What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

Your page is for some people, assface.
Language filter down?I'm happy to report that my iPhone suggests the word "dickmitten" to me if I type in "di". I guess I use the word a lot. :thumbup:
You have a PM. Let's take a gander at it, what say ya?
I did. Not anywhere near my realm, so can't be helpful. You should post here (as in the forum, not this thread).

I'm in the middle of a very time-sensitive home renovation and at this point, I'm pretty sure I've mudded more sheetrock than my contractor.

Sucker of the Year Committee, I await your call.

I'm in the middle of a very time-sensitive home renovation and at this point, I'm pretty sure I've mudded more sheetrock than my contractor.

Sucker of the Year Committee, I await your call.
I'm assuming "mudding the sheetrock" is not a euphemism for something fun?

The Wedding Diaries - Day 3 - Sagebrush Booze, Pre-Wedding Blues and Grandmother I'd Like to {:content:}amp;@

...I thought the phone cut out because my cell coverage in that area is spotty at best and, well....I tried to crack a joke to make Greg laugh, only this backfired. Hard. Thinking that the phone call had been lost, I kind of, sort of screamed into the phone "AND WE'RE GOING UP TO WINNIPEG TO BONE SOME HOOKERS!!!!"Heh heh heh....you know where this is going. She was still on the phone. And while Greg and I were cracking up, I looked down and realized in horror that she was still holding the phone to her ear and was not so happy with me. :unsure: Well, I'm an idiot and if there's one thing in life I'm above average in, it's groveling and saying sorry. Which I did in a major way, as she was in tears when I got to her house. I tried to explain what happened with the phone and that I was just making a joke, that I didn't even have a passport to go into Winnipeg, but she wasn't very happy with me and I certainly understand why. At least when I do something stupid, I go all in.
Woah woah woah...back up a second cowboy.Let's see...

GM = bringing all kinds of funny? Check

Future Mrs. GM = awesome sense of humor = Um....

:pics:

Tomorrow, tell her you got a job with NASA and are leaving for a 6 month mission to the Moon.

Then report back with her gross overreaction.
Trust me when I say this was not her normal self. I think the pressure of the wedding + my kids fighting all morning/afternoon + my parents hovering asking a million questions + my sister and her wild kids + me drinking beer and having fun + my annoyance at her asking "when I'd be back" brought on the overreaction. Normally, she's calm, cool and collected. We ended the fight quickly and were fine the rest of the way.And if you think I don't know what I'm talking about, rest assured I have 10 years to compare and contrast. I know how good I've got it now. Trust me.
You should keep your sister away from all current and future wives...so I hear.

Early_10 said:
General Malaise said:
SuperJohn96 said:
The Wedding Diaries - Day 3 - Sagebrush Booze, Pre-Wedding Blues and Grandmother I'd Like to {:content:}amp;@

...I thought the phone cut out because my cell coverage in that area is spotty at best and, well....I tried to crack a joke to make Greg laugh, only this backfired. Hard. Thinking that the phone call had been lost, I kind of, sort of screamed into the phone "AND WE'RE GOING UP TO WINNIPEG TO BONE SOME HOOKERS!!!!"Heh heh heh....you know where this is going. She was still on the phone. And while Greg and I were cracking up, I looked down and realized in horror that she was still holding the phone to her ear and was not so happy with me. :thumbup: Well, I'm an idiot and if there's one thing in life I'm above average in, it's groveling and saying sorry. Which I did in a major way, as she was in tears when I got to her house. I tried to explain what happened with the phone and that I was just making a joke, that I didn't even have a passport to go into Winnipeg, but she wasn't very happy with me and I certainly understand why. At least when I do something stupid, I go all in.

:rolleyes:

Tomorrow, tell her you got a job with NASA and are leaving for a 6 month mission to the Moon.

Trust me when I say this was not her normal self. I think the pressure of the wedding + my kids fighting all morning/afternoon + my parents hovering asking a million questions + my sister and her wild kids + me drinking beer and having fun + my annoyance at her asking "when I'd be back" brought on the overreaction. Normally, she's calm, cool and collected. We ended the fight quickly and were fine the rest of the way.And if you think I don't know what I'm talking about, rest assured I have 10 years to compare and contrast. I know how good I've got it now. Trust me.
Yeah, I sort of have a different take on this invovling common denominators, but I apprecaite the sentiment all the same.

Sack-Religious said:
krista4 said:
In other news, paper towels aren't supposed to cost $4/roll, are they?
They are when you buy them, individually, at a gas station. This is probably very Captain Obvious of me, but everytime I've needed to buy anything other than gas at a gas station the prices are always more than you'd pay at a supermarket, Costco, etc.
I've had to be buy gas station toilet paper out of desperation. I've paid less for drugs.

I'm drinking a new beer I picked up from the convenient store: Widmer Brothers Sunburn Summer Brew. It's the worst beer I've ever tasted. I'm contemplating taking the remaining 4 back. If you see this, avoid it like the plague. I'd much rather drink Rolling Rock, Miller Light or Budweiser. This stuff is rancidly bad.

And it's not a bad batch, I don't think. I just think it's ridiculously poor beer.

I'm drinking a new beer I picked up from the convenient store: Widmer Brothers Sunburn Summer Brew. It's the worst beer I've ever tasted. I'm contemplating taking the remaining 4 back. If you see this, avoid it like the plague. I'd much rather drink Rolling Rock, Miller Light or Budweiser. This stuff is rancidly bad.

And it's not a bad batch, I don't think. I just think it's ridiculously poor beer.
One wasn't bad enough? :shrug:

Early_10 said:
General Malaise said:
SuperJohn96 said:

...I thought the phone cut out because my cell coverage in that area is spotty at best and, well....I tried to crack a joke to make Greg laugh, only this backfired. Hard. Thinking that the phone call had been lost, I kind of, sort of screamed into the phone "AND WE'RE GOING UP TO WINNIPEG TO BONE SOME HOOKERS!!!!"Heh heh heh....you know where this is going. She was still on the phone. And while Greg and I were cracking up, I looked down and realized in horror that she was still holding the phone to her ear and was not so happy with me. :ptts: Well, I'm an idiot and if there's one thing in life I'm above average in, it's groveling and saying sorry. Which I did in a major way, as she was in tears when I got to her house. I tried to explain what happened with the phone and that I was just making a joke, that I didn't even have a passport to go into Winnipeg, but she wasn't very happy with me and I certainly understand why. At least when I do something stupid, I go all in.

:unsure:

W.T.F? She's a hoot... Not as much fun as aunt Louise, but pretty darn close...

Dear anyone who will ever stay in this hotel room who plans on walking around on this carpet barefoot: I'm sorry.

I'm drinking a new beer I picked up from the convenient store: Widmer Brothers Sunburn Summer Brew. It's the worst beer I've ever tasted. I'm contemplating taking the remaining 4 back. If you see this, avoid it like the plague. I'd much rather drink Rolling Rock, Miller Light or Budweiser. This stuff is rancidly bad.And it's not a bad batch, I don't think. I just think it's ridiculously poor beer.
I'm sorry for your loss.

I got a call from a GB yesterday that another GB got evicted. He's kind of like Pauly Walnuts in that he lives in his parents home and his Mom, who moved out long ago, always paid the taxes. Her mind is slipping and she didn't bother paying the taxes and out of nowhere a the cops show up and they threw all of his #### to the curb. Some guy bought his house for 30k. The Zillow estimate is $140k. Unreal. Luckily we know people with trailers and got all of his stuff, that he wanted, loaded up right before it thunder stormed. I spent the afternoon making phone calls and trying to calm his dumb ### down.

Good times.

krista4 said:
Aloof said:
Solid work, GM.

I ate at the Toby Keef place in Vegas a couple of months ago. Huge food portions and the servers all looked like they came in 5th place in a Daisy Duke look-a-like contest.

Oh and my mom just sent me a pic of my 60-something aunt posing with Flava Flav.
I'll take a PM.
Facebook down?
Your page is for some people, assface.
Language filter down?I'm happy to report that my iPhone suggests the word "dickmitten" to me if I type in "di". I guess I use the word a lot. :shrug:
Intrigued...Use dickmitten in a sentence.

One wasn't bad enough? :shrug:
Maybe it's so bad they can only sell them in 5-packs?

Room temperature chicken fingers >>>>>>>> hot chicken fingers.

I got a call from a GB yesterday that another GB got evicted. He's kind of like Pauly Walnuts in that he lives in his parents home and his Mom, who moved out long ago, always paid the taxes. Her mind is slipping and she didn't bother paying the taxes and out of nowhere a the cops show up and they threw all of his #### to the curb. Some guy bought his house for 30k. The Zillow estimate is $140k. Unreal. Luckily we know people with trailers and got all of his stuff, that he wanted, loaded up right before it thunder stormed. I spent the afternoon making phone calls and trying to calm his dumb ### down.Good times.
You are good people. :shrug:

I got a call from a GB yesterday that another GB got evicted. He's kind of like Pauly Walnuts in that he lives in his parents home and his Mom, who moved out long ago, always paid the taxes. Her mind is slipping and she didn't bother paying the taxes and out of nowhere a the cops show up and they threw all of his #### to the curb. Some guy bought his house for 30k. The Zillow estimate is $140k. Unreal. Luckily we know people with trailers and got all of his stuff, that he wanted, loaded up right before it thunder stormed. I spent the afternoon making phone calls and trying to calm his dumb ### down.Good times.
You are good people. :thumbup:
I don't know, I try. Thanks GB.He just called me and said he canceled the appointment I had set up for him with the lawyer and he isn't going to pursue it. I told him he was nuts but it was his decision. :sigh: We've been friends since we were 8 and I was really good friends with his Dad too. His Dad died in 94 and really messed my GB and the rest of the family up. I also realized yesterday that out of all my friends, the vast majority of us don't have traditional 9-5 jobs. I'm not sure what that means exactly. :unsure:

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR.

It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR. It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.
I'm a big fan of dumping #### like these in supermarket Dumpsters.

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR. It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.
Put a sign on it that you are willing to except trades.People love trades.

Then why would you except them? :goodposting:

:moneybag:

:moneybag:

Put a sign on it: FOR SALE $20It'll be gone tonight.

:goodposting: :kicksrock: :lmao: :lmao:

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR.

It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.
Freecycle it. Ive yet to put something on there that hasnt been taken. People love free ####. Even if it really is ####.

Put a sign on it: FOR SALE $20It'll be gone tonight.
I'm a big fan of "free stuff" on Craigslist. I've gotten rid of an old washer, an old TV, an old vaccuum, all within a matter of hours. Tons of human scavengers on that thing.

Dear anyone who will ever stay in this hotel room who plans on walking around on this carpet barefoot: I'm sorry.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wait, what???
:D Id like to hear this story as well. I had a dirty-hippie roommate in college with a bad case of athletes feet. He used to walk around the living room in barefeet dragging the tops and bottoms of his toes to relieve the itching and scrape off the fungus. I would always cringe whenever someone came over and laid down on the floor.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wait, what???
:D Id like to hear this story as well. I had a dirty-hippie roommate in college with a bad case of athletes feet. He used to walk around the living room in barefeet dragging the tops and bottoms of his toes to relieve the itching and scrape off the fungus. I would always cringe whenever someone came over and laid down on the floor.
Ahhhhhhhhh, i just barfed in my trash can. Gross.

Text from my daughter while she is mowing the lawn:

"How many times can I drive the lawn mower off the curb n get stuck? How did I ever get my license?'

:D

Users who are viewing this thread