What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Marshall Stabbed, in Intensive Care (2 Viewers)

@Jay_Glazer

Dolphins source told me that team informed by docs that BMarshall is not in imminent danger at this point

@Jay_Glazer Dolphins source told me that team informed by docs that BMarshall is not in imminent danger at this point
Shefty saying people close to BMarsh are saying "He'll be ok!"...I'll wait to hear from what he heard from the guy who was next to the other guy.Again, just hope he is ok.

Obviously his health is the number 1 concern here...and I'm glad it looks like he's "ok" from the initial reports.

but....looking ahead Im curious. If there are charges filed against him by his girlfriend for domestic violence could he lose a whole year to suspension once he's healthy? or since there is a lock out and no union contract is a suspension unenforceable?

Obviously his health is the number 1 concern here...and I'm glad it looks like he's "ok" from the initial reports. but....looking ahead Im curious. If there are charges filed against him by his girlfriend for domestic violence could he lose a whole year to suspension once he's healthy? or since there is a lock out and no union contract is a suspension unenforceable?
I don't know. If he's abducted by aliens later, will he be the same player when he comes back? Could we please stop the baseless speculation - at least for 10 minutes or so.

Obviously his health is the number 1 concern here...and I'm glad it looks like he's "ok" from the initial reports. but....looking ahead Im curious. If there are charges filed against him by his girlfriend for domestic violence could he lose a whole year to suspension once he's healthy? or since there is a lock out and no union contract is a suspension unenforceable?
I don't know. If he's abducted by aliens later, will he be the same player when he comes back? Could we please stop the baseless speculation - at least for 10 minutes or so.
Seemed like a pretty fair question given his prior troubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seemed like a pretty fair question given his prior troubles.
Yeah, it was nothing if not fair.

and what??? You want to sit around holding hands signing Kumbia for the next 10 minutes??Look I get it...speculation can get tiresome....and I mentioned that I certainly hope that Marshall is "ok". But bottom line is this guy is always walking on a thin line with the law, with the NFL and with the media. With the current labor situation and with Marshall's history I thought it was a question to ask even if it involved "speculation".

Question is more than fair on a fantasy football board. I would suggest avoid reading the thread but personally I would like to know what people think the possibilities are given the question Cowtippers had.

and what??? You want to sit around holding hands signing Kumbia for the next 10 minutes??Look I get it...speculation can get tiresome....and I mentioned that I certainly hope that Marshall is "ok". But bottom line is this guy is always walking on a thin line with the law, with the NFL and with the media. With the current labor situation and with Marshall's history I thought it was a question to ask even if it involved "speculation".
There wasn't anything wrong with your question, especially given the context in which it was given.

Agent says Marshall will make 'full recovery'

Brandon Marshall's agent Kennard McGuire has issued a statement on his client's stabbing.

"This is a very difficult time for Brandon and family, thankfully he will make a full recovery," he said. "We simply ask that his privacy is respected." Mike Sims-Walker, Marshall's friend and college teammate at UCF, also stated on Twitter that the Dolphins receiver "will be o.k. and is in good spirits." Although nothing has been confirmed yet, it is believed Marshall was stabbed with a knife by his wife. The couple has a history of domestic violence.

per Shefter:

More info to ESPN: Brandon Marshall was stabbed in stomach. No vital organs were pierced. Should make full recovery in two to three weeks.

Hope he has a speedy recovery. The man has lived a very volatile life.
I agree. When you read that is was Marshall who was stabbed is not surprising at all. Some guys are always in harms ways and Marshall is one of those guys. Every year someting crazy is going on in his life. Pretty sure this will not be the last time we read about Marshall.

Not to hijack the thread but has there been a player who has had this much "trouble" surrounding him over and over and managed to clean up their act and not get booted from the league. Every guy i can think managed to work themselves into the unemployment line. Im sure there are some.

I keep trying to think what would make a wife take a knife to her husband but can't come up with anything.

Sad that he can't seem to change the direction of his life.

One of these times, the knife won't miss a vital organ.

Brandon has a checkered past (well documented). But for a woman to stab her husband/boyfriend she either

A) Feared for her life

B) Or is seriously a nut bar

I hope for Brandon's sake it is B so he can cut her loose...and move on. Otherwise he is in some serious trouble with the NFL.

But wow....to get stabbed in the stomach....crazy crazy. I have a strong feeling the girl is totally unstable.

Yeah I am speculating.

Brandon has a checkered past (well documented). But for a woman to stab her husband/boyfriend she eitherA) Feared for her lifeB) Or is seriously a nut barI hope for Brandon's sake it is B so he can cut her loose...and move on. Otherwise he is in some serious trouble with the NFL.But wow....to get stabbed in the stomach....crazy crazy. I have a strong feeling the girl is totally unstable.Yeah I am speculating.
She may very well be unstable but hes been arrested before for battery in domestic disputes.

Now that we know Marshall's going to make a full recovery, let's discuss the most pertinent issue at hand...

Has this incident affected Marshall's worth in dynasty? And if so, how much?

:popcorn:

Now that we know Marshall's going to make a full recovery, let's discuss the most pertinent issue at hand... Has this incident affected Marshall's worth in dynasty? And if so, how much? :popcorn:
Probably some temporarily. These incidents seem to knock his near term value down until the season starts, he puts up points then its kinda forgotten about.............until the next incident and the cycle starts all over again. It is getting to the point though where you have to wonder long long until his value is hurt permanently cause im still trying to think of a guy who's gotten into this much repeated trouble and finished his career in thr nfl.

Good question. IMO, his value has been dropping for awhile.

This current issue can't help.If you own him, you should

trade him, but right now,that would be hard to do.

P.S. I traded him last week for Jarod Allen

in a high scoring IDP league.

Marshall's wife arrested, booked on battery

Brandon Marshall's wife has been arrested and charged with one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

It appears the early speculation that Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, was behind the stabbing that landed him in the hospital is true. A little more than two years ago, Marshall was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct in Atlanta after allegedly getting into a fight with Nogami-Marshall, then his fiancee, but the charges were dropped the next day. Details of the two's latest incident, such

Brandon has a checkered past (well documented). But for a woman to stab her husband/boyfriend she eitherA) Feared for her lifeB) Or is seriously a nut barI hope for Brandon's sake it is B so he can cut her loose...and move on. Otherwise he is in some serious trouble with the NFL.But wow....to get stabbed in the stomach....crazy crazy. I have a strong feeling the girl is totally unstable.Yeah I am speculating.
Maybe she was training to become a knife thrower in the circus. He was just being a supportive husband. What could go wrong?

Headline you'll never see upon waking on a Saturday morning. "Peyton Manning stabbed in domestic dispute in ICU"
:kicksrock:
This was not completely surprising, given Marshall's history. But, it would be a total shocker if the domestic dispute and stabbing involved Manning, Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, MJD, Ray Rice, Torry Holt, etc. In fact, I would be floored to read this happening to most guys in the NFL. The fact that it happened to Marshall and I wasn't surprised (nor do I suspect most others were, as well) is indicative of the sort of image Marshall has cultivated throughout his brief career.

Marshall's wife arrested, booked on battery Brandon Marshall's wife has been arrested and charged with one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.It appears the early speculation that Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, was behind the stabbing that landed him in the hospital is true. A little more than two years ago, Marshall was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct in Atlanta after allegedly getting into a fight with Nogami-Marshall, then his fiancee, but the charges were dropped the next day. Details of the two's latest incident, such
Was this the same woman he had problems with while in Denver? If so, I can't believe there wasn't someone in the audience who didn't stand up and give a reason for them not to be married.

Headline you'll never see upon waking on a Saturday morning. "Peyton Manning stabbed in domestic dispute in ICU"
:kicksrock:
This was not completely surprising, given Marshall's history. But, it would be a total shocker if the domestic dispute and stabbing involved Manning, Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, MJD, Ray Rice, Torry Holt, etc. In fact, I would be floored to read this happening to most guys in the NFL. The fact that it happened to Marshall and I wasn't surprised (nor do I suspect most others were, as well) is indicative of the sort of image Marshall has cultivated throughout his brief career.
That is why it is fair to say Marshall's long term dynasty value has suffered. If you could trade him straight up for another player with the same value statistically & age, then it may be wise to pull the trigger. Not now obviously, wait until mid season when his mental fortitude is nothing but an afterthought to most.

Didn't Marshall get accused of beating on his former girlfriend about a dozen times. Two different women here.

I'll go out on a limb and deduct the constant in this equation is Marshall. I doubt that all the variables are meant for the nuthouse.

Marshall has an issue beating women. I am speculating we will be seeing evidence of bruising on his wife.

My .02 is ban him from the NFL. He is a giant skid mark on goodells precious shield.

More from the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero:

Marshall is expected to be discharged and will be allowed to go home today.

Sources have told the Dolphins Marshall was not violent in response to the stabbing. But ...

The club has questions about how the incident began. Club personnel realize most wives don't just wake up in the morning and stab their husband without provocation. This issue will be important because the NFL's personal conduct policy will come into play.

Marshall's domestic violence issues are not new. He was involed in a public incident with his current wife and had no less thant seven incidents with his previous girlfriend Rasheedah Whatley.

Users who are viewing this thread