselves as being overweight because the definition of "overweight" was created by the same scientific community that is telling them that COVID is a threat?
The "overweight" and BMI isn't always reliable.. If your a weight lifter it may say you are obese.

[scooter] said:
I don’t think BMI has been politicized like covid. Societal standards have just skewed to accept overweight as “normal.”

Right after I was vaxed I was told I would have to take a 40% pay cut and cut in vacation from 5 weeks to 1 week.  Of course that could just be a coincidence and it was just a side effect of Biden leading the economy.
Probably a good time to start looking for a new job. There are plenty out there.

true

should the Government starting mandating weight/BMI ?  in your opinion ? 

no, you're willfully, not me

you cannot take people who were 99.99% NOT going to get bad sick from covid and put them into a vaccinated people poll and say 'look, they are vaccinated and didn't get bad sick from covid THANK YOU VACCINE !! "

they were NOT going to get it bad anyway !!

show me vaccinated and unhealthy/over 60 years of age statistics .... that's the real test of vaccination

no, you're willfully, not me

you cannot take people who were 99.99% NOT going to get bad sick from covid and put them into a vaccinated people poll and say 'look, they are vaccinated and didn't get bad sick from covid THANK YOU VACCINE !! "

they were NOT going to get it bad anyway !!

show me vaccinated and unhealthy/over 60 years of age statistics .... that's the real test of vaccination
So if I show you statistics for vaccinated vs unvaccinated in the older population that show a much higher rate of the unvaccinated dying or being in the ICU (despite an overall higher population of vaccinated people in this group), then you will admit that you were talking out your a##?

So if I show you statistics for vaccinated vs unvaccinated in the older population that show a much higher rate of the unvaccinated dying or being in the ICU (despite an overall higher population of vaccinated people in this group), then you will admit that you were talking out your a##?

what I'm saying is this miracle vaccination that Joe said would result in very very low chances at getting the virus and that nobody would have to wear masks if they got the shot ...... that was all lies

and when you realize that in 2 years of covid, 605 under 18 have died and most of them already very sick ... it cannot help but make a person wake up to the fact that making kids wear masks and making kids get shots all in the name of saving kids lives .... that's lies, its NOT what the Fed Govt and people are saying it is

if you want your kids to get the shot knowing they're 99.99% not going to get covid bad anyway - go for it. You want them to wear masks? Force them to, or force them to wear helmets and face shields and wear PPE all day long. Whatever - but don't Federally mandate it under the lies this administration has told. When that happens - everyone needs to ask WHY

it cannot help but make a person wake up to the fact that making kids wear masks and making kids get shots all in the name of saving kids lives .... that's lies, its NOT what the Fed Govt and people are saying it is
Nobody is making the argument that kids wearing masks and kids getting the vaccine are about saving kids lives (well, a little bit, but that is a tiny fraction of the reasoning)

moops what do you think about Joe today ?  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-caught-violating-dc-mask-mandate-at-posh-georgetown-restaurant

"Per CDC guidance and DC Mayor Muriel Bowser’s executive order, all individuals over age 2 are required to wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be always worn while in our restaurants, except while eating and drinking. Thank you for understanding," the restaurant's website says.

well that's fantastic isn't it ?

until you realize ...

https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/coronavirus/page_content/attachments/Mayors-Order-2021-097.pdf

besides the blatant disregard for the mandates he so openly pushes to everyone else ... check this little snippet in the above link page 3 item 4.

"The enforcement provisions of this Order shall not be applied to persons in the federal government or legislative branch of the District government while those persons are on duty."

my my

so they wrote a mandate that everyone has to wear masks .... except themselves. they don't want to wear masks and so they write it into the orders that forces everyone to wear masks a provision that they don't have to

if that doesn't make you question the mandates I guess nothing will 

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid source you go there. Love being bombarded with 

ORDER TODAY: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s New Book — 'The Real Anthony Fauci'

She should be. It may put to rest any fears that it was an adverse reaction to the covid vaccine in particular.
No she is not.  There was no fears of such just concern that she may have a life long problem now most likely because of inexperience.  My father, who was a pharmacist and 88 years old, got his vaccination January 2020 but told me the girl did it improperly as he started bleeding after .  

Depends on the vaccine. The Astra Zeneca and Johnson and Johnson vaccine have produced multiple deaths from blood clots. Anywhere from 1 in 200000 to 1 in 1000000.

The chances of dying from covid are what, 1 in 100?, 1 in 150? The chances of lengthy complications are 1 in 20, 1 in 40?

The pfizer and moderna vaccines havent produced any deaths from what I can find. Its possible i guess. The worst side effect i have heard is myocarditis in young adult men. Usually very treatable. I think the stats were 2 in 100000. If you get covid the chances are 10 in 100000 of getting myocarditis. 

Major side effects from other vaccines are much higher. You know the ones that people have no trouble getting.

In conclusion, are the vaccines flawless? Of course not, but if you get covid the odds of complications or death are ridiculously higher. 

Keep dreaming. I could light this thread on fire. I'll just leave this one here.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/brandon-goodwin-nba-player-covid-vaccine-blood-clots/

but blood clots have been linked to all three COVID vaccines authorized for emergency use in the U.S. — Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson (J&J)  — though the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has added a warning label only to the J&J shot.
Please stop using this as a source. By using it you are spreading terrible misinformation.

Factual Reporting: LOW

Overall, we rate the Children’s Health Defense a strong conspiracy and quackery level advocacy group that frequently promotes unsupported claims. We also rate them low for factual reporting due to the promotion of propaganda as well as several failed fact checks.

Your fire has fizzled…

Please stop using this as a source. By using it you are spreading terrible misinformation.

Factual Reporting: LOW

Overall, we rate the Children’s Health Defense a strong conspiracy and quackery level advocacy group that frequently promotes unsupported claims. We also rate them low for factual reporting due to the promotion of propaganda as well as several failed fact checks.

Your fire has fizzled…

Why bother? 

Joe Mammy said:
Why bother? 
I know what you mean, but I feel like misinformation should be called out. Especially when it’s that bad.

Otherwise it gets normalized.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Did you guys actually take the time to read that article? Look, it may or may not be accurate that the vax caused that NBA player's blood clots, but his story itself isn't misinfo - rather just info that isn't being reported anywhere else.

And BTW, it's very much in line with the point of this thread - to hear accounts of those who have been harmed by Covid vaxxes. You choose to dismiss those accounts as anecdotal and/or non-causal, fine. But don't dismiss them just b/c the mainstream media refuses to report them, which is exactly what the last several posts seem to be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread